• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

I-hate-u

I tried exploring everything I could. Don't know how I could of missed that. What about the other gate up ahead? It's a shortcut.

I did a couple of chalice dungeons but I stopped since it was getting sort of boring and I wanted to focus on the main game. I stopped after I got that bone armor.
There is a path early in the forbidden woods that leads back to the locked gate near the Clinic

The snow area is pretty awesome, and has One of the hardest bosses in the game.

gunbo13

Sucks your thread got locked BruceLeeRoy. :-( I enjoyed reading your experience with From's games.
I'm not sure how it was frowned upon. Lame that it got locked for whatever reason.

EDIT:
I also don't appreciate the disrespect of BB fans not "taking a day off." I am busy as hell and try to cram in time when I can. I also like to discuss the game as it is my favorite since Valkyria Chronicles in 2008. Very shameful, generalizing, and unfortunate behavior.

Feindflug

Defiled Amygdala finally down. Feels like a huge weight has lifted off my shoulders! :)

Killed Amy too yesterday and I think that it took longer for me to beat her than Defiled Watchdog, maybe because I found her much less interesting and fun to fight against but that's what I felt.

Also got Reiterpallasch at +9 yesterday after almost an hour of farming chunks at Upper Cathedral (From must do something about the scarcity/rarity of chunks AND dungeon materials) and it's a really cool weapon. Today I'll try the Great Pthumeru Ihyll dungeon, curious and excited to see the bosses in there.

ugh, of course there's no one playing Martyr Logarious fight :E he oneshots me with that superball and constantly fires off skulls instead of doing melee attacks. Should have taken care of this in normal game instead of NG+......

myco666

Defiled Amygdala finally down. Feels like a huge weight has lifted off my shoulders! :)

If you are going for the trophy the worst is over. Next bosses should be way easier than the last two defiled bosses.

ugh, of course there's no one playing Martyr Logarious fight :E he oneshots me with that superball and constantly fires off skulls instead of doing melee attacks. Should have taken care of this in normal game instead of NG+......

What level you are at? Could possibly help you if my levels aren't too high.

Well that sucked.
I have no idea where that came from.

Sucks your thread got locked BruceLeeRoy. :-( I enjoyed reading your experience with From's games.

Thanks man, I can't for the life of me understand why it got locked. I PM'ed Modbot as this is the second time he is locked a thread of mine but im sure I won't get any clarification. Guy must just not like me for some reason.

I-hate-u

Well that sucked.

Thanks man, I can't for the life of me understand why it got locked. I PM'ed Modbot as this is the second time he is locked a thread of mine but im sure I won't get any clarification. Guy must just not like me for some reason.

He might have feared/predicted the inevitable A team vs B team debate.

Duffman

Well that sucked.

Sucks that it got locked. :( It was a great read.

i think it was seen as an advertisement thread of bloodborne and to compete with the OT.

rename it to From Software Retrospective or something and you should be fine?

ryuken-d

The spoiler tags in this thread are hilarious. I don't get it. How is it spoilerish telling people that there is a boss named <insert boss name here>? There story in this game is so insignificant, I just find it funny.

"Oh my god you spoiled that there is a boss named Bloodletting Beast! Game ruined".

I mean if there were a thread for a very story heavy game like uncharted or mass effect then yes.

Oh well whatever.

Just curious, what is the best (or most frustrating) example of when the game cheeses you? For me it would be when I was taking on 3 hunters and I was trying to run from them and I got to a switch that I needed to flip. I tried to flip it but someone left a message right next to it and I accidently activated that and got totally thrashed. Was not happy.

yeah I know, the weirdest part for me was someone getting real serious about how the new loading screen spoils the whole game by letting you see items you haven't found yet in game. for serious

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm a bit surprised by something that just happened. I'm on NG+, playing quite leisurely, and I just killed Vicar Amelia. After that, I went down right to where the big monster is on the wall (Amygdala?) but obviously I couldn't see it yet as I hadn't killed Rom. Well I got caught in the telephone attack thing it does, and a little cutscene played with some guy saying to go easy on me. Screen goes black and I wake up in the school place with the jelly monsters.

What's thrown me is that if I did this on my first play through I would have been totally overwhelmed by these monsters. I just best them and went to Nightmare Frontier, and I just feel so underpowered. Doesn't seem right that the game sends you there this early. Haven't even been to the Forbidden Forest and stuff.

What's thrown me is that if I did this on my first play through I would have been totally overwhelmed by these monsters. I just best them and went to Nightmare Frontier, and I just feel so underpowered. Doesn't seem right that the game sends you there this early. Haven't even been to the Forbidden Forest and stuff.

well they do give you an instant lamp post out of there, and the jellystudents are not That hard :p Nightmare Frontier on the other hand is very hard at first as the white beasts can be relentless and theres poison everywhere.

gunbo13

The spoiler tags in this thread are hilarious. I don't get it. How is it spoilerish telling people that there is a boss named <insert boss name here>? There story in this game is so insignificant, I just find it funny.

Just curious, what is the best (or most frustrating) example of when the game cheeses you? For me it would be when I was taking on 3 hunters and I was trying to run from them and I got to a switch that I needed to flip. I tried to flip it but someone left a message right next to it and I accidently activated that and got totally thrashed. Was not happy.
You spoiler stuff cause people do care and will quote you to speak up against. I would assume the mass majority of people who spoiler tag stuff don't care but that's not really the point.

Worst game behavior was the chalice dungeon fight against Amygdala. I had her down to 5% health, then the game glitched. She missed me on a swipe but instead of taking damage, I went on a floating ride to the wall, where I was then stuck. She killed me with one hit after that. I wasn't pleased.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Can anyone explain to me what "add physical" means on gems? I don't get it.

Does this actually raise your attack stat at all? 'cause it doesn't seem like it...

gunbo13

Does this actually raise your attack stat at all? 'cause it doesn't seem like it...
It just adds damage by a flat rate. +28 would be 28 more damage. This is opposed to by %, which has a much larger gain.

ryuken-d

yes but the % increases are better, usually. the add physical just adds that specific amount. +5 +10 whatever. My favorite was the "against open foes" I was like wtf?!

*beat :)

Kalnos

Banned
There's a fine line between really enjoying a game and viral marketing and I think that's why your thread was locked, Bruce.

Korosenai

I just had some epic moments with coop earlier. I haven't tried coop since the first week the game came out, so I figured i'd give it a shot in ng++. Rang the beckoning bell, and found two people and we destroyed everything in our patch and beat the Cleric Beast. Rang again after that, found two more people, and we destroyed everything in our path and beat Father Gascoigne.

I haven't had this much fun with the game in a long time.

myco666

I just had some epic moments with coop earlier. I haven't tried coop since the first week the game came out, so I figured i'd give it a shot in ng++. Rang the beckoning bell, and found two people and we destroyed everything in our patch and beat the Cleric Beast. Rang again after that, found two more people, and we destroyed everything in our path and beat Father Gascoigne.

I haven't had this much fun with the game in a long time.

Coop is super fun if you find players that are fun to play with. I've had couple of times when the host was complete idiot and that wasn't really fun at all.

Oppo

I just killed the Beggar NPC. Started fighting his transformation with Blades of Mercy, poison proc'd in 4 hits. Took 1/3 of his life. I had no idea of his weakness either. I just kited him as he slowly died.

wait, poison? how did you do that?

I killed that dude when I realized he had ... done something bad, but I use BoM and didn't know it could poison?

I've done absolutely nothin online yet. wanted to see if I could beat the game in the dark, by myself. next run will be online for sure. it's such a great game man.

Just sent a message to you.

nailed it on our second try! just had to play it a little more careful :) Thanks again for the help, i was running out of bullets and did not want to go back to grinding some money :D

(and yeah, easy being sarcasm)

now i just need to get Ebrietas and Moon Precense, the other two bosses i missed on my normal run...

myco666

wait, poison? how did you do that?

I killed that dude when I realized he had ... done something bad, but I use BoM and didn't know it could poison?

I've done absolutely nothin online yet. wanted to see if I could beat the game in the dark, by myself. next run will be online for sure. it's such a great game man.

You can put gems that add poison to every weapon. Really useful for Skill weapons.

nailed it on our second try! just had to play it a little more careful :) Thanks again for the help, i was running out of bullets and did not want to go back to grinding some money :D

(and yeah, easy being sarcasm)

now i just need to get Ebrietas and Moon Precense, the other two bosses i missed on my normal run...

He hits a ton in NG+ with those arcane spells. Had fun helping.

Atleast the latter of those is rather easy. Ebrietas seems to be a pain in the ass for lot of people. If you have Cannon you should definitely use it against her.

gunbo13

I didn't accuse him of anything. I'm saying that it was completely over-the-top and I can see how one would feel that way when reading it.
He just used the wrong thread title. Should have been "Bloodborne has ruined gaming for me." Then it would be fine.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
It just adds damage by a flat rate. +28 would be 28 more damage. This is opposed to by %, which has a much larger gain.
I'm still confused... Why is it showing red instead of blue when I equip them? Is there some hidden boost going on here?

I've never had a add physical gem that EVER turned my stats positive blue. Always negative red.

He hits a ton in NG+ with those arcane spells. Had fun helping.

Atleast the latter of those is rather easy. Ebrietas seems to be a pain in the ass for lot of people. If you have Cannon you should definitely use it against her.

yup, hate spells :p

And yes, i have a +7 Cannon so far and i'm just leveling up my bloodtinge...

Naite

Having so much fun with my stake driver in co-op sessions lately (even though it's my primary weapon anyways). Against the Descendant, I had a host that would keep stunning the guy with bullets while I get behind them and do a fully charged pilebunker and then a visceral. Then in a 3 player session with Ebrietas, the host would draw him from the front while me and another guy would run up its tail for charged pilebunker attacks. She went down in about a minute.

the only thing that made
ebrietas
hard for me is the
laser attack
. if i didn't notice it being prepped or couldn't get out of the way, that's a one hit kill and a total wash. Once i just got my head on straight and learned to watch for it, that was the time i defeated her.

myco666

yup, hate spells :p

And yes, i have a +7 Cannon so far and i'm just leveling up my bloodtinge...

If you are leveling Bloodtinge for the Cannon I would advise you to stop since the damage boost isn't really worth it since it has only D scaling. If you are leveling it for other weapon then sure keep going.

I'm still confused... Why is it showing red instead of blue when I equip them? Is there some hidden boost going on here?

I've never had a add physical gem that EVER turned my stats positive blue. Always negative red.

There really isn't anything hidden. Adding flat amount of damage sucks compared to getting % based boost. Flat damage boost is only for weapons that have low damage output.

the only thing that made
ebrietas
hard for me is the
laser attack
. if i didn't notice it being prepped or couldn't get out of the way, that's a one hit kill and a total wash. Once i just got my head on straight and learned to watch for it, that was the time i defeated her.
I personally thought the fast charge move was a lot more difficult to deal with.

If you are leveling Bloodtinge for the Cannon I would advise you to stop since the damage boost isn't really worth it since it has only D scaling. If you are leveling it for other weapon then sure keep going.

Guh? Goddamn game with it's random descriptions and nonconsistent rules! :D

Guess i'll stop then, wasn't planning on using Evelyn either.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

blackflag

Do I have to do all of the chalice stuff to get the last achievement for the final boss in there? I just did the first one and obviously at level 80 it is a joke. Is it possible to skip these? Not really sure how it all works.

myco666

Do I have to do all of the chalice stuff to get the last achievement for the final boss in there? I just did the first one and obviously at level 80 it is a joke. Is it possible to skip these? Not really sure how it all works.

You need to go through all five Pthumerian Chalices. You need stuff from Ailing Loran Chalice and Great Isz Chalice to get to the last two Pthumerian Chalices. You can't skip any of these if you want the trophy. Except may Isz if you go through NG+ up to Lecture Building.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Can somebody explain to me how the letter scaling works, here is my current build it it helps:

Vitality - 27
Endurance - 27
Strength - 29
Skill - 29
Bloodtinge - 8
Arcane - 10

I pretty much exclusively use Ludwigs upgraded to 8.

Yall will tell me I'm "overleveled" to take on Cainhurst, but I still get my ass handed to me in boss fights and by those damn hunters. I have to resort to cheesing to kill most hunters.

myco666

Can somebody explain to me how the letter scaling works, here is my current build it it helps:

Vitality - 27
Endurance - 27
Strength - 29
Skill - 29
Bloodtinge - 8
Arcane - 10

I pretty much exclusively use Ludwigs upgraded to 8.

Yall will tell me I'm "overleveled" to take on Cainhurst, but I still get my ass handed to me in boss fights and by those damn hunters. I have to resort to cheesing to kill most hunters.

You actually have really good build for LHB. LHB has B scaling for Strength and Skill meaning you get decent damage boost from those attributes. I don't know the exact numbers how to calculate it though. So the better the letter (S,A,B,C,D,E S being the best and E the worst) the bigger damage boost you get from your attributes.

edit. LHB also has A scaling in Arcane but if you make that weapon arcane weapon you will lose the physical damage from it so it is not worth it.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
You actually have really good build for LHB. LHB has B scaling for Strength and Skill meaning you get decent damage boost from those attributes. I don't know the exact numbers how to calculate it though. So the better the letter (S,A,B,C,D,E S being the best and E the worst) the bigger damage boost you get from your attributes.

Other weapons I have and use are tonitrus, mercy blades (don't like them so far) and saw cleaver. I have t used the saw cleaver in a while though. I just get really attached to the Ludwigs.

spliced

Finally found the cave in the woods. I spent all this time looking in the
second section
and then when I do find it I realize I found it before but forgot about it. Going to
Iosefka's Clinic
seems like a
pure lore
area since there was
nothing the least bit threatening past the poison water.

Cainhurst
had a great feel going into in but the enemies there are so annoying I was glad to be done with it. Me and
Logarius
went toe to toe and I just made it out by the skin of my teeth, I used all my vials and had about 100-200 health left when I got the last 2 shots in to win the fight. Timing wise he seems like the easiest boss to visceral in the game, but the fight is like the 4th of July with all the stuff he's casting.

It seems like you can go to
Cainhurst
pretty early if you want, but seeing as there are chunks there it seems to be meant as a later area. I can't remember how many chunks I got but I'm pretty sure it was at least 3 so you could fortify once, plus those weapons it has might be nice to get early if they are any good.

The burial blade is totally useless. You can only get it in NG + and it does not much damage until you have bloodstone chunks (so...late game ng+)...what a joke.

Top Bottom