• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

gunbo13

Finally found the cave in the woods. I spent all this time looking in the
second section
and then when I do find it I realize I found it before but forgot about it. Going to
Iosefka's Clinic
seems like a
pure lore
area since there was
nothing the least bit threatening past the poison water.
The clinic exists to store a cord and have the second location for NPC quests. It's not game critical and you can still easily get 3 cords without it.
The burial blade is totally useless. You can only get it in NG + and it does not much damage until you have bloodstone chunks (so...late game ng+)...what a joke.
You farm the chunks before NG+. That's what I did. You need 16.

And the Burial Blade is kickass.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Anyone got tips for the
Bloodletting Beast
it's his V2 form in the Great Ptheumarian Chalice. I get him down to half his health fairly easily... Then everything goes to shit once you know what pops up.

There really isn't anything hidden. Adding flat amount of damage sucks compared to getting % based boost. Flat damage boost is only for weapons that have low damage output.
ah, I see, thank you

myco666

Other weapons I have and use are tonitrus, mercy blades (don't like them so far) and saw cleaver. I have t used the saw cleaver in a while though. I just get really attached to the Ludwigs.

Tonitrus and Saw Cleaver should be good for that build too unless I remember their scaling wrong. LHB is really great. The slowness of it sucks at times though.

The burial blade is totally useless. You can only get it in NG + and it does not much damage until you have bloodstone chunks (so...late game ng+)...what a joke.

You could have saved some chunks to upgrade it though. It sucks in the first playthrough sure since you don't know that you will get it. It isn't useless though.

gunbo13

Anyone got tips for the
Bloodletting Beast
it's his V2 form in the Great Ptheumarian Chalice. I get him down to half his health fairly easily... Then everything goes to shit once you know what pops up.
For v2, don't use lock-on (same for v1) or square up to him. Keeping rolling at his legs and attack. Pop vials if he catches you with his turn around stuff, etc...

Korosenai

I'm not sure how it was frowned upon. Lame that it got locked for whatever reason.

EDIT:
I also don't appreciate the disrespect of BB fans not "taking a day off." I am busy as hell and try to cram in time when I can. I also like to discuss the game as it is my favorite since Valkyria Chronicles in 2008. Very shameful, generalizing, and unfortunate behavior.

Yeah seriously. It came off as super condescending, not sure what was up with that.

Any tips for killing the Abhorrent Beast in the Loran dungeon. I can't do anything with this guy.
I fought him with a bloodtinge build and I honestly couldn't find a good way to get a hit in with my chikage without taking some damage in return. In the end I ended up beating him purely from range with my evelyn, with the help of some bone marrow ash.

Artex

Banned
MRW I'm on my way to fight Rom after dying ten straight times

YpEmVwW.gif

haha, i think i'll call it a night, my +8 Cannon does miniscule damage to Ebrietas and does not stun her at all :E

need to try that fight later with a more honest approach i guess.

blackflag

You need to go through all five Pthumerian Chalices. You need stuff from Ailing Loran Chalice and Great Isz Chalice to get to the last two Pthumerian Chalices. You can't skip any of these if you want the trophy. Except may Isz if you go through NG+ up to Lecture Building.

Ok thanks! Will proceed tonight.

myco666

haha, i think i'll call it a night, my +8 Cannon does miniscule damage to Ebrietas and does not stun her at all :E

need to try that fight later with a more honest approach i guess.

Get some Bone Marrow Ash and shoot her face. Should do wonders.

MRW I'm on my way to fight Rom after dying ten straight times

YpEmVwW.gif

lol

IMO you should be able to do sick flips when jumping into the lake.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Well that sucked.
I have no idea where that came from.

Thanks man, I can't for the life of me understand why it got locked.
I just found the thread and yeah I don't get it. Your OP was a good read, and it had sparked a decent discussion. I mean if the Modbot said it was too redundant with other BB threads, then okay, I can understand that, but the snarky locking post is just kind of WTF on a video game forum. Oh well.

zma1013

You need to go through all five Pthumerian Chalices. You need stuff from Ailing Loran Chalice and Great Isz Chalice to get to the last two Pthumerian Chalices. You can't skip any of these if you want the trophy. Except may Isz if you go through NG+ up to Lecture Building.

I never did Great Isz Chalice and I got the plat. I never farmed for materials either, I just simply did every single side area in all the required dungeons and fully explored them and got all the materials from the actual main game. Never had to repeat a dungeon for materials.

Toxi

Banned
Any tips for killing the Abhorrent Beast in the Loran dungeon. I can't do anything with this guy.
Stay close and dodge left and forward to get off a few quick attacks. The only attack that hits behind him is the backhand, and that has a very obvious wind-up animation, so quickstep or back step to dodge that after you get a few hits. Rinse and repeat.

myco666

I never did Great Isz Chalice and I got the plat. I never farmed for materials either, I just simply did every single side area in all the required dungeons and fully explored them and got all the materials from the actual main game. Never had to repeat a dungeon for materials.

You aren't supposed to get Red Jelly anywhere else than Lecture Building, Great Isz and that one other Chalice. Did you go through NG+ again before doing the Chalices?

oh of course i used BMA and aimed at the face, that was the result :p

Hmm.. it should do decent damage and open her up for visceral after few shots.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
You can buy Red Jelly from the insight bath too. But before that, you can get 2 from Lecture Building and 2 from Lower Loran. No need to even go to Isz.

I can't understand why people needed to farm for materials. I never did.

myco666

You can buy Red Jelly from the insight bath too. But before that, you can get 2 from Lecture Building and 2 from Lower Loran. No need to even go to Isz.

I can't understand why people needed to farm for materials. I never did.

When the Red Jelly opens in the shop? I would rather go Isz than Lower Loran since Isz is much easier.

I had to farm for materials few times even if I had explored the dungeons properly and killed every enemy. Usually I was just one or two away from what I needed.

edit. Just checked that you can buy it after creating Ihyll dungeon so can't be bought before the dungeon you need it for.

So 30 minutes until you get to Mensis.

I was more devastated by the fact that I could've gotten it in NG+. I managed to semi-speedrun to it though the boss fights were a bit more stressful than usual on NG++

Got the dungeon now. I threw away too many radial tempering gems so I'm glad I was able to get some new gems in their place.

Also, I "noped" after a few attempts at the hunter
in the Grand Cathedral. I swear his build is legit PVP viable while still having inflated boss stats.

zma1013

You aren't supposed to get Red Jelly anywhere else than Lecture Building, Great Isz and that one other Chalice. Did you go through NG+ again before doing the Chalices?

Hmm.. it should do decent damage and open her up for visceral after few shots.

I was doing the dungeons off and on as I played through the game and I was well into NG+ before I opened the final dungeon.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
At the Chalice version of R
om the Vacuous
now. Bit tougher since
you have less space to maneuver. In story mode I just continuously strafed her, but I guess I need to take out the minions first this time around.

I don't think the moveset is too hot, either. The 1H is especially awkward.

I actually find the 1H moveset very good. It swings in such an angling arc it actually tags enemies trying to crowd you.

It also smoothly chains to R1 after a jump attack, so you can use Jumping R2 as a combo starter.

I would say that the 1H moveset is actually better than its 2H moveset (except when you want to use charged R2).

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Just SLAUGHTERED BLB v2. I can taste that platinum.... I fucking taste it...

Thank the Gods for Bone marrow Ash!

For v2, don't use lock-on (same for v1) or square up to him. Keeping rolling at his legs and attack. Pop vials if he catches you with his turn around stuff, etc...
Thanks for the help.

Jawmuncher

The Online is down for maintenance right now isnt it.
I've lost like 4 insight because of losing connection to the network. Despite there being no issues on my end.
Another reason I really don't like the bell system.

The Online is down for maintenance right now isnt it.
I've lost like 4 insight because of losing connection to the network. Despite there being no issues on my end.
Another reason I really don't like the bell system.

To be fair less insight is actually a good thing (unless you want to challenge harder AI).

Actually I don't even know if it's true boss AI gets harder with more insight, anyone have any proof?

burgerdog

To be fair less insight is actually a good thing (unless you want to challenge harder AI).

Actually I don't even know if it's true boss AI gets harder with more insight, anyone have any proof?

I doubt bosses change with insight. Or that enemies get additional attacks. Shit, to be honest, the only difference I know of is the pale dudes getting their weapons buffed.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I just got cheesed by Martyr Longarious. He planted his sword in the ground and somehow it glitches such that I couldn't destroy it. While I am trying to destory it, he knocks me off the roof.

I'm not mad. It was funny and I was actually doing pretty well in the fight since it was my first time fighting him.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Nuh-huh. It's amazing in NG+ and NG++ and later Chalice Dungeons, and its damage is quite strong. The 2h regain is insane, almost never used vials during boss fights because of it.

BSB in NG+ is probably one of the hardest boss fights ever. Fuck that poison.

Nuh-huh. It's amazing in NG+ and NG++ and later Chalice Dungeons, and its damage is quite strong. The 2h regain is insane, almost never used vials during boss fights because of it.

This weapon is amazing. But I hate it that you have to wait until the end of the game in NG+ to level it >6.

gunbo13

BSB in NG+ is probably one of the hardest boss fights ever. Fuck that poison.
He is a dough eyed puppy compared to pthumeru.
This weapon is amazing. But I hate it that you have to wait until the end of the game in NG+ to level it >6.
I can't argue with that. There are two ways to go against that thought, you can get the burial blade before NG+, and you can have 16 blood chunks stored up. But it's not a great argument cause you likely have to hear about either of those tips online. I personally checked the weapons wiki so prepared 16 chunks. I don't consider that a real spoiler.

It would be another thing if it isn't awesome, which is not the case here, it is. So yea, YMMV based on a little luck and snooping.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Damn, it's frustrating to suck at this. Ugh, why in the heck can I not avoid getting happy fingers and using up all my stamina. I swear that leads to more assrapings than anything.

When it comes to evading I am just hopeless. I always seem to do it in the wrong direction and get hit.

It's just so frustrating, because you know what you need to do to win...

ThatManTy

Neo Member
TOR, and Amy are 2 of the easiest bosses so far, besides VA and the Witches. I haven't tried chalice lower than 2, but the hardest in game boss for me would be DBP.

Also fought like 5 dif hunters in my recent session, had no idea there were so many in the world. Finally killed those 3 fuckers, and then fought 2 more in NF.

Also the NF in general was a pretty cool looking area.

Seems like I' coming towards the end of the game. Still haven't played in online mode since the very beginning of the game.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
What a fucking surprise....the beckoning bell can't locate another player to help.

EDIT: well right after I posted this someone came and we got Longarious.

Late Flag

Anyone got tips for the
Bloodletting Beast

Blue Elixir. When he gets to his second form, pop one try to get under him. He'll often completely lose track of you and just stand there while you flail away on his legs. You may need a second dose depending on your DPS and stamina.

This doesn't work all the time -- he still killed me the first time I tried this. But he was a complete joke the second time when he couldn't figure out where I went.

benjammin

Well I finally beat the story, and what an awesome ride. I love how everything kept building and building until the end.
Gehrman
was an epic boss fight. The setting and the fight mechanics were awesome. Ended up killing him with 3 vials and 2 bullets left, but still managed to
kill the Moon Presence
afterwards. He was kind of a letdown since he looked much scarier than he actually was.

Not sure I'll go too far through NG+. I wish I could hop on to do some coop and help people out with some of the later bosses, but I guess I can always load up a backed up save if I want to do that. Anyway, easily my game of the generation so far and it'll be tough for anything to displace it. I can't wait for some DLC!

Anyone know where I could find high level bloodtinge gems (level 10+) ?

I never came across a single one after three playthroughs. I only got a bunch of level 10s.

Fuck BSB. Killed me three times. Twice with
Alfred's help
. :/ Fuck this, I'll just buy that emblem and come back for him later.

Hate that poison.

Level 31(I think) by the way.

Top Bottom