• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Anyone else having network issues since the patch?

If I use suspend/resume, i'm kicked to the start screen immediately due to network disconnection. I also just tried to co-op a friend and it kept kicking me to the menu screen a few minutes after ringing the res bell.

No other problems with my internet, other connections etc.

Cabal

If I use suspend/resume, i'm kicked to the start screen immediately due to network disconnection. I also just tried to co-op a friend and it kept kicking me to the menu screen a few minutes after ringing the res bell.

I was having this before the patch too. I did a full restart and it seemed to help for a while, but I think they are probably timing out idle connections if you suspend the game.

I love the game as much as the rest of you, but that doesn't mean it's flawless.why not hide some later items, does it really go against the souls tradition?
Not really, because IIRC Dark Souls had a fairly modest item list that only went into more minor lore, and IIRC Dark Souls 2 didn't show off more spoilery items until NG+. Demon's Souls just shown you NPCs and their name but didn't tell you anything about them.

Can anyone confirm that the 12 hour easy boss glitch has been fixed with the latest patch? I'm aware that the notes mentioned fixing boss immobilisation problems but I just want to make sure so I can start using suspend/resume again.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Yes, you can access it from the Central Yharnam lantern. It's after that door-banging monster (Nothing special about him either. But if you don't kill him, he will go after if you start to engage other enemies in that area.), go up the stairs where there are a bunch of mobs and two dogs. Kill these guys and go farther up, now you are on the great bridge. Instead of going right which will lead you to the werewolves, go straight and off the bridge. Then to your left there is a path semi-hidden by some crates. You will find a ladder which will lead you to the portion of the sewer that has the armor. You have to kill a few higher level saw/spear mobs (they are easy to parry) including one standing right on top of the armor set, ready to ambush you.
Thanks! I actually explored that area a bit, but didn't notice the semi-obscured path :\

huh, the strategy for beating Defiled Watchdog turned out to be very simple (but kinda boring)
I stood in front of her just close enough to make her use the bite attack and I just used one R2 axe vertical attack then step back, over and over

Wynnebeck

Banned
So how exactly do the chalices work? I know you have to gather material and have the chalice (acquire or find it) to make the dungeons. My problem is what is the progression and dungeons I need to do to go fight Y
arnham
and get the trophy?

Ferr986

When you resume from a suspend state you get kicked to the title screen now.

The coop thing is weird. Netcode has been really good since the patch.

So how exactly do the chalices work? I know you have to gather material and have the chalice (acquire or find it) to make the dungeons. My problem is what is the progression and dungeons I need to do to go fight Y
arnham
and get the trophy?

That boss is in Ptmeru Ihyll, the last Ptumeru chalice. Basically you need to complete all the Ptumeru chalices, but sometimes you will have to do the others for ritual materials.

Can anyone confirm that the 12 hour easy boss glitch has been fixed with the latest patch? I'm aware that the notes mentioned fixing boss immobilisation problems but I just want to make sure so I can start using suspend/resume again.

yep, it's fixed.

Wynnebeck

Banned
That boss is in Ptmeru Ihyll, the last Ptumeru chalice. Basically you need to complete all the Ptumeru chalices, but sometimes you will have to do the others for ritual materials.

Oh ok. So that means do even the Root Chalices? I just got done beating the Central Phtumeru Chalice and picked up Hintertomb Chalice while I was exploring. Thanks.

Ferr986

Oh ok. So that means do even the Root Chalices? I just got done beating the Central Phtumeru Chalice and picked up Hintertomb Chalice while I was exploring. Thanks.

No, the root are only randomized versions of the Chalices. They're not for progression. Also, the only root chalices worth are the depth 5 ones, because thats where there are the best gems and runes.

You can ignore root chalices. In fact Root Chalices aren't very useful I find once you get the Short Root Chalice functionability (which lets you find random coop which often lets you play good dungeons without having to unlock them).

Toxi

Banned
What are good places to farm Blood Stone Chunks? I have two Blood Rocks in inventory, but no chunks :((((((
I've had the best luck with C
astle Cainhurst gargoyles
and U
pper Cathedral Ward werewolves
, but both are still pretty poor for farming.

Wynnebeck

Banned
No, the root are only randomized versions of the Chalices. They're not for progression. Also, the only root chalices worth are the depth 5 ones, because thats where there are the best gems and runes.

You can ignore root chalices. In fact Root Chalices aren't very useful I find once you get the Short Root Chalice functionability (which lets you find random coop which often lets you play good dungeons without having to unlock them).

Ah ok. I know I'm still keeping an eye out for a Level 15+ Blood Gem for these last trophies so I might need to go.

Blobbers

Alright, time for some Bloodborne. What's on schedule today:

1.die to Watchdog with hlaved helath for 3 hours

Nice. Let's do this.

Ferr986

Ah ok. I know I'm still keeping an eye out for a Level 15+ Blood Gem for these last trophies so I might need to go.

You'll eventually find a +15 Blood Gem for the trophy in the regular Chalices. Atleast I did if Im not mistaken.
Depth 5 roots are from +17 Gems.

Feindflug

I've had the best luck with C
astle Cainhurst gargoyles
and U
pper Cathedral Ward werewolves
, but both are still pretty poor for farming.

I am under the impression that after the latest patch the
Upper Cathedral Ward werewolves
drop chunks more frequently, pre-patch with 274 discovery I was lucky to get one chunk every 4-5 runs now I get one in almost every run or so.

Also farming is less of a chore now due to the vastly reduced respawn loading times.

taco543

I am in the same boat and I just beat defliled
amygdala
tonight.

My tips.

Be slow and steady for the first half. Stay far away and when she attacks and misses and lowers her head for a few seconds run in and get in one or two attacks on the head then run the fuck away. Repeat until phase 2. Maybe try get in a few checky hits on her legs as well if you cant reach her head but ONLY ATTACK WHEN SHE IS IMMOBILE after missing a attack.

For the later part of the fight when she rips her arms off I pretty much cheeses it. Once you are behind her you can get in a attack on her legs and she will always jump forward with her back to you. Simply run back up to her and hit the back of her leg again. Then she will jump again. Repeat until she is dead.

The 2nd half is way easy if you do that. Just have to know when to attack and when to stay away.

I was stuck on her for four days till someone mentioned the jump chees tactic. I made it work on my second try.

Video for you

So finally today I got past it thanks to both of you guys! I used a hybrid of both methods and it totally worked! one step closer to that platinum

Onemic

So am I the only person who cant connect to the bloodborne servers or what? I thought maybe PSN was down or something, but I was able to hop onto MKX online just fine.

All I wanted to do was try out this new patch...

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
This thread moves at a phenomenal pace.

I finally finished exams today and have the next two weeks off school. Its time to celebrate with a 5 hour Bloodborne session.

Blinck

Agree with others that unrestricted item spoilers on the loading screen is stupid. Unlike previous Souls games, one of Bloodborne's biggest conceits is completely hiding the existence of the second half of the game, and considering how openly items from that part of the game talk about the Truth it would have been a major bummer for me to have it spoiled before the time was right.

I haven't beaten the game yet ( I'm still in
nightmare mensis
)

But man, I really feel a bit lost since I didn't notice anything major from the second half of the game, which you are calling "the truth".

Is it the revelation of the big creatures that were unseen before?
If not, please do not tell me what it is! But after your comment I just feel like I'm missing something.
I don't know why but as much as I try I always seem to have a certain difficulty following the story/lore in these games without looking it up. I read every description and listen attentively to every dialogue, sometimes more than once. I'm still not finished with the game and I'm guessing the ending makes some things clearer, but I'm still a bit lost as to what is going on in general, although I'm gathering some bits and pieces.

Pretty sure thats intentional. In the patch notes it says it will always kick you to the main screen if you suspend resume now

Its not a huge problem since the game pretty much has a built in suspend resume

Sami+

Question about the patch - did they fix the bug with other players' bloodstains (I forget what they're called in this) not showing?

Agram

Question about the patch - did they fix the bug with other players' bloodstains (I forget what they're called in this) not showing?
Spectre?
Everything seems normal now, although before the patch players rarely showed.
I guess they fixed it.

Please advice: Put some points in Arcane or Bloodtinge? I lean to Arcane

Arcane if you want to mess with some of the Hunters Tools, but I feel like Bloodtinge is a stat you create a build for and not necessarily something that's easily added to an existing stat block.

joecanada

wait can someone describe the chalices in a bit more detail? I found a chalice went down fought
defiled dog
, then i think I found another chalice, I have three active dungeons, but I pulled one out of the first tomb and put it in the fourth... what does this represent? Is this equivalent to just searching for another random dungeon? could I have left the chalice in and just searched for another random dungeon, or used a code to find one?

How do you get to lower level dungeons, looking for different chalices? Are there a specific number you find and then re-use or do you just keep finding them and they are denoted by the depth they go? also the materials you use to create them, are these consumed each time they are made into a new shrine?

I haven't beaten the game yet ( I'm still in
nightmare mensis
)

But man, I really feel a bit lost since I didn't notice anything major from the second half of the game, which you are calling "the truth".

Is it the revelation of the big creatures that were unseen before?
If not, please do not tell me what it is! But after your comment I just feel like I'm missing something.
I don't know why but as much as I try I always seem to have a certain difficulty following the story/lore in these games without looking it up. I read every description and listen attentively to every dialogue, sometimes more than once. I'm still not finished with the game and I'm guessing the ending makes some things clearer, but I'm still a bit lost as to what is going on in general, although I'm gathering some bits and pieces.
Without going into specifics it's the transition between trying to figure out what is transpiring in Yharnam to why it's happening, the shift from gothic horror to
lovecraftian horror
. Seems like pre-release reviews for the game were even instructed to omit those details to prevent people from learning about them before passing, but I haven't really read any so I don't know to what degree it's true.

Top Bottom