• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Minamu

So I finally beat Defiled W
atchdog
- is Defiled A
mygdala
worse? :/
Nah he's much easier to cheese if that's what you want to do :) Still fairly hard though until you get a hang of it all. The first boss probably hits harder with the rush but it's also easier to see beforehand than the second's equivalent hand crushing move.

So I finally got the Tonitrus(now +3). And I can finally go one on one with Snatchers! :D
Now, do I fight
Vicar Amelia
again? Hmm, I've already beat
Witches of Hemwick
and
the two hunters by the Grand Cathedral

Stats are:
Level- 49
Vit- 28
End- 21
Str- 20
Sk- 13
BT- 8
Arc- 9

Saw Cleaver+4
LHB+5
Tonitrus+3

Also have three runes equipped:
Heir, Lake, and Moon.

So I finally got the Tonitrus(now +3). And I can finally go one on one with Snatchers! :D
Now, do I fight
Vicar Amelia
again? Hmm, I've already beat
Witches of Hemwick
and
the two hunters by the Grand Cathedral

Stats are:
Level- 49
Vit- 28
End- 21
Str- 20
Sk- 13
BT- 8
Arc- 9

Saw Cleaver+4
LHB+5
Tonitrus+3

Also have three runes equipped:
Heir, Lake, and Moon.
Yeah
Vicar Amelia
is a story boss.

HardRojo

Just beat Vicar Amelia on my NG+ playthrough. I hadn't touched Bloodborne for about 2 weeks but it feels good to be back.
Vicar Amelia NG+
I think I was somewhat sloppy. I'll pick the pace back up as I keep playing again.

J. Bravo

vicar amelia was a really easy fight but I do have a holy blade +5 (or w/e u can get to without chunks), and was at lvl 50? I think. wanna say i had 30 vit, 25 str, 15 skill. beat her on the 3rd try.

edit: at below, yes , in my top 10 games. not that I've ever made such a list, but it would def be there. maybe top 5.

My friend wanted to know what Gaf's consensus on Bloodborne was. I told him it was one of my top 10 games of all time but he still doesn't know if he wants to pick it up. So what should I tell him? What's the consensus?

benjammin

My friend wanted to know what Gaf's consensus on Bloodborne was. I told him it was one of my top 10 games of all time but he still doesn't know if he wants to pick it up. So what should I tell him? What's the consensus?

It's easily the best game I've played this generation by a huge margin. A great interconnected world with fast pace and aggressive combat and enemies. Plenty to see and do, plenty to do postgame, and each boss encounter is just unique enough to make them all exciting, even the easier ones. I wish I could travel back in time two months to play it fresh again

Drencrom

Your friend takes this GAF persons word over yours?

Seriously though, just tell him it's an amazing game. It's easily the best game so far this gen imo.

vicar amelia was a really easy fight but I do have a holy blade +5 (or w/e u can get to without chunks), and was at lvl 50? I think. wanna say i had 30 vit, 25 str, 15 skill. beat her on the 3rd try.

edit: at below, yes , in my top 10 games. not that I've ever made such a list, but it would def be there. maybe top 5.

Geez way over level D:

Overall I believe the feedback has been overwhelming positive. Of course there are some issues such as the coop system, lack of different builds, etc but its noting really major. I would highly recommend this game if your friend like the previous souls games.

If anyone is having trouble finding inflicted organs for the foetid offering, you might be interested in a chalice dungeon I made. It has six of them lying around in chests.

Glyph: e75tx77d

There is one chest with one on Layer one or two (don't remember which) and a chest with four(!) on layer three, as well as another one with one on layer three.

The bosses to get to layer three are easy (beast-possessed soul and merciless watchers)

It's a lower Pthumeru dungeon without any offerings.

TheBear

I just unlocked the pthumeru root chalice. Is there any reason to keep going in that same dungeon or should I activate the root chalice?

Adaren

My GOAT. Unapologetically amazing in a dozen different ways.

Good luck! And yeah just focus on a limb. After enough damage, you will break the "armor" causing a stagger and the chance to perform a visceral attack on her head/face.

Hit her hand holding the watch.

I dont remember pretty well but she is around 32 to 36 lv boss
Woo! Beat her! :D
My hands are shaking, haha. Molotovs and fire paper helped. I was a bit sloppy, but made it. :)

Now, is it necessary to turn the world to night? Or can I keep going normally?

inthrall

Woo! Beat her! :D
My hands are shaking, haha. Molotovs and fire paper helped. I was a bit sloppy, but made it. :)

Now, is it necessary to turn the world to night? Or can I keep going normally?

Turning the world to night unlocks the next part of the story, so you will have to change it eventually

J. Bravo

Geez way over level D:

Overall I believe the feedback has been overwhelming positive. Of course there are some issues such as the coop system, lack of different builds, etc but its noting really major. I would highly recommend this game if your friend like the previous souls games.

lol really? I didn't farm that much, at least I don't think I did. I cleared the charnel lane and then ran it a couple times but that's it. i also didn't get hit too much by amelia. she's pretty easy to attack without getting touched.

Has anyone bested Rom at SL4? I've only had a handful of attempts thus far, but man, this is not going to be fun at all.

An asshole boss is an asshole boss even in a low level dreeeeeaaaaam.

Zocano

Has anyone bested Rom at SL4? I've only had a handful of attempts thus far, but man, this is not going to be fun at all.

An asshole boss is an asshole boss even in a low level dreeeeeaaaaam.

I uh... had a pretty easy time with him.

I've never thought the boss was hard, though. I took my time and killed the adds, if that helps you.

I uh... had a pretty easy time with him.

I've never thought the boss was hard, though. I took my time and killed the adds, if that helps you.

As a Waste of Skin? Or in general? Sure, he's extremely easy when you can afford to cop the odd crystal torpedo, but at Level 4, it's a pretty different ballgame.

Zocano

As a Waste of Skin? Or in general? Sure, he's extremely easy when you can afford to cop the odd crystal torpedo, but at Level 4, it's a pretty different ballgame.

I'm at -final boss-
Gehrman
on my SL1 run and Rom is a joke compared to him and Martyr L

You just want to stay close to Rom and proc his mid-range/close-range attacks instead of the rain of death.

I'm at -final boss-
Gehrman
on my SL1 run and Rom is a joke compared to him and Martyr L

You just want to stay close to Rom and proc his mid-range/close-range attacks instead of the rain of death.

Haha. Damn. Guess I've got a lot of "fun" times ahead of me. Final boss I can definitely see being a lot more difficult, but Logarius seems like he'd be reasonably manageable/predictable.

And yep, I'm staying close. Like I said, I've only had a few attempts, but I'm not envisioning the most stress-free time. And to think of all the wasted Bolt Paper...

Cheers for the feedback, Zocano.

Zocano

Haha. Damn. Guess I've got a lot of "fun" times ahead of me. Final boss I can definitely see being a lot more difficult, but Logarius seems like he'd be reasonably manageable/predictable.

And yep, I'm staying close. Like I said, I've only had a few attempts, but I'm not envisioning the most stress-free time. And to think of all the wasted Bolt Paper...

Cheers for the feedback, Zocano.

Few more tips: Avoid using limited resources as much as possible and just try to learn to be consistent at avoiding damage. I would only suggest using bolt paper after *several* attempts. This applies to healing vials and bullets, too.

Marty Logs was difficult because you could die very quickly very suddenly and it just required being completely perfect the entire run. The same applies for the last boss but it's even more grueling and difficult. At least the run is super super short for the latter. I imagine I clocked around 3 hours on Loggy and I am definitely sure I will eclipse that number for the last one.

Last thing, on bosses like Logs where you can abuse the parry system, having Oedon Writhe, Clawmark, and Blood Rapture runes on is actually super helpful. At least for me it is. It's preventing me from running out of resources at all (in-fact I think I've used nearly 0 in total for the last boss) if you use it in combination with making blood bullets (up on d-pad).

Few more tips: Avoid using limited resources as much as possible and just try to learn to be consistent at avoiding damage. I would only suggest using bolt paper after *several* attempts. This applies to healing vials and bullets, too.

Yep. This is actually a very good tip that, whilst simple, doesn't naturally occur in the mind of an impatient "adult" not very fond of being humbled by video games.

Cheers!

squidyj

OK that's good advice, blunt. What else just bait the slaM?

yeah just stand at range and try to get the slam until she enters her second phase. In that phase I hugged her side for a while and wailed on her but it seemed kinda dicey.

Edit: Farming for these 9.8% and 72.5 arcane gems is boring as fuck.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Wow. I was expecting it to be very hard and very frustrating but I was able to defeat Rom in the chalice dungeon on the first try. My level 10 Ludwig and bolt paper did massive damage.

I am at level 125 and have 39 and 40 invested in skill and strength as well as vitality of 41.
Nevertheless, I was expecting it to be much tougher.

I'm curious- Pure Blood Chikage users, how do you all deal with the Defile Chalice?

I have 40/40 SKL/BLT so I can fall back on whatever Skill weapons as back-up but with an already small margin of error, that constant hp draining has got to be a nightmare.

So this invasion is going over 1h now already. The host is hiding in the boss room and does not leave...

http://www.twitch.tv/rhoparkour

I'm curious- Pure Blood Chikage users, how do you all deal with the Defile Chalice?

I have 40/40 SKL/BLT so I can fall back on whatever Skill weapons as back-up but with an already small margin of error, that constant hp draining has got to be a nightmare.

Chalices are the reason I put 25 in skill.

Wow. I was expecting it to be very hard and very frustrating but I was able to defeat Rom in the chalice dungeon on the first try. My level 10 Ludwig and bolt paper did massive damage.

I am at level 125 and have 39 and 40 invested in skill and strength as well as vitality of 41.
Nevertheless, I was expecting it to be much tougher.

It was kinda tought at lv 60 :p

Top Bottom