• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

I want to start a new character, kinda tired of the kirckhammer by now, I'm interested on a bloodtinge build with evelyn and chikage, but not sure how I'll manage until I get them.

Any tips?

So, ML is actually pretty hard. It's not that easy to stay close to him. I also messed up when he was charging up and didn't backstab him. Then, he easily killed me.

*edit* ML is downnnn :D

I want to start a new character, kinda tired of the kirckhammer by now, I'm interested on a bloodtinge build with evelyn and chikage, but not sure how I'll manage until I get them.

Any tips?

I'm wondering how I'm going to do this myself if I ever do a Bloodtinge PT.

With Noble Scion I might just coast off the 13 skill scaling for the part of the game where I don't have the Bloodtinge scaling weapons (I don't want to bump up the 13 Skill because I need to put points in Vit) and look for indirect ways of increasing my damage.

RevolverBlake

Neo Member
Made a pretty OP gun build
Level - 100

1. Vitality: 41
  2. Endurance: 10
  3. Strength: 30
  4. Skill: 13
  5. Bloodtinge : 50
  6. Arcane: 6
Right Hand Weapon: Reiterpallasch
Left Hand Weapon: Evelyn / Cannon

I think I'm starting to get the hang of it, got him down to 25% health. Still, I haven't felt this intimidated since Cleric Beast lol.

I defeated that piece of shit after about 30 tries. I figured out I should just keep my distance, bait his headswings and hit his head when he turns it towards me again. The reach of my Threaded Cane did wonders. Dodging his charge attack becomes the trickiest part. But totally doable if you're concentrated.

I tried getting close to him but that didn't work out. His head is just too fucking big to roll or quickstep through once uses a wider moveset.

KanameYuuki

So I finally beat father Gascoigne, the trick was really side stepping instead of doing a back step with his beast form, also, being the one on the offensive without letting him get the pace of the battle, man that was so good to finally beat him and it was really fast haha.

Drencrom

Hello !

I just made a new video for Bloodborne! Nothing serious, i lured 52 people to Spider Patches and made a montage of it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC3fDMiNxto

The "good part" start at 2min10, the debut is more a "intro" feat Randy orton ;) haha

Hope you like it ! I'm open to feedback, good or bad! lol

Amazing video, always love seeing some creative trolling vids like this.

That spider patches techno song was great too haha

Celegus

I feel like a complete failure, but can anyone help me with The One Reborn? I'm in the low 50s I believe. I crushed him first try with my first character, but my skill guy is having an awful time of it for some reason. I've cleared all the chalices already with the first guy, so I'm just trying to get the other endings for my platinum, and this of all fights is the one giving me more trouble than any other. It makes no sense. I haven't done any co-op at all yet, so I'm not sure if it's easier to just stand there and ring my bell or if I need to do something with a password somewhere.

Or any tips in general? I've been maining the rifle spear but the Tonitrus seems better with the lightning on him, even though I only have 12 strength. It was a complete joke the first time, where I didn't even take out the casters. I think I stunned him fairly often though with my Kirkhammer, which certainly helps. Maybe I just need to go level up somewhere, I've been charging through most areas pretty quickly.

Making my way through the Defiled Chalice dungeon, and just made it to the Watchdoge.

WHY

Its pretty easy with a the cane, still I invested in health runes just for his charge attack.

I feel like a complete failure, but can anyone help me with The One Reborn? I'm in the low 50s I believe. I crushed him first try with my first character, but my skill guy is having an awful time of it for some reason. I've cleared all the chalices already with the first guy, so I'm just trying to get the other endings for my platinum, and this of all fights is the one giving me more trouble than any other. It makes no sense. I haven't done any co-op at all yet, so I'm not sure if it's easier to just stand there and ring my bell or if I need to do something with a password somewhere.

Or any tips in general? I've been maining the rifle spear but the Tonitrus seems better with the lightning on him, even though I only have 12 strength. It was a complete joke the first time, where I didn't even take out the casters. I think I stunned him fairly often though with my Kirkhammer, which certainly helps. Maybe I just need to go level up somewhere, I've been charging through most areas pretty quickly.

Yeah he is weak to lightning but be sure to always look at his spells, evade and continue attacking

J4mm1nJ03

I finally beat this game today, and thus beat my first Souls game! I got pretty close to finishing Demon's back in the day but never got too far in Dark Souls, but third time's a charm, right?

I was blazing through the game when it first came out and then started to have trouble in The U
nseen
V
illage
and then took a pretty long break. Turned out I was like 15 levels underleveled. Picked it back up this week and after grinding those levels out I blazed through the last few areas. Finishing this game and finally a Souls game may be my most satisfying gaming accomplishment so far, haha.

I actually missed the entire N
ightmare
F
rontier
area, so I'm going to go play through that. Did the PS+ save trick to get
2 of the 3 endings, and I'm aiming to play through the Nightmare Frontier and get that final ending before starting NG+.
I need to do some more of the Chalice stuff before then too, maybe. Only did the first one so far and thought it was cool. Have no idea how they work after that, though.

Looking forward to that expansion, whatever it may be. I want more!

IvorB

So I've been neglecting this game really badly but this weekend I sat down again to give it some proper attention. Where I left off BSB was kicking my ass. When I got back on it this weekend he was still kicking my ass. But he's dead now and frankly had it coming. I actually recorded one of my more memorable deaths from back then here. It's from the moment I realised I was all out of everything:-(. Awesome boss fight. One of the all-time greats for me.

So now I've made good progress, covered a lot of ground and I'm in some rural-type area and it's really pretty so I took some shots. :) (Hope these aren't considered spoilers)

http://i.imgur.com/vjA4pFn.jpg(potential scenery spoiler)

axFMQ1A.jpg

This game is truly awesome.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Made a pretty OP gun build
Level - 100

1. Vitality: 41
  2. Endurance: 10
  3. Strength: 30
  4. Skill: 13
  5. Bloodtinge : 50
  6. Arcane: 6
Right Hand Weapon: Reiterpallasch
Left Hand Weapon: Evelyn / Cannon

Why Reiterpallasch and not Chikage? Seems like a waste since Reiterpallasch's primary contributor to damage is Skill. Yes of course Reiterpallasch's bullets is quite deadly if you have high Bloodtinge but since it cannot be buffed by a Bone Marrow Ash unlike Evelyn/Cannon, it'd be more wise to use your firearm if you intend to cause damage yeah?

And at least with Chikage you have a great damage-dealing backup should you run out of bullets.

On this note; I always find Bloodtinge to synergize better with a Skill build, anyone feels the same?

Is that considered a spoiler?

Edit: I updated it anyway.

Why would it be considered a spoiler? I doubt *anyone* playing Bloodborne for the first time would have *ANY* clue what IS Cainhurst Castle and that the castle they see over yonder there is it and anyways, it doesn't have any story specific spoiler related to it considering you can pretty much skip them all out. Even if the player has talked to Alfred and learned about his obsession it's really, really not important to the main story in any way, shape, or form.

Well, my opinion only anyway.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So I finally beat father Gascoigne, the trick was really side stepping instead of doing a back step with his beast form, also, being the one on the offensive without letting him get the pace of the battle, man that was so good to finally beat him and it was really fast haha.

Actually evading *forward* is more effective. Lots of enemies in this game is better evaded by moving *towards* them, hahaha.

Also, the most fun (and easiest) way to beat him is by using visceral for me. Even his last form is real easy to perform a Visceral attack against, since his melee windup is pretty generous.

Why is the hardest enemy in the game for me those blue tendril headed motherfuckers?

The Insight-stealing ones? Use thrust attacks, or failing that, just use Bolt Paper (or Tonitrus) and just whack them to death.

Or if you are talking about the blobby things, the tactics are the same.

Its really annoying to search and destroy their source
For some reason, I thought it was the
Lesser Amygdalas
spawning them.
That's exactly why I took like a month-long hiatus from this game, haha. Was so relieving when I recently came back to it and finally cleared it.
Yeah, that's why I decided to clear Cainhurst first. Maybe I'll do
Nightmare Frontier
before
Unseen Village
So I've been neglecting this game really badly but this weekend I sat down again to give it some proper attention. Where I left off BSB was kicking my ass. When I got back on it this weekend he was still kicking my ass. But he's dead now and frankly had it coming. I actually recorded one of my more memorable deaths from back then here. It's from the moment I realised I was all out of everything:-(. Awesome boss fight. One of the all-time greats for me.

So now I've made good progress, covered a lot of ground and I'm in some rural-type area and it's really pretty so I took some shots. :) (Hope these aren't considered spoilers)

http://i.imgur.com/vjA4pFn.jpg(potential scenery spoiler)

This game is truly awesome.
I love
Hemwick Charnel Lane
. It looks so eerie.
You know you have to kill the bell ringer, right? That is the reason they respawn.

Why is the hardest enemy in the game for me those blue tendril headed motherfuckers?
You mean the little blue dudes with big heads?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Unseen Village is not *that* bad once you figure out all the ins and out, actually....

In fact I kinda like it more than Nightmare Frontier.... or Mensis, ugh.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yes. There's an upgraded form of those that shoot magic with tendrils coming out of their giant domes.

Yeah, just side step them. Their fireballs are super slow.

I think he's talking about the laser shooting aliens and not the giant flower thingy.

The idea to defeat them is the same though; thrust attacks/bolt bla bla bla.

I dunno, my level is around the low 70s and my vit/end are 30. Maybe I should start raising them more, haha.

Wayyyy more than enough to best the place, imo. Well...... I *think* folks using stuff like Blade of Mercy will have a way easier time there than folks using, say, Kirkhammer, but even then with some careful route planning you should be alright :D (BoM made that place way, way, way, WAY, easier due to how it can easily destroys two of the strongest/most annoying enemy types there.)

Any tips?