• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

myco666

Hmm maybe I'll post a pic of my guys stats or something. I was using the cane +6 at that point for range but my usual is BoM +8. the two pimp dudes on the walkway put up a hell of a fight too. it's really weird how it's spiked.

I've been playing the game mostly blind so I wonder if I've fucked up the order somehow.

You should have your Cane closer to +9 and good gems in that area since the game drops bunch of chunks at that point of the game. Also why do you try to kill the slugs? They are really harmless.

EL CUCO

Hmm maybe I'll post a pic of my guys stats or something. I was using the cane +6 at that point for range but my usual is BoM +8. the two pimp dudes on the walkway put up a hell of a fight too. it's really weird how it's spiked.

I've been playing the game mostly blind so I wonder if I've fucked up the order somehow.
I found the cane at +6 incredibly weak towards the tougher parts of the game. I stopped upgrading it at that point

I just killed the Beggar NPC. Started fighting his transformation with Blades of Mercy, poison proc'd in 4 hits. Took 1/3 of his life. I had no idea of his weakness either. I just kited him as he slowly died.

Oppo

I found the cane at +6 incredibly weak towards the tougher parts of the game. I stopped upgrading it at that point

I like the cane but that's why it's only +6 now, I've been putting mats towards the Blade of Mercy. I think I am only 3 away from an upgrade to +9 so maybe I'll try farming that. for red the last boss I killed was
the cosmic space abortion thing.

I've also somehow managed to miss seemingly every quest line somehow. sigh

knitoe

Seriously guys how is
Ebrietas
giving so much trouble to everyone? Just tried it with my new character and managed to beat her on first try.
Joke post?

How is this a new character, Lvl 78, chikage +10 and evelyn +9, with 40 bloodtinge. With those stats, yes, she would be very easy.

Arjen

Joke post?

How is this a new character, Lvl 78, chikage +10 and evelyn +9, with 40 bloodtinge. With those stats, yes, she would be very easy.

lol, seriously. Overleveled, exploting every weakness known for that boss.
"This boss is so easy" ugh.

myco666

Joke post?

Well it is not my first character so it is new character? The recommended level to that fight is around 70 and you can easily get Blood Rock before that fight. Sure if everyone who has trouble with her is seriously under leveled it is hard but every boss hard if you are underleveled.

lol, seriously. Overleveled, exploting every weakness known for that boss.
"This boss is so easy" ugh.

Oh it is supposed to be played with bad weapons, bad stats and no strategy at all? Sorry. Seriously though why wouldn't you shoot her in the head or use weapons that have good reach?

Ferr986

Well it is not my first character so it is new character? The recommended level to that fight is around 70 and you can easily get Blood Rock before that fight. Sure if everyone who has trouble with her is seriously under leveled it is hard but every boss hard if you are underleveled.

Oh it is supposed to be played with bad weapons, bad stats and no strategy at all? Sorry.

It's not your first character so you know her attacks and moves. It's kind of different.

Also, I think she may be weak to blood damage? My Chikage in Blood mode totally decimates her. But that's just my assuption.

Anyways, most people won't go their first time with perfect stat leveling and full upgraded weapons because they don't even know that unless they keep following guides/forums. It is a hard boss coming blind. My first time with her with a Quality build took me a good couple of tries. With my new BT character, around a min at most.

myco666

It's not your first character so you know her attacks and moves. It's kind of different.

Also, I think she may be weak to blood damage. My Chikage in Blood mode totally decimates her. But that's just my assuption.

Anyways, most people won't go their first time with perfect stat leveling and full upgraded weapons because they don't even know that unless they keep following guides/forums. It is a hard boss coming blind.

Well even the first time I managed to beat her second try with LHB build that had stats all over the place. Haven't really had any practice with that boss. Sure if she is weak to blood damage then it was easier for me now. Also getting into that fight before getting to
Mensis
without a guide is really hard. The key to that area is hidden to a place that you probably won't find first time through. So you should atleast have +9 weapons at that battle.

Arjen

Oh it is supposed to be played with bad weapons, bad stats and no strategy at all? Sorry. Seriously though why wouldn't you shoot her in the head or use weapons that have good reach?

How did you do on your first try against that boss? Blind, before you knew what was the best way to tackle it? That's a good indication if it's hard or not.

Finally got around to beating D
efiled
W
atchdog
(SL140). It easn't easy but
I eventually figured out it gets destroyed by ludwigs r2 attack and jump r2

myco666

How did you do on your first try against that boss? Blind, before you knew what was the best way to tackle it? That's a good indication if it's hard or not.

Went blind, died once or twice had Cannon and LHB.

edit. Almost all bosses are weak to headshots so you should know to shoot at the head if you can lock on to them at that point since she is late game boss.

edit2. Just checked the what the average level against her is and it seems to be 75. Yeah I was super overleveled with 78 lol.

knitoe

Most people saying she's hard are facing her on their first character which probably don't have the "perfect" stat allocation and/or fully upgraded build weapons. But most importantly, they don't know the boss strategy to easy kill it.

Same as the 1st time I did the later chalice bosses, they were very hard, but on my 2nd time, they were relatively easy. Should I be questioning when people whom are saying they are hard.

Arjen

Went blind, died once or twice had Cannon and LHB.

edit. Almost all bosses are weak to headshots so you should know to shoot at the head if you can lock on to them at that point since she is late game boss.

edit2. Just checked the what the average level against her is and it seems to be 75. Yeah I was super overleveled with 78 lol.

Well, I guess your just an amazing player then and everyone just sucks.

myco666

Well, I guess your just an amazing player then and everyone just sucks.

I am not really saying that either. I am just asking what is the problem in that fight since to me it has been easy with two very different builds. Had problems against other bosses that other people say are really easy and I don't get angry at them.

knitoe

Struggling with this myself actually, might give ludwigs a go later
Like most bosses, you just have to figure out it's attack pattern. First time beating it, I did the dodge toward the side his head attack starts from, 1-2 hit and repeat. On the second time, I found it easy to do the bait his attack, wait for his head to turn back, 1 hit his head and repeat strategy.
I am not really saying that either. I am just asking what is the problem in that fight since to me it has been easy with two very different builds. Had problems against other bosses that other people say are really easy and I don't get angry at them.
She much more easy with builds that use a BONE MARROW + upgraded CANNON or EVELYN. Just stand back shoot, visceral and profit. Most people don't have those builds on their first play through. Either you are lucky with your builds or you are well aware that that those builds are powerful.

Arjen

I'm not angry. Your post just came off as a bit condescending that's all. But that might be my fault as well.

Emouse

Like most bosses, you just have to figure out it's attack pattern. First time beating it, I did the dodge toward the side his head attack starts from, 1-2 hit and repeat. On the second time, I found it easy to do the bait his attack, wait for his head to turn back, 1 hit his head and repeat strategy.

I've beaten it in other chalices,I think it's just having halved health and being too agressive in the defiled version that's my downfall, gotta take it slower and bait the attacks it seems

myco666

Most people saying she's hard are facing her on their first character which probably don't have the "perfect" stat allocation and/or fully upgraded build weapons. But most importantly, they don't know the boss strategy to easy kill it.

Same as the 1st time I did the later chalice bosses, they were very hard, but on my 2nd time, they were relatively easy. Should I be questioning when people whom are saying they are hard.

I am not really questoning people. Just asking what is the problem since I don't see the problem myself even with my first character. Also this new build is way different than what I am used to and still getting accustomed to it. I really didn't meant to be hostile and "lol casul scrubs" attitude at all. Just wanted to know what makes her hard.

I'm not angry. Your post just came off as a bit condescending that's all. But that might be my fault as well.

Sorry wasn't the intent. Just curious what makes her so hard to people.

Got my first triple kill in PvP, yeeees:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NvJ7Jwjl5g

Nice! Invaders don't get frenzy? Didn't know. Might try to be asshole next time lol.

edit.
She much more easy with builds that use a BONE MARROW + upgraded CANNON or EVELYN. Just stand back shoot, visceral and profit. Most people don't have those builds on their first play through. Either you are lucky with your builds or you are well aware that that those builds are powerful.

First playthrough I decided to use cannon since I sucked in parrying. Wasn't going for Cannon build at all first. This playthrough I decided to go with Bloodtinge build and looked up what weapons have best scaling for it. Didn't know it would make these big monsters a cakewalk.

Nice! Invaders don't get frenzy? Didn't know. Might try to be asshole next time lol.

yeah i've gotten invaded several times and the invaders often just run towards monsters and frenzy locations just to get an advantage :p

frenzy should occur on invaders too atleast, makes it impossible to fight them around the brain monsters for example.

IronRinn

Welp, after going at a steady clip through the middle part of the game, I'm stuck between E
brietas
and going through N
ightmare of
M
ensis
(holy crap that area sucks.) Spent last night doing runs through the L
ecture
H
all
grinding for echoes.

Welp, after going at a steady clip through the middle part of the game, I'm stuck between E
brietas
and going through N
ightmare of
M
ensis
(holy crap that area sucks.) Spent last night doing runs through the L
ecture
H
all
grinding for echoes.

well, that is the final location in the game, so save that good stuff for last :D make sure you've cleaned up all optional content.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Man I was surprised when I sat down to equip runes for the first time, where did I get all of these? o_o So many options. Pays to do things out of order I guess. For the moment went for the echo boost ones alongside teh coolest, gain HP on visceral.

Lombax

Banned
NG+ Question: Do the level up rules still pertain to the Doll in NG+? I'm walking around with 120k souls and 7 insight at the moment, and the Doll is inactive.

Do I need to see the first boss again before I can level up?

IronRinn

well, that is the final location in the game, so save that good stuff for last :D make sure you've cleaned up all optional content.

Yeah, I guess I should check and see if there's anything I missed (still pissed E
ileen
died in my game. Would have liked to have finished her quest-line.)

cslesce

NG+ Question: Do the level up rules still pertain to the Doll in NG+? I'm walking around with 120k souls and 7 insight at the moment, and the Doll is inactive.

Just use any spare messengers or how is called to gain insight?

no, just warp back into town and back to the Dream and she should be alive.

yeah i've gotten invaded several times and the invaders often just run towards monsters and frenzy locations just to get an advantage :p

frenzy should occur on invaders too atleast, makes it impossible to fight them around the brain monsters for example.

Keep in mind that invaders have pretty low hp, I think giving them frenzy would be a bit much. That said, NOM is not a friendly area to be invaded in.

The host can always go to a safe area, but of course the invader could be a dick and just wait somewhere else. I am trying to be a "nice" invader most of the time, but I will use the "approval" gesture because it is just too awesome.

Keep in mind that invaders have pretty low hp, I think giving them frenzy would be a bit much. That said, NOM is not a friendly area to be invaded in.

The host can always go to a safe area, but of course the invader could be a dick and just wait somewhere else. I am trying to be a "nice" invader most of the time, but I will use the "approval" gesture because it is just too awesome.

yeah, that is also one of the places where most invasions happened.

I tend to use the Messengers Gift and try to suprise people near elevators or something :D sneak kills are the best.

And if not, yeah, always do a curtsy or other gesture before firing a cannonball at them :D

yeah, that is also one of the places where most invasions happened.

I tend to use the Messengers Gift and try to suprise people near elevators or something :D sneak kills are the best.

And if not, yeah, always do a curtsy or other gesture before firing a cannonball at them :D

Messenger's Gift is awesome and I still get surprised by it sometimes, even though I know about it. Can't use it though, my arcane is below 10. Dark Souls 2 has better trolling items and gestures though.

Also the cannon is stupid, but I think I should keep my mouth shut as an Evelyn user. XD

ryuken-d

well I'm getting my ass handed to me in the dungeons. The blood letting beast is wrecking me. depth 4 isz I think. fuck. I've gotten very close though so I know I can do it.

On Demand

Banned
Question about the end of the game-

Do the choices Ghernam gives you have a different outcome? I chose to refuse

I should of copied the save to a USB before i did that but obviously i didn't know.

He's
pretty fast. I'm level 83 though so i don't think i'll have too much trouble.

I-hate-u

Question about the end of the game-

Do the choices Ghernam gives you have a different outcome? I chose to refuse

I should of copied the save to a USB before i did that but obviously i didn't know.

He's
pretty fast. I'm level 83 though so i don't think i'll have too much trouble.

3 different outcomes

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The spoiler tags in this thread are hilarious. I don't get it. How is it spoilerish telling people that there is a boss named <insert boss name here>? There story in this game is so insignificant, I just find it funny.

"Oh my god you spoiled that there is a boss named Bloodletting Beast! Game ruined".

I mean if there were a thread for a very story heavy game like uncharted or mass effect then yes.

Oh well whatever.

Just curious, what is the best (or most frustrating) example of when the game cheeses you? For me it would be when I was taking on 3 hunters and I was trying to run from them and I got to a switch that I needed to flip. I tried to flip it but someone left a message right next to it and I accidently activated that and got totally thrashed. Was not happy.

The spoiler tags in this thread are hilarious. I don't get it. How is it spoilerish telling people that there is a boss named <insert boss name here>? There story in this game is so insignificant, I just find it funny.

"Oh my god you spoiled that there is a boss named Bloodletting Beast! Game ruined".

I mean if there were a thread for a very story heavy game like uncharted or mass effect then yes.

Oh well whatever.

Just curious, what is the best (or most frustrating) example of when the game cheeses you? For me it would be when I was taking on 3 hunters and I was trying to run from them and I got to a switch that I needed to flip. I tried to flip it but someone left a message right next to it and I accidently activated that and got totally thrashed. Was not happy.
Welp there's bound to be new players asking for advice and
Gehrman
is a big spoiler.

edbrat

so my second character (after a straight up str build) is now on 25 for skill - a few points into VIT and I'm rocking the cane. I am wondering whether to go

- full skill
- skill + arcane
- skill + bt

Are these all viable builds for mainly PVE and coop? What do you guys think is the most fun?

On Demand

Banned
3 different outcomes

Oh wow. I think i might just look them up. Don't really feel like playing through the game again so soon after i beat it.

It looks like i missed alot of side areas. I still don't know what area leads you to open that gate that's right outside the clinic in Yharnam? It's at the beginning of the game. And that switch still doesn't work for the gate further up from there.

I was watching a stream and I saw
a snow area.
I never even got a hint of any section like that.

zma1013

The cane is perfectly viable at the end game. Its strengths and weaknesses never change throughout. It has great range and is the best for crowd control. It lacks stagger potential though which can make it harder to fight larger enemies. As with any of the weapons, some things are easier with it, some things harder.

I-hate-u

Oh wow. I think i might just look them up. Don't really feel like playing through the game again so soon after i beat it.

It looks like i missed alot of side areas. I still don't know what area leads you to open that gate that's right outside the clinic in Yharnam? It's at the beginning of the game. And that switch still doesn't work for the gate further up from there.

I was watching a stream and I saw
a snow area.
I never even got a hint of any section like that.

That locked area outside the clinic andthe snow area are related. You would have also missed about 6-7 awesome new boss battles if you ignore the chalice dungeons.

taybul

I think I'm slowly coming to a hard stop with this game, folks. Went in on my second player last night, did a chalice dungeon or two and was like "meh" the entire time. I wanted to create a third character and try arcane but I feel like it would just be a severely under-powered melee character through most of the game. Basically Micolash.

On Demand

Banned
That locked area outside the clinic andthe snow area are related. You would have also missed about 6-7 awesome new boss battles if you ignore the chalice dungeons.

I tried exploring everything I could. Don't know how I could of missed that. What about the other gate up ahead? It's a shortcut.

I did a couple of chalice dungeons but I stopped since it was getting sort of boring and I wanted to focus on the main game. I stopped after I got that bone armor.

Top Bottom