• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

yeah this place is a good echo farming spot too. just lamp --> boss gives me like 15k. but the boss is killing me with this binding thing that I can't get out of, and she just slits my throat until i die. wtf.
Just watch out for the projectiles and dodge them so you don't get stunned!

danthefan

Nightmare of Mensis
can go and get fucked. I can't even get into the fucking
castle with its frenzy spam and mob of silverbeasts.

ya i got her the 3rd time just by being more aggressive. wasn't too bad at all.

edit? also, good or bad idea to make my holy blade do fire dmg instead of physical?
Bad idea unless you are focusing on Arcane as your primary attack stat. If you are more Strength/Skill you want to stick with physical damage. If you use a gem to change your damage to elemental you won't get any scaling bonuses from your Strength/Skill stats.

danthefan

Yeah, think I'm done with the game now. Just finding NoM to be too much of a frustration. Getting up into the
castle
is bad enough, then I just get destroyed by the
hunter.

Enjoyment is gone sadly.

Nightmare of Mensis
can go and get fucked. I can't even get into the fucking
castle with its frenzy spam and mob of silverbeasts.

Haha! I was waiting for you to get to this :)

Break out your Ashen gear or your gear with the highest Frenzy resist and fight behind cover. Sedatives help tremendously if you have them.

If all else fails,
Charge the castle. Blue Elixers help with this. Run past everything straight for the doors. I've never seen the big rock-throwing guys follow inside, but I think I remember a Silverbeast following to fight in the doorway.

You can do it!

For the hunter easy-mode, do you have the stats to wield the cannon? Bone Marrow Ash, fire, and his health is next to nothing.

SxP

Finally beat E
brietas
. It was a good idea to first to the Nightmare of Mensis before I returned and tried fighting her again. I was so much stronger. +5 points in Vit, + 7 points in STR, the final upgrade for my Ludwig's Holy Blade, and most importantly some much better gems. The difference in my damage output was insane. Though, to be fair, the main reason I beat her this time was because I was able to dodge her mad tentacle swipes in Phase 2. Those always got me previously.

And leaving the Chalice Dungeons until just before the last boss was maybe not the best idea in terms of having some semblance of challenge in the early dungeons. Some bosses died in two combos, while being stunlocked throughout.

Break out your Ashen gear or your gear with the highest Frenzy resist and fight behind cover. Sedatives help tremendously if you have them.

If all else fails,
Charge the castle. Blue Elixers help with this. Run past everything straight for the doors. I've never seen the big rock-throwing guys follow inside, but I think I remember a Silverbeast following to fight in the doorway.

You can do it!
On top of this good advice I would also suggest equipping any runes you have that increase Frenzy resistance (or all resistances). Major lifesaver in this area!

danthefan

If all else fails,

You can do it!

For the hunter easy-mode, do you have the stats to wield the cannon? Bone Marrow Ash, fire, and his health is next to nothing.

Yeah I can use the cannon, thanks, will give that a go. Have the doors open now so I'm just going to rush the castle from now on.

J. Bravo

Bad idea unless you are focusing on Arcane as your primary attack stat. If you are more Strength/Skill you want to stick with physical damage. If you use a gem to change your damage to elemental you won't get any scaling bonuses from your Strength/Skill stats.

ah okay makes sense. thanks. i have 25 strength and 14 skill at the moment so I"ll just keep it physical for this playthrough.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Yeah, think I'm done with the game now. Just finding NoM to be too much of a frustration. Getting up into the
castle
is bad enough, then I just get destroyed by the
hunter.

Enjoyment is gone sadly.
Run past everything instead of trying to fight everything. I ran past everything, including the hunter and unlocked the shortcut. If you try and fight your way through it will be frustrating.

Seriously. Ignore everything. Fo not stop for anything. Just get to the shortcut that is just after where the hunter appears. If you run past the hunter he will not try and follow you.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Fuck you Rom !! Fuuuuuck you !!
If it was a real me in there I would grab one of those blue rocks and shove it in your ass !
arrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

I'll just try again....

EL CUCO

I fought the spiders in the NoM with my eyes closed.

R
om's
face also freaked me out.
OMG I hated NoM...especially with that
BIG
one. I've yet to go back and explore there. I just ran passed that whole floor and never looked back.

How to kill Watchdog of the Old Lords in Defiled Chalices? :(
I am by no means an expert, but this is what I did to beat him (it can be done by an average skilled player cause I did it! lol) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu5KVHne4QE I watched some other people's video and strategies, but they were all waaaay more profiecient about not getting hit than I am so I took my time and baited him into the attacks and then R2'd his head when I could with my Axe. Learning all his attacks and their tells are vital (and missing his charge which can 1-shot you).

I was level 112 when I beat him, with full Bone Ash armor, two Health Runes + 1 Fire damage resist rune as well if that helps. Good luck!

Woo, beat the
Witches of Hemwick
. They were easy, I just hated that
homing grab attack thing
. It would sometimes get me from off camera, so that was annoying. Good thing I had high-ish VIT, so their
throat cut
attack didn't do too much damage.

danthefan

Run past everything instead of trying to fight everything. I ran past everything, including the hunter and unlocked the shortcut. If you try and fight your way through it will be frustrating.

Seriously. Ignore everything. Fo not stop for anything. Just get to the shortcut that is just after where the hunter appears. If you run past the hunter he will not try and follow you.

You were so right. Ran past everything, unlocked that shortcut, came back up with a backstab + visceral on the hunter and then just took two hits to finish him.

Arjen

Woo, beat the
Witches of Hemwick
. They were easy, I just hated that
homing grab attack thing
. It would sometimes get me from off camera, so that was annoying. Good thing I had high-ish VIT, so their
throat cut
attack didn't do too much damage.

If you look closely you'll see they gauge out your eyes. Not cut your throat

Adaren

OMG I hated NoM...especially with that
BIG
one. I've yet to go back and explore there. I just ran passed that whole floor and never looked back.

I would shoot a spider with my gun and then run all the way out of the building. They get stuck on the doors and I killed them through the walls with the whip jump attack. If a baby spider ever got through the doorway (they rarely can) I'd close my eyes and mash R1 until I heard the Blood Echoes sound.

Same thing happens with the big one, except it would randomly put its legs through the wall, causing me to flinch irl, close my eyes, and run my character to the back of the room. ><

I swear that the devs put those doorways there just for people who needed to cheese that part...otherwise I probably would never have finished the game lol.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
You were so right. Ran past everything, unlocked that shortcut, came back up with a backstab + visceral on the hunter and then just took two hits to finish him.

That's one of the things about this game. If you're in an area that is kicking your ass just run past everything and try to open up a shortcut. The Nightmare of Mensis is the perfect example.

keit4

Banned
CE6wFusWAAEspJr.jpg

Easiest platinum of the series for me. It took me 81:30 hours. Not bad considering that i missed the living string in my first run so i had to go through the game a second time to be able to complete the Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice ritual.

Great game but not at the same level of Demon's Souls or Dark Souls tho.

MUnited83

For you.
Just realized that in the bridge where a guy sents a big ball of fire, if you run to the end quickly enough, the guy that punches the ball will hit the ball and be knocked back it and lose almost all the health ahah

man, why can't i summon anyone? tried so many times to get help with Blood-starved Beast but it can never find anyone... but if i ring my small bell i'm summoned immediately, all the time. at the same exact place. wtf?

could anyone help, maybe with a password? (im lvl 35). i really want to know if it even works.. because i can't beat this game on my own lol.

Minamu

Other ppl also want help with their own boss, and are not using their small bell, only their big one. So no one is willing to help others, only get help for themselves.

Other ppl also want help with their own boss, and are not using their small bell, only their big one. So no one is willing to help others, only get help for themselves.

i dunno.. now i can't get summoned either. been trying all this time.. shit seems broken.

oh well im going to try BSB alone once again and get wrecked when he's 2-5 hits from death. it's just not fun wasting vials and bullets and antidotes.. :(

Korosenai

Pthumerian D in Grand P Chalice is no pushover.

I'm grinding him for blood gems in a cursed, fetid, and rotting chalice.... i've only managed to beat him once and it took all 120 of my blood vials before I did. It is the only boss in the game that has managed to make me use that many in one go.

I'm looking at what he meant and holy crap that thing looks like a pain in the ass. The terrain looks pretty tight too.
Haha yep. That's the true Paarl fight. It has a crapton of health and does not stagger as easily as Paarl. I always mention it whenever people talk shit about how easy the Paarl fight was.
He wasn't, but Abhorrent Beast is a fucking dick as well. (probably more so in Loran)
Abhorrent is an awesome fight that really makes you get good. One of my favorite.

squidyj

Here's a low quality video of one of my cursed amygdala kills in case anybody is still not really sure on how to go about it. Also, it went REALLY well, didn't get scratched, but I still haven't found (the nourishing abyssal) what I'm looking for.

I predict more amygdala kills and save scumming in my future :l

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucSYndgsnUA

Top Bottom