• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Ushiwaka

Finally!

WWQaANf.jpg

What a ride. Amazing game, GOTY for sure. Gonna take a break now and come back for an arcane build.

chunk3rvd

Isz Chalice is definitely one of the best locations in the game. Love the art style and it adds some interesting mechanics I didn't see in other chalice dungeons

Out of interest - do the Sinister versions of chalice create PVP bell ringing ladies or just ones that summon red enemies?

myco666

So what now after
emissary and ebrietas?

Well most likely you only have final boss left so search every item you need before moving to NG+.

Just finished few remaining Chalices I hadn't beaten yet. Managed to beat Abhorrent Beast first try in Lower Loran Chalice. Had to resort to poison knives at the end of the fight when he had little bit of health left and I had no vials. Going to try without poison knives next time.

I've been taking my sweet time with this game, I actually only get enough time for a few hours most weekends. As a result I've only just reached the Forbidden Woods but I've enjoyed it immensely. Most engaged I've been in a game since Red Dead Redemption. Had a blast helping people with Vicar Amelia a couple of weekends ago.

I may be a bit lightweight, but I really really enjoy the co-op on this game. In particular using the small resonant bell whenever I reach a new area. Helps me get a preview of what I have to deal with and nets me some valuable blood echoes along the way!

My most recent adventures involved getting (NPC spoilers)
Adella to the Cathedral Ward from the Hypogean Gaol
and attempting to assist Eileen with (Eileen quest spoilers)
battling Henryk at Oedon Chapel. Unfortunately in trying to help I used an R2 attack that hit Eileen and killed her off, so I had to finish Henryk's last health slivers alone. Have I missed anything vital by having Eileen die at this point?

Does anyone know what a good next set of armour might be for me? I currently have the Yahargul set on all the time. Also weighing up obtaining the Blade of Mercy, is it worth it if I have Ludwig's holy blade already?

Thanks all!

zoukka

Well most likely you only have final boss left so search every item you need before moving to NG+.

Just finished few remaining Chalices I hadn't beaten yet. Managed to beat Abhorrent Beast first try in Lower Loran Chalice. Had to resort to poison knives at the end of the fight when he had little bit of health left and I had no vials. Going to try without poison knives next time.

Well I've got no idea where the final boss resides!

myco666

I've been taking my sweet time with this game, I actually only get enough time for a few hours most weekends. As a result I've only just reached the Forbidden Woods but I've enjoyed it immensely. Most engaged I've been in a game since Red Dead Redemption. Had a blast helping people with Vicar Amelia a couple of weekends ago.

I may be a bit lightweight, but I really really enjoy the co-op on this game. In particular using the small resonant bell whenever I reach a new area. Helps me get a preview of what I have to deal with and nets me some valuable blood echoes along the way!

My most recent adventures involved getting (NPC spoilers)
Adella to the Cathedral Ward from the Hypogean Gaol
and attempting to assist Eileen with (Eileen quest spoilers)
battling Henryk at Oedon Chapel. Unfortunately in trying to help I used an R2 attack that hit Eileen and killed her off, so I had to finish Henryk's last health slivers alone. Have I missed anything vital by having Eileen die at this point?

Does anyone know what a good next set of armour might be for me? I currently have the Yahargul set on all the time. Also weighing up obtaining the Blade of Mercy, is it worth it if I have Ludwig's holy blade already?

Thanks all!

You missed out on Hunter covenant since you can't finish her questline anymore. Not really a big deal IMO. Armor Sets have really similar stats aside from some resistances so use just what you think looks the best unless you want some particular resistance. BoM isn't really that good in PvE since it is so short and the damage output is low. I would stick to LHB but it really also depends on your stats and if you want to have slow hard hitting weapon or fast low hitting weapon.

Well I've got no idea where the final boss resides!

What areas/ bosses have you beaten then?

Auctopus

Just got the Plat so some final thoughts...

+ Aesthetics/Art Design: Stellar. More coherent and consistent than previous games and the way the architecture and enemy types develops towards the late-game is so natural. FROM managed to completely change my expectations/thoughts on the mood of the game in such a delicate manner, I've been left very impressed.

+ Combat: Just when you thought Souls combat couldn't get better, it does. Okay, that's subjective but I've been back to Dark Souls (my GOAT) and whilst I appreciate the whole game is a slower pace, the combat just isn't as satisfying as Bloodborne. You feel in complete control and using the i-frames to your advantage is much clearer than in previous games. I think I prefer the quality/quantity in terms of the number of weapons in the game as each weapons now has a clear purpose, it's more rewarding to experiment.

+ Enemy Encounters: Unlike multiple times in DS2 and some rare moments in DS1, there was only one moment I felt that the game was being cheap; Shadow of Yharnam. Other than that, the game gives you suitable tools to tackle any situation and with this they've removed some of the frustration from the series without removing the challenge (despite the game being the easiest of the series).

- Replayability: Okay, this is the big one for me. Despite the game fully living up to my expectations in the gameplay department, I thought I'd be playing this game over and over for the next year and a half like I did with Dark Souls but no. The lack of build variety reduces the desire for multiple playthroughs, the weak online component makes it more difficulty to connect and the streamlining of the main story means there's less moments like tackling Pinwheel first in Dark Souls 1. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the game to the max, I just never thought I'd reach the max.

- Co-Op/Online: Very disappointing compared to other games. It takes forever to summon and despite the game selling incredibly well, the online play is sparse to say the least. One of my favourite things to do in Dark Souls was to create characters that would go help with certain bosses, I could easily do about 4 boss defeats in about half an hour. In Bloodborne, it takes about half an hour to to connect to 1 or 2 people's games. I was invaded once during my whole time with the game which is just bananas to me.

~ Streamlining: This had some positives and negatives. The streamlining of the game reduced replayability and build variety, however it made more non-issue difficulty aspects of the series a thing of the past. I didn't have to worry about sharing my resources between armour and weapons, I didn't have to worry about whether I was using the correct weapon for my progress in the game or whether I was using the right armour. In fact, the armour variety is one of my favourite things about Bloodborne, that each armour has a specific purpose or defence. It certainly made my playthroughs less frustrating but made me not really need to play the game again now I've got my Plat.

~ Chalice Dungeons: Again, not a positive or negative, really. They were a good feature that could've been implemented better. They were too obscure, even for the Souls series and I felt they could've been implemented in to the plot of the game a little better. They were nice for farming and getting items but in the end, that isn't what I wanted from a Souls game and I realised all it was doing was scratching my WOW Raid itch a little. Some of the best bosses were here, however: Yharnam, Bloodletting Beast and I personally enjoyed Ebrietas more in the dungeons but the dullness of running those dungeons over and over again really put a damper on the whole experience.

What I'd like from DLC: 1 weapon and 2 new armours. Plot points that bring together the history of Yharnam a little more clearly and leave less room for speculation and maybe an area that isn't completely Gothic/Lovecraftian - I really liked the sandy tombs of Loran.

Overall Souls Ranking:

Dark Souls 1
Bloodborne
Demon's Souls
Dark Souls 2

SxP

Got the Beast Claw, and that'll be all for me and Chalice Dungeons. They're just so... boring. Pretty much everything I love about these games is absent in Chalice Dungeons. I'm close to the Platinum, but it's just not worth it, it's such a slog.

myco666

I guess all of them. Can't remember any places being locked anymore and I have triggered a change in the scenery.

Have you beaten
Nightmare of Mensis
? If yes then go to
Hunters Dream
for final boss. But be warned that after you beat final boss you will be thrown into NG+ immediately so get everything before that.

Just started playing last night and killed the first boss this morning. Pretty much digging the combat. Is there anything I should know about the game? An early powerful weapon ( like in Dark Souls or Demon's)? Any tips?

MUnited83

For you.
I have blood tinge at level 5 and I've just gone through half of Old Yharnam already using just my axe weapon. I guess I'll try to update my blood tinge since I have access to the repeating pistol. The hunter pistol was not doing much damage.

Guns are not for damage(unless you are running a bloodtinge build). Guns are for parrying. By shooting the enemies just as they are hitting you, you will perform a parry and they will be stunned. Click R1 when they are stunned to do a visceral attack, which does massive damage.

Alpende

I think most people would say go for the Hunter's Axe as that is probably the most OP out of the starter weapons. other than that there isn't an early powerful weapon as far as I know.

Just explore and enjoy the game.

zoukka

Have you beaten
Nightmare of Mensis
? If yes then go to
Hunters Dream
for final boss. But be warned that after you beat final boss you will be thrown into NG+ immediately so get everything before that.

Yeah haven't beaten that one.
I guess Mensis refers to unseen village?

Yeah haven't beaten that one.
I guess Mensis refers to unseen village?

You get to N
ightmare
of M
ensis
after you've beaten the boss in the U
nseen
V
illage

Just started playing last night and killed the first boss this morning. Pretty much digging the combat. Is there anything I should know about the game? An early powerful weapon ( like in Dark Souls or Demon's)? Any tips?

You can press D-Pad up to get 5 additional bullets at the cost of some of your health (something many people don't find out until late into the game).
That's something I missed too at first.

myco666

Oh lol maybe I missed it? I thought
darkbeast
was the boss :0

Nope that is totally optional boss and part of Old Yharnam. Just explore
Yahar'gul
more. There is also really good shortcut to the area boss but it is rather hidden and requires you to drop out of elevator.

You get to N
ightmare
of M
ensis
after you've beaten the boss in the U
nseen
V
illage

You can press D-Pad up to get 5 additional bullets at the cost of some of your health (something many people don't find out until late into the game).
That's something I missed too at first.

Yep, didn't know about it. Actually didn't know abut blood vials up until maybe 2 hours into the game actually. And no, that is not funny.

Second boss fight spoilers (if I didn't miss any):
Father Gascoigne
, fuck its awesome as much as Orntsein & Smough and Artorias...

A question: when I was fighting him, it said "weapon at risk", how I do I repair it?

gunbo13

I have to say, the blood stone chunk and blood rock situation is really stupid. Making them so rare only discourages me from experimenting with other weapons entirely.
Nothing prevents experimentation, you just won't have an arsenal of +9/10 weapons. The chunk/stone drops appear to be balanced for one +9/10 per play-through. Then the additional stones you get in the chalice dungeons are ill-balanced. Is the one weapon per play-through balance good or bad? I'm not entirely sure but I would say not necessarily great for those who have no intention of NG+. However, I also think it would be silly to have tons and tons of chunk drops in SP. It's a design decision, one I haven't necessarily agreed or disagreed with yet, though it isn't a horrible choice by any means.
However, I do think that the "slow response" is far too slow. It's not the absurdity that was many of Dark Souls II's parries, but it's a bad fit for this game. I'd like to say more, but I'm not totally clear on what you mean with the second sentence in that quote.
It really isn't if you consider how the game would play with your "fast response" idea. First, the animation would not make any sense. If you think of other action games with fast gun response, two things stand out a) The faster guns typically have no stun b) The physical attacks in the game can be done at almost the rate as the fastest gunshots. Only the BoM can come close to matching gunshot speed as far as I know and that's one weapon. You would be asking for quick gunshots with the heaviest of stuns, literally a crumple, when your physical attacks are far slower. Second, people would abuse the system. Yes, you could more twitch react with parries but you also could damage stack even worse with bloodtinge builds. With a repeating pistol, you could probably cheese out a boss without even trying, just stack bullets, use runes. Other weapons would make BB damage scaling a joke, avoiding any damage resets. Third, the AI would drive you nuts. They should have the same rules and if they could pretty much parry mid combination, the balance is all off again. Fourth, you would lose the necessity to dodge and be active. Players could camp and just visceral spam. Movement would be less emphasized in a title that is supposed to be emphasizing the speed more than ever.

There are more considerations, these are a few, but I'm sure From checked out faster gunshots. It probably broke two important rules, balance and intention. I don't see this game as an attempt to match the stylish action game sub-genre nor do I think it should be a gun heavy title. I think the balance is pretty good. But let's take your point further. I would have no issue if they created a further gun type for your system, let's say a pocket pistol class for the sake of discussion. This would be a quick fire gunshot, almost instant but there would be a few tradeoffs. Your parrying window needs to shrink by a large percentage, meaning to master quick parries you need a ton of practice with higher risk (other titles always reward for perfect frame parrying), and the damage needs to be very low. That I think would meet what you are looking for and "possibly" not kill the balance.
Trading shouldn't be possible, period. If their intention with trading was to encourage players to step out of an enemy's attack range to parry then not only do I think that's a bad idea on principle, I think trading is a terrible way to teach it.
Why? Trading means you mistimed your parry or did so at poor positioning. It's also better then a whiff, which From could have implemented as a pure punish for missing. And I don't see why you should get priority when the enemy hits you as well.
I would stick to LHB but it really also depends on your stats and if you want to have slow hard hitting weapon or fast low hitting weapon.
I would find a dumpster and toss that relic, stats be damned. There are many good alts.

So, you can continue chalice dungeons in NG+? Like you keep your progress and all ritual items?

I'm fearing that NG+ will become a joke at the rate I'm leveling. Also it will be nice change of pace after so many samey-looking dungeons.

Nothing prevents experimentation, you just won't have an arsenal of +9/10 weapons. The chunk/stone drops appear to be balanced for one +9/10 per play-through. Then the additional stones you get in the chalice dungeons are ill-balanced. Is the one weapon per play-through balance good or bad? I'm not entirely sure but I would say not necessarily great for those who have no intention of NG+. However, I also think it would be silly to have tons and tons of chunk drops in SP. It's a design decision, one I haven't necessarily agreed or disagreed with yet, though it isn't a horrible choice by any means.

It really isn't if you consider how the game would play with your "fast response" idea. First, the animation would not make any sense. If you think of other action games with fast gun response, two things stand out a) The faster guns typically have no stun b) The physical attacks in the game can be done at almost the rate as the fastest gunshots. Only the BoM can come close to matching gunshot speed as far as I know and that's one weapon. You would be asking for quick gunshots with the heaviest of stuns, literally a crumple, when your physical attacks are far slower. Second, people would abuse the system. Yes, you could more twitch react with parries but you also could damage stack even worse with bloodtinge builds. With a repeating pistol, you could probably cheese out a boss without even trying, just stack bullets, use runes. Other weapons would make BB damage scaling a joke, avoiding any damage resets. Third, the AI would drive you nuts. They should have the same rules and if they could pretty much parry mid combination, the balance is all off again. Fourth, you would lose the necessity to dodge and be active. Players could camp and just visceral spam. Movement would be less emphasized in a title that is supposed to be emphasizing the speed more than ever.

There are more considerations, these are a few, but I'm sure From checked out faster gunshots. It probably broke two important rules, balance and intention. I don't see this game as an attempt to match the stylish action game sub-genre nor do I think it should be a gun heavy title. I think the balance is pretty good. But let's take your point further. I would have no issue if they created a further gun type for your system, let's say a pocket pistol class for the sake of discussion. This would be a quick fire gunshot, almost instant but there would be a few tradeoffs. Your parrying window needs to shrink by a large percentage, meaning to master quick parries you need a ton of practice with higher risk (other titles always reward for perfect frame parrying), and the damage needs to be very low. That I think would meet what you are looking for and "possibly" not kill the balance.

Why? Trading means you mistimed your parry or did so at poor positioning. It's also better then a whiff, which From could have implemented as a pure punish for missing. And I don't see why you should get priority when the enemy hits you as well.

I would find a dumpster and toss that relic, stats be damned. There are many good alts.

Actually you can make a one +10, one +9 and +8 per playtrough (I did), if you find all the blood chunks, that's not to bad.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Defiled Chalice:

Iqobt57.jpg

Defeated.

Funny enough I had more trouble with W
atchdog of the Old Lords
than A
mygdala.

Now on to the final story Chalice for the platinum. It's the last trophy for me.

myco666

IMO LHB is better for PvE than BoM. BoM has really limited range and the damage just isn't there. For PvP BoM is great since you can pretty much destroy everyone if you manage to get the stunlock going.

You missed out on Hunter covenant since you can't finish her questline anymore. Not really a big deal IMO.

It's the best quest in the game and Eileen is awesome. Also you get the best gestures and the stamina rune is pretty damn good. Definitely something I would make a priority in my 2nd playthrough or NG+ if I missed it.

BoM isn't really that good in PvE since it is so short and the damage output is low. I would stick to LHB but it really also depends on your stats and if you want to have slow hard hitting weapon or fast low hitting weapon

Wut? BoM has crazy damage on the right build and insane stun lock potential. Not great for crowd control, but you can just switch to a Cane if required.

myco666

It's the best quest in the game and Eileen is awesome. Also you get the best gestures and the stamina rune is pretty damn good. Definitely something I would make a priority in my 2nd playthrough or NG+ if I missed it.

Wut? BoM has crazy damage on the right build and insane stun lock potential. Not great for crowd control, but you can just switch to a Cane if required.

Well I have only played with BoM +3 at the beginning of the game and it sucks at that point compared to the Cane. Guess it becomes better once you get it up to +10 and have higher Skill but early game the weapon is pretty bad IMO.

Yesterday I ran in a 3-gank squad, one of them was using the Arcane Rifle Spear. Fun times...

Well I have only played with BoM +3 at the beginning of the game and it sucks at that point compared to the Cane. Guess it becomes better once you get it up to +10 and have higher Skill but early game the weapon is pretty bad IMO.

Yeah, a gem'd up Cane on the right build is pretty insane.

Melchiah

Nothing prevents experimentation, you just won't have an arsenal of +9/10 weapons. The chunk/stone drops appear to be balanced for one +9/10 per play-through.

I got +10 Cane and +9 Ludwig before doing the Chalice dungeons. I also managed to upgrade few other weapons to +7.

EDIT: Oops, sorry for the double post.

gunbo13

Actually you can make a one +10, one +9 and +8 per playtrough (I did), if you find all the blood chunks, that's not to bad.
I got +10 Cane and +9 Ludwig before doing the Chalice dungeons. I also managed to upgrade few other weapons to +7.
I'm sure these statements are true, I don't recall my first run anymore, but the point I was trying to make is that From balanced the first run to have one stacked weapon. You get one stone in SP and have to farm to have two +10s. Getting the BB at the end and other factors, I think NG+ is encouraged to explore more weapons. SP is more limited with exploring the sandbox is what I'm getting at.
IMO LHB is better for PvE than BoM. BoM has really limited range and the damage just isn't there. For PvP BoM is great since you can pretty much destroy everyone if you manage to get the stunlock going.
I was more stating how lousy LHB is as a weapon itself. But that's just a matter of taste.

I can also wreck havok worse than LHB with my BoM. I did NG++ with BoM and my vids I'm posting are BoM NG+++. It takes a lot of getting used to if you are a charge cat & mouse player but it can do serious damage. It only sucks horribly with crowd control. You have to use R2 swipes and dodge about to get any effectiveness with crowds. You can use L2 to get some damage and escape frame lag too.

Xeilyn

Gaf, is there any pale to farm twin bloodstone shards?
If you have killed BSB you can get kidnapped by one of the snatchers that spawn in cathedral ward and then farm the snatchers in hypogean gaol. You get alot of echoes and they drop twin shards rather frequently

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Ok guys, here is a method that will allow you to make it through the chalice dungeon portion of the game and skip much of the tedious portions including the Defiled Chalice. That alone makes it worth it. I am taking a guess here, but I would imagine that anyone between Level 80 - 150 should have success using this method.

Your goal is to unlock the Ihyll Pthumeran Depth 5 dungeon, where the queen resides on Layer 3. It's not totally easy, but its MUCH easier that the preferred method:

1. Defeat the blood starved beast to obtain Pthumeru Depth 1 chalice
2. Unlock Beat Pthumeru Chalice to obtain the Central Pthemeru Chalice
3. Unlock and beat layer 1 of the Central Pthumeru dungeon
4. Obtain the Hintertomb Chalice from layer 2 pre-area side dungeon.
5. Unlock and beat Hintertomb Chalice to obtain Lower Hintertomb Chalice
6. Unlock and beat Lower Hintertomb Chalice to obtain Short Ritual Root Chalice
7. Unlock Makeshift Altar and search for COOP to get summoned to a dungeon. You will have full access to ANY dungeon you are summoned to.
It may take a few searches, but eventually you should get summoned to the Greater Ihyll Pthumeru Dungeon. Make sure the glyph code is egn5rrdj to be 100% sure.
8. Work your way through the dungeon. It will be very tough, but use COOP if struggling with bosses. egn5rrdj should have a greater amount of people doing COOP and your chances of finding a partner increase.

Part 7, may take a while, but eventually you should get summoned the dungeon the queen is in. You may also get lucky and be summoned directly into the fight. It has been reported that you can obtain the trophy when summoned. I can't verify

Do NOT remove the chalice until you have obtained everything you need or want from the dungeon. Once you remove the chalice from the makeshift altar all progress is gone and you will have to repeat step 7.

This method will enable you to completely bypass The Defiled Chalice and you should be able to obtain a rare gem in the Great Ihyll Chalice.

Short version of the dungeons you will have to go through:
1. Pthumeru Dungeon (Depth 1)
2. Central Pthumeru Dungeon layer 1 only (Depth 2)
3. Hintertomb Dungeon (Depth 2)
4. Lower Hintertomb Dungeon (Depth 3)
5. Utilize Short Ritual Root Chalice at Makeshift altar
6. Search for COOP until you are paired with somebody in Great Ihyll Pthemeru (egn5rrdj)
7. WIN!

Ethelwulf

The beginning Forbidden Woods is one of the safest and easiest places. The bipedal wolf-like beasts with torches drop them occasionally. It's one of the easiest areas to kill enemies and farm souls.

Thank you! ;)

If you have killed BSB you can get kidnapped by one of the snatchers that spawn in cathedral ward and then farm the snatchers in hypogean gaol. You get alot of echoes and they drop twin shards rather frequently

This is a little weird. It seems that you might saying that fast enemies should be impossible to parry simply because their attacks are fast. Is that correct?
This is not what I'm getting at, at all. You can parry anything that can be parried, beefier enemies are more susceptible to parrying by design.

Just like how in an FF game you can nuke many things with a fire spell but there are enemies more susceptible to it.

I'd like to say more, but I'm not totally clear on what you mean with the second sentence in that quote. Could you go into more detail?
It just means that you have to know when to time it early.

Trading shouldn't be possible, period. If their intention with trading was to encourage players to step out of an enemy's attack range to parry then not only do I think that's a bad idea on principle, I think trading is a terrible way to teach it. After all, unless the attack you trade with has huge knockdown or kills you outright, you're going to get all the health you lost back when you riposte. Trading seems like something they just didn't consider when designing the combat system, and the heavy warmup lag on parries exacerbates it into something really ugly.
Maybe you are just timing your parries too late or something, because at this point I find myself trading far less than when I first started playing. I don't know what ot say at this point other than to just practice and learn.

benjammin

There are some things you can do to get some late game weapons earlier, but Bloodborne is a different beast than DarkSouls. Every weapon is viable, and you can play the whole game with the starter weapons. In fact the axe is considered OP by some for some of the boss fights. Just play, explore, talk to every npc, try out random lanterns (some will become disabled as the story goes on, indicating that there might be something worth exploring in that area), and take it all in. Bloodborne isn't as long as Dark Souls, so you can play through a second time wi a guide to help out with anything you missed.

Dunlop

Need some noob help.

Just picked up the game (new to Soul games) so was looking up a beginner build and chose this DMC build after making 3 characters and trying out each weapon

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/a...build-bloodborne-origin-class-skill-effective

After many many MANY deaths I kind of figured things out, brought up my stats, got the armor and just killed the Cleric Beast.

I got all excited thinking I could go buy some cool weapon now but the only option I have is for a hammer which is clearly for a str build.

Do you have to kill bosses for specific weapons? using the build above I am supposed to find skill based weapons and I have already committed a lot to the skill stat

etta

my hard graphic balls
Hey guys, new PS4 owner here (well it has not arrived yet), and normally Bloodborne is not my type of game. I tried Dark Souls 2 on PC and the difficulty was just too much, but being the best exclusive on PS4 right now, and having amazing atmosphere, I want to try the genre again, and it is 40$ on sale now. I have one question, though. I have seen that the loading times have been improved with patches, have the frametime issues been patched as well?

Melchiah

Ok guys, here is a method that will allow you to make it through the chalice dungeon portion of the game and skip much of the tedious portions including the Defiled Chalice. That alone makes it worth it. I am taking a guess here, but I would imagine that anyone between Level 80 - 150 should have success using this method.

Your goal is to unlock the Ihyll Pthumeran Depth 5 dungeon, where the queen resides on Layer 3. It's not totally easy, but its MUCH easier that the preferred method:

1. Defeat the blood starved beast to obtain Pthumeru Depth 1 chalice
2. Unlock Beat Pthumeru Chalice to obtain the Central Pthemeru Chalice
3. Unlock and beat layer 1 of the Central Pthumeru dungeon
4. Obtain the Hintertomb Chalice from layer 2 pre-area side dungeon.
5. Unlock and beat Hintertomb Chalice to obtain Lower Hintertomb Chalice
6. Unlock and beat Lower Hintertomb Chalice to obtain Short Ritual Root Chalice
7. Unlock Makeshift Altar and search for COOP to get summoned to a dungeon. You will have full access to ANY dungeon you are summoned to.
It may take a few searches, but eventually you should get summoned to the Greater Ihyll Pthumeru Dungeon. Make sure the glyph code is egn5rrdj to be 100% sure.
8. Work your way through the dungeon. It will be very tough, but use COOP if struggling with bosses. egn5rrdj should have a greater amount of people doing COOP and your chances of finding a partner increase.

Part 7, may take a while, but eventually you should get summoned the dungeon the queen is in. You may also get lucky and be summoned directly into the fight. It has been reported that you can obtain the trophy when summoned. I can't verify

Do NOT remove the chalice until you have obtained everything you need or want from the dungeon. Once you remove the chalice from the makeshift altar all progress is gone and you will have to repeat step 7.

This method will enable you to completely bypass The Defiled Chalice and you should be able to obtain a rare gem in the Great Ihyll Chalice.

Short version of the dungeons you will have to go through:
1. Pthumeru Dungeon (Depth 1)
2. Central Pthumeru Dungeon layer 1 only (Depth 2)
3. Hintertomb Dungeon (Depth 2)
4. Lower Hintertomb Dungeon (Depth 3)
5. Utilize Short Ritual Root Chalice at Makeshift altar
6. Search for COOP until you are paired with somebody in Great Ihyll Pthemeru (egn5rrdj)
7. WIN!

Thanks for the tip. I wasn't sure how the chalice progress works, and this will help me to proceed.

Hey guys, new PS4 owner here (well it has not arrived yet), and normally Bloodborne is not my type of game. I tried Dark Souls 2 on PC and the difficulty was just too much, but being the best exclusive on PS4 right now, and having amazing atmosphere, I want to try the genre again, and it is 40$ on sale now. I have one question, though. I have seen that the loading times have been improved with patches, have the frametime issues been patched as well?
personally loading time was never an issue. It takes maybe 15 seconds average overall. Can't comment on the frame time issuse since I never noticed it before.

Top Bottom