• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

EL CUCO

I finally broke down and bought a PS4 and this game.

I'm level 21 right now and I just took down
the Cleric Beast
. This game is fucking hard, but I love it. He was absolutely wrecking me, it took about 10 tries before I 'got it' and took him out in two more attempts. Not bad.
Congrats. Game is amazing. Hopefully you haven't spoiled yourself too much, because it only gets better.

Copenap

Getting seriously pissed off by Rom. If anybody is willing to help me out I would highly appreciate that. Level 46 standing in front of the balcony door.

Doomsayer

Congrats. Game is amazing. Hopefully you haven't spoiled yourself too much, because it only gets better.

I always knew I was going to get the game, so I went on media blackout after the
Cleric Beast
was revealed. I'm having an amazing time so far.

Should I be spoiling all boss names? Just curious.

Also - is it worth it to level up Arcane and Bloodtinge?

Ushiwaka

HOLY SHIT at P
thumerian
D
escendant
's shout in Ihyll lvl 1. Got him to his second phase and that shout he does when he wants to go into the 2nd phase just made me literally jump up on my chair. and I had the game's sound at 50% too. lol.

Getting seriously pissed off by Rom. If anybody is willing to help me out I would highly appreciate that. Level 46 standing in front of the balcony door.
I might be able to help you out. I need to see what level I am but I think I am around there. Let me know if you still need help.

EL CUCO

I always knew I was going to get the game, so I went on media blackout after the
Cleric Beast

I went on the same type of blackout. Best thing I could've done.

I'm sure by now most people know the bosses names, lol I guess it's more about preventing from spoiling the strat or appearance.

I wouldn't worry about Arcane and Bloodtinge too much for your first character. It can be fun, but it has very specific uses.

If you're looking for an easy BLOOD ROCK I found one in A sinister Lower Loran chalice with a sinister bell rite.

ng6pcuqi

It's in the red side door on the way to the boss of that level, guarded by a silver beast. First layer. Easy peasy.

Can someone help me on this, I'm on NG+ doing some of the harder chalice dungeons, and this is my first time trying the search function. I typed these exact characters into the search on an empty tombstone and it said no results...Does that mean the person deleted it already? I really want to bump another weapon or two up to +10

Korosenai

I have become a Great One

CE0pGneVEAA8PWf.jpg

CE0ozVGUkAAGQZ4.jpg

I gave up on waiting :(
So you manage to beat rom with another cooper? Or give up trying to beat rom for now? Sorry just want to make sure I get what you mean :p but if it's the later let me know when you are able to get on again. That way I will be able to help you out.

Cleric Beast

There are some neat weapons you can use with high Arcane and Bloodtinge stats but they are a little more obscure and not generally great for a first run. My advice would be to ignore those two for now and focus on strength and/or skill for your attack stat(s).

On the final boss in Defiled dungeon. I'm using BoM. I can get the boss to their final stage pretty quick. Then I try and just stay on the tail, get a few hits in, wait for them to jump away.

Is fighting them face to face a strategy at all in the final stage? Do I need to dodge forwards into them when
she does her sweep or smash attacks with her torn off arms?

knitoe

On the final boss in Defiled dungeon. I'm using BoM. I can get the boss to their final stage pretty quick. Then I try and just stay on the tail, get a few hits in, wait for them to jump away.

Is fighting them face to face a strategy at all in the final stage? Do I need to dodge forwards into them when
she does her sweep or smash attacks with her torn off arms?

I fought it face to face. Would be hard with BoM.

My strategy is to
strafe circle the arena right, dodge 2x when it does slams, once head is down, attack 1-2x and repeat.

Copenap

So you manage to beat rom with another cooper? Or give up trying to beat rom for now? Sorry just want to make sure I get what you mean :p but if it's the later let me know when you are able to get on again. That way I will be able to help you out.
Gf took over the tv so I quit for now. Will try again tomorrow.

hitgirl

Someone guide me on this, so I don't muck it up.
I want to get both endings, the refuse one then the refuse with all three cores. I also want to buy the weapon to get weapon trophy. Right now the hunter dream is on fire, I have the cords unused, and I have ps+ but no USB stick. I also want to finish chalices but I'm assuming that's a non factor because I can complete them in ng++ and I have all mats.

Adaren

Someone guide me on this, so I don't muck it up. (ending spoilers)
I want to get both endings, the refuse one then the refuse with all three cores. I also want to buy the weapon to get weapon trophy. Right now the hunter dream is on fire, I have the cords unused, and I have ps+ but no USB stick. I also want to finish chalices but I'm assuming that's a non factor because I can complete them in ng++ and I have all mats.

Spoiler that!

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Here are my stats:

Vitality - 37
Endurance - 37
Strength - 39
Skill - 38
Bloodtinge - 8
Arcane - 10

Anyone got any recommendations for the best armor to use against the final boss(es)?

Xeilyn

The funniest thing was using the flamesprayer on the early bosses when they were distracted by coop partners.
The Flamesprayer is awsome! Even on later bosses it does some serious work, i helped a guy with
Ebrietas
and we were both using the Flamesprayer just trading aggro
Here are my stats:

Vitality - 37
Endurance - 37
Strength - 39
Skill - 38
Bloodtinge - 8
Arcane - 10

Anyone got any recommendations for the best armor to use against the final boss(es)?
Just pick whatver you like the only difference is resistances basically and even that is just "needed" on a few bosses

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The Flamesprayer is awsome! Even on later bosses it does some serious work, i helped a guy with
Ebrietas
and we were both using the Flamesprayer just trading aggro

Just pick whatver you like the only difference is resistances basically and even that is just "needed" on a few bosses

Sigh....that was the whole reason I asked the question, because I don't have a damn clue what attacks and resistances I need for the final bosses.....

gunbo13

Armor choice makes little difference except on bosses like watchdog. It's more a placebo effect than anything. The main reason to switch unless you nerf your insight is frenzy resistance. So OP at 99 insight.

knitoe

I can't get enough of Souls. Beat this game 4X. Went and beat DX11 DS2: SOTFS after hundreds of hours on the DX9 version. Now, back on the 5th run limiting to lvl45 with currently a Chikage +10 / Evelyn +9. Just did blood starved beast for chalice item. Summon someone just for fun. Destroyed the boss. The other person probably is thinking WTF happen.

Stats:
30 Vit
11 End
11 Str
14 Skl
22 Blood
7 Arc

Time to do the chalices for the 3rd time.

I can't get enough of Souls. Beat this game 4X. Went and beat DX11 DS2: SOTFS after hundreds of hours on the DX9 version. Now, back on the 5th run limiting to lvl45 with currently a Chikage +10 / Evelyn +9. Just did blood starved beast for chalice item. Summon someone just for fun. Destroyed the boss. The other person probably is thinking WTF happen.

Stats:
30 Vit
11 End
11 Str
14 Skl
22 Blood
7 Arc

Time to do the chalices for the 3rd time.
How did SOTFS feel after Bloodborne? I played Dark Souls II vanilla and loved it, thinking about going back for another run in the near future. I never played any of the DLC.

Skii

Nightmare Frontier
wasn't quite Lost Izalith bad but it stands out as being awful, it has that same 'I just want to get this over with' feel that LI has.
The lecture building is dull. Upper Cathedral Ward
was a disappointment, it felt like some recycled tacked on area other than the bosses which I did like.
Cainhurst
nailed the aesthetics, but the combat in the
castle was a bore, the ghost enemies
are some of the worst in the game.

I liked the shortcuts, I just felt like making the observation that the game ended up being quite different from what some folks were expecting before release.

Nightmare Fronteir
is an extremely well designed area. All of the enemies should be new to you at that point. There is a
patches
moment which is great for long time Souls fans. There is a great innovative short cut half way through the level that I don't remember being done in Souls games before. The boss is actually fun to fight as well. To even remotely compare it to Lost Izalith is just mind-boggling to me. Izalith is one of the worst area in any Souls game and pretty much set the tone for Dark Souls 2. I just can't see any comparison to the
Nightmare Frontier
. Expand if you want as I'm genuinely interested in why you think it's close to that shower of shit.

Lecture Building
isn't even really an area tbh. It's just lore based pathways to the
Nightmare
. There is no unpleasant mechanics in the area and it was just intriguing to actually be in a
school of some sort

Upper Cathedral Ward
is arguably one of the most tense, scariest areas in any souls game. Can't really find any fault with it. Maybe it's a bit short but it is completely optional and is supposed to be generally hidden from most first time players.

4. I guess the enemies in
Cainhurst
aren't inherently terrifying but I feel that's the whole point of it. You're supposed to feel sorry for them considering they are
always crying

5. I have no idea what you expected this game to be... Most of us were expecting a faster Souls game in a Victorian London setting. We got that and then some. What else do you want?

knitoe

How did SOTFS feel after Bloodborne? I played Dark Souls II vanilla and loved it, thinking about going back for another run in the near future. I never played any of the DLC either.

I had no problem switching back and forth. The only slight issue was sometime confusing 2H (DS2) and using healing (BB) since they use the same button. The DLC are the best part of DS2, and if you love the vanilla, you are going to like even more.

I had no problem switching back and forth. The only slight issue was sometime confusing 2H (DS2) and using healing (BB) since they use the same button. The DLC are the best part of DS2, and if you love the vanilla, you are going to like even more.
Oh man, now I'm excited! I also played it on PS3 so the performance upgrade will be extremely welcome. That game struggled at times to put it nicely.

Maxxan

GAF, I have beaten the game and collected all of the non-Chalice trophys. It was hard, but it was also totally sweet. My question now is: how big a challenge is waiting for me in a couple of weeks when I return for the Chalice item-related and boss-related trophies? And how much time will it take me, give or take a couple of hours?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
if you want some hints:

you went kind of toward the left in the forrest, which is good, you got back to the clinic, but if you go more to the right, i
ts more open, that will lead you toward the eventual end, you can almost just follow the "beaten path' and later the lanterns when it gets dark. its long but there is only one beaten path, which you can sprint down pretty much.

cainhurst, the
dudes you meet outside the castle are widely regarded as some of the tougher in the game, you can safely run into the castle after collecting stuff and ignore them. you will be fine inside. other than the boss who I missed on my first play (so not sure how tough the boss is).
Thanks. I don't want to spoil myself right now, but I'll read this after I've cleared those areas.

knitoe

GAF, I have beaten the game and collected all of the non-Chalice trophys. It was hard, but it was also totally sweet. My question now is: how big a challenge is waiting for me in a couple of weeks when I return for the Chalice item-related and boss-related trophies? And how much time will it take me, give or take a couple of hours?

The chalices could be longer than the actual game if you get stuck at the bosses. Otherwise, it goes quickly if you run through grab items, pull the door lvl and head to the boss.

Can someone help me on this, I'm on NG+ doing some of the harder chalice dungeons, and this is my first time trying the search function. I typed these exact characters into the search on an empty tombstone and it said no results...Does that mean the person deleted it already? I really want to bump another weapon or two up to +10

Still trying to figure this out, does anyone know how the glyph search system works?

Chalices are short but enemies there are hard and cheap (in some cases pretty cheap) beware the bosses are way harder than the main game in in your first play so you could probably get stuck several days (or not). It depends of your playstyle and time you would want to invest

Still trying to figure this out, does anyone know how the glyph search system works?

The search takes in consideration if you have that chalice unlocked and materials but if the host and his seeders closed or removed the chalice then that specific chalice is gone

Phenomena

Platinum achieved!

Surprised at how many bosses I went through on my first try.. Guess my time with the Soul-series really shines through.

That Defiled Chalice though...

First, have you made one of that type of root chalice with the added difficulty? If no, you need to. Afterward, you can search using for the glyph.

Chalices are short but enemies there are hard and cheap (in some cases pretty cheap) beware the bosses are way harder than the main game in in your first play so you could probably get stuck several days (or not). It depends of your playstyle and time you would want to invest

The search takes in consideration if you have that chalice unlocked and materials but if the host and his seeders closed or removed the chalice then that specific chalice is gone

Thanks for the help guys. I'll check out the requirements

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So this is where you're hanging out instead of in gw2? ;) Well, the same.
Haha. Destiny occupies many of the gaming time slots that GW2 did for me for the last three years, though when Heart of Thorns releases the ratio will probably probably flip back.

Bloodborne is my current "progress" game in contrast to those anytime-I-feel-like-it-for-as-long-as-I-feel-like-it multiplayer games, as Dark Souls 2 was before it. I frequently play both kinds on the same night.

Top Bottom