• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Got a lot of progress in. Beat
Shadow of Yharnam and Rom
, and I'm getting increasingly creeped out by this game because things just keep getting more and more fucked up. And now there are
these really huge ass monsters clinging to what looks like every other building in the entire damn city!? Including the Odeon chapel?
What the fuck?

Speaking of which, I seem to have gotten
just about every NPC in the game killed. I noticed a few of the NPCs dying in the chapel, but I always thought it was suicide because all of them were getting very despondent the last time I talked to them before they died. But Arianna was the only one left and I really didn't want her dead (she's one of the few NPCs who doesn't treat the hunter like trash) so I spoiled myself and it turns out it was the fucking beggar guy. So I attacked him, and was caught completely off guard when he turned into a huge ass beast on the spot. I got him down after a few tries, but almost every NPC in my game is dead now.
Damnit.

Got a lot of progress in. Beat
Shadow of Yharnam and Rom
, and I'm getting increasingly creeped out by this game because things just keep getting more and more fucked up. And now there are
these really huge ass monsters clinging to what looks like every other building in the entire damn city!? Including the Odeon chapel?
What the fuck?

Speaking of which, I seem to have gotten
just about every NPC in the game killed. I noticed a few of the NPCs dying in the chapel, but I always thought it was suicide because all of them were getting very despondent the last time I talked to them before they died. But Arianna was the only one left and I really didn't want her dead (she's one of the few NPCs who doesn't treat the hunter like trash) so I spoiled myself and it turns out it was the fucking beggar guy. So I attacked him, and was caught completely off guard when he turned into a huge ass beast on the spot. I got him down after a few tries, but almost every NPC in my game is dead now.
Damnit.

Next time you're better off sending that asshole to Iosefka's Clinic where he
gets turned into a blue wobbly-head alien and causes no trouble.

Never send him to the Odeon Chapel again.

butman

Guys.

I was trying to collect blood vials in Cathedral Ward zone to fight Vicar Amelia, when suddenly i found a big mob holding a bag. I almost got it when suddenly with one hit i killed me.

By surprise i awaked on a prison, that i explored. To the bottom to one way to a npc that is hiding, and to the other i went to the double circular stairs, that was two roads.
One way bring me to the top where theres to bigs guys and a lamp. A in the middle of the stairs a room that finish outside to a electric boss that demolished me.

Woke up in the new lamp, i decided to teleport to the hunter dream to keep fight Vicar Amelia. When i saw that on the lamp location list, it wasn't the new place that i came from.

So the only answer to go back to this place is getting killed by this big guy again. Is the only way?

Another question. In the right path of the Cathedral (where Vicar Amelia is) there's a downhill place, where i killed the two hunters, and then you arrive to a open place where two big guys with axes and two shooters are. I managed to pass and you arrive to a dead end. Where is a corpse that gives you a weight elixir item, and a magical portal gets you just in front of the dead end door and crush you (a giant hand) This is for late?
Because as you known a lot of think in souls games are mysterious as f*ck.

So what i do first? Is the first time in the game that i have so many paths to go.

Akuun

Next time you're better off sending that asshole to Iosefka's Clinic where he
gets turned into a blue wobbly-head alien and causes no trouble.

Never send him to the Odeon Chapel again.

Yeah, I guess that's for the second playthrough. :( I sent a couple of people
to the wrong places because I had no idea which one to trust. Iosefka's Clinic seemed more trustworthy than the chapel until I went in the back and found the crazy lady...

It sucks, but I'm kind of glad a lot of these NPCs don't seem too vital to basic function in the game. There doesn't seem to be a main merchant, trainer or storage NPC who can die, unlike Demon's/Dark Souls. I imagine the Doll can die, but I'm not touching her ever! If anyone touches her, shit is going to go downnn.

NEO0MJ

I'm surprised when people say the game creeped them out. Nothing really scared me in this.

Guys.

So what i do first? Is the first time in the game that i have so many paths to go.

You can revisit that place via one of the upper teleport tombs in Hunter's Dream. The boss is kinda strong if you just started but if you're high leveled and skilled enough you can take it down.

That giant thing, don't worry about it. You'll later get an item that lets you interact with it, but you're a long way from getting it.

Guys.

I was trying to collect blood vials in Cathedral Ward zone to fight Vicar Amelia, when suddenly i found a big mob holding a bag. I almost got it when suddenly with one hit i killed me.

By surprise i awaked on a prison, that i explored. To the bottom to one way to a npc that is hiding, and to the other i went to the double circular stairs, that was two roads.
One way bring me to the top where theres to bigs guys and a lamp. A in the middle of the stairs a room that finish outside to a electric boss that demolished me.

Woke up in the new lamp, i decided to teleport to the hunter dream to keep fight Vicar Amelia. When i saw that on the lamp location list, it wasn't the new place that i came from.

So the only answer to go back to this place is getting killed by this big guy again. Is the only way?

Another question. In the right path of the Cathedral (where Vicar Amelia is) there's a downhill place, where i killed the two hunters, and then you arrive to a open place where two big guys with axes and two shooters are. I managed to pass and you arrive to a dead end. Where is a corpse that gives you a weight elixir item, and a magical portal gets you just in front of the dead end door and crush you (a giant hand) This is for late?
Because as you known a lot of think in souls games are mysterious as f*ck.

You can go back to the U
nseen
V
illage
via the 3rd grave stone on the stairs in the Hunter's Dream (above the Yharnam and Outskirts gravestone).
Getting killed again by a Kidnapper doesn't spawn you back there.

The closed gate where you got crushed by a F
alse
G
od
is for later. Don't worry about that in the moment.

To progress you have to go through the door with that guy behind it asking you for the password.

Down goes Logarius, motherfucker was legit! With the combination of the threaded cane in the beginning to get some range on the guy and the BoM for the second phase he went down, but he was challenging.

Akuun

She
won't stay dead. She will always respawn the next time you're back in the Hunter's Dream. Just like nothing happened.

I'm not gonna read that just yet because of spoilers, but just the fact that you replied to that makes me uneasy

Fuck's sake it's even harder lol. Watchdog was difficult, but at least it didn't take long for me to figure out what to do, here I have no idea. Standing still during jumps helps, but I still can't deal much damage before I die.

The secret about her jumps is that she actually always jumps forward. Took me too long to figure this out, lol.

So I'm level 20 and need souls. What's better to help others in coop at the beginning of the game
Father G or Cleric Beast
I want to farm for souls since
I killed Elieen at the sewers so I can get her Blade of Mercy early

Risgroo

The secret about her jumps is that she actually always jumps forward. Took me too long to figure this out, lol.

I almost beat her just now, down to 10% health then I got distracted by a notification on my phone, got stomped, put down the controller before I realised that I was still alive, then got stomped again.

BLOODBORNE™

Cursed/Defiled Layer 1 boss down. It was actually a decent fight, I like having battles with NPC's. That character had rad looking armour, will it become available to buy?

Onto Layer 2 now..

I'm getting absolutely stomped by
Ebrietas
. I've probably died like 20 times to her, and I'm level 81 ;(

I suck at this game.

Ebriteas have tons of health, check your gear and upgrade your weapons.

Also use anti arcane damage because in her last phase she will spam magic

Cursed/Defiled Layer 1 boss down. It was actually a decent fight, I like having battles with NPC's. That character had rad looking armour, will it become available to buy?

Onto Layer 2 now..

The one with the witch hat? the insight vendors sells it I think

So I'm level 20 and need souls. What's better to help others in coop at the beginning of the game
Father G or Cleric Beast
I want to farm for souls since
I killed Elieen at the sewers so I can get her Blade of Mercy early

Go to
the unseen village or the forgotten forest
, there are tons of souls there

RevolverBlake

Neo Member
Why Reiterpallasch and not Chikage? Seems like a waste since Reiterpallasch's primary contributor to damage is Skill. Yes of course Reiterpallasch's bullets is quite deadly if you have high Bloodtinge but since it cannot be buffed by a Bone Marrow Ash unlike Evelyn/Cannon, it'd be more wise to use your firearm if you intend to cause damage yeah?

And at least with Chikage you have a great damage-dealing backup should you run out of bullets.

On this note; I always find Bloodtinge to synergize better with a Skill build, anyone feels the same?

It's just a matter of playstyle. Here's how it usually works in PvP:
  1. Make contact
  2. Spam Evelyn & Reiterpallasch like a Tarantino character
  3. Wait until they come close and start spamming R1 attacks
  4. Parry with the Reiterpallasch
  5. Cannon

butman

You can go back to the U
nseen
V
illage
via the 3rd grave stone on the stairs in the Hunter's Dream (above the Yharnam and Outskirts gravestone).
Getting killed again by a Kidnapper doesn't spawn you back there.

The closed gate where you got crushed by a F
alse
G
od
is for later. Don't worry about that in the moment.

To progress you have to go through the door with that guy behind it asking you for the password.

And where is this door? After Vicar Amelia?

kewlmyc

This has probably been asked multiple times before, but is there any benefit to having high insight? I know you see things at 40 insight, but I'm at the point in the game where they appear by themselves. I'm getting rocked by "Mother Brain" and want to know would I be missing out on anything if I just spend my 70 or so insight on chunks?

If anyone can help me out with a depth 5 cursed Rom please let me know. These spiders are making me pull out my hair

This has probably been asked multiple times before, but is there any benefit to having high insight? I know you see things at 40 insight, but I'm at the point in the game where they appear by themselves. I'm getting rocked by "Mother Brain" and want to know would I be missing out on anything if I just spend my 70 or so insight on chunks?

No real benefit to high insight.

Akuun

How does Insight affect the game anyway? I've just been seeing it as a different kind of currency in the game. I have like 30-40 of the things by default, and a pile of Madman's Knowledge variants that I haven't touched because I don't know what to do with them.

I've used some to buy some of the armor sets in the Insight shop, but otherwise I haven't touched them.

Aside from buying stuff, insight makes certain enemies a bit tougher by giving them new moves and abilities. I also think that the higher insight you have, the lower your frenzy resistance is, though I'm not 100% sure about that one.

kewlmyc

If anyone can help me out with a depth 5 cursed Rom please let me know. These spiders are making me pull out my hair

No real benefit to high insight.

How does Insight affect the game anyway? I've just been seeing it as a different kind of currency in the game. I have like 30-40 of the things by default, and a pile of Madman's Knowledge variants that I haven't touched because I don't know what to do with them.

I've used some to buy some of the armor sets in the Insight shop, but otherwise I haven't touched them.

Understood, thanks.

Just beat
Celestial Emissary
. I feel as if I'm missing something. That can't be it to this place, there has to be more.

Risgroo

Just beat Y
harnam
and got the platinum. Final chalice wasn't that bad, didn't even die against the last two bosses, which is very unusual for me :p

Now I REALLY need to get back to my studying.

Bebpo

Banned
So...I need some help on Vicar Amelia. I haven't done Hemwick Channel yet and I've heard that helps, otherwise I've done everything else up to her.

I'm around lvl.30, almost all my points into STR with a few into VIT/END/SKILL. I have about 27 STR I think, 16 VIT/16 END, 12 SKILL. I was mainly using the Saw Cleaver (+4) and Kirkhammer 2H (+4) but now I've got the Ludwig's Holy Sword (+3) and I find it better for the mobs leading up to Vicar in terms of stun-locking them.

I'm not sure which is the best weapon for her. I do slightly more damage with the 2H Kirkhammer of Holy Sword, but with the short form Saw Cleaver I can get 3 hits in no problem after each attack I dodge whereas with the 2H I can usually only get 1 hit in safely and 2 hits is really risky. So I'm actually finding I'm doing better with the short Saw Cleaver just because I'm quick and able and can dodge and get a bunch of hits in.

I haven't used any fire paper because I don't want to waste them, and I've only been able to get her around 40% HP. Just because she has insane HP so it takes a bit to get her down and she kills me in 2 hits.

Also I can't tell if I should be locking on strafing or non-lock on running and jumping and rolling to dodge. I've been locking on so far, but sometimes when I do a side strafe, I don't move far enough to dodge the attack.

Been trying for a few hours today. No sure if I just need a better strategy then hanging mid-distance and side-strafe dodging her attacks and jumping in for a couple of hits, jump back out repeat, or if my stats/weapons are too low and I should be doing Hemwick Channel first.

Any tips?

Endo Punk

Just beat the
abhorrent beast in ailing loran
. This fucker is hands down the hardest boss ive fought in a souls/blood game. Downright relentless with pretty much zero cooldown time. Played it safe with poison knives, ash powered evelyn plus 30% extra visceral attack damage from ruins.The circle button is worn out from all the dodging. Man i need a break.

Akuun

So...I need some help on Vicar Amelia. I haven't done Hemwick Channel yet and I've heard that helps, otherwise I've done everything else up to her.

I'm around lvl.30, almost all my points into STR with a few into VIT/END/SKILL. I have about 27 STR I think, 16 VIT/16 END, 12 SKILL. I was mainly using the Saw Cleaver (+4) and Kirkhammer 2H (+4) but now I've got the Ludwig's Holy Sword (+3) and I find it better for the mobs leading up to Vicar in terms of stun-locking them.

I'm not sure which is the best weapon for her. I do slightly more damage with the 2H Kirkhammer of Holy Sword, but with the short form Saw Cleaver I can get 3 hits in no problem after each attack I dodge whereas with the 2H I can usually only get 1 hit in safely and 2 hits is really risky. So I'm actually finding I'm doing better with the short Saw Cleaver just because I'm quick and able and can dodge and get a bunch of hits in.

I haven't used any fire paper because I don't want to waste them, and I've only been able to get her around 40% HP. Just because she has insane HP so it takes a bit to get her down and she kills me in 2 hits.

Also I can't tell if I should be locking on strafing or non-lock on running and jumping and rolling to dodge. I've been locking on so far, but sometimes when I do a side strafe, I don't move far enough to dodge the attack.

Been trying for a few hours today. No sure if I just need a better strategy then hanging mid-distance and side-strafe dodging her attacks and jumping in for a couple of hits, jump back out repeat, or if my stats/weapons are too low and I should be doing Hemwick Channel first.

Any tips?

I think I took her on with a similar strategy as you - locked on, hung around medium range while dodging and punishing. A lot of it was just keeping my eyes peeled and watching what she was doing, because she is surprisingly fast for her size and a lot of her attacks cover a lot of ground. Having said that, I've seen a lot of other people be more aggressive and trying to stay in closer range. It does pay to be more aggressive to her, because she has ways of discouraging being too passive later in the fight. I hung back for my first kill and my winning run took damn near 10 minutes because of it. Most kills I've seen are much faster than that.

I preferred fast weapons for her (I used the Threaded Cane), so I would probably go with the Saw Cleaver out of the weapons you pointed out. But the heavy weapons might be good for their stagger capability too.

A few other tips:

- She can be staggered by hitting her joints, like her knees and elbows.
- Hitting her enough (I think on her knees) can sometimes stagger her into a state where you can visceral her, or at least spam a few attacks off. If you hear the "booom" sound, try to go for a visceral if you're close to her head.
- Most of her attacks can be punished at least a little bit if you're close enough. Dodge her swipes in the direction of her swings so that her arms go right over you.

Any tips?

First at all you are kinda low for her, so you have to hit her twice then back up, position yourself to her left hand and try to aim for her left side or hand, and retreat, try to hit her with your heavy attack once and step back and return to hit her to learn her reactions and when she star to scream hit her with heavy attack non stop.

You can also try to hit her legs and move with her and keep attacking her legs but be areful of her kicks and hit her ribs instead

Use your fire papers after you know her moves, you can only use 10 at the same time and you are pretty early of the game so don try to save them for later.

Just beat
Ebrietas
for the first time. I think this was my last missing boss of the normal storyline (missed a couple on my first run).

For me this was by far the most difficult boss of the game. I tried solid 30+ times to beat her. The whole evening yesterday and then now for 90 minutes.

Thanks for PS4s magnificient recording I was able to save this overwhelming moment. For everyone who wants to check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1CdilMEEQQ

Shame I wasn't recording my voice as well. I was really into it. Like: "You and me bitch!" "That all you got?" lol

By the end my hands were shacking and the glory after was like onky a Souls game can give it to you.

Guess I could have beat her faster but I
could not figure out how to effectivly dogde her attack where she would just storm towards you
and as I always I didn't want to check any guide for the correct approach before I finished her off once.

Anyway, what a great moment to end the day. Going to sleep now.

Bebpo

Banned
First at all you are kinda low for her, so you have to hit her twice then back up, position yourself to her left hand and try to aim for her left side or hand, and retreat, try to hit her with your heavy attack once and step back and return to hit her to learn her reactions and when she star to scream hit her with heavy attack non stop.

You can also try to hit her legs and move with her and keep attacking her legs but be areful of her kicks and hit her ribs instead

Use your fire papers after you know her moves, you can only use 10 at the same time and you are pretty early of the game so don try to save them for later.

Hmm, I'm surprised my stats are low for her. I feel like I've explored everything out besides Hemwick Channel.

What kind of stats are recommended for her?

Oh and my best equipment right now is ~50/110/40/40 I think. I think it's the hunter garb. I keep finding new equipment but it always has weaker stats.

Top Bottom