• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
yep. if your weapon is all physical then it will convert all damage to fire which will only scale off of the arcane scaling on your weapon.
i see, and I'm only going to ever get my arcane to 15 to use the Blades of Mercy (when I find them, finally, somewhere ;_;). So no fire for me!

butman

If i'm not into online gaming and secondary missions, is mandatory to do a run on Chalice Dungeons if i only want to finish the main game? Or i will miss something?

I'm asking this because i just killed the Blood-starved beast and obtained Pthumeru Chalice. And i don't known where to go next.

If i'm not into online gaming and secondary missions, is mandatory to do a run on Chalice Dungeons if i only want to finish the main game? Or i will miss something?

I'm asking this because i just killed the Blood-starved beast and obtained Pthumeru Chalice. And i don't known where to go next.

Chalice Dungeons are completely optional and you won't miss anything crucial. You can get one/two armor sets, find gem stones and upgrade materials and different versions of weapons (which are the same you find in the main game but with different gem slots). But they're not required to finish the game.

butman

Chalice Dungeons are completely optional and you won't miss anything crucial. You can get one/two armor sets, find gem stones and upgrade materials and different versions of weapons (which are the same you find in the main game but with different gem slots). But they're not required to finish the game.

Thank you sir!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
man what are the
big silver spindly centipede things with chest-mouths that shoot fireballs
called? crazy ass design

joecanada

Still going through the game very slowly - The last bosses I beat were
Amelia and the witches. I got kidnapped
and cleared+looted the whole area, but the boss is seriously wrecking my shit. I'm getting one or two shotted by some of the bigger attacks and I'm having trouble figuring out their hitboxes. So I ended up going back to explore elsewhere for now.

Is this
three hunters thing that area to the right of Amelia's room? I only saw two hunters there, and eventually managed to beat them by luring them out and taking them on one at a time. Didn't see a third one so I'm not sure if that's the spot that everyone is talking about.

I am completely lost in this game at this point. I found my way into the
forest, went in one way and came out to the area near where the game started, but didn't find a boss anywhere. Then I explored the blood clinic starting area, found out that the lady talking behind the door had become some kind of crazy mad scientist and killed her (she was a pain in the ass to fight). Not sure if that's what I was supposed to do but she dropped a pretty good rune in the process. Then I managed to get into Cainhurst but
again, not sure if I'm even supposed to be here because the first enemies I encountered there twoshotted me.

Oh well, wandering around aimlessly is kind of part of the game.

if you want some hints:

you went kind of toward the left in the forrest, which is good, you got back to the clinic, but if you go more to the right, i
ts more open, that will lead you toward the eventual end, you can almost just follow the "beaten path' and later the lanterns when it gets dark. its long but there is only one beaten path, which you can sprint down pretty much.

cainhurst, the
dudes you meet outside the castle are widely regarded as some of the tougher in the game, you can safely run into the castle after collecting stuff and ignore them. you will be fine inside. other than the boss who I missed on my first play (so not sure how tough the boss is).

So has anyone been able to open that door under the giant with a wrecking ball?

I assume it will be a DLC area since the bridge it connects to doesn't seem to be the same one as Central Yharnam..

So has anyone been able to open that door under the giant with a wrecking ball?

I assume it will be a DLC area since the bridge it connects to doesn't seem to be the same one as Central Yharnam..
It is the bridge where you fought the cleric beast. You can toss coins and walk there. The coins will show up there.

Majmun

that's an awfully generous name, lmao. they remind me of gaping dragon a bit

Haven't played the Chalice Dungeon? Those createrus are sometimes underground. You can only see their shiny flower above the ground. Like a lure. Get near the flower and that beast will come up and attack you.

Experien

Huh, that's interesting. I Wonder why it can't be opened then..

Most likely they were planning alternate routes, maybe give you an option to not do Father G but instead decided to cancel it. Or it was a backup short cut to get to that area but they decided to just do a Cathedral Ward lamp so easier to just close it out?

Hello Bloodborne GAF

so I've just killed
Amygdala in the Nightmare frontier.
Where do I go now ??
How far am i from the end of the game ?

EL CUCO

Am I crazy, or is each Ritual Altar basically a chalice dungeon save file? I was completely ignoring them until I finished the story, so apologies if I'm super late lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Haven't played the Chalice Dungeon? Those createrus are sometimes underground. You can only see their shiny flower above the ground. Like a lure. Get near the flower and that beast will come up and attack you.
hm? sure I have. I was just wondering what they were called. hah, to finish my train of thought I guess, when I said it was a generous name, this would be like calling the gaping dragon the Tiny Alligator

spliced

Closing in on the end, the game sorta has that same drop off as Dark Souls in the second half. The first half is pretty amazing stuff for the most part with good enemies and neat level design. I really liked the Yahar'gul concept, I wish they would have reused that somewhere else like maybe Cainhurst which was a wasted opportunity. I'm glad they
mixed the bosses up at the end
, I was getting worried after fighting Cleric, BSB and Amelia it was
just gonna be mostly samey feeling beasts
. I would have switched out
Amelia with someone Like Mergo or Micolash to have a better balance.
I don't like the multiplayer in this game, they turned it into total trash. With the other games they felt like they had a good core but just had a few issues(some big some small). In this game it's rotten to the core, the PvP just feels like some crappy twitchy fighting game. The co-op is way worse, the Chalice Dungeons concept seems so opposite of the whole spirit of these games with it's password dungeons. Then on top of that there are hardly any NPC summons, what a joke.

So much for the difficult run backs in this game, I think it has the easiest paths back to bosses of all the BloodSouls games.

Lastly, Frenzy is the Bed of Chaos of status effects.

Novocaine

Working my way towards the final part of the Eileen quest line again. Last time something happened and I didn't get the trophy for it. Does anybody know if there's a common issue with this? Because I don't want to have to do this again.

I have to do this last run to get the 3rd ending and then I'll be done with the platinum trophy. Decided to play around with the Kirkhammer this run, having a good time with it.

III-V

I kind of hate you a little bit for beating Watchdog on your first attempt. That guy took me 20+ tries easily and was the hardest boss in the game for me.

That said, Amygdala was easy as hell, and I killed her by accident while trying to learn her moves. Her jump attack is extremely exploitable.

well then you will die laughing when I tell you that she continues to kill me. 50+ attempts.

Edit: Her jump attack is exploitable? thats where she lands on me and I die OHK.

easy way to kill that pos.

-weapon extended at all times
-do not lock the camera
-run to the tip of the tail where it looks like a fork and stick to it.
-Amygdala will attack and rotate a bit in the process. do one R1 attack. its only about 100 damage but every little bit counts. always stick to the tail.
-if Amygdala jumps stand still and charge your R2 attack right away. it wont hurt you when it lands and you should be able to hit its head and get 1000ish points of damage. you only get one shot to land the hit then must quickly run back to the tail.
-repeat this until the last 1/3 of its health. at this point you still use the same tactics but Amygdala jumps away from you so you'll have to chase it down to attack but you can get a few hits in each time.

the only attack you have to worry about using this method is the multi punch under the legs. typically its avoidable but ive noticed the hit boxes can be garbage at times and screw you over. its a one hit kill if you don't have a full life bar or are under leveled so always stay full health no matter what.

Ok, I will try this as well.

well then you will die laughing when I tell you that she continues to kill me. 50+ attempts.

Edit: Her jump attack is exploitable? thats where she lands on me and I die OHK.
Just roll away right before she lands, she won't hit you.
Gotta be calm and not roll too early.

Really ?! I didnt know that.... god that area was just too hard.
Yharhagul and the unborn one
?! yes.
After defeating the
One Reborn
you should've moved ahead a bit and saw a corpse sitting on a chair with a cage around the head.
Closing in on the end, the game sorta has that same drop off as Dark Souls in the second half. The first half is pretty amazing stuff for the most part with good enemies and neat level design. I really liked the Yahar'gul concept, I wish they would have reused that somewhere else like maybe Cainhurst which was a wasted opportunity. I'm glad they
I don't like the multiplayer in this game, they turned it into total trash. With the other games they felt like they had a good core but just had a few issues(some big some small). In this game it's rotten to the core, the PvP just feels like some crappy twitchy fighting game. The co-op is way worse, the Chalice Dungeons concept seems so opposite of the whole spirit of these games with it's password dungeons. Then on top of that there are hardly any NPC summons, what a joke.

So much for the difficult run backs in this game, I think it has the easiest paths back to bosses of all the BloodSouls games.

I have to disagree with your assessment. How does the game "fall off" near the end? And the twitchy fighting is just fast pace from pussy turtling for a backstab and hexing nonsense. Perhaps it's too fast past for you but I don't see PvP being rotten to core. At all.

EL CUCO

I'm really enjoying these chalice dungeons. Idky people dog them so much. It's nice to have this extra meat to chew on after you finish the game.

Just opened up Great Isz. Looks pretty cool in here. Wish I had a blacklight

gunbo13

Most chalice Amagdala strats are way overdone. Until her last phase you can play smart beating down on her arms, even her head. In the last phase, you can stay in close and take out the legs. All the cheese moves work but are not necessary.

Skii

I vehemently disagree. It doesn't drop off at all personally. Even if you were to claim it does, you can't possibly think it drops off like Dark Souls?! If anything, some of the later areas like
Nightmare of Mensis, middle floor, Cainhurst and Upper Cathedral Ward
have been some of my favourite areas. Great level design and lore implications. The bosses in those aeas have been brilliant fights as well.

Also think it's harsh to criticise the ease of creating shortcuts and so on. It should be commended for having such great level design that you can bypass an entire level with a shortcut you discovered. Also, considering resources are finite, I'm pretty sure the easier short cut paths to bosses is to ensure you don't go in with less than optimal vials and QS bullets.

Exit out of the game and go to your settings. You can retrieve cloud saves, if you are a PS+ user. Check the date on the save and see if it's worth doing. It may be a day old, or possibly a few hours.

As an aside, if you find any Umbilical Chords, don't consume them. That way, you can use your save to get all of the endings without replaying the game completely.
You can do more advanced chalice dungeons to find additional Blood Rocks. But that takes time of course.
Hmmmm, I've made it to the defiled chalice. Haven't done any roots, and skipped Lower Loran chalice.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
so far, this
hunter that eileen got fucked up by
is the biggest challenge I've encountered, goddamn. I know he can be cheesed but that's not happening.

Stillmatic

Most chalice Amagdala strats are way overdone. Until her last phase you can play smart beating down on her arms, even her head. In the last phase, you can stay in close and take out the legs. All the cheese moves work but are not necessary.

Pretty much. I just stayed at a distance, when she slams her arms I went in for a swipe at them, or if I could get in early enough get a swipe on her head (which wasn't often). The last phase was unintentionally easy with her just jumping with her back to me.

BokehKing

Banned
Exit out of the game and go to your settings. You can retrieve cloud saves, if you are a PS+ user. Check the date on the save and see if it's worth doing. It may be a day old, or possibly a few hours.

It was never saves to the cloud to begin with
I have another hunter, but this means I have to try to beat gasgoine again

Top Bottom