• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

AngryMoth

Don't think there is much consensus on pvp meta yet. Some at 100, some at 110 and I think less but still some at 120. 110 is pretty good cos then you can fight everyone

I have a question about Chalice Dungeon co-op. I started a second character and made the first dungeon and set it to public and rang the beckoning bell and...nothing happened for an hour. What do you have to do to do co-op on dungeons you make? On my first character I did them with my friend, but this time I'd just like to do them with whoever so I can get some of the gems and stuff from the later ones.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Don't think there is much consensus on pvp meta yet. Some at 100, some at 110 and I think less but still some at 120. 110 is pretty good cos then you can fight everyone

I'd prefer 120. Having extra points to play with is never a bad thing for variety.

Menthuss

Okay,
Logarius
has an even worse hitbox than the fucking Smelter Demon. His Scythe can actually hit you while you're behind him. This shit pissed me off so much in Dark Souls 2 and to see it return in Bloodborne makes me mad as fuck.

Experien

Okay,
Logarius
has an even worse hitbox than the fucking Smelter Demon. His Scythe can actually hit you while you're behind him. This shit pissed me off so much in Dark Souls 2 and to see it return in Bloodborne makes me mad as fuck.

The blade IS quite large. Even resting it at your side could let the blade reach behind him. I know the annoyance cause he was one of the more challenging boss.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Okay,
Logarius

Eh. The weapon is big enough that the hits seemed plausible to me. My issue is when things would miss my hitbox but actually connect in Dark Souls 2 (the damn Ogre hug!!!)

EDIT: Oops.. beaten.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I didn't know the boulders in Nightmare Frontier have splash damage, even as they break apart. I was hiding behind a tombstone, got grazed by the debris of a breaking boulder, died, lost 25,000 souls.

tJaBJjl.gif

Experien

I didn't know the boulders in Nightmare Frontier have splash damage, even as they break apart. I was hiding behind a tombstone, got grazed by the debris of a breaking boulder, died, lost 25,000 souls.

tJaBJjl.gif

Right there with you...lost 45k+ while fighting one on the ground by the swamp and one on high hit me. :(

Wynnebeck

Banned
Holy shit. Now I'm starting to get mad again. Lower Pthumeru Chalice, Layer 3. Freaking Rom. IN A SMALL ASS ENCLOSED SPACE WITH A MILLION ADDS. WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT. I've gone through 7 Bolt Papers trying to get her and everytime she get's to about 1/6 of health left, she starts flopping like a fish and I can't escape from the adds that put me in hit stun. FFFUUUUUUUU- Haven't been this mad at the game in quite a while so it's like doing this all over again. <3

Menthuss

Eh. The weapon is big enough that the hits seemed plausible to me. My issue is when things would miss my hitbox but actually connect in Dark Souls 2 (the damn Ogre hug!!!)

EDIT: Oops.. beaten.

It's not even the size, just the fact that the hitbox stays active for a stupid amount of time. I dodged through his swing and ended up behind him and got hit right after.

Holy shit. Now I'm starting to get mad again. Lower Pthumeru Chalice, Layer 3. Freaking Rom. IN A SMALL ASS ENCLOSED SPACE WITH A MILLION ADDS. WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT. I've gone through 7 Bolt Papers trying to get her and everytime she get's to about 1/6 of health left, she starts flopping like a fish and I can't escape from the adds that put me in hit stun. FFFUUUUUUUU- Haven't been this mad at the game in quite a while so it's like doing this all over again. <3
Rom is easier in the chalice though. Take the adds out instead of bum rushing Rom.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Goddamn brainsuckers in Upper Cathedral Ward. I'm struggling to get past the ladder to unlock the shortcut. These assholes always manage to grab me and suck my insight. Went from 39 to 24 in half an hour.

I know it's not a precious resource end-game but I feel fucking awful losing that stuff. Makes me hesitant to go up there and try again.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Yes! Finally beat the fucking defiled Warchdog. 2 weeks of trying off and on and close to two hours of attempts just now. Uploaded my save to make sure I never have to do that again. &#55357;&#56832;

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

I hated this fight until I realized I could hide behind pillars to avoid meteors.

At that point my strategy was to patiently kill every spider, while taking cover as necessary, then go for Rom when all the adds were dead. It requires patience, but less patience than failing again and again. I think I also used bolt paper to move things along but it's not essential to the strategy.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Goddamn brainsuckers in Upper Cathedral Ward. I'm struggling to get past the ladder to unlock the shortcut. These assholes always manage to grab me and suck my insight. Went from 39 to 24 in half an hour.

I know it's not a precious resource end-game but I feel fucking awful losing that stuff. Makes me hesitant to go up there and try again.

Feel my pain. I was damn near about to quit BB after doing UCW.

Draft

tJaBJjl.gif
Adding insult to injury the boulders break apart in a hilariously slow animation. The piece kill by gently brushing against you as they fall softly to the ground.

Jobbs

Banned
I'm on a new playthrough, and I just killed blood starved beast.. And it occured to me -- Why does this thing need to be killed? It's a dead end and it doesn't drop a key or anything.

I found him far easier than regular Rom, since the spiders have no way of surrounding you. I always took out the spiders whenever they spawned, and hid behind the pillars when he did the ice meteor. Then when his bodyguards are gone i would start attacking. During his last phase when hes flopping around i recommend just spamming Molotovs' at him just so you don't get caught up in it.

Basically, the strategy people used for story Rom won't work here.

Draft

I'm on a new playthrough, and I just killed blood starved beast.. And it occured to me -- Why does this thing need to be killed? It's a dead end and it doesn't drop a key or anything.
Unlocks chalice dungeons.

Edit: so not necessary but the dungeons are a big chunk of the game.

gunbo13

I think that goes for a lot of bosses and things we have killed. Murderers, all of us.

blahness

I have a question about Chalice Dungeon co-op. I started a second character and made the first dungeon and set it to public and rang the beckoning bell and...nothing happened for an hour. What do you have to do to do co-op on dungeons you make? On my first character I did them with my friend, but this time I'd just like to do them with whoever so I can get some of the gems and stuff from the later ones.

The best way to do random co-op in chalice is to create the chalice if you havent already, once created you can create another of the same chalice without the need for resources. When creating do a search from glyph, select the type that matches the chalice you have already created, and then sort by shares. The top shared glyph should have plenty of people running that chalice dungeon and available for co-op. I have been using this method with great success after being stuck on chalice ROM.

squidyj

chalice dungeons and saves you the 10k blood it takes to buy the stupid key.

BSB is actually optional. He drops your first chalice. Also, defeating him opens the gate to the Grand Cathedral for reasons. If you don't want to fight him, you just save up and buy the Hunter Chief Emblem.

Gehrman tells you to go there to find the chalice, so I guess that's the motivation.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Adding insult to injury the boulders break apart in a hilariously slow animation. The piece kill by gently brushing against you as they fall softly to the ground.
The slow animation is what got me. I didn't think I'd be damaged once the fucking boulder is crumbled into pieces so I poked my head out from behind the tombstone, got brushed by a breaking piece, died. I'm going to be salty about it for a while.

Zocano

It's also the alternative route into Cathedral Ward proper.

Amelia's fucking slaughtering me on NG+. Trying to solo. How much all these repeated attempts drain your resources. Numbing Mists all gone so I'm fucked if she heals. All Fire Paper gone. Fifteen+ attempts. Please Great Ones grant me this victory..

autoduelist

More noob questions time:

Is there a point doing initial section (the streets with the mob) over and over to gain blood echoes, and then going back to hunter's dream to buy stuff? I've done this a few times and purchased all the hunters clothes I could, and now it seems like I can't really do anything useful there anymore. Can I level up or improve my weapons this early in the game?

- Is there a point in fighting the big guardian guy that you can get to early in the game if you go left down the stairs where you meet the very first mob, rather than going after that mob? Is there a shortcut or something very useful behind him? I died on him probably 10 times in a row, and I just think I'm not ready to face him yet.

- When people say that there are shortcuts in the game, are they talking strictly about the gates that you can open, or are there other kinds of shortcuts? (please be vague if need be, if it's spoilerific to answer this)

Down in the sewers... can I access that are from where I am now, or do I have to get past the first boss?

Oh, another question. Is there a point fighting a big monster that bangs on that door behind that big burning effigy?

In my opinion, the mob is there to learn basic combat and nothing more -- it'll teach you things like how to use pebbles effectively, how to avoid ranged fire, how to deal with mobs. It's not really meant as a farming location, though obviously if you want to buy the armor set it's not a terrible idea.

Likewise, that guy banging on the door is primarily there to teach you one of two things, depending on your approach --
1) the use of elemental attacks like Molotovs to simplify hard enemies
or
2) the use of parry (he telegraphs attacks heavily)

Much in the early game is like that... it's more of a learning opportunity than anything else.

Shortcuts are exactly what they sound like -- usually gates or levers or elevators that will chop up large areas into small sections... usually all circling back near the first bonfire so that you can quickly 'skip' to later sections of the area, for either further exploration or repeated boss attempts. The basic idea is that by the time you open the shortcut, you've mastered the previous section.

If you meet an enemy like that guy who killed you 10 times in a row, and there are alternate paths, go elsewhere. Not everything needs to be killed the second you meet them. I skipped that dude and didn't come back for quite awhile, no harm no foul.

Amelia's fucking slaughtering me on NG+. Trying to solo. How much all these repeated attempts drain your resources. Numbing Mists all gone so I'm fucked if she heals. All Fire Paper gone. Fifteen+ attempts. Please Great Ones grant me this victory..
If she is slaughtering you have you considered leveling up your strength or skill? You can stun her while she is healing.

The best way to do random co-op in chalice is to create the chalice if you havent already, once created you can create another of the same chalice without the need for resources. When creating do a search from glyph, select the type that matches the chalice you have already created, and then sort by shares. The top shared glyph should have plenty of people running that chalice dungeon and available for co-op. I have been using this method with great success after being stuck on chalice ROM.

Ahh, thanks. I'll try this out. I find the way co-op works for the chalice dungeons strange. I know some are randomly generated, but most seem mostly the same? And co-op should work either way...

Defiled Chalice is the Hardest. I repeat, the Hardest thing in the Game.

Fuck that Dog, and yes Im stuck on him atm.

I'm telling you if you're using a quick slashing weapon the back left leg is a great target. Keep your distance, let him attack, and dash attack that leg.

The charges are bullshit no matter what though.

I've gotta say, I was looking forward to the NG+ version of
Gehrman
. Kinda disappointed by how much he melted to my Ludwig's Holy Blade.

Top Bottom