• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Noobcraft

Is this game even playable without updating? My console is offline and without any updates it won't let me get past the splash screen at the beginning.

I just want to do the Iosefka jump :(

Update: So you can you just have to delete your saved data. I backed my old data up onto a USB drive and deleted it so I could start a game on 1.0

Anung

Un Rama
Beat Mergo on NG+ and got both endings using a USB. Micolash gave me more hassle than most of the bosses on NG+. Started NG++ but will focus on Chalice Dungeons. They are good in theory but the presentation is horrendous.

I ordered the guide but after all the delays I just canceled the order today. Beasted the game so much that'd it'd be useless other than as a collectible.

Multiplayer bug still not fixed.
Char 3 and I'm still not able to summon. I hear the sound but the other player never spawns + game crashes when I die during a boss fight + I can't return to hunter's dream when summoning bell is active ("quit game"only option).

I tried everything. I got the bug after 2/3 of my first playthrough. This is bullshit.

Ferr986

One thing they fucked it up badly it's the weapon disposition in this game.

Im at Byrgenwerth and I can't even beat that fucking hunter even though I steamrolled through her in my first character because I'm doing a BT build and there's no weapon for me now so I do absolutely shit damage even with visceral attacks. So fucking annoying.

EDIT: Fuck her, kicked her out to Rom's lake lol

So I'm a arcane build. I'm at the softcap of 25 for arcane. Str, skill, vit all at 20. I'm level 64 so where should i put my souls?

Which weapon do you want to use? Mercy? Burial? Tonitrus? Wheel? Ludwig?

Depending on your answer you'll have to pump into Skill or Strength.

Alternatively if you can't decide yet then just put it into Vit.

Did nearly all of
Cainhurst
in one sitting. Got some really cool items from that place, but the boss came unexpectedly and one-shotted me with some red spell. :(

fuck
Vom the spider
........... this boss is just unfair.

Plz help :(
level 60 character.
my weapons are:
an Upgraded saw cleaver ( 3/3)
Ludwig's Holy Blade (3/3)

welp.... any good strategy to kill him/her ?

autoduelist

So how exactly do the chalices work? I know you have to gather material and have the chalice (acquire or find it) to make the dungeons. My problem is what is the progression and dungeons I need to do to go fight Y
arnham
and get the trophy?

Most trophy guides / roadmaps have step by step directions.

I found this one to be the most comprehensive -- the Chalice directions are towards the end of page 1 and onto page 2.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/bloodborne/262927-bloodborne-trophy-guide-road-map.html

Essentially you're trying to complete the main 5 chalices, but there are a couple 'side' chalices you need to do for parts. In general, you can speed run the hard ones (just look for the switch, and fight the boss).

Toxi

Banned
fuck
Vom the spider

level 60 character.
my weapons are:

Upgrade whichever weapon you prefer, +3 is too low for this stage of the game. You should have quite a few Twin Bloodstone Shards.

Other tips:
Wear arcane resistant clothing. Kill the first wave of spiders, then focus on Rom and ignore the next two waves. Use Bolt Paper, lightning is strong against Rom. Avoid hitting the spiders or Rom in the face, the faces are armored. Try to stay at a closer distance to Rom so she doesn't abuse the meteors; the best time to attack her is when she does the medium range attack where she flips over and summons crystals from the ground. Keep at full health.

benjammin

fuck
Vom the spider

level 60 character.
my weapons are:

Upgrade some weapons to +6 and pick up some bolt paper or
Tonitrus from Hypogean Gaul

Kill all the little ones when you first start the fight. Load up your bolt paper or secondary mode for the above weapon, and go to town. Hit him as hard as you can and keep swinging when he starts teleporting. You should be able to take off 1/3 to 1/2 of his life.

After that, stay fairly close and circle strafe the group of spiders. Kill the spiders that get out on their own, but don't worry too much on killing them all. You just want to thin the herd out a little bit. Keep your eyes on he boss and when you have a clear path to him, run in and hit his side a couple of times, then run out. If you're quick then you should be able to get in a couple of hits before spiders start jumping at you. Just like any other boss, don't get greedy. Follow this method until he dies. The only time I used lock on was when I was attacking a smaller spider. Using it in this fight seems to make it difficult to dodge the meteors.

Durden77

Man, I've went from adoring nearly everything about this game, to fucking nearly despising it with this
Unseen Village
crap. It's like everything I've learned and leveled for means nothing. Now it's basically run to the checkpoint the game. When I die I'm not saying "Damn it!! So close!!". I'm saying "this is fucking bullshit."

Toxi

Banned
Man, I've went from adoring nearly everything about this game, to fucking nearly despising it with this
Unseen Village
crap. It's like everything I've learned and leveled for means nothing. Now it's basically run to the checkpoint the game. When I die I'm not saying "Damn it!! So close!!". I'm saying "this is fucking bullshit."
Kill the first three bell ringers and you'll be fine. The first two are easy to find, the last you can find by stepping through a gap in the iron fence on the right of the courtyard that leads to the laser-firing Amygdala. Killing them stops the respawn and weakens the enemies so you can pick them off and explore at your leisure.

The second part of the level is much less frantic.

Durden77

Kill the first three bell ringers and you'll be fine. The first two are easy to find, the last you can find by stepping through a gap in the iron fence on the right of the courtyard that leads to the laser-firing Amygdala. Killing them stops the respawn and weakens the enemies so you can pick them off and explore at your leisure.

The second part of the level is much less frantic.

Thanks for the tip on the last one, couldn't find her, but
this wide open area with shit tons of those skull things and ANOTHER bell ringing lady seems pretty fucking hectic to me.

Ughhh! The last boss of the defiled chalice is wrecking me. I found the one before this easier as I could read the attacks. Have to grind echoes.

Do you use the first layer of the ailing loran chalice to grind? Those hunch back guys give 4100 echoes with the moon runes & there are 8 of them.

lantus

Started trying coop for the first time today. It's been working like a charm! Of course the bosses are too easy now, but it's good when grinding for echoes. :)

bargeparty

Do you have to keep the weapons for the trophy or just get them?

If you just need to get them once does it carry over to NG+?

Noobcraft

So I beat the game, restarted and downgraded my copy of BB to ver. 1.0, and used the
iosefka jump
to get the cannon early. I wanted to have fun this time around so I also did the
duplication glitch
and am now level 26 with the cannon. I kinda want to get revenge on all the bosses that made my legit run hard, by owning them in the face with the cannon. Is the next step maxing out my Bloodtinge?

Toxi

Banned
The elevator to the Gaol? Oops you edited it. Yeah I have. Still can't get passed the area I'm talking about yet though.
There's a gap in the elevator. It leads to a bath that will teleport you close to past the big open area.

Although I'm not sure if the bath will work if you go through that way. I always opened the elevator shortcut after going through the bath.

Hyunkel6

Is there a way to know which chalice dungeons I already completed? I removed some chalices from altars a while ago, and now, I don't remember which ones I completed.

Durden77

There's a gap in the elevator. It leads to a bath that will teleport you close to past the big open area.

Although I'm not sure if the bath will work if you go through that way. I always opened the elevator shortcut after going through the bath.

Oh super cool, that helps out a lot. Just found it, appreciate it. Think I'm finally about to fight the boss.

Saint9806

Just completed the game! So happy I did it. Took me 74 hours. Finished at Level 80. Main weapon was the Hunter Axe. Found the one and only blood rock outside of the Chalice dungeons, so I had it at +10. I am a first time player of the souls series and I absolutely fell in love with this game from the start. I had trouble with early bosses, Vicar Amelia, Blood Starved Beast, Shadows of Yarnham to name a few. As I progressed, I think I got gud!! Even though I had trouble and help with Ebrietas, I then went on to beat
Micolash, Mergo's Wet Nurse, and Gehrman
all by myself.
Mergo and Gehrman
went down on the first try.

Even though
Gherman
and I died at the same time, I ran back through the gate praying I wouldn't have to do that again and sure enough, the cut scene hit and soon after the credits. I also got the other ending which I submit my life. One more play through on NG+ for the true ending. Thanks everyone for the help along the way. I also have to finish up the Chalice's to try to get that Platinum and later plan to build a new character. Easily one of my favorite games ever.

Fuck, that fast-moving bastard in the Loran Chalice Dungeon is actually some horror film shit. Everything else I can handle (even the spiders), but that thing could give me nightmares.

Is there a good guide that details which people you should send to which safe place and why?

Most info I can find seems mixed....

Send everyone to Oedon Chapel except the cannibal guy in the Forbidden Woods; send him to Iosefka. Also the old man in the lane by Cathedral Ward. He will go to the place you didn't tell him to go, so tell him to go to Iosefka and he'll go to Oedon Chapel instead.

Are there extra enemies in the dungeon? Havent even touched that yet
There is a good stock of unique enemies made just for the chalice dungeons. In fact, I would say that the chalice dungeons have all of the game's most terrifying enemies, both in terms of bosses and common foes. There are some common enemies that will fill you with terror every time you see them, I promise you.

Top Bottom