• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Guys, I want to be a Fourbro.

I've never done this in the Souls games; the closest thing would've been an SL25 run through Lordran, which was obviously not all that stressful.

So, firstly: just how painful will this be?

And secondly: any tips?

I think I want to run with the Saw Cleaver, as for some reason, I'm really turned on by it at the moment.

Cheers!

ctfg23

Yeah, I recommend just stick to her behind as best as you are able. Just quick step around every time she tries to face you. Use a stamina rune to boost your ability to quick step around and attack.

Like I said, by doing that the lasers didn't hurt me at all even she shot them two or three times (and honestly, the time she used to prepare that attack meant free hits for me; I actually kind of wished she used that move more often, hahaha) and she only got me, IIRC, twice, with her charge attack (and that was not a full frontal damage but side damage since the attack has a stupidly large hitbox so although it claimed significant amount of health it was never enough to kill me). Trying to fight her mid/long range seems a lot more dangerous, because like I said it prods her to use her lasers/charge attack more and you have a much greater chance to be hit by each of them.

The thing that hit me most often using this tactic was her slamming attack but the damage was manageable.

Finally beat her. Your strategy worked a lot better than mine. Thank you so much. I must have died more on this boss than all of the others combined.

Finally beat her. Your strategy worked a lot better than mine. Thank you so much. I must have died more on this boss than all of the others combined.

Glad you got it done. I used the behind strat as well. However, ENB made it look stupid easy by using a mid-range approach to bait a head stomp attack and just eviscerate her.

Check this out.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've been hearing quite a few people stating that Dark Souls can't be played the same way Bloodborne is played. Maybe Dark Souls 2 can't be played like bloodborne, BUT the original Dark Souls can certainly be played with no shield and dodging. In fact that's how I originally played the game. Just dodging with zero use of a shield. I just hope people who say they only like Bloodborne will go back and at least give the original Dark Souls a try without shield.
i played through the entirety of ds2 including vendrick and aldia without a shield.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Glad you got it done. I used the behind strat as well. However, ENB made it look stupid easy by using a mid-range approach to bait a head stomp attack and just eviscerate her.

Check this out.

That video is bullshit. She behaves nothing like that in the actual fight. She is going crazy and moving much faster.

Many of these videos that show the easy to beat these bosses I am willing to bet are being recorded after the 12 hour period in which bosses get nerfed.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That video is bullshit. She behaves nothing like that in the actual fight. She is going crazy and moving much faster.

Many of these videos that show the easy to beat these bosses I am willing to bet are being recorded after the 12 hour period in which bosses get nerfed.

what?

It was posted after the patch that fixed it. Plus he also wrote the guide as well. I dont believe ENB would post a glitched video of a boss strategy.

This was post patch.

There is a difference between exploiting the memory bug and drawing particular attacks. The Enemy AI takes into account your range from them when determining what attacks to do. He followed up with his other character showing how the mid-range can also draw the charge attack that is very difficult to dodge. There is some RNG in which attacks are used in the circumstances but that doesn't stop your ability to reduce variation in boss behavior.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
That video is pretty much how I actually beat her the first time. In the chalice and in NG+ it wasn't quite like that, but I did get her to spam that head slam and she went down fast (that was after a few tries, mind, and no, she wasn't glitched).

danthefan

Guys what order should I tackle the following areas in please (easiest to hardest):

Unseen Village
Nightmare Frontier
Cainhurst

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Guys what order should I tackle the following areas in please (easiest to hardest):

Unseen Village
Nightmare Frontier
Cainhurst

The 1st one is widely considered, with good reason, featuring a way harder area before the boss while the boss fight itself is pretty easy.

The 2nd one is not really hard, although the map has so many annoying elements to it (poison, frenzy monsters (ugh)), and the boss itself... well, I wouldn't call it easy but, not that hard (well, depending on the setup of your PC.)

The 3rd one is not hard on the area (except on the castle courtyard but no need to linger there really), but I know so many people having a difficult time with the boss (though out of these three areas this area features the only boss that you can stun-visceral with a gun, and indeed the most effective way to deal with him is this.)

I'd personally recommend you go 2-3-1, but up to you.

Xeilyn

I think im gonna give up. Cant beat headless bloodletting beast, i was close once but everytime since then ive only managed to get him down to about 50%...

Guys, I want to be a Fourbro.

I've never done this in the Souls games; the closest thing would've been an SL25 run through Lordran, which was obviously not all that stressful.

So, firstly: just how painful will this be?

And secondly: any tips?

I think I want to run with the Saw Cleaver, as for some reason, I'm really turned on by it at the moment.

Cheers!
My friend cleared this run yesterday. Hardest for him were Rom and ironically The One Reborn. He was using the axe. Best advice is the same as for any regular play-through. Keep a stiff upper lip and just go in and do it.

Ive tried every tactic and seen a bunch of videos. I got him down to about 25% just now but i ran out of vials. As soon as the parasite pops out i dont do enough dmg quick enough..
It sounds like you can slaughter him! Take a night off and come back to it. Sometimes that helps. Couldn't beat
Gehrman
for a few hours. Loaded it up the next day and
Killed him on my first attempt. Good luck :)

UrbanRats

I'd pay 5$, easy-fatalities-style, just to remove Frenzy from this game.
So fucking annoying.
I like it when it's like the
eye of Sauron, in the last level
, because you can easily hide and it's a short burst, but whenever there's one of those fucking gross
multiple eyed enemies
around, that insta-frenzy you from line of sight, i just want to put the game down.
I've been downing Sedatives like Aspirins, ffs, and it's still not enough, sometimes.

Trakan

So fucking annoying.
, because you can easily hide and it's a short burst, but whenever there's one of those fucking gross
multiple eyed enemies
around, that insta-frenzy you from line of sight, i just want to put the game down.
I've been downing Sedatives like Aspirins, ffs, and it's still not enough, sometimes.

There are 2 runes and a few sets of armor that drastically increase frenzy resistance making it a minor annoyance at best.

Xeilyn

It sounds like you can slaughter him! Take a night off and come back to it. Sometimes that helps. Couldn't beat
Gehrman
for a few hours. Loaded it up the next day and
Killed him on my first attempt. Good luck :)
I beat him! 4 vials left and dodge after dodge then i just went for it the last 10%. My hands are shaking haha. Yeah i was stuck on defiled watchdog then came back a week later and beat him on first try

I've only really got Mensis to do now and i'm considering taking the "bad ending" just to get this finished up before moving onto something else, i'm not a trophy hunter so i'm not fussed about the Plat i'm just getting to the point where i'm ready to get it over with.

Might be a bit of a wuss out but i've spent plenty of time with the game and loved it for the most part, if I get it out of the way this weekend that will give me a week or so off then onto The Witcher 3.

myco666

So fucking annoying.
multiple eyed enemies

Insta-frenzy? What is your insight at? You should have enough time to kill the enemies and use sedatives before frenzy hits even without super high frenzy resist.

spliced

Man the level design was going along so good for so long and then I hit the
Nightmare Frontier
. It's so ugly and such a pain to navigate, it's like the entire purpose of the level is to annoy you.

On the bright side I beat
Amygdala
, probably the smoothest fight in the game for me so far. Not sure if I stumbled into the right strategy or just got lucky but I stayed behind it and beat on it's tail. I don't know what was up with it's defense but the damage I did would vary wildly, some hits were 17 damage and some were over 400 for the same attack. Most I believe were in the high 80's.

Madridy

Still stuck at defiled amygdala. Hate the jump attack.

I'm at the same situation, the fight is bullshit after phase 3. Absolutely unfair, broken and greatly depends on luck.

Any tips guys?

My weapons are
BoM +10
Cane +9
Burial Blade +9

Stats:
50 Vit
40 End
50 Skill

I've been trying both the cane and burial blade, and I always get destroyed on the 3rd phase.

I'm at the same situation, the fight is bullshit after phase 3. Absolutely unfair, broken and greatly depends on luck.

Any tips guys?

My weapons are
BoM +10
Cane +9
Burial Blade +9

Stats:
50 Vit
40 End
50 Skill

I've been trying both the cane and burial blade, and I always get destroyed on the 3rd phase.

it's actually easiest in the 3rd phase (when she breaks the arms off). just stay behind her by her tail and go to town. avoid the foot stomp. when she jumps, she'll never jump on you, she jumps away from you. so just track where she lands and run back under her by her tail. wash, rinse, repeat

benjammin

I've only really got Mensis to do now and i'm considering taking the "bad ending" just to get this finished up before moving onto something else, i'm not a trophy hunter so i'm not fussed about the Plat i'm just getting to the point where i'm ready to get it over with.

Might be a bit of a wuss out but i've spent plenty of time with the game and loved it for the most part, if I get it out of the way this weekend that will give me a week or so off then onto The Witcher 3.

Don't do that, you're right there! Also the final boss is one of the best in the game, if not the best.

dock

I have now died more times on a regular enemy than any of my boss attempts. I truly hate you and your frenzy, W
inter Lantern
. I wasted 10 sedatives and tried every combination of equipment that I could muster, but died to it like a dozen times.

Tempted to put the game down for a while now, tbh. I hear conflicting reports on how much more of the game there is after Rom.

myco666

Any tips guys?

My weapons are
BoM +10
Cane +9
Burial Blade +9

Stats:
50 Vit
40 End
50 Skill

Try stay behind her and whack the tail. This should make her only use jump attack away from you and you can easily stay behind her. That part has really high defense so your damage output will be super low (had LHB+10 with three 20% gems doing only 100 damage per strike). This is by far the safest method to deal damage during that phase but it takes really long. Cannon + BMA is also really good but that seems to be out of question with your build.

Still stuck at defiled amygdala. Hate the jump attack.

Any tips guys?

My weapons are
BoM +10
Cane +9
Burial Blade +9

Stats:
50 Vit
40 End
50 Skill

Does s/he step on you? Heard if you stand still you won't get hit. I never attempt that however. I kinda rolled/moved towards where amygdala's last location. Keep moving during that phase. Perhaps the cane transformed mode + R2? I haven't used the cane that much but it has a high reach that should allow you to hit the head.

Edit:
I have now died more times on a regular enemy than any of my boss attempts. I truly hate you and your frenzy, W
inter Lantern
. I wasted 10 sedatives and tried every combination of equipment that I could muster, but died to it like a dozen times.

Tempted to put the game down for a while now, tbh. I hear conflicting reports on how much more of the game there is after Rom.
Frenzy will always do 70% of your max HP. Also Running pass them if you can be useful :p depends on how much have you done. Personally I consider Rom 65-70% of the game.

Madridy

it's actually easiest in the 3rd phase (when she breaks the arms off). just stay behind her by her tail and go to town. avoid the foot stomp. when she jumps, she'll never jump on you, she jumps away from you. so just track where she lands and run back under her by her tail. wash, rinse, repeat

First time hearing about this, will try it now.

Madridy

Try stay behind her and whack the tail. This should make her only use jump attack away from you and you can easily stay behind her. That part has really high defense so your damage output will be super low (had LHB+10 with three 20% gems doing only 100 damage per strike). This is by far the safest method to deal damage during that phase but it takes really long. Cannon + BMA is also really good but that seems to be out of question with your build.

Does s/he step on you? Heard if you stand still you won't get hit. I never attempt that however. I kinda rolled/moved towards where amygdala's last location. Keep moving during that phase. Perhaps the cane transformed mode + R2? I haven't used the cane that much but it has a high reach that should allow you to hit the head.

Edit:
Frenzy will always do 70% of your max HP. Also Running pass them if you can be useful :p depends on how much have you done. Personally I consider Rom 65-70% of the game.

Fuck yes! done on the 2nd try

Would've got in the first time If I didn't get greedy when she was <10% and got stomped twice :p

Thanks guys, one the hardest boss fights for me is now a cake walk! lol

BuzzZaw75

Neo Member
Question on the Vilebloods Leaderboard.....

Last night we took out Martyr L, saw the Queen and accepted the offer. And being somewhat curious to everything we pick up we looked at the Vileblood Register....and then about came out of our seat.....

We don't know that much on how all this Blood Dreg stuff works but we saw like the Top 3 have numbers like 20,000+, 18,000+, 16,000+ and we like how the hell did they get numbers like that and what do they mean when you see like (99) max storage?

I would assume these are Not Legit and if not just how are they doing it? I thought the last patch did away with...dare I say cheating? We have no interest but wanted to know how? We pretty much know why....

UrbanRats

There are 2 runes and a few sets of armor that drastically increase frenzy resistance making it a minor annoyance at best.
I'll look into it, i'm to used too Fashion Souls to check that stuff out, usually.

Insta-frenzy? What is your insight at? You should have enough time to kill the enemies and use sedatives before frenzy hits even without super high frenzy resist.
Was being hyperbolic about "instant", of course.
I think my Insight was around 40/50 range, i used some and got sucked a bunch of times in the
Upper Cathedral
, too.
But i have plenty of spare Madman's Knowledge.

Those fuckers just get on my nerves though.
Apparently you can roll through the Frenzy HP damage, too; i'll try it, though it's a big gamble since it 1 hits me if you're not at completely full health.

I've finished the game three times and I have the platinum. Even still, I just can't pull away from this damn game! I tried to give it a break for a few days and I've already gone back to it. Started up my third fresh character last night, I think I'm going to go for a Blade of Mercy build. Any tips other than loading up on Skill? It sucks that I have to wait until
I beat Rom
if I want to get her badge and finish the questline, but I feel too guilty killing her early on.

I love all of the Souls games but for some reason I find Bloodborne to be so much more fun to replay than the others. It doesn't have nearly as many options in terms of build variety but even using different weapons is just a blast. The flow of the combat just makes every enemy encounter so enjoyable.

On a different note, I love how easy everything feels in these games once you've overcome the challenge a time or two. It took me 42 hours to finish the game the first time through, including a solid 6 or 7 hours just fighting BSB, Logarius, and Ebrietas. On my second run I still explored all of the areas and beat all the bosses and it took 17 hours. I went on to finish NG+ and do enough chalice dungeon stuff to get the platinum and all of that took a total of 37 hours, still less than my first playthrough!

IronRinn

After getting E
brietas
down to a sliver of health and then dying I just decided to get some help. Died the first time (even more embarrassing than dying alone is dying in co-op) but the second person and I finally did it. So glad to be past that. Thank you random internet strangers, you have kept me from just giving up on this game at times. Played a bit more and got to the second lamp in NoM so no more of those stupid spiders.

Ebolarama

Banned
Why why why can somebody tell me why these boss fights NEVER play out in the actual game the same way they do in the YouTube videos? Taking on Ebrietas and all these videos show people hitting her in a safe spot by her belly. Yet in that same spot I keep on getting hit by her attacks.

I seriously wonder if From Software takes note of these cheesing videos and patches out the methods to beat them. My method of beating Ebrietas wasn't really cheesing. But I could not stay underneath her belly long enough to do damage.

I agree with this. I watched 4 separate tactics for how to defeat Rom and none of them played out the way they appeared in the videos. Then I just did it the way I thought I should, and using some hints I read on GAF (like ignoring the spiders) and I got him quickly.

Man the level design was going along so good for so long and then I hit the
Nightmare Frontier
. It's so ugly and such a pain to navigate, it's like the entire purpose of the level is to annoy you.

On the bright side I beat
Amygdala
, probably the smoothest fight in the game for me so far. Not sure if I stumbled into the right strategy or just got lucky but I stayed behind it and beat on it's tail. I don't know what was up with it's defense but the damage I did would vary wildly, some hits were 17 damage and some were over 400 for the same attack. Most I believe were in the high 80's.

My jaw literally dropped at how easily I killed Amygdala. I got her to about half health using the stay in close and hit her hands technique, then broke out my +6 cannon with BMA and blasted her twice in the head for a first attempt victory.

I'll look into it, i'm to used too Fashion Souls to check that stuff out, usually.

Was being hyperbolic about "instant", of course.
I think my Insight was around 40/50 range, i used some and got sucked a bunch of times in the
Upper Cathedral
, too.
But i have plenty of spare Madman's Knowledge.

Those fuckers just get on my nerves though.
Apparently you can roll through the Frenzy HP damage, too; i'll try it, though it's a big gamble since it 1 hits me if you're not at completely full health.

Sounds like you're having the same issue as I did yesterday. Those things are annoying and I think it's the Graveyard Set that reduces frenzy. I was able to kill one by cannon blast, take sedative, second cannon, take sedative, dead. But that only works on one Brain since it takes all 24 of my QS bullets.
Definitely take the advice of spending off a lot of your Insight before fighting them.

Kamina

Golden Boy
My jaw literally dropped at how easily I killed Amygdala. I got her to about half health using the stay in close and hit her hands technique, then broke out my +6 cannon with BMA and blasted her twice in the head for a first attempt victory.
Him. Lord Amydgala

Here's the best way to handle Winter Lanterns:

maxresdefault.jpg
Equip that and you won't have to worry about spending insight.

dock

Yeah, I intend to run past next time I dare to go back in, as I don't expect to have any more sedatives for a while. It's been the first time any one enemy has been such a hurdle.

Minamu

Did I just permanently lose 66k? :lol

I'm in Defiled level 2 and one of those Cainhurst spiders killed me. Can't see my bloodstain anywhere :/ Not that 66k is a whole lot, just half a level up, but still :)

Oh dang. Meczero on Twitch is doing an all achievements run (AKA Chalice Dungeons and bosses are included). Looking forward to see how this turns out.

Minamu

you can farm 66k in 2 minutes in mergo's loft....those 3 pigs with moon rune :)
Indeed, I have done that place an awful lot of times by now. I'm lvl 133 and still in NG xD So it is gone? I'm looking in Lecture building as well right now but I cant see any stain there either.

Gammacide

Defiled Watchdog down!!!!! Must've taken 40 or 50 tries all told!! Incredible!! Definitely the most aggravating fight in the game thus far. So good to put it past me. :-D

Top Bottom