• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Robiin

I believe he made the same thread for the second time, after the first one got locked.

Edit: Doesn't look like exactly the same thread, he seem to have written a bit more this time.

danthefan

Good news is that they don't respawn so each time you kill one the fight gets easier.

For me poison knives did the trick to take out the first guy.

Got them in the end. Only ever managed to kill one at a time, got the first two with backstabs + viscerals to take them way down in health, then had a very cagey fight with the last one. Thank god they do not come back.

blahness

Man I was failing so much on Ihyll Pthumerian Descendant until I found out he could be visceraled. Only took about 5 without any regular hits w/ both visceral attack runes equipped. I feel so stupid now regarding how easy it was.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Wow. I've had two people try and help me with the Ebrietas fight and we still haven't been successful.

Fuck that dumb bitch.

On Demand

Banned
Damn, Bruce.

I hope it's not perm. :(

I was going to warn him too. Not that it would of made a difference. I don't see what was the problem with the first thread, but creating another one was not a good idea I think.

Adaren

I don't see what was the problem with the first thread, but creating another one was not a good idea I think.

I speculated that the issue with the first was that it was a general praise thread for BB, which isn't really appropriate when the game is so new.

I didn't understand what was wrong with the second until I got to the end of his post, which is largely copy-pasted from the first thread.

King's Field sounds pretty legit though. What was Miyazaki's role in it?

Giever

I think it's lame that the original thread got locked. It was an interesting bit of insight and discussion (although a lot of people were just posting wine toasting gifs), but I understand the ban if he just went ahead and revised it to try to make it more fitting and just posted it without consulting a mod on whether or not posting it again was okay. Not sure if he did or not, but it kinda seems like he must not have, since if he asked, and they said go ahead, then I don't see how he would have been banned, so.. yeah.

Jawmuncher

I've got over the bells. Now I just put my character in the pray position and wait for someone. Usually just browse GAF while I do so. Don't have to be cautious of any invaders or anything. Basically the game gives me free breaks. Currently lvl 56 if someone can help.

Cainhurst
11220723_10206794090156673_2379672724045474573_o.jpg

EDIT: Gave up as of 1935 EST

joecanada

any reason to take a BB to level 10 as opposed to say a cane or riflespear? The BB is surprisingly weak on damage and doesn't stagger very well either. its really slow and not very powerful so far at +6 ....... hoping for better.

Trakan

Did you try the werewolves in upper cathedral ward? Best place for chucks to drop...even tho its like 4%..The gargoyles in Cainhurst have a 1.5% drop rate.

Personally I've had better luck in
Yahargul
with the
zombie werewolves
. Upper Cathedral Ward just didn't drop anything other than shards for me.

On Demand

Banned
I speculated that the issue with the first was that it was a general praise thread for BB, which isn't really appropriate when the game is so new.

I didn't understand what was wrong with the second until I got to the end of his post, which is largely copy-pasted from the first thread.

King's Field sounds pretty legit though. What was Miyazaki's role in it?

I didn't even know those kinds of threads weren't allowed. Seems weird to me.

I'm not sure what Miyazaki's involvement was in KF.

I've got over the bells. Now I just put my character in the pray position and wait for someone. Usually just browse GAF while I do so. Don't have to be cautious of any invaders or anything. Basically the game gives me free breaks. Currently lvl 56 if someone can help.

Cainhurst

EDIT: still waiting as of 1921 EST

I'm glad I had someone to coop with because waiting for the matchmaking was never a great time. I miss the signs because I at least had a good idea of what was there, and I could window shop for the coolest looking people to summon!

Jawmuncher

I'm glad I had someone to coop with because waiting for the matchmaking was never a great time. I miss the signs because I at least had a good idea of what was there, and I could window shop for the coolest looking people to summon!

The Bell system is great they said, better than the soul signs they said.
This system has dragged down an otherwise decent game.

The Bell system is great they said, better than the soul signs they said.
This system has dragged down an otherwise decent game.

Honestly in theory the bell stuff is better, but in reality I've had a lot more issues with coop than I have in previous games. Granted, I don't miss having to go hide my summon sign behind a rock and telling my friend to go find it, but I don't really like how long it can take to summon a friend using the password either. I would rather just have an invite system, but people might riot over my Casual Souls.

tesqui

I've been hearing quite a few people stating that Dark Souls can't be played the same way Bloodborne is played. Maybe Dark Souls 2 can't be played like bloodborne, BUT the original Dark Souls can certainly be played with no shield and dodging. In fact that's how I originally played the game. Just dodging with zero use of a shield. I just hope people who say they only like Bloodborne will go back and at least give the original Dark Souls a try without shield.

I've been hearing quite a few people stating that Dark Souls can't be played the same way Bloodborne is played. Maybe Dark Souls 2 can't be played like bloodborne, BUT the original Dark Souls can certainly be played with no shield and dodging. In fact that's how I originally played the game. Just dodging with zero use of a shield. I just hope people who say they only like Bloodborne will go back and at least give the original Dark Souls a try without shield.

Parrying is also doable in Dark Souls like it is in Bloodbourne (parrying was made a lot harder in DS2, so I find parrying more similar to Dark Souls in Bloodbourne despite lack of shields.)

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Parrying is also doable in Dark Souls like it is in Bloodbourne (parrying was made a lot harder in DS2, so I find parrying more similar to Dark Souls in Bloodbourne despite lack of shields.)
I have given up trying to parry. I just can't figure it out and I always get owned when I try it.

EL CUCO

Just killed B
loodletting
Beast. First time I ever see him, got him on the 2nd try. I'm still shaking.
_______

https://youtu.be/rdG4QpO9abo
I had to upload this fight. No other game offers me this type of tension during a boss fight. This is like straight out of Rocky IV. Death was in the freaking air, and it was coming from my cainhurst trousers.

Nope. The cheese methods from the YouTube videos don't work. Just get some coop help.

I don't know if it's the Youtube method, but I found that you can just keep beating the right side of her tail and she will keep circling. Expect to lose position from time to time though.

Nobody should cheese the "regular" Ebrietas though.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Fuck it. Is there any way to cheese
Ebrietas
? I'm overleveled (90) and still can't beat her.

I took her down on my first try.

What is your setup?

FYI, I used an Axe + Cannon + Bolt Paper. I forgot at what level I fought her but definitely much lower than you; around 70-ish or so.

My strategy was to just stick close to her ass all the time, quick stepping on her back *every time* she turned around trying to face me and pounded her back. Worked quite well.

I used that Cannon+6 for shooting her head at the beginning and somewhat middle of the fight, powered with Bone Marrow Ash of course; both shots took quite a significant amount of health away from her, and it opened her up for a Visceral.

For runes I used Clawmark, stamina, communion, and Eileen's stamina rune. I used blood bullet first before I engaged her so I can shoot twice with the Cannon.

She tried to use her laser attack two or three times but none of them hit me since I was so close to her. For me personally it seems like engaging her at long/medium range was a much more dangerous tactic to use considering it prods her to use her charge/laser attack more.

BruceLeeRoy got sent into exile :/ I hope it isn't for too long. It sucks when you get banned from gaf. I got banned for saying a polygon joke in the Bloodborne review thread and it was depressing missing out on the first three threads.

The Chef

Yeah I get that, but his first thread got closed so he should've bowed out and posted it here instead.

Looking at the second one it is really quite different than the first outside of imagery. Its much more of a homage to From Software than anything else.

ctfg23

I took her down on my first try.

What is your setup?

FYI, I used an Axe + Cannon + Bolt Paper. I forgot at what level I fought her but definitely much lower than you; around 70-ish or so.

My strategy was to just stick close to her ass all the time, quick stepping on her back *every time* she turned around trying to face me and pounded her back. Worked quite well.

I used that Cannon+6 for shooting her head at the beginning and somewhat middle of the fight, powered with Bone Marrow Ash of course; both shots took quite a significant amount of health away from her, and it opened her up for a Visceral.

For runes I used Clawmark, stamina, communion, and Eileen's stamina rune. I used blood bullet first before I engaged her so I can shoot twice with the Cannon.

She tried to use her laser attack two or three times but none of them hit me since I was so close to her. For me personally it seems like engaging her at long/medium range was a much more dangerous tactic to use considering it prods her to use her charge/laser attack more.

I'm switching off between the Axe and Ludwig's Holy Blade, and using Bolt Paper.
For the runes I'm using Visceral attack +20%, defense from all dmg 4%, and arcane damage 5%

I was at med/long range and kept getting killed by either the charge attack or the lasers.
I always fuck up trying to bait the head slam.

I feel like there's something obvious I'm missing and once I figure it out the fight will be stupid easy since I'm so overleveled.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I'm switching off between the Axe and Ludwig's Holy Blade, and using Bolt Paper.
For the runes I'm using Visceral attack +20%, defense from all dmg 4%, and arcane damage 5%

I was at med/long range and kept getting killed by either the charge attack or the lasers.
I always fuck up trying to bait the head slam.

I feel like there's something obvious I'm missing and once I figure it out the fight will be stupid easy since I'm so overleveled.

Yeah, I recommend just stick to her behind as best as you are able. Just quick step around every time she tries to face you. Use a stamina rune to boost your ability to quick step around and attack.

Like I said, by doing that the lasers didn't hurt me at all even she shot them two or three times (and honestly, the time she used to prepare that attack meant free hits for me; I actually kind of wished she used that move more often, hahaha) and she only got me, IIRC, twice, with her charge attack (and that was not a full frontal damage but side damage since the attack has a stupidly large hitbox so although it claimed significant amount of health it was never enough to kill me). Trying to fight her mid/long range seems a lot more dangerous, because like I said it prods her to use her lasers/charge attack more and you have a much greater chance to be hit by each of them.

The thing that hit me most often using this tactic was her slamming attack but the damage was manageable.

Jawmuncher

So did they just take out being able to summon people offline? Have only seen one sign, while DKS had basically one for every boss.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Oh come on.

Was completing Alfred's quest with the summons and put down the controller. Of course, I was resting it incorrectly and caused my character to attack with R2.

😤

V-Faction

Sometimes I forget just how overpowered the sidestep is compared to the vanilla roll. When a boss pushes my shit in for doing it the old way, I realize "Duh", I should be sidestepping.

Which will undoubtedly wreck my Dark Souls skills when/if I go back to play.

Top Bottom