• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Chalice dungeons. Specifically depth 5 chalices.

Cheers. Looking for a gem that would be worthy of Evelyn's greatness.

Fuck BSB. Killed me three times. Twice with
Alfred's help
. :/ Fuck this, I'll just buy that emblem and come back for him later.

Hate that poison.

Level 31(I think) by the way.

I had no idea how to handle this boss until I learned to do visceral attacks properly. Once you remember its attack pattern, it's pretty easy to bring it down using V.ATKS only.

Poison is indeed annoying as fuck though.

SaitoH

Platinum get!

2sTGRFul.jpg

My fight with the P
thumerian
Q
ueen
:

https://youtu.be/uoGxdUqH480

I'm sure I could of done better, but I didn't know what to expect; pretty fun fight though.

Are you using fire paper and/or molotovs?
I was, yeah. At least during the third fight. I could barely hit it since it was so fast. :/
I even tried the Flamesprayer+2 and it didn't even seem to scratch it.

I had no idea how to handle this boss until I learned to do visceral attacks properly. Once you remember its attack pattern, it's pretty easy to bring it down using V.ATKS only.

Poison is indeed annoying as fuck though.
I was only able to get about one or two visceral attacks from parrying it, but after its third(second?), the seeping poison just brings me down if I get too close.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I'VE FUCKING DONE IT! PLATINUM OBTAINED!

:D :D :D

First platinum EVER btw. Feels good. Feels damn good.

A big FUCK YOU to The
watch Dog of the Old Lords
. This motherfucker almost made me lose hope on getting this shit. But I decided to go into NG+ and boost up my Scythe and see if that would do a better job than my Chikage.. it did (dat 2 handed L2 attack doe!) <3

And
Queen Yharnham was awesome!
Took me 3 tries to get her. Much like the
Shadows of Yharnham
she was not difficult, but very fun. Easily one of my top 3 favorite boss' in the game.

So, yeah, Bloodborne is fucking awesome. I dare to say it may even crack my top 10 all time list...

Platinum get!

2sTGRFul.jpg

My fight with the P
thumerian
Q
ueen
:

https://youtu.be/uoGxdUqH480

I'm sure I could of done better, but I didn't know what to expect; pretty fun fight though.

Fatal Error

Neo Member
well...

and there was a hunter behind me, and there is another hunter upstairs on the left and a third one behind them.

loved the diversity and weird things on this dungeon,

there is a lost saw cleaver and a lost saw spear in it, and 10% fire resistance rune too.
Rotted Lower Pthumerian
glyph: 2ks885we

Korosenai

So how does the makeshift altar work regarding coop and chalice dungeons? I'm working on the lower hinter tomb dungeon now to get it, but i'm just wondering in advance how it works.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Found a white woman with a cane in a Chalice Dungeon. What do they do? Don't seem agressive. Posting as I stand beside it.

I was, yeah. At least during the third fight. I could barely hit it since it was so fast. :/
I even tried the Flamesprayer+2 and it didn't even seem to scratch it.

I was only able to get about one or two visceral attacks from parrying it, but after its third(second?), the seeping poison just brings me down if I get too close.

I don't remember which armor sets you've got available at your level, but did you make sure to equip the one that has the highest slow poison res possible ?

Did you stock up on antidotes too ?

You've also got the option to progress further int the story to get better gear since you can tackle this boss anytime you want.

I want to beat the final bosses, but I feel like I should farm some chunks/bloodstone shards first before my playthrough and I really really don't wanna. I hate farming.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Screenshot (doesn't seem to be on the Fextralife wiki). Not aggressive, but it follows me around.

ikYK95n3PpK38.jpg

I don't remember which armor sets you've got available at your level, but did you make sure to equip the one that has the highest slow poison res possible ?

Did you stock up on antidotes too ?

You've also got the option to progress further int the story to get better gear since you can tackle this boss anytime you want.
Haven't gotten past Old Yharnam yet. Need the emblem. So the only armor sets I have are: Hunter, Yharnam, Charred, and whatever it is you start with.

And yeah, I had about 10 antidotes. In hindsight, that wasn't nearly enough.

Giever

I want to beat the final bosses, but I feel like I should farm some chunks/bloodstone shards first before my playthrough and I really really don't wanna. I hate farming.

Just don't, then? NG+ will be more fun & challenging without all of the extra fortifying material anyway, probably.

Neoweee

Just don't, then? NG+ will be more fun & challenging without all of the extra fortifying material anyway, probably.

I'd still recommend doing stuff at the end of NG, especially getting an important Chalice reagent. It is best to fight the NG versions of the bonus, non-chalice bosses first, as well.

Zee-Row

Banned
I can't beat the watch dog of old lords in the defiled chalice. He one shots me everytime I get his life half down. Can anybody in the level 167 range help me?

Neoweee

I can't beat the watch dog of old lords in the defiled chalice. He one shots me everytime I get his life half down. Can anybody in the level 167 range help me?

How much Vitality do you have? What Runes are you using? Are you using the Bone Ash armor set?

hitgirl

Looking for build suggestions. Starting Ng + and chalice dungeons and play trophy. I used the kirkhammer the whole game and my stats are vit 30, end 40, and str 40. Should I just keep leveling them up for ng+? My first characters are always str build.

Last time I tried to help someone, the adorable puppy did a teleported charged attack and I was dead :lol he tends to give a big sign when he does the charge attack, be ready for it!

Yup thats what I did. Worked flawlessly.

Hey bruce I saw ya posting earlier about unused doors/elevators. Did you ever ask about the one in
that's right by the Mergos' loft middle lamp?
It's right next to that other elevator that's connected where one goes up, the other goes down.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Amygdala is such a funny boss. I think it is probably the 1st boss where *standing still* is actually a good, viable tactic.

I'm talking when it jumps. Just stand still and it won't hit you during landing. Pretty funny. Or maybe I was just being very lucky.

I only have one of those runes that only gives you 5% hp

The 10% one is in Nightmare Frontier and it's very easy to get. It's in the cave to the left on the spot where Patches pushed you (there's a boulder Giant facing the other way).

Velikost

I've been searching around online but haven't found any conclusive answer:

Anyone know the deal with Eileen the Crow? I've spoken to her before in my game (twice), but I wasn't aware of her quest line after I spoke to her outside the Cathedral ward. I've fought at least a couple bosses since I last spoke to her (but not
Rom
), and she's nowhere to be found. Will she ever reappear? I've seen there is an issue with her questline and performing co-op, but I've never played anything but single player

Grexeno

Anyone know the deal with Eileen the Crow? I've spoken to her before in my game (twice), but I wasn't aware of her quest line after I spoke to her outside the Cathedral ward. I've fought at least a couple bosses since I last spoke to her (but not
Rom
), and she's nowhere to be found. Will she ever reappear? I've seen there is an issue with her questline and performing co-op, but I've never played anything but single player
Make sure she isn't at Tomb of Oedon, like Laughing Banana says below me that I forgot.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Rom

Have you fought Henryk together with her on the Oedon Tomb after the chat in Cathedral Ward? It's part of her sidequest.

Once you completed that (with Eileen surviving, of course <Henryk is weak against poison knives, the 12 pieces that you found towards the area where Arianna's house is located is more than enough>), proceed ahead to beat Byrgenwyth and then go to the Grand Cathedral.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I had the same problem. The lamp for Oedon Tomb was not working, yet she wouldn't show up. Some have speculated that entering Forbidden Woods "breaks" the questline and she'll only re-appear
, hostile, at Grand Cathedral after killing Rom
. It might be true, because in my game I met her outside of Cathedral Ward and she warned me about Oedon Tomb, but then I entered Forbidden Woods, and later went to Oedon Tomb and she never showed up and neither did Henryk...

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
No. I know what the questline is, but she's just gone. No Henryk either.

I had this happened on my very 1st character; she's gone for good. I think there's a certain time limit before she and Henryk entirely disappears from your game if don't fight him immediately with her as soon as you are able.

It sucked. Next time just immediately fight Henryk as soon as you talked to her about him hanging about the Oedon Tomb (you can visit the Dream to prepare)

hitgirl

Is there a good guide that sort of roadmaps missable stuff? Doing a NG+ playthrough and want to see some stuff I missed.

I had the same problem. The lamp for Oedon Tomb was not working, yet she wouldn't show up. Some have speculated that entering Forbidden Woods "breaks" the questline and she'll only re-appear
. It might be true, because in my game I met her outside of Cathedral Ward and she warned me about Oedon Tomb, but then I entered Forbidden Woods, and later went to Oedon Tomb and she never showed up and neither did Henryk...
That's What the guide says as well. Once you enter the forbidden woods you can no longer finish her quest.

Velikost

Word, I just hope she still shows up after that fight, even if she does appear hostile. I'm trying to get the Platinum without having to resort to NG+

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Is there a good guide that sort of roadmaps missable stuff? Doing a NG+ playthrough and want to see some stuff I missed.

Off the top of my head:

Gascoigne's daughter's ribbon.
Various runes you can get from killing NPCs (like the Oedon Chapel's guardian)
The badges you can get from Alfred or Eileen and the Cainhurst queen (well, the latter is not really missable unless you're like, really stupid, hahaha)
Numerous gestures like Shhhhhh or Roar.

I think other than those nothing is really permanently missable in a single playthrough...

Damn I'm using ludwigs sword. I don't think I'll have that range advantage.

i applied a similar method using ludwig's and i beat it quite easily. i spent 10+ tries trying to dodge to his left or right based on the attack and it worked for the most part, but i was too close and constantly got hit by other attacks and the AOE. once i employed this method of staying in front of him, i beat him within a couple of tries

Cursed Watchdog/Amy are kinda easy compared to some other stuff. Everything they do is easy to dodge. Really hated Ihyll BLB and Izs Ebrietas. Also Abhorrent Beast, ugh.

Evelyn is stupid enough, even without good gems.
Evelyn user here

Zee-Row

Banned
i applied a similar method using ludwig's and i beat it quite easily. i spent 10+ tries trying to dodge to his left or right based on the attack and it worked for the most part, but i was too close and constantly got hit by other attacks and the AOE. once i employed this method of staying in front of him, i beat him within a couple of tries
Damn I tried it and I almost had him. Had him at 25% almost there though!

Top Bottom