• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

lantus

Got to R
om
and beat him second try lol. I was kind of worried worried going into that fight since I hear so much about it on here. No match for my Tonitrus +6.

This has probably been asked before, but does anyone else think that the player character is tiny? Even the doll is much taller than him. Did I mess something up during character creation or is this an artistic choice to make the world feel more deranged/ Beast-like?

E92 M3

Fuck, that fast-moving bastard in the Loran Chalice Dungeon is actually some horror film shit. Everything else I can handle (even the spiders), but that thing could give me nightmares.

iwfdKRr.gif

I am making good progress in a variety of areas, but I always get stuck at the boss, so i am not having to choose between three bosses that kick my ass
amygdala, logarius, and one reborn

Random question: is there any special trick for taking out the brain trust. I have very high insight, and even wiht good armor, they _destroy_ me. If I am not full health, I will die without being able to do anything about it. I can kill them very quickly, but frenzy keeps buidling up after killing them anyway. It's such a fucking stupid mechanism. Am I just supposed to spend all the insight?

I also hate hate, hate having to farm for blood vials. I don't care it takes 10-15 minutes. It's a stupid mechanism. I hate that I lose the blood echoes mark when I quit the game.

Dmonzy

Eh? Clue me in please

All of the male NPCs should be sent to the clinic while all of the female NPCs should be sent to the chapel. This is because one male does the opposite of what you say (so telling him about the clinic will make him go to the chapel) and the other male is evil so you want to kill him off. All the females are neutral/good.

Blobbers

Getting a million souls every 22 minutes with this farming spot:

Isz chalice, lantern 3. Using a +9 Saw Spear with Bolt. First room has a bunch of alien dudes, each give 5K with 2 blood echo enhance runes. 70K every run. Fast and close.

E92 M3

Isz chalice, lantern 3. Using a +9 Saw Spear with Bolt. First room has a bunch of alien dudes, each give 5K with 2 blood echo enhance runes. 70K every run. Fast and close.

I really found no need to farm. Have over 4 million from just playing normally - this game is very generous with echoes.

When I first encountered them, I thought the first thing as you. Straight out of horror movies.

Blobbers

I really found no need to farm. Have over 4 million from just playing normally - this game is very generous with echoes.

When I first encountered them, I thought the first thing as you. Straight out of horror movies.

Never farmed on my normal playthrough. Chalice dungeons that hit like a tonne of bricks and halve your health made me reconsider. I feel no remorse buffing myself up for post game content.

Lexad

Just playing the game normally doesn't necessarily require farming. Some of it is natural though because I get enough echoes to upgrade and I rush back to go up before I lose them

joecanada

Currently ludwigs blade and tonitrus

Well as I said vit never hurts I think skill scales pretty good with those. Arcane is okay for fire Ludwigs and tonitrus but I've heard arcane isn't as good as advertised especially on Ludwigs you may want confirmation on arcane

burgerdog

Are you trying to get to level 540?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Defiled chalice done!!!

Later 3 boss was tough. But not nearly as bad as layer 2. Later 2 was tough to get through even getting a strategy down. Layer 3 was pretty easy once I got the strategy down. Only used two or three vials in my successful attempt.

Hambodias

Neo Member
I'm having a lot of trouble with the E
brietas, Daughter of The Cosmos
. I know I'm supposed to hit their head, but I end up only getting like a quarter of their health down.

Can someone give me a few pointers or do I just need to get better?

EDIT: Spelling

If you have already initiated the fight with
Gehrman, The First Hunter
can you still use the
3 umbilical cords to activate the fight against the moon presence?

He'll think you're lying and go to Odeon instead, thus saving him.
Does he ever do anything, by the way?

I rescued everyone on NG+ (didn't know you could get the suspicious guy - sent him to the "wrong" place). The weirdo at the Chapel said he thinks I've saved "everyone that's still out there (while Papa G's daughter is still around :-/). The prostitute and church girl give you delicious blood to drink. Grandma supposedly gives you sedatives (HOW? - she just goes from angry to crazy over the course of the game for me). Does the suspicious guy do anything? Thus far he has just told lies about the others there (or he is a terrible judge of character).

Here is an extra set of parenthesis to keep the others company: ().

Took a long break after beating the game, but I'm back to go through a second play-through. Think I will go with a skill based character this time.

This OT's moved up 2 volumes since I last posted. >_>

Grandma supposedly gives you sedatives (HOW? - she just goes from angry to crazy over the course of the game for me).
For me she usually goes from being agitated to beginning to go mad like most villagers do, to finally crossing a point where she becomes delusional and thinks you're a family member, which then she will begin giving sedatives.

I even noticed she'll depart at one point and return with more sedatives.

SLOSifl

I had so much fun with my threaded cane run. I compiled some of the best boss kills from the run, sped them up a ton, and put them on youtube.

https://youtu.be/YAqz4LNg4XM

The audio is the best part - check out Mergot's Wet Nurse at the end, it's hilarious to me for some reason.

No real strategy to be learned from this, other than that the whip is amazing and anyone who disagrees is a bad person. That and the Beast Blood Pellet is fun to use on bosses.

xinek

For me she usually goes from being agitated to beginning to go mad like most villagers do, to finally crossing a point where she becomes delusional and thinks you're a family member, which then she will begin giving sedatives.

With my first character, she didn't give any. On my second character, she did. No idea what I did differently.

OHHHH. I sent the beggar man to the Chapel before this last stage. :p

What about the suspicious man? Anything about him?

OHHHH. I sent the beggar man to the Chapel before this last stage. :p

What about the suspicious man? Anything about him?

It has nothing to do with who you send to the chapel, I think it is more about if you exhaust her dialogue whenever you can and if you send the old lady to the Chapel as soon as it's available.

He's kind of in the middle of a meal when you find him. I don't get too up in arms about people's choice of food usually, but this guy earned my critique.
Not the guy from the woods, I mean the guy who is suspicious of you. He lives across from the prostitute. He says he "won't be tricked by you" when you tell him to go somewhere.

I had so much fun with my threaded cane run. I compiled some of the best boss kills from the run, sped them up a ton, and put them on youtube.

https://youtu.be/YAqz4LNg4XM

The audio is the best part - check out Mergot's Wet Nurse at the end, it's hilarious to me for some reason.

No real strategy to be learned from this, other than that the whip is amazing and anyone who disagrees is a bad person. That and the Beast Blood Pellet is fun to use on bosses.

What were your stats for these? I thought I was fairly leveled up when fighting some of these bosses with the Cane, and I wasn't doing nearly as much damage.

Chris R

Varies, but much quicker overall. The majority are highly satisfied.

Its amazing for me, Im really impressed. It loads very fast for almost every area.

Seeing around 10-15 seconds in some instances following death.

Normal loading into areas/Hunter's Dream is cut by 2-10 seconds, but respawning after death is cut by 50% or more it seems. Much, much quicker. And the item descriptions on the loading screens helps too, so not only is the literal load time cut down but perceptually it feels even shorter since you have more to look at then the static logo.

Glad to hear! With how often I'm dying the reduced times will be great.

Stat!

Just purchased Bloodborne. Never played Souls before. I hope its as hyped as its everyone is making it and its loads fun. Just hoping the non-linearity doesn't leave me lost.

I really would like to try co-op in the game eventually. I know people say its better solo but I do love some co-op!

Top Bottom