• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

SxP

I got a blood gem that adds 16.5% bolt attack to my weapon, so equipped it to try it out, and I seem to be doing a lot less damage than I was before. Is it just that everything I'm attacking is strong to bolt by some coincidence? It only replaced some shitty 0.7% attack gem so it's not that.

As far as I know, equipping a elemental blood gem changes the weapons scaling from Strength/Skill to Arcane. So it's probably just that you lost your superior physical scaling and replaced it with mediocre Arcane scaling.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
My current build:

Vit 22
End 20
Str 10
Skill 15
BT 50
Arcane 8

Chikage/Evelyn. Melting through bosses (had troubles with some bosses until 50 BT and Bone Marrow Ash. Even with plain pistol, I was murdering shit in 5-6 bullets. Insane)

Any tips on how to go from here. Was thinking of getting Vit to 30 and calling it quit for PvP purposes.

danthefan

As far as I know, equipping a elemental blood gem changes the weapons scaling from Strength/Skill to Arcane. So it's probably just that you lost your superior physical scaling and replaced it with mediocre Arcane scaling.

Thank you, that would explain it, I have no points in Arcane I don't think.

What do people think is the best weapon in the game? I'm on ng+ now and. I'm still using the axe +10 and blunderbuss +6.

I'm levelling up the burial blade scythe thing now but I'm not sure it's as good as the axe, it's at +6.

I just don't see any reason to change from the Ace right now..

If anybody is interested this is today's TeeFury design:
b-mco-blood-encounter.png

Arjen

What do people think is the best weapon in the game? I'm on ng+ now and. I'm still using the axe +10 and blunderbuss +6.

I'm levelling up the burial blade scythe thing now but I'm not sure it's as good as the axe, it's at +6.

For me, Ludwigs is the best all round weapon. Great scaling for almost everything, great range, and it staggers almost everything. With the right gems you'll get a crazy high AR as well.

danthefan

Have you tried Ludwig's Holy Blade? I prefer it to the axe, though the charged R2 attack on the axe is better.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Right, so my unfinished dungeons are right there for me to continue then? (Sorry for repearing, I really don't want to run through the lower levels again)

No but the Chalice levels stays the same. Start one in NG+7 at level 500 and you will one shot the final chalice boss lol.

Personally Ludwig's Holy Sword is my favorite weapon. Followed by the Hunter's Axe.

I don't remember but I think my HP is around 1400. I have all my other main (str,dex,end) stats at 30. I guess it'll be a test of patience more than anything, at this point. Looking forward to the challenge :)
Yep you should be good to go! Good luck!

It's cheating in the same way that using a "level select" cheat in an older game would be cheating. Skipping to the end of the game because you "can't be bothered" to do it the normal way.

Morality on the matter varies because some people don't see it as "cheating" if it does not harm others but the fact remains that it's not part of normal gameplay. It's taking the easy way out. Cutting corners.

Whether you think it's a big deal or not, that's a different can of worms... but outright denying that it's cheating at all is self-deluding at best and seems like overly defensive behavior when all you have to do is admit that you took the lazy way because you don't care.
I really don't want to continue this topic, but I feel inclined to reply since I was quoted. By your logic, taking any kind of drugs during a course of illness would be consider "cheating". Drugs are unnatural and not part of the normal life cycle. As mention before each their own, lets respect each others view and please drop this "cheating" debate.

And yes I "cheated" but I still beat the game more than 3x just for anyone's info.

What's a good Slow/Fast Poison resistance stat number to have? With the Black Church set, my S/F Poison resistance is around the 219/214 respectively?

Looking at my stats, I feel like my PH.DEF is low, at 100.

Currently lvl 40.

cslesce

where do you start getting weapon in chalices?

today i finally found that beast claw....

for trophy do i need to play defiled dungeon chalices?

Duffman

Axe is very good, but I prefer Ludwig's. Axe has a slightly better/more versatile moveset IMO, but Ludwig's damage output is just crazy.

Liethe

By your logic, taking any kind of drugs during a course of illness would be consider "cheating". Drugs are unnatural and not part of the normal life cycle.
I don't really see the comparison. Your life does not depend on getting a platinum trophy in a video game.

It's cutting out a part of the game that you may consider "boring" with the intention of getting somewhere faster with less work. In this case, the platinum trophy. No matter how you want to slice it, that's the truth of it. I'm not saying people should not do it, only that they should own up to it gracefully.

EL CUCO

Just picked up the Beast Claw. Damn it feels like a fun weapon to use. Dat 2 handed makes you want to roar. Lol

Neoweee

The weapons generally viewed as pretty awesome, in particular order:

1) Whip Cane: Out-ranges enemies, and makes their AI poop themselves. Basically, it lets you stand the AI dead zone where you are too close to be charged, but too far to melee hit.
2) Hunter's Axe: Great range and Power, Charged attack is nuts and abusive.
3) Ludwig's: Generally good balance of everything, in either mode.
4) Tonitrus: Completely and utterly destroys some of the "hard" bosses. L2 gives a massive elemental boost that feels completely out of line with any other weapon in the game.

Omg, that was crazy! I finally beat
BSB
! :D :D :D
I only had to use one antidote(thanks, Black Church set), just because it pounced on me and gnawed on me. I used one oil urn and 5x molotovs. Also, three pungent blood things. Alfred was the decoy while I struck it with R1 and R2 attacks at close range.

Anyone want to coop through forbidden woods with me?

Lvl 39. Really don't feel like slogging through this again. Most stressful place in the game for me.

Just the
snake
portion. Already have the shortcut opened.

danthefan

Getting some weird bugs at the moment, doing a bit of echo farming in
Charnel Lane
and enemies are sort of teleporting about the place, both the
dogs and executioners.

Unrelated but do I actually need to spoiler tag place names from the game? I don't mind doing it but not sure what the etiquette is.

Kal_El

I really want to finish the game before Witcher and HoW come. I'm doing the Chalice Dungeons with just 3 Boss left before the end of the game. I want the platinum but it's not SUPER important. So should I just slowly over the summer knockout chalice dungeons until I get whatever trophy i'm suppose to get from it and then finish the story or just finish and concentrate on chalice on NG+? I'm lvl 90 now.

ThatManTy

Neo Member
Game winding down to the end for me. I know this, cuz I don;t mindbeing spoiled about things :p. Well, I killed the C
elestial
E
missary
. Felt like such an idiot, dying to him once. Then I went up to E
brietas
, but got my ass handed to me a fair amount before I stopped. Gonna take "it" down tonight, before hitting up the final Nightmare.

Also NF introduced the best enemy in the game, the Winter Lantern. So cool to be walking around, then hear the song, then turn a corner and... wtf! Worst enemy is the insight draining brainsuckers... tho I suppose getting frenzy from just looking at something can be annoying too.

Cheers for the tips.i don't think I should be using the lightning mace thing because my bloodtinge isn't high...

However, I'm getting killed on ng+ with Amelia... She is so much harder in this version. I might have to try ludwigs because I'm getting slaughtered by her.

EL CUCO

same here, what level're you?
125 just got his ass! Use Pungent cocktails to lure him and stun/visceral from behind.

Everytime I post about getting rekt, I kill the boss right after. Never fails.

If you still need help and around my level, I'm down to help. I would need your glyph I think.

Cheers for the tips.i don't think I should be using the lightning mace thing because my bloodtinge isn't high...

However, I'm getting killed on ng+ with Amelia... She is so much harder in this version. I might have to try ludwigs because I'm getting slaughtered by her.
Yeah she got much harder for me in NG+ because my damage output wasn't high enough to interrupt or counteract her healing anymore. You need to make use of numbing mists if you're not already.

Anyone want to coop through forbidden woods with me?

Lvl 39. Really don't feel like slogging through this again. Most stressful place in the game for me.

Just the
snake
portion. Already have the shortcut opened.

Yeah just loss 80k on my new build character cause I got "cocky" :p Dont feel like going through it again right now meh

I'm really not enjoying ng+ at all. I don't have enough mats to upgrade some new weapons so most things now are +6 except for my axe, to even dent anyone (esp bosses) I have to use my axe..

There are no chunks until the end game so there is no point really using anything else other than the axe.

I wish there were a respec item like in darksouls so I could try a new build because right now I'm playing exactly the same way as NG, which is really killing the replay ability for me right now.

Yeah she got much harder for me in NG+ because my damage output wasn't high enough to interrupt or counteract her healing anymore. You need to make use of numbing mists if you're not already.
Yep I am. She gets down to around 1/4 damage then starts her healing which goes up really quickly. I've tried 3x and I get her to the same damage then I run out of vials and lose..

rafaelr

just got queen yharnam for the platinum, game is awesome!
did most of the chalices in coop with a friend, and while having to do everything twice is not ideal, it´s not as bad and time consuming as i imagined.
coop definitely helps with most of the bosses, defiled amygdala being the exception for us, because we hardly ever could figure out who she was trying to jump on, both stood still and one of us got smashed into pieces then :)
worst boss for me:
abhorrent beast.
still giving me nightmares, he absolutely destroyed me every time i tried him solo.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
One of the most ridiculous comments I have read on GAF.

god forbid somebody not play the game 3 times...
But that's what the game intends for you to do to get those trophies. Might as well use some sort of cheat engine to remove the HP reduction in the defiled dungeon because "god forbid someone doesn't want that cheap HP penalty...". It's cheating, like it or not. I really don't care because it doesn't affect my game, but let's call it what it is.

I really don't want to continue this topic, but I feel inclined to reply since I was quoted. By your logic, taking any kind of drugs during a course of illness would be consider "cheating". Drugs are unnatural and not part of the normal life cycle.
That has to be the silliest analogy I've ever read. lol, sorry but comparing treating diseases to video games? I can't even... Anyway, obviously there is no rule of "nature", while there are rules in games, set by the devs. That comparison just doesn't remotely work.

cslesce

125 just got his ass! Use Pungent cocktails to lure him and stun/visceral from behind.

Everytime I post about getting rekt, I kill the boss right after. Never fails.

If you still need help and around my level, I'm down to help. I would need your glyph I think.

will use cocktails....hehe....

I had such trouble with Martyr Logarius. I leveled up to 75 to beat him. Probably tried 20 times or more. He kept two hitting me with the AoE skull.

This game is amazing.

That has to be the silliest analogy I've ever read. lol, sorry but comparing treating diseases to video games? I can't even... Anyway, obviously there is no rule of "nature", while there are rules in games, set by the devs. That comparison just doesn't remotely work.

Hey I view a comparison :p but I wont mention it as I previous mention before, would like to drop the whole "cheating" debate that's been brought up and do not want to derail the thread. Lets leave it as it is. Like I mention I, personally, feel inclined to answer people that quote me.

Top Bottom