• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

nOoblet16

It is done ! Thanks a lot.

Also, easily the second best emote ever in a souls game (nothing beats sunbro emote)

43Qs1Ar.jpg

Minamu

Uuugh, thought I was done with the Chalice Dungeons, but now I have to do another
Bloodletting Beast
? Sigh. I should be able to do it without too much problem, I am lvl 159 after all, but nope!

knitoe

Absolutely wrecked (final boss spoilers)
Gehrman
on my Bloodtinge run. So close to a flawless victory but he got me right at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW9eXOJZIk4

Chikage is a beautiful thing.

Yeah. I love the Chikage. I have 3 chars base on it, a lvl 45, 60 and 85. At max +10, helping people destroy the early bosses on my lvl45. Feels almost like cheating. Although, at that lvl, it's a pain in the ass on my 3rd chalice run.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Absolutely wrecked (final boss spoilers)
Gehrman
on my Bloodtinge run. So close to a flawless victory but he got me right at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW9eXOJZIk4

Chikage is a beautiful thing.

It looks like you're fighting him nerfed. He is WAYYYY more aggressive than that.

I am willing to bet that you were fighting him with the 12-hour glitch where the bosses become nerfed and much less aggressive if the game stays on for 12 hours. This can happen if the PS4 is put in rest mode and the game remains running. I've never seen it confirmed whether it was patched in 1.03.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/4/8345263/bloodborne-boss-glitch-video-easy

It looks like you're fighting him nerfed. He is WAYYYY more aggressive than that.

I am willing to bet that you were fighting him with the 12-hour glitch where the bosses become nerfed and much less aggressive if the game stays on for 12 hours. This can happen if the PS4 is put in rest mode.

Don't think so, I pretty much always close the app before putting the PS4 into rest mode. Didn't they also fix that issue with the last patch? Curious to hear other opinions on this regardless.

gunbo13

Gehrman
is a push over in the main play-through if you are leveled up enough. I don't doubt it goes that easy. Now in NG+...different story. He moves at least 50% faster than that and hits hard.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Don't think so, I pretty much always close the app before putting the PS4 into rest mode. Didn't they also fix that issue with the last patch? Curious to hear other opinions on this regardless.

Im not calling you a cheater, but its been a common problem in a lot of these boss strategy videos where people would mention that the bosses were far less aggressive and easier and then people like me would find that the bosses were far tougher when playing the actual game. Many people unknowingly activated that glitch.

Im not calling you a cheater, but its been a common problem in a lot of these boss strategy videos where people would mention that the bosses were far less aggressive and easier and then people like me would find that the bosses were far tougher when playing the actual game. Many people unknowingly activated that glitch.
You can see in the video that he uses a variety of moves and also charges up which I've never seen in any of the memory leak videos. I think I just had a really fortunate run.

Xeilyn

To me it looks perfectly normal, you were just really fast and good at landing the V.attacks. Ive beaten him with 5 different characters and ive never left my PS4 in rest mode or played for extended periods of time

Soulhouf

I am willing to bet that you were fighting him with the 12-hour glitch where the bosses become nerfed and much less aggressive if the game stays on for 12 hours. This can happen if the PS4 is put in rest mode and the game remains running. I've never seen it confirmed whether it was patched in 1.03.

Bosses react to the way you play and your position in relation to them.
All the bosses can be baited to use less dangerous attacks, be less aggressive(because they can't decide which move they perform) if you know how to proceed.
This has always been in the previous Souls games BTW.

I'm at the home stretch. Finished all the Chalice dungeons over the weekend. Defiled Watchdog was actually a pretty fun fight and only took a few attempts to get down. I struggled the most on Defiled Amygdala.

Defiled Amygdala was the only fight in the entire game that actually got me to the point of frustration. Nearly everything was a one-shot at 40 VIT. After 20-30 attempts, I finally got Amy's pattern down and was able to consistently identify and bait out her attacks and get to the final phase. It didn't take much longer from there. I destroyed Amygdala in story mode but the smaller arena and health penalty in the defiled chalice made things much more difficult. It really forced me to learn 100% of the encounter and execute flawlessly.

The final chalice was a joke compared to that. I did enjoy the final boss quite a bit though. All I have left now is the final boss of Mensis and the final boss of the game. I'm out of town this week so I should finish that up this weekend just in time for Witcher 3.

benjammin

Pretty sure that was patched in 1.03

That was some
"no mercy for wheelchair"
right there. Looks like you were the final boss lol. He was totally the aggressor every time I fought him but you completely owned him.
All it takes is a few lucky parries. ;)

Bloodtinge is a super fun build, though. I didn't do any chalice dungeons in this run so I think I was somewhere in the 80's as far as level. You just do a ton of damage with the transformed version of Chikage and you can even do decent damage with a gun.

Minamu

Any tips for Bloodletting Beast(chalice)? I'm having more issues than I thought I would...
BB L2 to the face. Quick roll on his twin slashes and do a quick R1 to his face/arms. Most attacks can be dodged fairly easily once you know how. Dodge roll + R1 won me the fight a few minutes ago and that was the tougher version of that boss.

That said, woop woop, finally beat the final boss, both in the story and the chalice version! Took maybe three tries for that chalice boss, and the last one went down in one. Kinda funny, it threw that numbing mist on me and i only had a sliver of hp left. So the last 20% got chipped away by bullets lol. Super unworthy win but wth.

BB L2 to the face. Quick roll on his twin slashes and do a quick R1 to his face/arms. Most attacks can be dodged fairly easily once you know how. Dodge roll + R1 won me the fight a few minutes ago and that was the tougher version of that boss.

That said, woop woop, finally beat the final boss, both in the story and the chalice version! Took maybe three tries for that chalice boss, and the last one went down in one. Kinda funny, it threw that numbing mist on me and i only had a sliver of hp left. So the last 20% got chipped away by bullets lol. Super unworthy win but wth.
Hmmm, gonna give it a go now. Thanks!

Finally beat the Defiled Chalice last night. Feels good! Only one Chalice left until my Platinum. A
mygdala
was actually pretty easy, thanks to whoever in here suggested not moving when it jumps & staying behind it. Great tip! If anyone else wants to see what I'm talking about here is me downing Defiled
Amygdala
on my third attempt (definitely not as hard as the Watchdog or Loran's Blood-starved Beast). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4EHNrtdIP4

Finally beat the Defiled Chalice last night. Feels good! Only one Chalice left until my Platinum. A
mygdala
was actually pretty easy, thanks to whoever in here suggested not moving when it jumps & staying behind it. Great tip! If anyone else wants to see what I'm talking about here is me downing Defiled
Amygdala
on my third attempt (definitely not as hard as the Watchdog or Loran's Blood-starved Beast). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4EHNrtdIP4
2,839 damage on those R2's with the fire paper'd up Hunter's Axe! That's some good stuff! The platinum is well within your reach now.

Feels like the only challenge with Headless Bloodletting Beast is the camera, lock on or not.

Edit. Literaly every time I die it's the cameras fault.

I know get gud it's my own fault but damn this is annoying

So when's the point of no return? I want to do a few chalices before going to NG+, but not sure how close I am to end the main story.

Right now I'm on
Mensis Nightmare, just killed Micolash

Korosenai

The feels when you beat the last Chalice Dungeon yesterday and just realized that you forgot to buy the sinister chalice on the third layer...

J. Bravo

where can i farm blood vials. i'm trying to beat vicar amelia atm. also twin blood stone shards. and a good blood echo farming spot. hkaha.

where can i farm blood vials. i'm trying to beat vicar amelia atm. also twin blood stone shards. and a good blood echo farming spot. hkaha.

Where you are at, I'd say kill the hunters and giants at Catethral Ward. Buy vials with echoes along with leveling. For shards, the werewolves at Old Yarnham are good.

squidyj

So.... is there anywhere where we can find out what the secondary effects that might come with a nourishing gem would be?

I'm debating how to gem my BoM, I can either go for 9.8% physical + 72.5 arcane gems from brainsuckers which will give me the highest AR I think, but then my Viscerals are like your favorite anime.

So far i've seen stuff like rally potential 2.7~ and +1 regen.

Have you done Hemwick yet? That's a great area for some twin shards and the boss is much easier than Vicar Amelia. If you haven't been there take a left just before the grand cathedral where you fight VA.

So when's the point of no return? I want to do a few chalices before going to NG+, but not sure how close I am to end the main story.

Right now I'm on
Mensis Nightmare, just killed Micolash

Start after you defeat the next boss on that area, The Dream house will start to
burn
just dont enter the fog gate.

Dayum, I just got 3x cooperators AND
Father G
on CB (NG+). That was quite a sight. Framerate went to shit most of the time too.

What surprises me is how long it took to four of us to kill it. I guess NG+ bosses have more health than I expected.

Father G
on CB (NG+). That was quite a sight. Framerate went to shit most of the time too.

What surprises me is how long it took to four of us to kill it. I guess NG+ bosses have more health than I expected.

If it follows the same rules as Dark Souls then the Boss' HP is increased with each co-operator you summoned.

EL CUCO

Father G

I didn't know you could get 4 players to coop. First time I've heard that.

J. Bravo

Have you done Hemwick yet? That's a great area for some twin shards and the boss is much easier than Vicar Amelia. If you haven't been there take a left just before the grand cathedral where you fight VA.

yeah this place is a good echo farming spot too. just lamp --> boss gives me like 15k. but the boss is killing me with this binding thing that I can't get out of, and she just slits my throat until i die. wtf.

Top Bottom