• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

I didn't think insight affected bosses but I just beat
Wet Nurse
rather easily after spending all but 10 insight. Her moveset was definitely easier. Maybe I just got lucky!

Found Hemwick Charnel Lane, I think I may be over-levelled for this area (32) and should've found it sooner? Most things die in two hits.

It's a fantastic area, I was getting a bit tired of the same old scenery, it's a nice, refreshing change.

EL CUCO

Question about Coop in the Chalice dungeons: does the coop session end after defeating each layer boss or does it run all the way through to the final boss of the dungeon?

Finally got the platinum! I was finally able to do everything I wanted with my character.

Now it's time to start an Arcane focused character.

Central Yharnam is a good blodd echoes farming place in the beginning. By killing every enemy in the area(ALL central Yharnam, from the 1st floor of the clinic to the Tomb of Oedon lamp), I earn about 7.5K BE.

Alo0oy

Banned
CD farming? tell me more!

I also enjoy +10 BoM and wrecking every pvp invader.

Chalice Dungeon. I was farming the higher end blood gems. Flat arcane gems actually add more damage overall than the phys% ones because the BoM's base damage is so low & the weapon's reliance on speed. Right now my BoM basically hits as hard as the slower weapons, but with far more speed. & it's even more effective in PvP because nobody actually wears Arcane defense attire.

EDIT:
This Blood Gem for instance:
vL40UDW.jpg

Gives you 72.5 arcane damage AND 9.8% physical damage, & because of the BoM's base physical damage at +10 being only 120, you'll never get a phys% gem that comes close to a flat gem like this one.

Auctopus

Chalice Dungeon. I was farming the higher end blood gems. Flat arcane gems actually add more damage overall than the phys% ones because the BoM's base damage is so low & the weapon's reliance on speed. Right now my BoM basically hits as hard as the slower weapons, but with far more speed. & it's even more effective in PvP because nobody actually wears Arcane defense attire.

EDIT:
This Blood Gem for instance:

Gives you 72.5 arcane damage AND 9.8% physical damage, & because of the BoM's base physical damage at +10 being only 120, you'll never get a phys% gem that comes close to a flat gem like this one.

Wow, what dungeons were you farming?

Neoweee

Found Hemwick Charnel Lane, I think I may be over-levelled for this area (32) and should've found it sooner? Most things die in two hits.

It's a fantastic area, I was getting a bit tired of the same old scenery, it's a nice, refreshing change.

You're not overleveled. It is kind of hard to get there at a substantially lower level than that.

Alo0oy

Banned
Wow, what dungeons were you farming?

I got that particular gem from Isz glyph: huy83p9r, the first boss drops it, although you're gonna have to keep doing it over & over to get a tempering one, and even if you get one, you might get one with a crap negative effect like HP down or WPN durability down.

I got the radial versions of that gem from Ihyll, I'm gonna have to check the glyph later though cause I don't have it with me right now.

Auctopus

I got that particular gem from Isz glyph: huy83p9r, the first boss drops it, although you're gonna have to keep doing it over & over to get a tempering one, and even if you get one, you might get one with a crap negative effect like HP down or WPN durability down.

I got the radial versions of that gem from Ihyll, I'm gonna have to check the glyph later though cause I don't have it with me right now.

Thank you. I'll check it out when I have a free tombstone.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Why the heck am I getting invaded nonstop now that I am at the nightmare levels? I had never been invaded now I'm getting invaded non-stop.

Wow, finally some new attacks from those Church guys with the blue lanterns in Cathedral Ward. That new attack hits kinda hard. I guess it has to do with my insight(19).

hitgirl

Any hot tips on getting Arcane Haze? Need it for the defiled chalice, going for the chalice trophy and then I'm done with chalice dungeons. So Guessing I don't need many of these mats and can break them down.

Edit - nvm I had enough. Wish me luck.

gunbo13

I didn't think insight affected bosses but I just beat
Wet Nurse
rather easily after spending all but 10 insight. Her moveset was definitely easier. Maybe I just got lucky!
She's an easy one no matter what. I rolled over her in NG+, insight 99. Maybe if she didn't leave such huge openings and blind spots.
Any hot tips on getting Arcane Haze? Need it for the defiled chalice, going for the chalice trophy and then I'm done with chalice dungeons. So Guessing I don't need many of these mats and can break them down.

Edit - nvm I had enough. Wish me luck.
For arcane haze, you can buy low level mold from the messenger and break it down in the workshop.

EL CUCO

Woooh
creepy bouncy bridge
in Ailing Loran chalice is creepy. Wasn't expecting this type of area AT ALL.

Artex

Banned
I sent the nun to the Chapel as well, and someone told me she might get jelly of me suckling on Arianna's teat all the time and will kill her. Should I kill the nun? Can that prevent me from obtaining the umbilical cord?

Alo0oy

Banned
I sent the nun to the Chapel as well, and someone told me she might get jelly of me suckling on Arianna's teat all the time and will kill her. Should I kill the nun? Can that prevent me from obtaining the umbilical cord?

No, you can avoid the situation by having Adella's blood in your inventory before fighting
Rom

So now I'm sure I really dislike the Church Giant that weilds that giant hammer axe thing. It can't be staggered, has incredible reach, and does a lot of damage.

Einbroch

Banned
Late game spoiler:
Gehrman
is impossible. Four hours now.

That wind gust. I can't dodge it. I get him down to 5% every time and he just spams it.

Alo0oy

Banned
So now I'm sure I really dislike the Church Giant that weilds that giant hammer axe thing. It can't be staggered, has incredible reach, and does a lot of damage.

He takes like 5 minutes to swing his axe, it's almost impossible to not see it coming, you can avoid it without even rolling/dodging.

Late game spoiler:
Gehrman

That wind gust. I can't dodge it. I get him down to 5% every time and he just spams it.
Rush towards him. You'll end up right next to him when he lands and can whack the shit out of him for a little bit before he attacks again.

I always got hit if I rolled back or sideways, and since you take extra damage if you're hit while rolling, I'd get one-hit KO'd every time.

He takes like 5 minutes to swing his axe, it's almost impossible to not see it coming, you can avoid it without even rolling/dodging.
Hmm, I'll try again.

Also, what's up with the blue balls of light the other Church guys with canes send out?

And...what the hell?
There are other hunters you fight? There were two in a small courtyard at the bottom of the stairs to the right of Vicar's room. One had a club or something with lightning and the other had a pistol or blunderbuss.

Late game spoiler:
Gehrman

Shoot him in the face :3 but I know what you mean. That acutally gave me troubles the first night I attempt to beat him..then 3-4 hours later..nope! Dodge at an angle when he does that. Take a break also helps. Sounds like you got him!

Artex

Banned
Yeah i still can't sign in. Never was unable to connect before, it's weird. I tried restarting the game but no dice.

I can't beat the headless bloodletting beast. anyone care to help me or offer up some tips?
Dont lock on. Roll towards the back of his legs. He does a ground stomp so its a dead give away. Fire paper works. Repeatably hitting a limb causes it to "break" and take more damage. He will try to escape after X time to "heal" use this to do damage.
lol problem is I might need my insight for co-op but thanks!

How many do you have? Henryk's gear can be helpful on the Darkbeast Paarl but its not really required. Fire paper and Bolt paper are always helpful as well.

Stat!

Dont lock on. Roll towards the back of his legs. He does a ground stomp so its a dead give away. Fire paper works. Repeatably hitting a limb causes it to "break" and take more damage. He will try to escape after X time to "heal" use this to do damage.

How many do you have? Henryk's gear can be helpful on the Darkbeast Paarl but its not really required. Fire paper and Bolt paper are always helpful as well.

Currently have 22. Just rocking my Yahrnam gear. Just beat the
Witches
but not
Vicar Amerlia.

Gbraga

Doing a new super slow run for my Bloodtinge character, main goal is to learn a Fashionborne route, so I can save time when making new PVP characters and get all my fashion stuff in the least amount of time possible.

I'll also use it to know which items I never use anyway, so I shouldn't waste time getting, like Djura's garb.

Bowler

Anyone near level 175 and can offer help with amygdala in the defiled chalice? Just can't last that long with doing so little damage. Versus her 1 hit kills

Psn Droozy

Any way I can get more fire paper? Currently went through Old Yharnam(used up fire paper received from that area on
Blood Starved Beast, and lost...three times
. I've already unlocked the gates in Cathedral Ward, but haven't ventured to Forbidden Forest nor Hemwick. Also haven't flight
Vicar
yet.

Any way I can get more fire paper? Currently went through Old Yharnam(used up fire paper received from that area on
Blood Starved Beast, and lost...three times
. I've already unlocked the gates in Cathedral Ward, but haven't ventured to Forbidden Forest nor Hemwick. Also haven't flight
Vicar
yet.
Yeah the insight messenger bath but you need the radiant sword hunter badge.

What's the USB save trick to get all endings? Don't feel like playing through just to get another one.
Plug in a USB flash drive and upload your save copy there. Beat ending A, load your save file from the USB flash drive. Repeat for ending B and C.

Bowler

Yeah the insight messenger bath but you need the radiant sword hunter badge.

Plug in a USB flash drive and upload your save copy there. Beat ending A, load your save file from the USB flash drive. Repeat for ending B and C.
Make sure you save before consuming pregnant lady parts

Top Bottom