• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Make sure you save before consuming pregnant lady parts
True dat :lol
Thanks IRawr. Those endings are as good as mine.
Use a save file before you
comsume pregnant lady parts. For the first ending accept the offer. Second ending consume 1 or 2 pregnant lady parts and for the third ending consume all 3

Edit:
So...beating Old Yharnam is a must? :/ Damn.
yeah oops didn't see that you never finish the Blood-starved beast. Do you have blood cocktails? If so throw it and the BSB will aggro on where every you toss it at. Allowing you to get a few hits in.

True dat :lol

Use a save file before you
comsume pregnant lady parts. For the first ending accept the offer. Second ending consume 1 or 2 pregnant lady parts and for the third ending consume all 3

Edit: yeah oops didn't see that you never finish the Blood-starved beast. Do you have blood cocktails? If so throw it and the BSB will aggro on where every you toss it at. Allowing you to get a few hits in.
Thanks, I'll try that. :)

I actually really liked this game and beat it completely, then went to do the chalice dungeons. Everything went as expected until Lower Loran Floor 2's boss, the
Shit Eating Abhorrent Beast From Hell

Seriously I've been stuck on him for a week now, and it seems my build was supposed to be ranged based to even try and kill this pile of walking shit.

My opinion is seriously changing based on this fucker alone, I'm almost ready to say fuck this boss and his cheap bullshit and fuck the platinum trophy lol.

I actually really liked this game and beat it completely, then went to do the chalice dungeons. Everything went as expected until Lower Loran Floor 2's boss, the
Shit Eating Abhorrent Beast From Hell

Seriously I've been stuck on him for a week now, and it seems my build was supposed to be ranged based to even try and kill this pile of walking shit.

My opinion is seriously changing based on this fucker alone, I'm almost ready to say fuck this boss and his cheap bullshit and fuck the platinum trophy lol.
Poison knifes and walk backwards in a circle.

Poison knifes and walk backwards in a circle.

It doesn't work for me in this one, I had to do that in the first match against him in the circle arena, but this one is rectangle and has crappy vines sticking out all over, he just beasts me bad lols.

I give up for now, I'm going to do a few other chalices and come back to it, I just needed the jelly for the chalice leading to the
Queen trophy boss

It's prolly a joke with friends, since he wouldn't be on my face the whole fight but ya nobody I know has the patience for these games >_<

It doesn't work for me in this one, I had to do that in the first match against him in the circle arena, but this one is rectangle and has crappy vines sticking out all over, he just beasts me bad lols.

I give up for now, I'm going to do a few other chalices and come back to it, I just needed the jelly for the chalice leading to the
Queen trophy boss

It's prolly a joke with friends, since he wouldn't be on my face the whole fight but ya nobody I know has the patience for these games >_<

Make a new lower loran chalic at another gravestone. I think you just have to kill the first boss and there should be one red jelly in layer 2. Dont need to kill the layer 2 Abhorrent Beast boss.

Make a new lower loran chalic at another gravestone. I think you just have to kill the first boss and there should be one red jelly in layer 2. Dont need to kill the layer 2 Abhorrent Beast boss.

Yeah that is very true, and would take me like an hour, I was just really beating myself up over not being able to beat that boss.

But ya I will farm a few more materials and just remake the lower loran chalice.

Thanks for the morale boost lol it's been a rough week with that place =p

Enjoy your undeserved platinum.
Uhh hmm it's not a breaking any rules or its a competitive situation. Just answering the question and saving time imo. But it's different for each person due to their own morality and ethics. So each their own and I will respect your views.
Anyways let's not derail this thread..

danthefan

Is there anyway to get more than 3 Blood Stone Chunks before Rom? Would like to get my Logarius Wheel to +8 or +9 before that but seems like I've found all that are avaible all ready.

edit. Aside from those Cainhurst Gargoyles.

Tonitrus +6 will be more than enough for Rom.

myco666

Tonitrus +6 will be more than enough for Rom.

I know but I don't want to use that. Just trying to get my Logarius Wheel powerful as early as possible. Apparently +8 is highest you can get at this point without farming those gargoyles with god awful drop rate.

I didn't think insight affected bosses but I just beat
Wet Nurse
rather easily after spending all but 10 insight. Her moveset was definitely easier. Maybe I just got lucky!

Atleast
Micolash
gains ability to warp through mirrors when you have 15 insight. So there is atleast some differences when having more insight.

Silly me, to think I'd be out of the woods after dealing with the defiled watchdog.

Fucking bloodletting beast is ripping me a new one.

EL CUCO

Silly me, to think I'd be out of the woods after dealing with the defiled watchdog.

I found BLB to be relentless. I put up a vid of my fight with him a few pages back. He was absolutely kicking my ass during the first half of the fight. Timing the dodge to the left is a pretty good way of avoiding his attacks. Getting in under him can work for a barrage of damage, even though I never felt comfortable there and basically thought it was more luck than skill that he didn't stomp me out while I was there.https://youtu.be/rdG4QpO9abo

Feindflug

Try to have the camera unlocked and stay in front of him but not too close so you can bait his hands stomping attack then hit him, when he throws the rapid poison projectiles is also a good chance to damage him as well. Also use fire papers, oil urns and equip some visceral runes, they help quite a bit.

The key to this fight is keeping the right distance, just experiment a bit without taking any vials (that's what I'm doing with every new boss fight) to find the sweet spot and then kick his ass.

Thanks guys. Just destroyed him by staying at a safe distance for the first half then under him for the rest, found it safer there because of the worm. I was locked on the whole fight though, it was easier to anticipate his attacks this way for me.

EL CUCO

I had no clue the Saw spear and cleaver do bonus damage to Beasts. I heard ENB mention it in one of his last vids.

danthefan

Just got one shotted by a
fucking giant rock in Nightmare Frontier.
I find stuff like that frustrating tbh. Just came from nowhere. I know about it now but the first death to it feels cheap.

Neoweee

Ah yes you're right, I'd forgotten the struggle actually getting there from Cathedral Ward.

I'm not even referring to struggle to get there. Honestly, level isn't THAT important (Vit +Str/Skl is a better indicator, and even then it doesn't matter that much).

It's hard to get there in a lower level in the sense that the # of Echoes you get from the two bosses on the way there, + your starting level, dump you pretty close to the 30s. So unless you're getting echoes but dying and losing them before you spend them, you'll be in your 30s by the time you get to that zone.

Ferr986

Fucking One Reborn, I always get trapped in his tiny legs when he cast the AoE, one-shooting me (as a helper) lol.

Been helping people thourh Yahar'gul lately, lots of people summoning for co-op there.

That was a fun ride.

kEkiFDY.jpg

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
For those of you that got the platinum what is the hardest part? I hate the dungeons so much. They just seem so tacked on and forced. Not so much becuase they are hard. They just suck...

For those of you that got the platinum what is the hardest part? I hate the dungeons so much. They just seem so tacked on and forced. Not so much becuase they are hard. They just suck...

Definitely the defiled pthumerian. That part was not fun at all.

Campaign was perfect though, always challenging but I never got too frustrated.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Without outside help you need to clear the game at least three times to get the trophy. You didn't do that, you don't deserve the platinum. Obviously it just depends on your point of view but this is mine.

One of the most ridiculous comments I have read on GAF.

god forbid somebody not play the game 3 times...

danthefan

I got a blood gem that adds 16.5% bolt attack to my weapon, so equipped it to try it out, and I seem to be doing a lot less damage than I was before. Is it just that everything I'm attacking is strong to bolt by some coincidence? It only replaced some shitty 0.7% attack gem so it's not that.

Zafir

Yeah, defiled dungeon probably.

Chalice dungeons were just too repetitive for me.

EL CUCO

So I've been grinding echoes to level up my Vit for when I start my defiled chalice dungeon run. I read that anything after 50, the gain is minimal and isnt worth the echoes. I'm at 40 now. You guys think that's enough?

ZQQLANDER

Maybe it's because I'm used to Souls games by now, but Bloodborne seems to me to be significantly easier.

That's not to say it isn't challenging, there just hasn't been that Smough and Ornstein or Four Kings fight that makes me rage....

danthefan

Maybe it's because I'm used to Souls games by now, but Bloodborne seems to me to be significantly easier.

That's not to say it isn't challenging, there just hasn't been that Smough and Ornstein or Four Kings fight that makes me rage....

Was funny with me in DS, took me genuinely 6 months to kill O&S (I stopped playing basically) but I got Four Kings on the first attempt.

So I've been grinding echoes to level up my Vit for when I start my defiled chalice dungeon run. I read that anything after 50, the gain is minimal and isnt worth the echoes. I'm at 40 now. You guys think that's enough?

Other stats? More HP is never wasted since its reduce to half. I think as long as its ~700 when reduced, you should be able to sloppy-ish and be fine :)

Arjen

I think the starting area is one of the hardest in the series. After bsb it's pretty much smooth sailing.

Liethe

Plug in a USB flash drive and upload your save copy there. Beat ending A, load your save file from the USB flash drive. Repeat for ending B and C.

How is that cheating?

I swear people these days....
It's cheating in the same way that using a "level select" cheat in an older game would be cheating. Skipping to the end of the game because you "can't be bothered" to do it the normal way.

Morality on the matter varies because some people don't see it as "cheating" if it does not harm others but the fact remains that it's not part of normal gameplay. It's taking the easy way out. Cutting corners.

Whether you think it's a big deal or not, that's a different can of worms... but outright denying that it's cheating at all is self-deluding at best and seems like overly defensive behavior when all you have to do is admit that you took the lazy way because you don't care.

ZQQLANDER

I think the starting area is one of the hardest in the series. After bsb it's pretty much smooth sailing.

I will agree with this. It does take a little to get going in Bloodborne, but once you get some momentum its easier.

The bosses are SO much quicker in this game it took me a bit to get used to it.

EL CUCO

Other stats? More HP is never wasted since its reduce to half. I think as long as its ~700 when reduced, you should be able to sloppy-ish and be fine :)
I don't remember but I think my HP is around 1400. I have all my other main (str,dex,end) stats at 30. I guess it'll be a test of patience more than anything, at this point. Looking forward to the challenge :)

danthefan

It's cheating in the same way that using a "level select" cheat in an older game would be cheating. Skipping to the end of the game because you "can't be bothered" to do it the normal way.

Morality on the matter varies because some people don't see it as "cheating" if it does not harm others but the fact remains that it's not part of normal gameplay. It's taking the easy way out. Cutting corners.

Whether you think it's a big deal or not, that's a different can of worms... but outright denying that it's cheating at all is self-deluding at best and seems like overly defensive behavior when all you have to do is admit that you took the lazy way because you don't care.

Morality? There is no morality issue here, you say it yourself, it has no bearing on you, me or anyone else if someone uses this method.

I don't see the fuss here at all.

I don't remember but I think my HP is around 1400. I have all my other main (str,dex,end) stats at 30. I guess it'll be a test of patience more than anything, at this point. Looking forward to the challenge :)

You should be fine at those levels, I went in at about average stat 26 and aside from some annoying boss 1-shots it was okay, just make sure enemies don't combo you

Kudo

If they wanted you to clear the game thrice they would have made it very easily so just by adding trophy "Cleared NG+", and saves haven't been cheats before so..
I agree it's the lazy way for platinum but I left my character to Ng+ cause Ng++ would probably be too hard at PVP levels and I want to enjoy the possible DLC too without getting too up in the NG.
Each to their own, wouldn't take many hours to run it legit way so I don't really think it's cheating or a big deal.

EL CUCO

You should be fine at those levels, I went in at about average stat 26 and aside from some annoying boss 1-shots it was okay, just make sure enemies don't combo you
Sounds good. Thanks.

____

Wait, somebody actually said loading up a save at the end for the 3 endings is cheating? Lol
Defiled chalice nerfing your health by halve is the real cheating.

Top Bottom