• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

myco666

Whoa.. you can have TWO cooperators? I just summoned a dude for Father G, and then suddently another one showed up during the fight. This never happened on my first playthrough.

You can have atleast two coop players. There have been images with 4 or 5 coop players also so don't really know the limit.

EL CUCO

A good Defiled Watchdog run spoiled by a split second of greed.
UY2a1Qp.jpg

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Hey, if anyone is looking for a Lost Threaded Cane or Lost Kirk Hammer I have a chalice open that has both.

esrat2dh

I wish I could recall exactly where I got them, but I cannot. I only know I've beaten two bosses thus far (both amongst the Lower tier of difficulty).

It's a cursed/fetid/rotted Isz root Chalice.

Woooo final boss in Pthumeru Ihyll
Pthuymeru Queen
is dead on my 2nd try. That was intense! I had a only a fraction of my HP left and no blood vials when I got the final hit on her.

Minamu

Almost there! The last chalice dungeon is still tough, but there shouldn't be as much of a struggle now that there's no handicap.
Well, there's still Amygdala and that whole layer :/ Routhest map so far, but I ran to the boss lever and tried him a few times. Saw that he can be cheezed a bit so will try that tomorrow.

It just becomes overwhelmingly stupid with stuff like that hunter, some enemies being super buffed, and your lack of level progression. I was expecting like half a million souls on main route runs, but it's very close still to NG+ (I'm using 3 echo buff runes). I'm estimating maybe 7-10 level ups on NG++ with the souls you get if you don't kill every little thing or farm. That's nothing. So I can't even get a few more easy slivers to counter-balance 90-98% damage attacks NOT from bosses. The bosses are rag dolls compared to a lot of normal enemies. Chalice dungeons are 100x more balanced then NG++.
That Hunter is just straight OP in general and I don't think they thought to balance him past NG. They gave him a PVP viable build (Bloodtinge spec w/ Chikage & Repeating Pistol) and gave his AI the ability to heal and deny your own healing while having massive HP in addition to being a very smart AI in general.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Is there anyway to playthrough Nightmare of Mensis and places like that without the risk of PVP? I'm fucking sick of trying to farm for echoes and then another player comes and tries to fight.

I recall that you can kill the lady to get rid of it, true?

On Demand

Banned
So i just beat the game. The ending i got was
I'm in the weel chair and the doll says the hunt begins again

Good or bad ending? I admit i never did any side stuff like npc quest. I just focused on the main game. I'll probably do those on my second play trough. I didn't get to see some locations either.

EDIT- When you continue after the ending is that new game plus or do I have to chose new game? I just started right at the beginning with no indication.

So I'm currently in my 2nd run and playing this game with ENBs Lets play and the more I discover and understand from this game, the more I like it. By now I'm positive that it'll end up as one of my favourite games ever. I like it already more than Dark Souls.

That said, I can only recommend everyone ENBs Lets Plays, even if you already found everything. The amount of Lore exposition in his videos is amazing.

Ushiwaka

FINALLY DEFEATED DEFILED AMYGDALA! FUCK THAT BITCH!

God, its such a good feeling to get out of that goddamn defiled dungeon. Got my Blood Gem Master trophy in the first layer of Isz dungeon, too. One more trophy and then Platinum! :D

Dez_

Well, there's still Amygdala and that whole layer :/ Routhest map so far, but I ran to the boss lever and tried him a few times. Saw that he can be cheezed a bit so will try that tomorrow.
Oops, you're right. Forgot about that one. You can definitely cheese Amygdala, stick to attacking the tail during the last part of the fight. Slow, but safe. After the Watchdog, it's not as bad from here on.

Korosenai

I now have these weapons at +10: Ludwig's Holy Blade, Logarius Wheel, Beast Claws, Burial Blade.

Beast Claws are fun, but i'm gonna have to use them a little bit more to get a feel for them. Ludwigs Holy Blade and Logarius Wheel are my two favorite weapons so far.

gunbo13

That Hunter is just straight OP in general and I don't think they thought to balance him past NG. They gave him a PVP viable build (Bloodtinge spec w/ Chikage & Repeating Pistol) and gave his AI the ability to heal and deny your own healing while having massive HP in addition to being a very smart AI in general.
And hits like a truck too. It likely is as you said, an OP build that doesn't scale well. So to beat him (I really need to not nerf my own armor before complaining), there has to be a bit of luck not for him to get a visceral or get him into some pattern where he doesn't do it. It could also be my use of BoM that has him going crazy with gunshots, tele, and viscerals. Yet, I'd rather not change weapons or cheese him.

Regardless, he isn't the only imbalanced enemy but probably the worst. The assholes pictured below take 90% health off in NG++ on a standard attack. I'm using slightly nerfed armor (as stated) but that's a harder hit than the bosses! Large huntsman can also take off near 80%. I cheesed out Abhorrent Beast (doorway trick mostly) cause I have already beaten him multiple times in the dungeons and I can't stand falling off that roof. But if some people saw how hard he hits and how much health he has in NG++...oh boy.
fQYOa4p.jpg

And hits like a trunk too. It likely is as you said, an OP build that doesn't scale well. So to beat him (I really need to not nerf my own armor before complaining), there has to be a bit of luck not for him to get a visceral or get him into some pattern where he doesn't do it. It could also be my use of BoM that has him going crazy with gunshots, tele, and viscerals. Yet, I'd rather not change weapons or cheese him.

Regardless, he isn't the only imbalanced enemy but probably the worst. The assholes pictured below take 90% health off in NG++ on a standard attack. I'm using slightly nerfed armor (as stated) but that's a harder hit then the bosses! Large huntsman can also take off near 80%. I cheesed out Abhorrent Beast (doorway trick mostly) cause I have already beaten him multiple times in the dungeons and I can't stand falling off that roof. But if some people saw how hard he hit and how much health he has in NG++...oh boy.
fQYOa4p.jpg
What is your vitality at? Maybe 50 is a good baseline for NG++

KyleP29

that feeling when you finally have that health down on a boss you have been trying to beat for a half hour and victory is seconds away only to have your power flicker out...sighs, maybe later.

gunbo13

What is your vitality at? Maybe 50 is a good baseline for NG++
50 but I'm using mostly church gear cause I got sick of the other armor looks. Black hat, black top, white bottom, and bone ash gloves. I could spec better but it really won't make that big a difference. I've seen at least 5 types of regular enemy attacks that are in the 80-100% damage range with that combination of armor and vitality. If I'm not mistaken, the parasite enemies grab attack does possibly 100%, the hunter 98% as stated.

Yet I have steamrolled through bosses and tear apart most enemies. There are just certain ones that scale crazy high in NG++.

EDIT:
The 98% though is a combination of gunshot and visceral. Though I figured that was implied.

squidyj

for their next game I really want From to work on a smarter camera and lock on system. the dizzying rotations, the awkwardness if you accidentally get underneath something, the weird angles, it all needs to go.

hitgirl

Having trouble with the first boss in the defiled dungeon. The one with bone armor set. I just think I'm too under-leveld for it, soul level is at 87 and the 50% health means I'm getting one shotted with everything. I'll hit NG+ to get more souls, I need to go through it again to get every weapon anyways.

Neoweee

for their next game I really want From to work on a smarter camera and lock on system. the dizzying rotations, the awkwardness if you accidentally get underneath something, the weird angles, it all needs to go.

From has already done it. There are camera problems whenever there is clutter, or if the lock on target is approximately above you. Don't make the lock points too high, or let players lock on to the legs of tall boss. They did this in Dark Souls 2, and it helped tremendously.

Having trouble with the first boss in the defiled dungeon. The one with bone armor set. I just think I'm too under-leveld for it, soul level is at 87 and the 50% health means I'm getting one shotted with everything. I'll hit NG+ to get more souls, I need to go through it again to get every weapon anyways.

Do you have 50 Vit, and wearing the +HP Runes?

EDIT: But yes, parry. If an enemy looks vaguely human, parry them. That boss can also be cheesed around corners.

Yeah some more HP would help. But for that boss, parry. You can easily parry the boss to death.

gunbo13

Vitality: 50
Endurance: 40
Strength: 35
Skill: 46
Bloodtinge: 38
Arcane: 27

Uncanny BoM with +20.3/20.3/18.8 psyc up.

EDIT:
Hunter down. Didn't respec. Just outplayed him. He did get a visceral stun but he just missed the follow up. We all know how that goes.

His pistol from up close took 70% health. Just the shot. Eekkk

inthrall

Watchdog down! That was a nightmare and a half, the next layer boss seems doable, just gotta be patient. Died twice to his explodey hands hitting me a second time with one attack, so gotta be more careful in his third phase and I'l be fine. Not long until plat now!

I-hate-u

So i just beat the game. The ending i got was
I'm in the weel chair and the doll says the hunt begins again

Good or bad ending? I admit i never did any side stuff like npc quest. I just focused on the main game. I'll probably do those on my second play trough. I didn't get to see some locations either.

EDIT- When you continue after the ending is that new game plus or do I have to chose new game? I just started right at the beginning with no indication.

I kinda spoil an ending in a small way here:
There are no good or bad endings, but, I wouldn't say its the complete ending because you missed a secret boss fight. At least, the way you did it, will give you a cool new weapon.
The game throws you into NG+ right away.

squidyj

From has already done it. There are camera problems whenever there is clutter, or if the lock on target is approximately above you. Don't make the lock points too high, or let players lock on to the legs of tall boss. They did this in Dark Souls 2, and it helped tremendously.

Do you have 50 Vit, and wearing the +HP Runes?

EDIT: But yes, parry. If an enemy looks vaguely human, parry them. That boss can also be cheesed around corners.

the other issue with lockon is relative movement. like if a dude is in front of me and we move past each other quite quickly, it either drops the lock or does a dizzying rotation. it'd be great if it could just try to keep both of us in the frame with the minimum movement.

gunbo13

This fucking game. Failed the Old Workshop wacky jump cause some invisible board piece slightly altered my trajectory like it was guiding me softly to death. Tried again, a different invisible piece altered my trajectory but I landed on an invisible board edge successfully. Basically I just did the jump with no actual lumber involved. Take 5 lumber, there are invisible forces at play beyond both our understanding.

III-V

Defiled Chalice:

Keeper of the Old Lords (Layer 1) - 1st attempt
Watch Dog of the Old Lords (Layer 2) - 1st attempt
Amygdala (Layer 3) - I am struggle at over 30+ attempts and no win

So many OHK attacks :(

I am able to get one visceral off, but never see another, even when I attack his face only during the first 2 phases. What gives?

You're nigh a beast of the field, but here you are, treading a measure with the gods.

Oh Amygdala, oh Amygdala...
Have mercy on the poor bastard...

benjammin

Is there anyway to playthrough Nightmare of Mensis and places like that without the risk of PVP? I'm fucking sick of trying to farm for echoes and then another player comes and tries to fight.

I recall that you can kill the lady to get rid of it, true?

Yes, just select play offline when you first start up the game.

Alternatively you can kill the bell ringing woman, but depending on the shortcuts you have unlocked it may take some time to get to her. Location spoiler:
shes on the balcony adjacent to the spider room in mensis

squidyj

Defiled Chalice:

Keeper of the Old Lords (Layer 1) - 1st attempt
Watch Dog of the Old Lords (Layer 2) - 1st attempt
Amygdala (Layer 3) - I am struggle at over 30+ attempts and no win

So many OHK attacks :(

I am able to get one visceral off, but never see another, even when I attack his face only during the first 2 phases. What gives?

You're nigh a beast of the field, but here you are, treading a measure with the gods.

Oh Amygdala, oh Amygdala...
Have mercy on the poor bastard...

His whole thing is learning how to get inside his slams and smack his head. the easiest is when he does left then right, I never get hit by that. What weapon are you using and what's your vitality?

III-V

His whole thing is learning how to get inside his slams and smack his head. the easiest is when he does left then right, I never get hit by that. What weapon are you using and what's your vitality?

I am using my +10 whip. 50 vit. The first two phases are nothing but run + L2 to the face.

I agree there are a bunch of her attacks that leave her vulnerable to head beatings. I usually try to bait this attack and punish his head, but I never get more than one visceral attempt and when she rips off his arms and attacks, I can't bait her in front anymore due to the ridiculous hit boxes on them. At this point I try to work her side, but inevitably I get hit by a jump attack or sideswipe and I am dead.

SpokkX

So will we see a patch that fixes the frame pacing issues?

Any word when the next patch could hit? Has been a while since 1.03 now...

Zee-Row

Banned
Finally got the a platinum for this game. It wasn't really that bad other than the chalice dungeon trophy. The defiled chalice should have been the last one because that one gave me the most problems.

III-V

Anyone have any tips for
Vicar Amelia
?

I have a Saw Cleaver+3 and LHB+1. I'm level 40, I think.

You can use a numbing mist when she begins to heal. If you do not have any, I remember using an oil urn and a molotov during my first play thru at each healing stage.

Other than that, I think you can find some shards about for upgrading the saw cleaver a bit more.

You can use a numbing mist when she begins to heal. If you do not have any, I remember using an oil urn and a molotov during my first play thru at each healing stage.

Other than that, I think you can find some shards about for upgrading the saw cleaver a bit more.
Thanks. I have about 8 numbing mists, but I died before I got her to healing phase. I think I may need to upgrade my weapons some more. Need about 13 blood shards to get my LHB to +3 and then need some twin blood shards to further upgrade them.

Played a more of NG+. I need to stop playing this game. On the plus side, I got to Father Gascoigne and obliterated him (he caused me the most grief by far in my first run). I think I got the catharsis I needed.

I looked at my timer. 60 hours. It's pretty terrifying to think that it took my 30 hours to get to the point past blood starved beast, and 30 hours to finish the game, do a fair amount of chalices (just starting defiled), and some amount of NG+. I think the beginning of the game is too hard, especially for beginners. There is hand holding, and there is outright sadism.

Thanks. I have about 8 numbing mists, but I died before I got her to healing phase. I think I may need to upgrade my weapons some more. Need about 13 blood shards to get my LHB to +3 and then need some twin blood shards to further upgrade them.

Firepaper is very useful. Attack a limb, after doing enough damage to a leg, it will break the "armor" allowing you to perform a visceral attack. The werewolves in Old Yharnam drop alot of shards.

Anyone have any tips for
Vicar Amelia
?

I have a Saw Cleaver+3 and LHB+1. I'm level 40, I think.

Try not to be behind her, her hair makes it very hard to see the attacks and moves. Try to be most of the time on her right side (the hand that is holding the pendant). From that side is easy to avoid the sweeping attacks and combos she does with her right arm, which IMO, are more deadly and annoying.

Even so, take care of her jumping back attack he does with the left arm. So never get greedy and never run out of stamina.

I didn't used Numbing mist, just hit her hard when she heals. Later she gains a few more attacks and some deadly combos, but is just a matter of learning the pattern and mostly evading to her right.

Arcane early game is so much fun. Motolov Cocktails are like a pseudo-spell you can cast since they scale with Arcane. It's like being a Pyromancer in a way.

EL CUCO

Defiled Perro Caliente down.

Didn't even break a sweat.
Time for A
mygdala
_____
Question about coop in the Dungeons: My friend and I are both at Defiled, layer 3. I don't see the option to search for his glyph at my altar. Am I supposed to search for it somewhere else?

Try not to be behind her, her hair makes it very hard to see the attacks and moves. Try to be most of the time on her right side (the hand that is holding the pendant). From that side is easy to avoid the sweeping attacks and combos she does with her right arm, which IMO, are more deadly and annoying.

Even so, take care of her jumping back attack he does with the left arm. So never get greedy and never run out of stamina.

I didn't used Numbing mist, just hit her hard when she heals. Later she gains a few more attacks and some deadly combos, but is just a matter of learning the pattern and mostly evading to her right.

The 4-5 werewolves at the bottom area around the bridge before you enter the BSB/Paarl area.
Thanks. :D

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
If you're looking for an easy BLOOD ROCK I found one in A sinister Lower Loran chalice with a sinister bell rite.

ng6pcuqi

It's in the red side door on the way to the boss of that level, guarded by a silver beast. First layer. Easy peasy.

Top Bottom