• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

cormack12

Gold Member
If you play online and leave messages and someone gives fine rating to them you get all of your life back. It can save you sometimes.

How does this work? I've left some notes and see an ocassional popup that says 'One of your notes was rated fine'. Does it give me health back at that exact point? Also, do my messages only appear in other worlds as long as I am online too or do they save in some sort of 'world state?'

Anyway, Paarl down now and I have either Forbidden Woods or Cainhurst to go through. Think I'm going to stick with the woods for now. Went to Cainhurst and those weird spider crawlers just wiped me.

Copenap

Looks like really nobody want to coop Rom. It's not even like don't think I could beat him on my own it's just that atm I don't want to bother with it...

danthefan

Looks like really nobody want to coop Rom. It's not even like don't think I could beat him on my own it's just that atm I don't want to bother with it...

What level are you? I don't mind helping, I'm about 71 though so not sure if I'd be in range?

I've never helped out in coop before though, do I just go near the boss door and ring the bell?

Copenap

What level are you? I don't mind helping, I'm about 71 though so not sure if I'd be in range?

I've never helped out in coop before though, do I just go near the boss door and ring the bell?
I'm level 45, so I guess you're out of range? I'm standing right in front of the door to the balcony.

Jellie

Started a new play through and went to kill
Henryk
. Killed him but I'm confused about why
the lamp isnt broken since I can still use the lamp to travel in both directions.
Any reason why?

is it common to beat Father G first try? i did and i was so proud lol. got totally lucky about 6 times though, i really should have died.

Blood-starved Beast also ALMOST went down first try, but goddamnit i again missed several molotovs :| then he completely slayed me in subsequent attempts and i still just can't do it. so typical for me.

danthefan

is it common to beat Father G first try? i did and i was so proud lol. got totally lucky about 6 times though, i really should have died.

Blood-starved Beast also ALMOST went down first try, but goddamnit i again missed several molotovs :| then he completely slayed me in subsequent attempts and i still just can't do it. so typical for me.

Both of those bosses are considered quite tough so you're doing well. BSB especially seems to be troublesome.

Just got one shotted by a
fucking giant rock in Nightmare Frontier.
I find stuff like that frustrating tbh. Just came from nowhere. I know about it now but the first death to it feels cheap.

Wow. You can see their positions from a mile away, as well as their
animation to pic up the boulders and throw them

The very easiest way I found to deal with them is to pop Blue Elixers if you have them. You'll be invisible to them until right next to them. Not needed, but good insurance.

Don't engage enemies, if
those rock giants are positioned above you
. Just run if you don't have cover to fight behind.

And if you thought this felt cheap at first,
Nightmares get worse. Shit gets real later in the game. But you'll be all right :)

danthefan

Wow. You can see their positions from a mile away, as well as their
animation to pic up the boulders and throw them

The very easiest way I found to deal with them is to pop Blue Elixers if you have them. You'll be invisible to them until right next to them. Not needed, but good insurance.

Don't engage enemies, if
those rock giants are positioned above you
. Just run if you don't have cover to fight behind.

And if you thought this felt cheap at first,
Nightmares get worse. Shit gets real later in the game. But you'll be all right :)

Thanks, I cleared that area yesterday. I was annoyed at the time because I ran through the cave to get the critter guy, looked to my right, and then just died. From then on I knew it was coming.

myco666

How does this work? I've left some notes and see an ocassional popup that says 'One of your notes was rated fine'. Does it give me health back at that exact point? Also, do my messages only appear in other worlds as long as I am online too or do they save in some sort of 'world state?'

When you get message you will get all your health back or atleast huge amount of it. I am not sure do you need to be online for others to see them but I think that you need to be.

danthefan

Ok wtf is up with
The One Reborn
? It was easier than some common enemies you come across. It genuinely didn't attack me for about the send half of the fight, I just wailed on it til it died.

Xeteh

Ok wtf is up with
The One Reborn
? It was easier than some common enemies you come across. It genuinely didn't attack me for about the send half of the fight, I just wailed on it til it died.

Its a weird fight. Sometimes it is totally inept and does nothing to you... Other times you get stun locked by its smaller legs and nuked by spells

I-hate-u

Ok wtf is up with
The One Reborn

I was getting owned by it for a while by playing passive.

PerZona

Finally completed the game and defeating
Gehrman and Moon Presence
in my first run. Now onwards to NG+!

This game has exceeded all my expectations and it's probably one of my top 10 favorite games. It's phenomenal that From Software could make such a amazing game without a proper story, it's just pure gameplay (and not to mention the art/soundtrack too) that's awesome here. Hats off to the developers at From Software!

Late Flag

Starting a new character build around BoM is like activating hard mode. I had grown accustomed to the reach and stagger ability of Ludwigs, and the lack of either has been quite an adjustment. The stunlock is nice, but I get hit a lot more than I used to. Definitely breaking out the cane when I need something with reach and crowd control.

danthefan

I have definitely never been as frustrated by a game as by this one. Upper Cathedral Ward brain sucking bastards this time. Blargh.

I've been using the small form of Ludwig's a bit recently and I'm really liking it. It's so much faster and I can get so many more hits in within my stamina gauge.

Edit -
Celestial Emissary
down now, another joke boss. I'm terrible at this game and got it first time.

Auctopus

It's so funny throughout this thread reading posts like "Used the echoes glitch but just for fun!" or "Nobody is fucking co-oping, I don't need the help, I just wanted to co-op"

It's okay to say that you need help, jesus. You don't need to preface everything with a comment that the game is definitely not getting the better of you.

Late Flag

Do I have to do all the non root chalices to get all trophies, etc?

No. You have to do all the non-root Pthumerian chalices, and you have to do a couple of the non-root Loran chalices. If you're in NG+ and have access to red jellies, you technically don't have to touch the Hinterland or Isz chalices.

I'm struggling to understand how it'll be the last trophy after your play through? I assume your PS+ saving to get all three endings but you can't have completed all the Chalice Dungeons before getting to that part of the story, surely?
I have got to that part of the story though :/ I've been to it adn the trophy just didn't pop. Also tried the A
mygdala
shortcut and that didn't work either.

danthefan

By far my most successful day so far, four bosses down:
Martyr L, One Reborn, Ebrietas, Celestial E.

I believe at this point I'm close to finished the game?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
No. You have to do all the non-root Pthumerian chalices, and you have to do a couple of the non-root Loran chalices. If you're in NG+ and have access to red jellies, you technically don't have to touch the Hinterland or Isz chalices.

I did all of the Pthumerian ones. I have the Loran one from Amy. So basically just start from there? I also have a Hintertomb chalice and of course the Ise one from Ebrietas.

Gehrman
is really showing up my reflexes, I blame it on old age,he's far too quick for me, I can get him down to about a third of health then he just destroys me.

Minamu

Goddamn, Defile Watchdog was a pain in the ass :lol Must've been over 50 tries because my playstyle was stupid xD Probably went through over 200 vials. Finally done with that shit, on to the next one!!

Dez_

Goddamn, Defile Watchdog was a pain in the ass :lol Must've been over 50 tries because my playstyle was stupid xD Probably went through over 200 vials. Finally done with that shit, on to the next one!!

Almost there! The last chalice dungeon is still tough, but there shouldn't be as much of a struggle now that there's no handicap.

gunbo13

And I'm now...done. The hunter at the end of Eileen's quest takes 98% of your health on a visceral, 50 vitality, on NG++. I'm not exaggerating, 98%. He also can do this basically whenever he wants. It's on AI scheduling, not balanced anymore. Worse is if he is late, you are guaranteed dead from a two hit R1 with hit stun. I can beat him but it's like rolling the dice. If the AI feels like killing you? You are dead. Plain and simple, no other way to look at it.

The more I play the game past the first play-through, the more I keep finding combat flaws all over. And for those who say that the game is "fair" with its deaths? That applies to your first play-through and maybe NG+. Chalice dungeons are so-so. You forgive major issues with the combat since you don't die. You pop a vial and move on. You don't question too much how that attack hit you when you weren't even close.

NG++ is a stupid grind. You don't get that many souls so your leveling is boring. And you end up wanting so much to skip stupid sections of the title, which makes you just gradually speed run. The bosses are actually the easiest part, it's the rest of the game that is full of complete bullshit. All those wonky hit-boxes and stupid damage mean deaths. And I'm not even dying a lot in NG++, just in very dumb ways. Getting stuck on a 5 pound rock leading to my death, enemies who magically hit behind them with side strikes, 90% damage from unexpected sources (RE4 heads in FW), dogs who for some reason have collision walls on movement the size of a broad street, etc...

Great game but I wish I stopped at NG+, even though BoM are fun. I absolutely wreck bosses. The more you dig into the game though, the more the flaws are magnified, and the less fun the game is.

EDIT:
Hit almost 100 hours. All major chalice, up to NG++. Money's worth, check.

rezuth

So I finished the game... What do I do now? I've started replaying but I mean its just the same? Can I get better weapons? Better armor? Is there any reason at all to keep playing?

NG++ is the new high number for NG progression it seems. NG+ got buffed in difficulty a lot after how it was basically easy mode in Dark Souls.

Whoa.. you can have TWO cooperators? I just summoned a dude for Father G, and then suddently another one showed up during the fight. This never happened on my first playthrough.

Korosenai

And I'm now...done. The hunter at the end of Eileen's quest takes 98% of your health on a visceral, 50 vitality, on NG++. I'm not exaggerating, 98%. He also can do this basically whenever he wants. It's on AI scheduling, not balanced anymore. Worse is if he is late, you are guaranteed dead from a two hit R1 with hit stun. I can beat him but it's like rolling the dice. If the AI feels like killing you? You are dead. Plain and simple, no other way to look at it.

The more I play the game past the first play-through, the more I keep finding combat flaws all over. And for those who say that the game is "fair" with its deaths? That applies to your first play-through and maybe NG+. Chalice dungeons are so-so. You forgive major issues with the combat since you don't die. You pop a vial and move on. You don't question too much how that attack hit you when you weren't even close.

NG++ is a stupid grind. You don't get that many souls so your leveling is boring. And you end up wanting so much to skip stupid sections of the title, which makes you just gradually speed run. The bosses are actually the easiest part, it's the rest of the game that is full of complete bullshit. All those wonky hit-boxes and stupid damage mean deaths. And I'm not even dying a lot in NG++, just in very dumb ways. Getting stuck on a 5 pound rock leading to my death, enemies who magically hit behind them with side strikes, 90% damage from unexpected sources (RE4 heads in FW), dogs who for some reason have collision walls on movement the size of a broad street, etc...

Great game but I wish I stopped at NG+, even though BoM are fun. I absolutely wreck bosses. The more you dig into the game though, the more the flaws are magnified, and the less fun the game is.

EDIT:
Hit almost 100 hours. All major chalice, up to NG++. Money's worth, check.
I got lucky and beat that Hunter on my first try ever playing against it on ng++. Didn't find it that hard, though it didn't visceral me any.

gunbo13

NG++ is the new high number for NG progression it seems. NG+ got buffed in difficulty a lot after how it was basically easy mode in Dark Souls.
It's stupid though. I beat BSB, CB, Father G, Pearl, the shadows, witch (of course), and One Reborn in one try. Vicar got me on some BS pounce, grrr. I'm right before the lecture hall, so it isn't hard in that way. It just becomes overwhelmingly stupid with stuff like that hunter, some enemies being super buffed, and your lack of level progression. I was expecting like half a million souls on main route runs, but it's very close still to NG+ (I'm using 3 echo buff runes). I'm estimating maybe 7-10 level ups on NG++ with the souls you get if you don't kill every little thing or farm. That's nothing. So I can't even get a few more easy slivers to counter-balance 90-98% damage attacks NOT from bosses. The bosses are rag dolls compared to a lot of normal enemies. Chalice dungeons are 100x more balanced then NG++.
I got lucky and beat that Hunter on my first try ever playing against it on ng++. Didn't find it that hard, though it didn't visceral me any.
Lucky is the key word and you wouldn't find it hard if you weren't one-shotted each death. I played him with BoM about 5 times. 5 deaths from viscerals. I had to pop vials at nearly full health since 100% is the only way not to die. And if you get hit, you have to use 3 vials to get back to form. Which basically means I'm popping vials almost constantly due to the stupid damage scaling.

It's bad design. Try fighting him with another weapon maybe and I doubt it will be as forgiving. BoM does present its own challenges. I have a combat advantage over the hunter minus the viserals. Which is basically hammer of dawn crap.

EDIT:
I should note that I'm handicapping myself a bit with church gear. Oops. But it doesn't make that much a difference.

NeeL

Neo Member
Having trouble defeating the final boss. If anyone wants to help me out now, feel free to add me: neel_r. i'm level 92, first playthough. Thanks!

lunlunqq

Thanks. I've jut gotten into
Nightmare of Mensis
, what's the other area?
nightmare frontier
if you haven't done it. If you've done it, then one less area and one less boss.

Btw, for those of you who are farming for gems, I got this cursed izs dungeon which is great for farming arcane +70+ gem. rc683bvq. There is a brain sucker guarding the layer 1 unlock lever (immediately to the right after you enter the main area) and the boss is a brain sucker, too.

Can anyone help with
bloodletting beast
in Pthumeru ihyll? Glyph code x5gkjugd
I'm level 146

Edit nvm. Killed him lol. Easy once I stayed up close and dodged his attacks. Now onto final boss!

danthefan

nightmare frontier
if you haven't done it. If you've done it, then one less area and one less boss.

Btw, for those of you who are farming for gems, I got this cursed izs dungeon which is great for farming arcane +70+ gem. rc683bvq. There is a brain sucker guarding the layer 1 unlock lever (immediately to the right after you enter the main area) and the boss is a brain sucker, too.

Oh yeah I did that yesterday, thanks. So looks like
Mensis
is it.

Nah, can't beat ML, just can't. In his second form I can't get out of the way of his attacks, he just runs around pummeling the shit out of me and I don't even have time to heal.

Guess I'll try summon help.

Don't give up, I had a hard time with him as well but got him on my 4th try and then went on to help a friend with the same. Once you get his attacks down, it's just a matter of timing and patience.

Just lost 300k echoes because I sprinted on to the elevator without realizing it wasn't up...

Haha I've done that once as well. My echoes spawned back at the top though.

Top Bottom