• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

It sounds like a really bad decision and I can't understand what's with From and pvp in this game, if they didn't want people to get invaded why include invasions and a covenant dedicated to them in the first place? no red soapstone, no arena, no human state equivalent for people who want to pvp with no co-op involved and now this...wtf From?

The game is lacking normal features of a soul game if you think about it and the coop is kinda weird to pay for summon even if you dont summon anyone

gunbo13

Also, getting to Father Gascoigne takes like 10 minutes at most from the start of a new game if you know where you're going, come on.
I figured I was clear. I'm not interested. Plus, controller RIP so can't play regardless. The video your friend made isn't a study, just a dude playing. If you want to prove something, then take the time yourself to offer proof and do the homework you described. I don't buy your hypothesis and you have no definitive proof. Same goes on my end.

DMC4SE drops in a few weeks so controller get then. :)

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yeah, I honestly never felt like I was ever doing anything with Burial Blade I couldn't do with another weapon especially with its damage and stamina cost. If I wanted range, there was the Threaded Cane. If I wanted a really cheesy charged R2 or an overhead L2, there was Ludwig's. If I wanted stunlocks, high multipliers out of dash, and split physical/arcane, there was Blade of Mercy.
Its transformed version has awesome crowd control and the best regain I've seen. I almost never healed during bosses in NG+ and chalice dungeons because I regained so much.

I figured I was clear. I'm not interested. Plus, controller RIP so can't play regardless. The video your friend made isn't a study, just a dude playing. If you want to prove something, then take the time yourself to offer proof and do the homework you described. I don't buy your hypothesis and you have no definitive proof. Same goes on my end.

DMC4SE drops in a few weeks so controller get then. :)
I've done the homework. Do you want the warmup frame timings for the specific attacks my friend trades with in that video? It would be trivial to provide them. I've already posted both the warmup and cooldown frame timings for the Hunter Pistol/Evelyn and Hunter Blunderbuss, but here they are again just in case: 9 on warmup for both, though possibly only 8 for the blunderbuss, and 17 or 18 and 27 or 28 on cooldown respectively; the "activation period" where the bullet is emitted I counted as one frame so the entire action takes the warmup and cooldown periods plus one frame.

I also demonstrated issues with hit consequences adding extra lag way back in this post, and I could make breakdowns like that for any trade in that demonstration. Is that what you need as proof?

gunbo13

I also demonstrated issues with hit consequences adding extra lag way back in this post, and I could make breakdowns like that for any trade in that demonstration. Is that what you need as proof?
I don't follow every thread you post in. If you feel that's enough evidence to prove that there are quick attacks that can't be parryable in BB, then I guess you are the authority. I don't have interest. But you really need hard evidence to usually convince action game heads, just saying. But I casted my doubt on your hypothesis, sorry if I don't agree with just what you have said or presented. Not everyone will always agree.

hawk2025

Do weapons that I unlock in the messenger store, but haven't bought yet, remain available for purchase in NG+?

Last thing I need to know before moving on!

KanameYuuki

Everyone seems to be doing well and that the game is easier than the others, but I can't kill Father Gascoigne, the Cleric Beast was really easy but T~T I want to git gud

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Everyone seems to be doing well and that the game is easier than the others, but I can't kill Father Gascoigne, the Cleric Beast was really easy but T~T I want to git gud
Father G is pretty tough. Cleric Beast is a joke in comparison. Here are some tips that may help, if you want:

- If you have the music box, use it as soon as he transforms (since that's his harder form). Then when he's stunned, run behind him and do a visceral attack for massive damage (hold and release R2 behind him).
- If you're good at parrying + viscerals, try them when he's human. The beast form is really fast so it might be harder.
- If not, use the terrain such as the tombstones to block his pursuit when you heal. Fair warning, that won't help when he's a beast 'cause he smashes them.

Good luck!

Endo Punk

Can anyone help with Rom in lower pthumerian labyrinth layer 3?

Using gaf password.

lvl 94.

Thanks.

EDIT: nevermind i squashed it. man this game is satisfying.

Was hyped for the patch at first, but you guys are right, that new co-op mechanic sounds horrible. WHY?

the level restriccion doesnt make any sense at all since your summon is currently capped in every stat and the host is the one who have his/her true stats and deals more. damage in his/her world.

The thing that worries me is the end game gear and runes of your summon, so it would probably screw PVP and start gank squads.

Man I've been trying for a while...anyone have Vicar Amelia tips?

Be agressive and attack her by her left side (the hand holding the clock), use fire papers infusions and when you see her trying to her, attack her head with all you got, repeat

KanameYuuki

His human form is really easy and I can cheese him staying behind some tombstones and hitting him while having my weapon on heavy mode, but his beast form rushes so much than I start to lose my crap haha, last try I had him on like 5% but he was relentless, to be honest I feel like giving up but at the same time I don't want to do it, I didn't have this feeling with demon's and I kinda love/hate it.

J. Bravo

His human form is really easy and I can cheese him staying behind some tombstones and hitting him while having my weapon on heavy mode, but his beast form rushes so much than I start to lose my crap haha, last try I had him on like 5% but he was relentless, to be honest I feel like giving up but at the same time I don't want to do it, I didn't have this feeling with demon's and I kinda love/hate it.
Dodge to the side when fighting his beast form, not backwards. Might help.

Try to get parrying and viscerals down. It helps a lot. Also, don't bother with that one special item. While he's in beast mode, keep back while throwing molotovs.
Rom
motherfucking
rom. Only %10 percent of its health was left but that motherfucking spider one shots me. Why God?
Kill most of the first wave of spiders. Get close, by its sides and behind it. Attack with bolt paper or Tonitrus(preferred). Ignore second+ waves and focus on Rom. Keep moving and dodging. Don't keep lock-on on Rom, it's not worth it.

I don't follow every thread you post in. If you feel that's enough evidence to prove that there are quick attacks that can't be parryable in BB, then I guess you are the authority. I don't have interest. But you really need hard evidence to usually convince action game heads, just saying. But I casted my doubt on your hypothesis, sorry if I don't agree with just what you have said or presented. Not everyone will always agree.
I mentioned that other post because I'm pretty sure I linked it in this thread as well. If I didn't, sorry, my bad. However, what about everything before that in my last post? There's hard data there, and more if you still need to be convinced. I ask again, what more proof do you need?

Try to get parrying and viscerals down. It helps a lot. Also, don't bother with that one special item. While he's in beast mode, keep back while throwing molotovs.
Why would you advise against using the music box, especially if you're going to recommend molotovs? Using it once when he transforms lets you get several free molotovs in and then you only need to land one more after that. I'd recommend either doing that or learning to parry. The latter is preferred because it's useful throughout the rest of the game.

neoism

can't wait for this patch I haven't even officially beat the game yet still on the last boss nor have I done much of any CDs. all I've really done is PvP in the awesome PvP CD it's really quick for matches less than 5 minutes most times even a few minutes I've probably had over 200+ matches at lol 135..... really hope they release detailed patch notes..... can't wait to delve deep into CD before I start ng+

gunbo13

There's hard data there, and more if you still need to be convinced. I ask again, what more proof do you need?
5fDE0Ip.jpg

Why would you advise against using the music box, especially if you're going to recommend molotovs? Using it once when he transforms lets you get several free molotovs in and then you only need to land one more after that. I'd recommend either doing that or learning to parry. The latter is preferred because it's useful throughout the rest of the game.
The only reason I advised against it was because of the time it takes between pressing Square to use the item and the item actually playing the song is enough for Father G to get hits in, especially in beast mode.

The only reason I advised against it was because of the time it takes between pressing Square to use the item and the item actually playing the song is enough for Father G to get hits in, especially in beast mode.
If I remember correctly, you can you press it while he's transforming, and when he finishes he'll stagger right away.

I've already posted both the warmup and cooldown frame timings for the Hunter Pistol/Evelyn and Hunter Blunderbuss, but here they are again just in case: 9 on warmup for both, though possibly only 8 for the blunderbuss, and 17 or 18 and 27 or 28 on cooldown respectively; the "activation period" where the bullet is emitted I counted as one frame so the entire action takes the warmup and cooldown periods plus one frame.
That's hard data. You probably want more, right? I can't read your mind and tell exactly what you want though, so you gotta ask. Whaddaya want?

fallingdove

I am sure this has been asked before in one of the other threads, but.... I missed the living string to unlock the great pthumeru Ihyll chalice dungeon. Is there any other way to play it without starting a ng+? possibly via a glyph or chalice dungeon search?

Opto

Banned
Did the Blood-starved beast get buffed since release? Started a NG and it's harder than I remember, especially when I breezed through Cleric and Gascoigne

mulac

Made it to Old Yarnham at level 46. For some reason I cant stop farming Echoes....i do a run througb Cathedral Ward three times in a row then twice through Old Yarnham up to what I assume is Blood Starved Beasts area.

Every time i get enough Echoes to level up (just passed the 13k requirement) i goto Hunters Dream, spend it, level up weapons then head back out...

...i live the story and want to savor this...what the hell is wrong with me?

Next step. Actually fight Blood Starved Beast!

Made it to Old Yarnham at level 46. For some reason I cant stop farming Echoes....i do a run througb Cathedral Ward three times in a row then twice through Old Yarnham up to what I assume is Blood Starved Beasts area.

Every time i get enough Echoes to level up (just passed the 13k requirement) i goto Hunters Dream, spend it, level up weapons then head back out...

...i live the story and want to savor this...what the hell is wrong with me?

Next step. Actually fight Blood Starved Beast!

Yeah you will be fine. Actually over level..

Deku Tree

Maybe I'll finally try to get around to platinuming BB after this new patch comes out. I'm at the second level of the defiled chalice.

Just finished the game last night. Had a lot of fun and ready to go for ng+.

Put in dark souls 2 PS4 afterward just to try it out. The 60fps feels good but man the game controls SO much differently than Bloodborne. It feels so SLOW and awkward. Going to be hard to go back to that.

Does anyone know what the deal is with the doll? And the creepy way gehrmann says in the beginning you can "use" her? Is he just talking about using blood echoes to enhance your abilities or was she created for something more carnal?

I'm going through my 2nd play through now and this time I'm planning to do more PvP.

With tomorrow's patch and how it will become easier to level up your weapons I'm looking for the best Weapon and Firearm to use and level it till 10+.

I used Hunter Axe 10+ and Hunter Pistol 9+ my whole first play though and had no problem ( rarely used my Pistol most of the game I was Holding the Axe with both of my hands ).

So what is the best set for me in your opinions guys... what was yours?

NEO0MJ

God fuckign damn it!@!!@

I didn't know I had to make the right choice when asked to face the final boss and now I'm at NG+. So fucking lame. I haven o desire to replay it all! Is there any way to rush this?

Lesson learned. I should be more willing to spoil myself and find out what I'm supposed to ahead of time instead of discovering things as I go along.

myco666

Just took out Rom with the Blades of Mercy, I love this weapon!!!! What the fuck is that crazy looking thing hovering above me?

I assume you are seeing
Amygdala
now for the first time? They have been hanging around Yharnam for awhile. If you get 40 insight before Rom you can see them on sides of buildings. If you have Tonsil Stone let it grab you.

God fuckign damn it!@!!@

I didn't know I had to make the right choice when asked to face the final boss and now I'm at NG+. So fucking lame. I haven o desire to replay it all! Is there any way to rush this?

Lesson learned. I should be more willing to spoil myself and find out what I'm supposed to ahead of time instead of discovering things as I go along.

Fastest way to get to the end again is killing
Father G, Vicar Amelia, SoY, Rom, TOR, Micholash and Wet Nurse.
You can skip CB and BSB if you have Sword Hunter Badge so that you can buy Hunter Chief Emblem. You could also just download save from the cloud if you have it there and it is before making the choice.

To be fair it is rather obvious that the game will end at that decision. Could be more obvious though.

NEO0MJ

Thing is
I pressed refuse before and nothing happened so I though that was just to say whether you were ready or not to face the final boss.

And man, it seemed they amped up enemy strength a lot. This is gonna be such a chore.

I assume you are seeing
Amygdala
now for the first time? They have been hanging around Yharnam for awhile. If you get 40 insight before Rom you can see them on sides of buildings. If you have Tonsil Stone let it grab you.
So that's what the Tonsil Stone is for. I had no idea, does it unlock another area?

Top Bottom