• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

EL CUCO

For Cooping in chalice dungeons do you both need to be in the same layer to find each other? (Yes)

My friend used my glyph to join my game, we killed the boss and it separated us. Now he's in his game using my glyph. Would I be able to join him? (Yes)

TOTP PSA: This coop mechanic is terrible.
From pls.

gunbo13

Just finished NG++.
Gehrman
was actually a major pushover. He got one attack in but I also scored a bunch of viscerals. I forgot to do the regular NPC quests and didn't wait on the clinic, so no follow-up fight at end game. Oh well, did that twice already, won't hurt to skip it the third time.

Nothing hit harder then Eileen's quest chikage hunter and some more powerful normal enemies (RE4 parasites, wolf men, etc...). Ebrietas and Wet Nurse had some attacks in the 70% range. I was running black church gear with white church bottom and ash gloves. So you could reduce that a bit with different gear. This was a BoM run until the end. BoM actually didn't pose any issues on bosses with its short range. Probably the biggest annoyance was celestial with all those minions. BoM does not do crowd control so it was tedious yet still not difficult.

Started NG+++ and playing with chikage. Either I find it mildly interesting or think it is slightly OP & boring. Gave it +18/20/20% runes and it hits pretty damn hard. But it's attacks are pretty boring compared to BoM & BB. Luckily I have like 20 more chunks in case I want to try something else. I'm not sure what though... Using awesome armor this time, Gehrman hat, noble dress, doll gloves, and arianna's shoes. Should be fun. No huge damage increases shown yet in Yharnam.

Has it been confirmed or not if you can use the short ritual root chalice with a password to find someone in their dungeon using the same password provided you've created their dungeon on a tombstone?

We did layer 1 together, but now we're trying to do layer 2, without me having to do layer 1 again by myself to meet up with him.

knitoe

If all of those points are in vit then you'll probably be fine.

Nope. Going Chikage / Evelyn lvl45 build. Trying to finish the chalices so I can farm for gems in the Roots.

Stats:
30 Vit
11 End
11 Str
14 Skl
22 Blood
7 Arc

Even, the first boss can 1 hit kill me. Trying to cheese using the pillars, but not doing enough damage. Need to upgrade the Burial Blade.

spliced

Now that I'm done I'm enjoying looking at boss videos to see how other people fought them. I can see I got lucky on
BSB
because it never grabbed me, that grab can just end the fight in an instant. I'm definitely going to try the
plunging attack on TOR next time I fight him
, it looks to do way more damage than I would have thought.

Is there a sort of 'checklist' anywhere of everything to do before the last boss?

I'm just farming up some echoes now to buy the expensive armour and weapons and afaik that's everything done (outside of chalice dungeons) but I'd like to double check.

Joei

edit - nevermind, found the answer to my question

on a side note, still can't beat the first boss, tried like 20x times. What the hell. I can't get the counter time right, and sometimes I think he's going to attack and he shoots me, I don't know what the hell is going on here

Zocano

Is there a sort of 'checklist' anywhere of everything to do before the last boss?

I'm just farming up some echoes now to buy the expensive armour and weapons and afaik that's everything done (outside of chalice dungeons) but I'd like to double check.

Not as far as I know but I can make one real quick for you.

First line of each block is the "category" just in case people want to be careful and I'll put them in order of possible discovery (in a not murder everyone play through).

I'll also organize the categories in order of HOLY SHIT SPOILERS so the last block is basically the really really important one.

___

ITEM BADGES

- Saw Hunter Badge
- Sword Hunter Badge
- Powder Keg Hunter Badge
- Radiant Sword Hunter Badge
- Spark Hunter Badge
- Cainhurst Badge
- Wheel Hunter Badge
- Crow Hunter Badge
- Cosmic Eye Watcher Badge
- Final Badge from 'last' boss

____

SILLY FUN MESSENGER ITEMS

- Urn Hat
- Black Church Hat
- Bloody Ribbon
- Bloody Bandage
- White Ribbon
- Top Hat

____

OPTIONAL AREAS

- Old Yarnham (Optional if you buy the Hunter Chief Emblem)
- Old Abandoned Workshop
- Hemwick Charnel Lane
- Iosefka's Clinic
- Nightmare Frontier
- Forsaken Cainhurst Castle
- Upper Cathedral Ward
- Brain of Mensis in the Nightmare of Mensis (and standing in front of it with the Contact gesture for a rune)
____

NPCs AND THEIR QUEST LINES

These 5 are the ones that can go to the Cathedral Ward haven or the Clinic
- Arianna and her baby
- Skeptical Man (located next to where you picked up Arianna
- Old Woman (In Central Yarnham)
- Adella the Nun (only if you get to Yahar'gul before the Blood Moon)
- Suspicious Beggar (next to the shortcut windmill in Forbidden Woods); best off attacking this guy for a really awesome fight.
Actual quest lines
- Little Girl and her Sister (in Central Yarnham; quest spans the entire playthrough)
- Iosefka (can kill her before or after Rom for different stuff)
- Eileen and her questline (One in Oedon Tomb and One in Grand Cathedral); otherwise just Grand Cathedral at Red Moon
- Alfred (give an item you get at the end of Cainhurst Castle)
____

THE UMBILICAL CORDS

-Cord from Old Abandoned Workshop
- Cord from Iosefka (only attained AFTER killing Rom)
- Cord from Arianna (must be alive and only gotten after Micolash is dead)
- Cord from Mergo's Wet Nurse

Ferr986

Has it been confirmed or not if you can use the short ritual root chalice with a password to find someone in their dungeon using the same password provided you've created their dungeon on a tombstone?

We did layer 1 together, but now we're trying to do layer 2, without me having to do layer 1 again by myself to meet up with him.

yes, passwords works.

TheBear

Still trying to get my head around scaling.
Currently using the tonitrus. I have 25 strength, 15 skill and 9 arcane. Where should my points go? And what blood gems should i use? Should I scale physical or strength? Shit is confusing

III-V

Finally prey slaughtered defiled Amygdala last night. That was outrageous. 50+ attempts since Saturday evening. She went into some insane jumping spree where she did nothing but jump for about 3 minutes. I think not being locked on helped me from getting landed on.

In my first NG run she was down in the first attempt.

Anyway, I need to go grab a living string as I missed it in NG, just beat Shadows and now off to ROM.

Zocano

Still trying to get my head around scaling.
Currently using the tonitrus. I have 25 strength, 15 skill and 9 arcane. Where should my points go? And what blood gems should i use? Should I scale physical or strength? Shit is confusing

Tonitrus is a split damage weapon that has both Bolt and Physical damage.

Arcane scaling on weapons *ONLY* scales up elemental damage on that specific weapon. Everything that is non-physical will receive Arcane scaling.

Tonitrus has built in Bolt damage so you will benefit from arcane as well. Scaling in this game goes up to 50 before you see near 0 benefits. You get a decent yield of bonus damage up to 25 in a stat and then it's smaller but consistent until 40 at which point you get mad damage from 40 to 50. Tonitrus scales well with Strength and "meh" with Arcane so you will not get great benefits out of points into Arcane. The upside of the tonitrus is that you can have a physical damage weapon while also being able to exploit enemy weaknesses (when enemies you fight have low bolt defense).

As far as what your points go into? If you want to keep using tonitrus, Strength will be your best bet as it scales the best with Strength (B scaling). Gems are an alternative weapon to up your damage. Since most of them are percentage based, you will want to focus on physical damage since you will get the greatest yield of bonus damage from boosting physical damage.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So apparently you CAN get summoned into a New Game+ fight even if you are not in New Game+ yourself.

Was helping a bunch of people fighting
Martyr Logarius
and in one of them I got summoned into a New Game Plus fight since the beckoner used a Burial Blade and the by beating the boss the game afforded me more than 50.000-ish echoes... the typical reward is around 10.000-ish.

That was surprising.

Ebolarama

Banned
Not as far as I know but I can make one real quick for you.

- Alfred (give an item you get at the end of Cainhurst Castle)
____

THE UMBILICAL CORDS

-Cord from Old Abandoned Workshop
- Cord from Iosefka (only attained AFTER killing Rom)
- Cord from Arianna (must be alive and only gotten after Micolash is dead)
- Cord from Mergo's Wet Nurse

Any idea where Alfred has gone? I've finished Cainhurst and I've encountered Mergo's Wet Nurse. He isn't where I thought he would be
(am I correct that he's the man you pray with outside of the Cathedral)?
I'm also unsure where to find
Arianna

Platinum get!

And the first proper one, too. (Not counting Walking Dead automatic platinum.)

What a game. This will probably be one those games I will compare every other to.

Feels good!

Zocano

Any idea where Alfred has gone? I've finished Cainhurst and I've encountered Mergo's Wet Nurse. He isn't where I thought he would be
(am I correct that he's the man you pray with outside of the Cathedral)?
I'm also unsure where to find
Arianna

So either
you gave him the Cainhurst summons, he went there and did his thing and you can't find him- In which case he will be in his original spot where you first met him praying.

Or you never gave him the summons and he's standing near the door that leads to Forbidden Woods (the password door).

As for the other thing:

If she was alive up getting to Mergo's Wet nurse then you'll want to go to Cathedral Ward again, where she would have been sitting, and look at the blood on the ground.

Ebolarama

Banned
So either
you gave him the Cainhurst summons, he went there and did his thing and you can't find him- In which case he will be in his original spot where you first met him praying.

Or you never gave him the summons and he's standing near the door that leads to Forbidden Woods (the password door).

As for the other thing:

If she was alive up getting to Mergo's Wet nurse then you'll want to go to Cathedral Ward again, where she would have been sitting, and look at the blood on the ground.

Oh, I think I sent that one stranger there because everyone ended up dead. And I never gave him the Summons, but I swore the blood oath to the Queen. I'll check the locations you gave me.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Zocano

Oh, I think I sent that one stranger there because everyone ended up dead. And I never gave him the Summons, but I swore the blood oath to the Queen. I'll check the locations you gave me.
Thanks for the quick reply.

She was
the sultry talking lady in one of the houses if that helps you remember which one it was. if you sent her there then welp, there's always next playthrough.

The blood oath won't hurt progressing his quest.

__

Fighting the final boss
____ Gehrman______
on an SL1 playthrough is quite possibly the best fight in the game. Still haven't beaten him and will take me probably another few hours till I get him down perfectly. What a fight.

Zocano

hey guys where to find more chunks + rocks in chalices?

defiled ones or other ones?

As far as rocks, you're best off looking up Dungeon chalice codes for the blood rocks. Google is your friend.

Chunks though? You don't get any boost in discovery from chalices and the RNG is probably even worse as far as finding them lying around in the chalices. You are either better off just straight farming
the blue-eyed werewolves in Upper Cathedral Ward
or
the zombie ones in Yahar'gul

However, personally? I suggest just running through NG+'s to get your chunks. I think it's way faster and more lucrative and less mind numbingly boring/tedious. You can get to the chunk areas very very quickly if you just berserk through the critical path.

BuzzZaw75

Neo Member
Need a little help, input and suggestions with
Ebrietas

I tried her solo about 6-7 times and once had her down to just about 15-20% health when she smacked me and laser tagged me back-to-back. The other times I just got smacked around before dealing much damage. I get near but end up being bottled up in the front with no place to move.

What Armor do I really need against her....more Frenzy, more Arcane, Physical, Blood or what?

I'm using a Holy Blade +9 with Fire Gems (9% and 10%). Should I go with Phy. & Arcane w/Bolt Paper or keeping the Fire Gems ok? I have a Tonitrus but it's only +6 and the Axe at +8. I have just one Bolt Gem.

Minamu

So I just entered NG+ and reached the Music Box girl and Gascoigne. I have the red ribbon now, but the girl is gone and there's no response. Is there another requirement for finishing this thing? I just reached the Cathedral Ward cutscene.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Is it necessary to do Great Isz and Lower Loran chalice dungeons in order to be able to do the final chalice dungeon (Great Pthumeru Ihyll)?

I'm well aware I need to defeat
Amygdala
in
Defiled
chalice to unlock the final dungeon lol.

gunbo13

Damn, not sure what weapon to run NG+++ with. Having done Cane, BB, and BoM is sad cause I doubt anything will break that top 3. And honestly, I enjoy BoM more then Cane on NG+ runs. For those that are timid and as I stated in my last post, it is more then formidable even with the short range. BoM also wrecks certain enemies that are a little trickier with other weapons. Werewolves for example are stun locked and will wipe out with no retaliation.

I wonder if capping and posting boss/hunter fights on NG+++ with BoM would be the best use of time. Maybe gem farm a bit first. As opposed to using chikage, which is pretty boring (wasted chunks). Maybe a gun weapon or a mix of weapons.

Weapons not in good esteem:
Chikage (simple)
Axe (simple)
Kirk (simple, but hammer is kinda fun yet super slow)
Wheel (very slow)
Ludwig (...)
Saw cleaver (simple)
Saw spear (simple)
Tonitrus (whack buzz whack buzz)

Interest:
Reiter
Rifle Spear
Stake Driver
Beast Claw

God tier:
Cane
Burial Blade
Blades of Mercy

Quite a lot to think about. Maybe I'm wrong with some analysis.

knitoe

Is it necessary to do Great Isz and Lower Loran chalice dungeons in order to be able to do the final chalice dungeon (Great Pthumeru Ihyll)?

Amygdala
in
Defiled

My last time, I didn't have to do Isz. Not sure about lower loran. I did do it maybe for materials.

I now have 2 save files where I can't find Eileen anywhere. Does anyone know if they are going to patch this or what might have triggered her to not show up at all?

Just beat THe one reborn(had the game since launch lol). Should I keep going to that massive stairs past that boss' bonfire or explore that forest after library? I dont want to ruin any npc questlines.

Need a little help, input and suggestions with
Ebrietas

I tried her solo about 6-7 times and once had her down to just about 15-20% health when she smacked me and laser tagged me back-to-back. The other times I just got smacked around before dealing much damage. I get near but end up being bottled up in the front with no place to move.

What Armor do I really need against her....more Frenzy, more Arcane, Physical, Blood or what?

I'm using a Holy Blade +9 with Fire Gems (9% and 10%). Should I go with Phy. & Arcane w/Bolt Paper or keeping the Fire Gems ok? I have a Tonitrus but it's only +6 and the Axe at +8. I have just one Bolt Gem.
Not sure if you're doing it already or not but for that fight I had to unlock the camera most of the time. She can hit you with those tentacles that'll knock off a massive chunk of health so I just ended up unlocking the camera and rolling about.

EL CUCO

Amygdala
in
Defiled
I had to do Great Isz to get the 2 extra Red Jelly's that I needed to conduct the ritual for GP chalice (need 4 total).

knitoe

I had to do Great Isz to get the 2 extra Red Jelly's that I needed to conduct the ritual for GP chalice (need 4 total).

You get 2 jellies from the Lecture Building. And, you can get 2 more from either Lower Loran or Isz. Thus, you only need to do one or the other. Looking at the bosses, Isz is probably more easy.

Haha yep. That's the true Paarl fight. It has a crapton of health and does not stagger as easily as Paarl. I always mention it whenever people talk shit about how easy the Paarl fight was.
Ok that makes sense. Paarl wanted nothing to do with the +6 Ludwig sword. I ended up getting the Blades of Mercy and it looks to scale really well with 27 skill at +5 as well. I wonder if that will make quick work of the Shadows of Yarnham when I get to them.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
So I beat the game and saw all three endings.

Can someone explain them to me? I haven't really followed the story in this game.

I originally wasn't going to mess with the chalice dungeons, but after getting all three endings I feel like that platinum trophy is obtainable.

Can someone explain them to me? I haven't really followed the story in this game.

I originally wasn't going to mess with the chalice dungeons, but after getting all three endings I feel like that platinum trophy is obtainable.

Well its all up to interpretations and there are many takes on the plot. For example here is a short over view or a long 90 pages take on the plot. Are these correct? who knows? Most of them are very similar main points with some differences.

J. Bravo

So I get that fire gems only scale with arcane, of which I have very little. But for the v
icar amelia fight would it be worth it to try since she's weak to fire?

edit: also. using holyblade right now. do I get both str and skill to 25 then to 50?

So I get that fire gems only scale with arcane, of which I have very little. But for the v
icar amelia fight would it be worth it to try since she's weak to fire?

edit: also. using holyblade right now. do I get both str and skill to 25 then to 50?

If you're not an arcane character, just use fire paper.

For Ludwig's I would just keep going with whatever stat build you were going to make as it can support pure skill or pure strength, or a mix of the two. You want to be able to level up Vitality (and possibly a bit of Endurance) as well so I wouldn't suggest spending more than 50 points between the two stats too early in the game.

cslesce

Watchdog on layer 2 of the defiled chalice NEED HELP.
PSN: medenko1975
Level: 145-150 around
Glyph code: where do i see this?

pm or send message on psn.

please.

1.- Ending

You survived the night but decided to left the dream to probably be summoned again in the next hunt season

2.- Endinga

You survived the night but decided to refuse to let the Dream which angers gerhamn, kill him makes you you take his place as the host of the Dream

2.- Endingb

You survived the night but decided to refuse to let the Dream which angers gerhamn, He managed to kill you probably sends you to ending 1

3.- Ending

Eating the three cords in the process to summon the great ones. You survived the night but decided to refuse to let the Dream, which angers gerhamn, kill him makes you take his place as the host of the Dream but you managed to awaken the moon presence great one, Defeating him makes you ascend and become a great one

Top Bottom