• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

knitoe

How do I kill that headless bloodletting beast?
When he's doing his air aoe attack, run up and 1 hit him.

Lock on and get close to him (camera pans up). He will do 4 possible moves:
1) If you move to close to his hind legs, he will do a foot stomp. Don't do this.
2) He jumps away. Repeat.
3) Jump and body pound. Just dodge back and run up 1 hit. Repeat.
4) Fist arm pounds. Tap dodge 2X toward him right ending up on his side, move toward his thigh, attack 2X and dodge back out. Repeat.

Once the worm comes out, don't be scare and stick to the plan.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Killing fools in Nightmare of Mensis is much faster and enjoyable, much better connection times even though i'm L:96, and going back to hunter's dream isn't as tedious since it loads really fast.

RedAssedApe

Banned
on the nightmare of mensis...is this an optional area? this frenzy BS is dumb lol. i'm assuming im close to the end of the game now that i'm on the 4th tombstone?

also...fucking
spiders
. my god that shit was creepy. actually read a helpful note though that told me to stealth. Thanks kind soul!

Ferr986

on the nightmare of mensis...is this an optional area? this frenzy BS is dumb lol. i'm assuming im close to the end of the game now that i'm on the 4th tombstone?

also...fucking
spiders
. my god that shit was creepy. actually read a helpful note though that told me to stealth. Thanks kind soul!

Mensis is not optional.

Killing fools in Nightmare of Mensis is much faster and enjoyable, much better connection times even though i'm L:96, and going back to hunter's dream isn't as tedious since it loads really fast.

Even at 120 I'm getting a lot of PvP. Big improvement from before the patch, when it took me like 5 mins for a match.

Is it bad for any reason if I keep killing everything in Central Yahrnam a few times over before progressing? I'm basically just trying to level up some before advancing.

also...fucking
spiders

Mandatory. You're close to the end now. And to deal with Frenzy, wear attire with high Frenzy resists (Ashen Hunter set is good), and equip the rune that gives +200 to frenzy resists. Also, take cover when you see
a bright light coming from inside a building. The source of that light is what induces Frenzy.

Auctopus

Finally got to play Shovel Knight this week and immediately thought of this armour when I encountered the Spectre Knight...(tried to get it as bloody red as possible)

bloodborne_201504241961s61.jpg
Specter_Knight_in_game.jpg

Mogwai

When he's doing his air aoe attack, run up and 1 hit him.

Lock on and get close to him (camera pans up). He will do 4 possible moves:
1) If you move to close to his hind legs, he will do a foot stomp. Don't do this.
2) He jumps away. Repeat.
3) Jump and body pound. Just dodge back and run up 1 hit. Repeat.
4) Fist arm pounds. Tap dodge 2X toward him right ending up on his side, move toward his thigh, attack 2X and dodge back out. Repeat.

Once the worm comes out, don't be scare and stick to the plan.
Heart pounding. 0 vials left. Beast dead.

Thanks for the instructions. This boss is a train wreck. Whew, never again.

Mogwai

PREY SLAUGHTERED

Did you enjoy showering in his blood?

Yeah did the cape emote :p

Grats. I love this fight. Nothing beats up close and personal. Almost every day I repost my strategy.

I gotta say, between
Pthumerian Descendant (sicles), Abhorrent Beast and Headless Bloodletting Beast, the latter is the most confusing fight I've had so far. After Abhorrent Beast I though "this can't get worse now..." But it always seems to get more crazy with each new boss.

squidyj

just as a PSA to anyone who didn't realize, increasing your health by 5% is the same as having 5% damage reduction against all sources. so if you're taking a lot of damage stack them hp runes.

Elandyll

Banned
Am only 2 bosses away from the Queen, but in spite of waching some fights on Youtube, the Pthrumerian Descendant was really messing me up last night, as I couldn't seem to time the gunshots well.

At least I got him down to about 30% on my last two tries, so hopefuly tonight I'll get him.

Is the Headless Bloodletting Beast easier or worse than he is?

knitoe

Am only 2 bosses away from the Queen, but in spite of waching some fights on Youtube, the Pthrumerian Descendant was really messing me up last night, as I couldn't seem to time the gunshots well.

At least I got him down to about 30% on my last two tries, so hopefuly tonight I'll get him.

Descendant can be cheesed so he's much more easy. BLB is one of the harder fights if you don't know the strategy.

mattp

so, on idle thumbs this week one of the guys was saying how he likes to put on motown playlists on spotify while playing and that the volume goes up like 20% when the loading screens hit, making dying way more fun

what if i set the volume to 0. will it fade in during loading screens and back out when im playing?
someone plz confirm

I found headless much easier than the grumpy old man but many hated headless. Since he is hard to parry, roll into his attacks so you end up behind him. I could go 3/4 of the fight without taking damage.

Mogwai

I've done both fights today. Both fights are difficult to control, but I found the headless beast a good deal more difficult.

knitoe's advice was really helpful.

SxP

Breaking stuff is just so satisfying in these games. Rolling through all those rows of chairs in the L
ecture Building
is way more fun than it's supposed to be.

knitoe

Breaking stuff is just so satisfying in these games. Rolling through all those rows of chairs in the L
ecture Building
is way more fun than it's supposed to be.

It's a Souls thing. Second, to leaving trolling notes.

Blinck

Without going into specifics it's the transition between trying to figure out what is transpiring in Yharnam to why it's happening, the shift from gothic horror to
lovecraftian horror
. Seems like pre-release reviews for the game were even instructed to omit those details to prevent people from learning about them before passing, but I haven't really read any so I don't know to what degree it's true.

Ah I get what you mean now, yes there was definitely a shift ( and an awesome one IMO ) in that regard. Hoping to "get more in the know" once I progress further!

Mr Moose

I'm getting my arse kicked on this part, damn spiders and that guy just after... :<

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
I've asked this several times because I haven't been able to find a concise answer: How does each NG scale in difficulty? Is the next 2x, 3x, then 4x as difficult? I'm trying to understand how it works. At what point does having max stats become futile?

I think I'm just not going to get very far in this game. I don't have the time to sink into gittin' gud and at this point can't even defeat Father G.

Really disappointing as I loved DeS and put a good 120 hours into it. Ah well.

Krakle

The game created a Chalice Dungeon but only included 4 Skeletons. No other enemies, treasure chests, or lamps. I uploaded a video of it to youtube here.

Anyone else had this happen?

Haha... I met the
Grand Cathedral Hunter
today and managed to poison him. I then immediately realized how easy it was going to be. No regrets.

just as a PSA to anyone who didn't realize, increasing your health by 5% is the same as having 5% damage reduction against all sources. so if you're taking a lot of damage stack them hp runes.

Pair the two of those with the 4% all dmg reduction and you're all set ;)

DrkSage

Any piece of advice for the watchdog? I'm getting rekt by him ._. And to think that the next boss is Amy oooh boy .-.

myco666

Any piece of advice for the watchdog? I'm getting rekt by him ._. And to think that the next boss is Amy oooh boy .-.

Dodge under the head swipe and hit once or twice to the leg depending on weapon. After awhile it will get new head swipe that you should dodge on the side it attacks and hit legs. Everything else you should keep distance. Bone Ash set, Fire dmg reduc, Phys dmg reduc and HP up runes will help also so that you wont die immediately.

edit. Also when he throws up do a charge attack to the front legs. Atleast with LHB it should drop him on his knees so that you can do follow up.

DrkSage

Dodge under the head swipe and hit once or twice to the leg depending on weapon. After awhile it will get new head swipe that you should dodge on the side it attacks and hit legs. Everything else you should keep distance. Bone Ash set, Fire dmg reduc, Phys dmg reduc and HP up runes will help also so that you wont die immediately.

edit. Also when he throws up do a charge attack to the front legs. Atleast with LHB it should drop him on his knees so that you can do follow up.

I have everything you said except the HP and Fire rune, gonna equip it now and try my luck

Top Bottom