• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

CEWgcvJWIAAhM_F.jpg

My first Platinum EVER.
What a ride...

Clocked in at 82hrs. Umbasa!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Yeah I'm done with the game. PvP sucks even when it works. The risk/reward on guns and dodging is too stupid and the properties of those things seem so central to the balance of the game that I doubt they'll ever change it.

Healing I actually think isn't OP, but not because of heal parries. Heal parries are garbage against anyone remotely good.

Worst PvP in the series no question. The PvE is masterful though so I got more than my money's worth, just hella disappointed with PvP. There's no real depth beyond the surface level. It was fun for a bit, but it's really superficial.

Maybe I'll try again if they actually fix the servers proper and I can fight some damn gankers, because the servers are definitely still pretty fucked and 2v1s and 3v1s are pretty different from 1v1s.

Ugh, entering NG+ before getting all the Chalice trophies was a big mistake.

I'm too lazy to unlock all the main areas again, so after dying to Undead Giant 10+ times and wasting all my blood vials (that fucking BUFF, everything takes away 70%+ of my HP), I ran out of vials.

So I had to sell off some weapons I never use (Chikage being the most valuable among them) and finally beat him. This is just Lower Pthumeru...how am I going to get through the rest of these chalices without having to farm vials?

Ugh, I can already tell this is going to be the worst part of chalice dungeons. Would've been so much easier if I did all this shit before killing
Gehrman
and still had the Lecture Building or Nightmares to easily farm echoes.

Am I wrong in thinking that Blood Vials cost more in NG+, by the way? Because I don't remember them costing 900 echoes per...

I still can't get over losing ~12K blood echoes against BSB >.<
You'll look back at losing 12k echoes and laugh hysterically at how trivial that number actually turns out to be :p

neoism

I'm too lazy to unlock all the main areas again, so after dying to Undead Giant 10+ times and wasting all my blood vials (that fucking BUFF, everything takes away 70%+ of my HP), I ran out of vials.

So I had to sell off some weapons I never use (Chikage being the most valuable among them) and finally beat him. This is just Lower Pthumeru...how am I going to get through the rest of these chalices without having to farm vials?

Ugh, I can already tell this is going to be the worst part of chalice dungeons. Would've been so much easier if I did all this shit before killing
Gehrman

Am I wrong in thinking that Blood Vials cost more in NG+, by the way? Because I don't remember them costing 900 echoes per...

You'll look back at losing 12k echoes and laugh hysterically at how trivial that number actually turns out to be :p
Ahahaaa yeah I do think I've lost the least amount in BB though...and even with those amazing rings in DS2 I lost 7 million souls one time @_@ I was pissed though because I never stopped leveling in that game even though I inflated my SM soo high compared to my level I was SM 55 mil but only level 280 it was only about 20 levels at the time lol...

I never explored the
Hypogean Gaol
when I first got there and I'm wondering which doors were locked at the time.

Edit: Upon exploring I realise the basement wasn't as big as expected. Guess it was just the two doors upstairs that were closed.

squidyj

Gehrman

if you keep pushing through the chalice dungeons you should start seeing good echoes out of them, once you're into like depth 4 youll be able to get more out of the dungeons than anywhere else.

I've lost like.... 5-6 million on one char as I'm basically fully stocked on items and stopped leveling the character so they piled up as I ran a couple ihyll FRC dungeons.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
That's What the guide says as well. Once you enter the forbidden woods you can no longer finish her quest.

I had this happened on my very 1st character; she's gone for good. I think there's a certain time limit before she and Henryk entirely disappears from your game if don't fight him immediately with her as soon as you are able.

It sucked. Next time just immediately fight Henryk as soon as you talked to her about him hanging about the Oedon Tomb (you can visit the Dream to prepare)
I talkEd to her in Central Yharnam, but she never appeared in Cathedral Ward. I ended up beating Rom and she showed up hostile at Grand Cathedral. I had to put her down. She was a bitch to deal with.

I talkEd to her in Central Yharnam, but she never appeared in Cathedral Ward. I ended up beating Rom and she showed up hostile at Grand Cathedral. I had to put her down. She was a bitch to deal with.

the guy who is there at the end of her full questline was significantly harder to me

takriel

So in his 10 things you missed about Old Yharnam Vaati didn't even mention the secret building with the Rifle Spear and Charred Hunter set in it.

High quality standards you say?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

Have you not noticed how many more souls you get from killing anything in NG+ ? Its somethng like 8-10x over the first time around.

In NG+ you should never run short of vials as you should have echoes to burn after killing anything, anywhere in the main game.

myco666

most anoying boss in the rom, also in chalice :(

Chalice version is easier IMO since you can make the ice crystals hit pillars. Also try taking out all the spiders the yolo technique doesn't work that well in there.

Ehh.. no one apparently wants to help with Logarius or I am way too low on levels lol.

Ebolarama

Banned
Ok I'm running into a wall with these bastard singing brains! I've obviously stocked up sedatives (6 isn't really much of a stock but the only place I know to farm them is in the lecture hall against those students) and I have discovered that getting near them is instant death.

My questions are thus: I have no idea how to buff or increase my frenzy resistance, so is there anything I can do? I even used a +6 cannon from afar but they can take both shots (even with bone ash added) and when I go in for the kill I just can't hack them fast enough before frenzy kills me, and I'm using a +6 Ludwig, are there more effective weapons?

Am I doing it totally wrong or what? Any tips on how to fight the most annoying enemy in the game (thus far for me)?

Mendrox

Ok I'm running into a wall with these bastard singing brains! I've obviously stocked up sedatives (6 isn't really much of a stock but the only place I know to farm them is in the lecture hall against those students) and I have discovered that getting near them is instant death.

My questions are thus: I have no idea how to buff or increase my frenzy resistance, so is there anything I can do? I even used a +6 cannon from afar but they can take both shots (even with bone ash added) and when I go in for the kill I just can't hack them fast enough before frenzy kills me, and I'm using a +6 Ludwig, are there more effective weapons?

Am I doing it totally wrong or what? Any tips on how to fight the most annoying enemy in the game (thus far for me)?

The more insight you have, the faster you will get frenzied and die (also take damage).

myco666

Spend all your insight and get Graveguard set. Also frenzy resist runes if you have them. Try to get as close as possible to them without frenzy build up and start wacking. You could also just run through and everytime the frenzy build up is high use sedative.

Hey bruce I saw ya posting earlier about unused doors/elevators. Did you ever ask about the one in
that's right by the Mergos' loft middle lamp?
It's right next to that other elevator that's connected where one goes up, the other goes down.

Isn't that just the little cage that goes down ones you get to the top?

Frenzy will always do 70% of your max HP. Just make sure to be above 70% and you can take a frenzy hit and heal up.

RefigeKru

Banned
Downloaded this as soon as I hooked up my new PS4, couldn't help myself.

My first Souls game too and it's outstanding. I've been playing with headphones the entire way and the atmosphere is incredible along with he sense of exploration. Just beat the BSB after a long binge last night - got him on the first try as well.

This game has been scratching an itch I didn't even know I had.

myco666

Downloaded this as soon as I hooked up my new PS4, couldn't help myself.

My first Souls game too and it's outstanding. I've been playing with headphones the entire way and the atmosphere is incredible along with he sense of exploration. Just beat the BSB after a long binge last night - got him on the first try as well.

This game has been scratching an itch I didn't even know I had.

Playing with good headphones adds so much. Even areas that I've been through are terrifying with headphones.

Ebolarama

Banned
Frenzy will always do 70% of your max HP. Just make sure to be above 70% and you can take a frenzy hit and heal up.

The more insight you have, the faster you will get frenzied and die (also take damage).

Spend all your insight and get Graveguard set. Also frenzy resist runes if you have them. Try to get as close as possible to them without frenzy build up and start wacking. You could also just run through and everytime the frenzy build up is high use sedative.

Thanks for the tips. I have something around 90 insight and was afraid to spend it because I thought there was more crap to get the higher you got. Aside from the 10 that is required to see the insight bath shop, is there anything else to keep a stock of insight for?

Thanks for the tips. I have something around 90 insight and was afraid to spend it because I thought there was more crap to get the higher you got. Aside from the 10 that is required to see the insight bath shop, is there anything else to keep a stock of insight for?
Making despicable co-operators jealous.

mattp

:\
so i just picked up the
tiny tonitrus
and played a bit, then went to check its stats and it's not in my inventory anymore

edit: lol woops! its not a weapon, its a consumable.

fantomena

Finished up Bloodborne yesterday. Killed all bosses, got all
endings and gotten all trophies that doesn't require Chalices.

What an amazing game. But only thing that can bring me back now is DLC.

The chalice is kinda like a DLC with its unique enemies and strong versions of bosses and unique bosses not in the main quest.

myco666

This is true

This game should have message "Headphones recommended" like HM.

At 15 insight enemies and bosses get new moves and atleast one area gets additional enemies. Other than that I don't think there is any reason.

Chalice Dungeons have really cool bosses though. Highly recommend you to go for the trophy you get for beating last Pthumerian Chalice.

Ebolarama

Banned
At 15 insight enemies and bosses get new moves and atleast one area gets additional enemies. Other than that I don't think there is any reason.

Damn so it's actually harder with more insight? I'm not good enough to desire the punishment that some of you seem to crave. I guess I shouldn't get so scared of the brainsuckers in that case, considering Insight isn't as important as I thought it was.

myco666

Damn so it's actually harder with more insight? I'm not good enough to desire the punishment that some of you seem to crave. I guess I shouldn't get so scared of the brainsuckers in that case, considering Insight isn't as important as I thought it was.

Well not that much harder tbh. For example
enemies in Cathedral Ward get projectiles and weapon buffs and in Hemwick you get the Stalker enemies spawn in and in Micholash boss fight he gains ability to warp through mirrors.
Not sure about how many enemies actually change due to insight but atleast those I can confirm. The biggest problem with having bunch of insight is frenzy so if you are going to zone that has frenzy you should use most of it.

Ebolarama

Banned
Well not that much harder tbh. For example
enemies in Cathedral Ward get projectiles and weapon buffs and in Hemwick you get the Stalker enemies spawn in and in Micholash boss fight he gains ability to warp through mirrors.
Not sure about how many enemies actually change due to insight but atleast those I can confirm. The biggest problem with having bunch of insight is frenzy so if you are going to zone that has frenzy you should use most of it.

Thanks for the info. If you don't mind another question, what kind of preparations should I make for fighting Amygdala, or is that something I won't reach for a while (I'm just seeing my first singing brain in the Nightmare frontier)?

myco666

Thanks for the info. If you don't mind another question, what kind of preparations should I make for fighting Amygdala, or is that something I won't reach for a while (I'm just seeing my first singing brain in the Nightmare frontier)?

You are really close to that fight. Atleast if I am thinking the same place you are in lol. Since you have Cannon you should buff it with BMA and shoot her face. You will probably get visceral attack after one shot. Her face and arms are the weak parts so you should try to hit those with melee. Try to bait out moves that have long cooldown so that you can deal bunch of damage with minimal risk. You can also use BMA + Cannon combo for the last phase when she goes berserk to finish her off.

Hawkie

Picked up the platinum yesterday afternoon. Hadn't played any of the Souls series since completing Demon's Souls back in July 2009. Great games and great memories.

Robiin

Any quick tips for The One Reborn. I have access to Blade of Mercy +7 or Ludwigs +7, think I'm at 28 vit, 26 skill and 16 strength (base for Ludwigs). I also have 17 arcane and access to a few magic items.

I have gotten him down to maybe 25% of his HP, but he stomps all over me (literally) and I use so many Vials each attempt...
I know about the
bell maidens on the balcony

Greddleok

Any quick tips for The One Reborn. I have access to Blade of Mercy +7 or Ludwigs +7, think I'm at 28 vit, 26 skill and 16 strength (base for Ludwigs). I also have 17 arcane and access to a few magic items.

I have gotten him down to maybe 25% of his HP, but he stomps all over me (literally) and I use so many Vials each attempt...
I know about the

Best answer is simply don't get hit. Stand at the monster's side and chip away. If you hit hard enough with Ludwig's you might stun it, in which case go in front and hack away at the face.

I never bother with the maidens, the fireballs move so slowly dodging them is cake.

I know about the
Make sure you listen to the music that plays while you're fighting it. It makes you fired up as the fight progresses.

I-hate-u

Make sure you listen to the music that plays while you're fighting it. It makes you fired up as the fight progresses.

Lol, it's a good track, and is oddly complemented by his ABASHFGH noise.

As for advice for the battle, L2 the crap out of him with your heaviest weapons. He tends to get stunned easily. Don't be passive with him unless he is doing his AoE.

Robiin

Best answer is simply don't get hit. Stand at the monster's side and chip away. If you hit hard enough with Ludwig's you might stun it, in which case go in front and hack away at the face.

I never bother with the maidens, the fireballs move so slowly dodging them is cake.
Thanks for the tips, maybe I shouldn't spend time with the maidens..

Anyone know if he counts as a beast? My best damage gem is +damage to beasts.

Toxi

Banned

Not a beast or kin, so put on a different gem that just increases flat damage.

cslesce

Chalice version is easier IMO since you can make the ice crystals hit pillars. Also try taking out all the spiders the yolo technique doesn't work that well in there.

Ehh.. no one apparently wants to help with Logarius or I am way too low on levels lol.

will do...

where to farm blood stone chuncks, so hard to get other weapons +8/+9....

Pretty sure every Beast boss has Beast somewhere in the name :p Well it takes less than a min to keep the maidens, so it doesnt hurt. What level are you? I can give you a hand if needed. And if I am close enough as well.

myco666

Wohoo got Logarius Wheel and still under 40. Time to wreck stuff.

will do...

where to farm blood stone chuncks, so hard to get other weapons +8/+9....

Upper Cathedral Ward
seems to be best place to farm chunks. Last time I got only regular shards though so not sure.

Top Bottom