• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Any recommendations for a Burial Blade build? I am thinking of just going 50 skill and ignoring arcane. From what I hear the arcane scaling is ass? Troubled childhood or Professional?

joecanada

OK so I'm stuck at ailing loran
blood starved beast
Lower Pthumeru Lvl 4
ebretias
And defiled isz
blood letting beast

Any tips?

Definity

Finally killed the Bloodletting Beast in the Pthumeru Ihyll Dungeon. I had all kinds of trouble with him until I figured out you can stay close to his left leg and hack away. One more boss to go!

I-hate-u

I can't even play Scholar of the first sin after this game.
Never played DKS2 before.

Movement is much more restricted, and the game doesn't seem as fast as Bloodborne, despite the 60 fps. Before, I was fine with From making the two series in tandem. I am not sure about that anymore. I feel like reverting to the old system for a Dark Souls 3 will feel like such a set back.

Now, I am eagerly awaiting Bloodborne news next month. This is the first new major blockbuster for Sony this gen, they better fund whatever Miyazaki wants to do for the series.

Yes!!! I finally got the evil abhorrent beast from level 2 lower loran chalice down!!! I took a break and cleared the hinterland chalices and went back to him and did it on my first try. I wore as much bolt/physical resist and runed for all damage/bolt resist and I actually killed him lol!

Now to clear floor 3 for the last jelly, that platinum is getting close =)

I can't even play Scholar of the first sin after this game.
Never played DKS2 before.

Movement is much more restricted, and the game doesn't seem as fast as Bloodborne, despite the 60 fps. Before, I was fine with From making the two series in tandem. I am not sure about that anymore. I feel like reverting to the old system for a Dark Souls 3 will feel like such a set back.

Now, I am eagerly awaiting Bloodborne news next month. This is the first new major blockbuster for Sony this gen, they better fund whatever Miyazaki wants to do for the series.
it could be due to having to level up your adp to get more agility, which lets you have more iframes. And be under 70% of the weight as well.

I-hate-u

it could be due to having to level up your adp to get more agility, which lets you have more iframes. And be under 70% of the weight as well.

I haven't even leveled yet lol. Just a first impression. Alot of the game is bothering me and rubbing me the wrong way. Small things like the way the menu setup, the jump button, and the weird level names
Things Betwixt????
, the awkward movement, just give me this gut reaction:

100.gif

I have played and loved DeS and DkS though. I don't know whats wrong with me.

So just went up against story mode VA, got my ass handed to me lol. Each hit takes away like 1/3 of my health. I think I got her to her second phase because she stopped to roar for a second, glowing gold or yellow.

Maybe I should try Hemwick and try to get some echoes there to level up and get that rune workshop thing.

Korosenai

I'm pretty sure my game is glitched. It is not allowing me to place a chalice at my second ritual altar. It won't let me do anything at it. Anyone else have this happen?

edit: Tried googling it and I only found one person who also had the same problem, and he never found a solution.... this is really weird and it sucks.

inthrall

Anyone free to help with
watchdog of the old lords, v2
? Been stuck on him for a while, im around level 135, add therealinthrall glyph pbd6zbsz

I'm pretty sure my game is glitched. It is not allowing me to place a chalice at my second ritual altar. It won't let me do anything at it. Anyone else have this happen?

edit: Tried googling it and I only found one person who also had the same problem, and he never found a solution.... this is really weird and it sucks.

If it keeps saying you need a holy chalice to interact with it or w/e then just take all of them out of your bank, I had to have all my lower ranked ones on me to open the higher one sometimes, it has to be a bug of some sorts. Hopefully that helps =S

I'm about level 70 (have the game turned off now so not sure precisely).

I have a lot of trouble getting close to him, he spams those skulls and I take loads of damage from them.

First off you want to bait his long range skulls, side step close to him and poke him a few times or to parry his scythe combos. Once you parry and visceral attack, get out since he does a fast AoE if you hang out close by him. Once he gains magical powers and fly around, you want to be dodging and attack from the side since alot of his moves are fast and can trap you in a death combo. When he dives at you from the sky, roll towards him, charged attack + visceral attack. If the he puts his sword in the ground then side steps until its safe then get rid of the sword. Good luck and if you still need help, I think you can summon me.

danthefan

First off you want to bait his long range skulls, side step close to him and poke him a few times or to parry his scythe combos. Once you parry and visceral attack, get out since he does a fast AoE if you hang out close by him. Once he gains magical powers and fly around, you want to be dodging and attack from the side since alot of his moves are fast and can trap you in a death combo. When he dives at you from the sky, roll towards him, charged attack + visceral attack. If the he puts his sword in the ground then side steps until its safe then get rid of the sword. Good luck and if you still need help, I think you can summon me.

Cheers, will give it another go.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
So.. you guys think they'll patch the rifle spear eventually? 'cause I just got the arcane gems on mine and all I gotta say is.. God. Damn.

Edit- yeah, I just murked a boss no sweat. Couldn't lay a finger on me. This shit is getting patched, no doubt.

So.. you guys think they'll patch the rifle spear eventually? 'cause I just got the arcane gems on mine and all I gotta say is.. God. Damn.

Edit- yeah, I just murked a boss no sweat. Couldn't lay a finger on me. This shit is getting patched, no doubt.

I haven't made one, but I feel like maybe I should, just for fun. I'm sure it will be in the next balance patch.

I'm about level 70 (have the game turned off now so not sure precisely).

I have a lot of trouble getting close to him, he spams those skulls and I take loads of damage from them.

You can dash through the 5 skull attack. If you can dash behind him the large skull attack of his becomes ineffectual.

I tried making the rifle spear for fun, but got sick of farming the gems. Too boring.

Anyone free to help with
watchdog of the old lords, v2
? Been stuck on him for a while, im around level 135, add therealinthrall glyph pbd6zbsz

That fight is harder in co-op than alone. Dodge his swings and punish them, learn how he telegraphs the charging attack, punish his lava attack hard.

danthefan

Nah, can't beat ML, just can't. In his second form I can't get out of the way of his attacks, he just runs around pummeling the shit out of me and I don't even have time to heal.

Guess I'll try summon help.

danthefan

Daft question - I've been playing offline mostly because getting invaded holds absolutely no appeal to me, by playing online am I open to invasion or is it only if I ring the Sinister Bell?

cormack12

Gold Member
Daft question - I've been playing offline mostly because getting invaded holds absolutely no appeal to me, by playing online am I open to invasion or is it only if I ring the Sinister Bell?

I think if you summon help 3 or 5 times, it also opens the portal to be invaded? Someone confirm?

If you ring the sinister bell, you're summoning a bell maiden, which opens your game for invaders. But some places have those bell maidens, so anyone can invade you as long as they're alive.

Edit: And also if you summon anyone, you open your game for invaders.

You can only get invaded if 1) during coop however when you enter the boss area or kill the bell ringer, you can no longer get invaded. 2) during 2 areas later on in the game but as soon as you kill the bell ringer, no more invasions 3) ringing the sinister bell.

danthefan

I think if you summon help 3 or 5 times, it also opens the portal to be invaded? Someone confirm?

If you ring the sinister bell, you're summoning a bell maiden, which opens your game for invaders. But some places have those bell maidens, so anyone can invade you as long as they're alive.

Edit: And also if you summon anyone, you open your game for invaders.

You can only get invaded if 1) during coop however when you enter the boss area or kill the bell ringer, you can no longer get invaded. 2) during 2 areas later on in the game but as soon as you kill the bell ringer, no more invasions 3) ringing the sinister bell.

Ok thanks all. I think I'll just stick to offline.

myco666

Ok thanks all. I think I'll just stick to offline.

If you play online and leave messages and someone gives fine rating to them you get all of your life back. It can save you sometimes. There really is no reason to play offline aside from
Nightmare Frontier
and
Nightmare of Mensis
areas until you kill the bell maidens since invasions are super rare execpt for those areas.

Auctopus

Goddamn it... my N
ightmare Lecture Building
trophy glitched :( and it's the only one I'll have left after I finish this playthrough. Ugh.

I'm struggling to understand how it'll be the last trophy after your play through? I assume your PS+ saving to get all three endings but you can't have completed all the Chalice Dungeons before getting to that part of the story, surely?

myco666

Is there anything I will miss by not being able to pick up the
Powder Keg Hunter Badge
?

Couple of weapons but why you are not able to pick it up? If
Djura
dropped to pit you can just quit and start again and the badge should be up at the tower.

Top Bottom