• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

I could get him to about half health but when he starts
flying at you and planting the sword in the ground
, it was just too much for me to handle.

Exactly the same as me, I got help on 3 bosses in total as I don't have enough time in my life to try a boss 20-30 times!

I meant skill or arcane.

Well, then start with the Cane and switch to something else later if you want. All the skill weapons are good, but I personally dislike BoM. I love the Reiterpallasch and the Burial Blade and a Cane +10 will wreck anything in the Chalice Dungeons.

Not sure what is best for Arcane, some people here with experience?

NEO0MJ

Well, then start with the Cane and switch to something else later if you want. All the skill weapons are good, but I personally dislike BoM. I love the Reiterpallasch and the Burial Blade and a Cane +10 will wreck anything in the Chalice Dungeons.

Thanks! Helped me a lot.

Thanks! Helped me a lot.

You're welcome. And don't forget using buffs. Fire Paper and Bolt Paper are extremely useful and add 80 elemental damage to your AR.

edit: Final suggestion: Don't skill over 25 and don't level BT until you get the Chikage. Then you can still decide to make a Bloodtinge build or just go all out skill.

I've been playing offline only, mainly because i felt the fps was better. Am i missing out on much?

Not really, besides messages people leave behind and the ability to leave notes for other people as well. And summoning. I dont think being offline makes the fps better, welp I have not notice it :p

NEO0MJ

I can barely hit
Darkbeast Paarl
. What the fuck am I doing wrong? Haven't had this much trouble on a boss yet.

It's better to use a weapon with good vertical hits such as the Axe. You'll hit nothing f you use a weapon that only hits in front of you at low angles or thrusts forward.

Still can't really hit him though. Should I be locking on? I can't really keep track of him and dodge without locking on but I can't hit his legs when I'm locked on.

Asking for a third time in hopes someone knows:

Is the hissing noise still present in beast form? Is it always present while using Beast Claws?

Adaren

Still can't really hit him though. Should I be locking on? I can't really keep track of him and dodge without locking on but I can't hit his legs when I'm locked on.

I did that boss on NG+ without lock-on. Swung my 2H Ludwigs around under his belly until I could get him in a prone state, then visceral and repeat.

I'm normally a pretty conservative player, but my strategy on that boss is to just go ham. Get in there and wreck him!

SpokkX

That's for offline? Might switch myself then.

Yeah the game stutters a bit less offline , framepacing at least is better

For this reason i played offline.. Also this is the first souls game i felt was designed for singleplayer mainly

The story mode is quite possible to finish yourself. Coop almost feels like a cheat mode.

In other souls games summoning was a critical part of the game, especially in dark souls 2.

darknil

So, I defeated
Rom
and via some backtracking, I ended up entering
Cainhurst Castle and killing Martyr Logarius

Now, I've seen a lot of videos with a crow like armor, decided to look it up and the name Eileen the Crow appears, I don't think I've talked to her in my playthrough, where is she at this point of the game?

Also, regarding the ending:
I know that in order to get the real ending and the final battle, you need to consume 3 umbilical cords, I have the one that you can find in the Abandoned Old Workshop, I lost the one that Iosefka's imposter has (due to killing her before Rom). I know the other 2 are dropped by the Wet Nurse and the other by Arianna. When exactly is Arianna supposed to have the baby?

Aaand about the Cathedral Ward,
what is the deal about the baby crying? Where is it? I haven't found the guy that starts killing everyone but yet the old lady is dead..

The story mode is quite possible to finish yourself. Coop almost feels like a cheat mode.

In other souls games summoning was a critical part of the game, especially in dark souls 2.

Some BB bosses looks like were designed to be coop like the U
nborn
and L
ogarious
, still DS2 was heavily designed to be more accesible so there is always an NPC to help you in any boss battle

So, I defeated
Rom
and via some backtracking, I ended up entering
Cainhurst Castle and killing Martyr Logarius

Now, I've seen a lot of videos with a crow like armor, decided to look it up and the name Eileen the Crow appears, I don't think I've talked to her in my playthrough, where is she at this point of the game?

Also, regarding the ending:
I know that in order to get the real ending and the final battle, you need to consume 3 umbilical cords, I have the one that you can find in the Abandoned Old Workshop, I lost the one that Iosefka's imposter has (due to killing her before Rom). I know the other 2 are dropped by the Wet Nurse and the other by Arianna. When exactly is Arianna supposed to have the baby?

Aaand about the Cathedral Ward,
what is the deal about the baby crying? Where is it? I haven't found the guy that starts killing everyone but yet the old lady is dead..

If you already killed Rom she will move to the grand cathedral, be careful she is hostile now. her gear will become available on the hunters dream

She
gave birth
on the sewers, the Old guy is outside the cathedral. The baby is
omnipotent

I'm guessing skill is more movement and quickness based? Do you have a rundown of what each skill does? Are there any useless ones?
Skill and strength mostly deal with weapon damage and scale with the weapons that are based around that stat. I'm more a skill build so I level up that the most because my weapons scale with it. I use threaded cane and blades of Mercy mostly now. Endurance works for certain resistances and also ups your stamina so you can hit and dodge more. Bloodtinge is your bullet damage stat and certain weapons also scale with that. Arcane seems to be element and magic based and certain weapons scale with that as well. I've been more melee focused and only use the blunderbuss for parrying so I haven't even dumped a point into either arcane or Bloodtinge. Vitality is health. I've only ever upgraded strentgh, just enough for Ludwig holy blade and to help the scaling a bit, skill, vitality and endurance. it all really depends on the play style and weapon set you plan on using the most.

JawzPause

I'm sure this will make
Nightmare Frontier
easier.

Not really, besides messages people leave behind and the ability to leave notes for other people as well. And summoning. I dont think being offline makes the fps better, welp I have not notice it :p

The game loads a little faster and there are less frame rate issues.
Thanks guys! I guess I'll stay offline and in NG+ i'll play online

Skill and strength mostly deal with weapon damage and scale with the weapons that are based around that stat. I'm more a skill build so I level up that the most because my weapons scale with it. I use threaded cane and blades of Mercy mostly now. Endurance works for certain resistances and also ups your stamina so you can hit and dodge more. Bloodtinge is your bullet damage stat and certain weapons also scale with that. Arcane seems to be element and magic based and certain weapons scale with that as well. I've been more melee focused and only use the blunderbuss for parrying so I haven't even dumped a point into either arcane or Bloodtinge. Vitality is health. I've only ever upgraded strentgh, just enough for Ludwig holy blade and to help the scaling a bit, skill, vitality and endurance. it all really depends on the play style and weapon set you plan on using the most.
OK so could I get by never touching arcane then? Or will that be necessary later on to equip certain things? And if I choose to level up skill mainly should I occasionally dump points in strength to meet weapon requirements and whatnot?

Celegus

Maybe the Lost Sinner in NG+ and subsequent playthroughs, but that's the only time I ever summoned someone through 100%ing all 3 Souls games (and Bloodborne). I also hate getting invaded and PvP in general, so I've always played offline.

OK so could I get by never touching arcane then? Or will that be necessary later on to equip certain things? And if I choose to level up skill mainly should I occasionally dump points in strength to meet weapon requirements and whatnot?
I've never touched arcane, but it's needed for certain items that I've never even used yet. I've gotten passed a good amount of the bosses without using the arcane items as well, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Strength isn't bad to be honest, it still ups damage for basic R1 attacks I was told. My skill is up to about 33 I think with my strength at 18 so you can be the judge. It helps but it doesn't scale with my weapons. I probably won't put another point into strength till I hit the hard cap of 50 because my weapons are either ranked B or A with scaling towards the skill stat so the damage sees more of a pay off through that. What weapons do you plan on using? And strength scales as well to weapons it really just depends on what weapons you intend to use. A threaded cane and Ludwig's holy blade combo is actually quite effective.

Beat
Gehrman
today.

Started facing him with 80 bullets and 80 blood vials, used up almost all of them lol.

The final fight I started with 16 bullets and 20 vials, had to do the move where you sacrifice health for bullets a couple of times, as I was only visceral attacking him.

Probably my favorite boss in the game. The music, the setting, plus
Gerhman looked badass

It actually reminded me of fighting the Boss in MGS3, since both involve
fighting in a field of white flowers

I've never touched arcane, but it's needed for certain items that I've never even used yet. I've gotten passed a good amount of the bosses without using the arcane items as well, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Strength isn't bad to be honest, it still ups damage for basic R1 attacks I was told. My skill is up to about 33 I think with my strength at 18 so you can be the judge. It helps but it doesn't scale with my weapons. I probably won't put another point into strength till I hit the hard cap of 50 because my weapons are either ranked B or A with scaling towards the skill stat so the damage sees more of a pay off through that. What weapons do you plan on using?
Wait I thought Strength dictated the damage of Strength-reliant weapons and Skill the damage of Skill-reliant weapons? They both increase damage for all weapons?

Wait I thought Strength dictated the damage of Strength-reliant weapons and Skill the damage of Skill-reliant weapons? They both increase damage for all weapons?
It depends. Sorry if I'm confusing you on this one. It helps if you check out the requirements of your weapon. Depending on the letter pertaining to that stat you'll see the damage output for it increase if you increase the stat. I think with the threaded cane it goes up by one number, but with the blades of Mercy it doesn't go up at all since the blades of Mercy are a strict skill weapon. It has arcane damage as well but I don't think it benefits from arcane by that much. An expert on that can correct me if they want. What is your current weapon? If it's the cane upgrade skill. Hunters axe upgrade strength.

thanks y'all, how much should I be locking on to enemies approximately?

also should i be destroying random boxes in hopes of getting an item or naw

also i've never actually been able to execute a visceral attack yet, what's up with that? it's just r1 near a staggered enemy right?
R1 in front of a staggered enemy, must be face to face.
thanks y'all, how much should I be locking on to enemies approximately?

also should i be destroying random boxes in hopes of getting an item or naw
Normal enemies it's fine, if it's some shit that takes up the entire screen in a tight area do not lock on.

R1 in front of a staggered enemy, must be face to face.

Normal enemies it's fine, if it's some shit that takes up the entire screen in a tight area do not lock on.

okay and should i be killing every enemy along the way to a new area or just try and prioritize getting to the next lantern?

and any tips for getting charge attacks from behind?

okay and should i be killing every enemy along the way to a new area or just try and prioritize getting to the next lantern?

and any tips for getting charge attacks from behind?
I'm not the best with landing charged attacks from behind unless it's somebody I'm able to sneak up on, certain things I don't exactly rely on. Well regarding enemies, yeah clean sweep I guess since you need the souls.

Just fought those
three watchers
in the Central Pthumeru Root Dungeon I think, I think I killed one with a single visceral attack. Ok and I just got the first Pthumerian boss thing with the sickle hands. They're starting to bare their fangs now.

I'm not the best with landing charged attacks from behind unless it's somebody I'm able to sneak up on, certain things I don't exactly rely on. Well regarding enemies, yeah clean sweep I guess since you need the souls.

Just fought those
three watchers
in the Central Pthumeru Root Dungeon I think, I think I killed one with a single visceral attack. Ok and I just got the first Pthumerian boss thing with the sickle hands. They're starting to bare their fangs now.

I mean I haven't even unlocked leveling up yet so I think that's more important right now

Still can't beat
Paarl
. I'm completely at my wit's end. Barely take any health off before dying. Didn't even have this much trouble with Ornstein and Smough. I'm not gonna summon because that's lame but man, this is driving me crazy. How am I supposed to hit his legs when I can't lock onto them? He moves too quick just to slash randomly.

Just fought those
three watchers

The sickle guy is a nightmare on Pthumeru Ithyl >_<

Still can't beat
Paarl
. I'm completely at my wit's end. Barely take any health off before dying. Didn't even have this much trouble with Ornstein and Smough. I'm not gonna summon because that's lame but man, this is driving me crazy. How am I supposed to hit his legs when I can't lock onto them? He moves too quick just to slash randomly.

I can help with it, have sometime left.

Top Bottom