• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

kewlmyc

Bloodborne finally beaten. Cheesed
Gehrman
using Rifle Spear R2 and
Moon Presence
I just beat regularly using Blades of Mercy +10.

Gehrman
took around 4 tries and beat
Moon Presence
on my first try so I was happy about that.

Great game, glad I finished it. Now on to actually finish DaS and DaSII.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I think everyone will answer the first question differently based on their individual experiences. For me, I thought Dark Souls wasn't quite as hard, however I was very high level at the end of my first playthrough so I am not sure it's valid. Overall it's probably similarly challenging. Bloodborne is much more about being aggressive in the way you play, whereas Dark Souls was much slower paced combat (the way I played anyway, making use of the shield a lot!).

As for performance, I think the game runs great and keeps to 30fps mass majority of the time. There are frame pacing issues with the game resulting in stuttering, but I honestly think not everyone will notice that. There isn't anything like the slowdown in DkS1.

BB is a fantastic fucking action(rpg) game and an absolute beauty to play. Maybe borrow it off a friend first if you aren't sure?

Every time I watch gameplay I want to play it, and it looks fun but if it's so hard I'm just flopping all the time I won't like it, I don't enjoy games that are so hard they stop being a relaxing pastime.

Every time I watch gameplay I want to play it, and it looks fun but if it's so hard I'm just flopping all the time I won't like it, I don't enjoy games that are so hard they stop being a relaxing pastime.

The good thing about BB is that the harder bosses (and areas) are optional. If you just want to finish the game I'd say is on par with DkS.

Getting the best ending involves facing more areas and bosses, some of which are considerably harder.

Getting the plat involves facing the hardest content in any souls games.

But seriously, if you feel overwhelmed at worst you just can use co-op and at absolutly worst you can overlevel and finish the game.

Decided to fire up the game again after the latest patch looking to co-op some chalice dungeons. Set a password, rang the bell and had a friend try to connect with the short ritual root chalice. Sat there for over 10 minutes, removed the password and tried again for a few more and was unable to summon them into the game. Looks like I'm done with this again until they fix summoning in these dungeons.

ok game, you got me. i'm completely stumped. beat
Vicar Amelia, Witch of Hemwick and Darkbeast Paarl... and none of them lead anywhere? wtf.

for two nights i've played and just wandered around areas i've been to a million times and there just isn't anywhere to go.. i must be missing something really obvious and i'll feel like an idiot soon.

someone give me a subtle hint or something. i'm at my wit's end here.

Ok you forgot to return to the password door located in the graveyard where two church giants are sleeping, In the Cathedral ward go left, pass the church ring guy then straight to the stairs and go upside, go left, then left again to enter a new zone

Decided to fire up the game again after the latest patch looking to co-op some chalice dungeons. Set a password, rang the bell and had a friend try to connect with the short ritual root chalice. Sat there for over 10 minutes, removed the password and tried again for a few more and was unable to summon them into the game. Looks like I'm done with this again until they fix summoning in these dungeons.

Mmmmm its more like the game use a poorly implemented netcode, try to set the password to Worldwide and use a simplie password, dont know if is case sensitive.

Mawlok

Micolash
is such a pain in the ass, I don't know how I'm having so much trouble with him when he's so simple but I keep managing to screw up every time.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
The good thing about BB is that the harder bosses (and areas) are optional. If you just want to finish the game I'd say is on par with DkS.

Getting the best ending involves facing more areas and bosses, some of which are considerably harder.

Getting the plat involves facing the hardest content in any souls games.

But seriously, if you feel overwhelmed at worst you just can use co-op and at absolutly worst you can overlevel and finish the game.

I think I will end up getting it at some point, maybe if there's a good deal or something. TLOU will be my first game to run through when my PS4 arrives, but I think BB will definitely be in my library at some point.

Bebpo

Banned
I'm reading up on the Lore and are the chalice dungeons actually supposed to be part of the plot? Are they the "old labyrinth"?
If so I find it confusing that the Chalice dungeons are canon since story bosses show up in them, right?

Also it is pretty annoying the game forces new game+
Kind of interested in doing the chalice dungeons but it's too late now that I've beat the game.

Celegus

I'm reading up on the Lore and are the chalice dungeons actually supposed to be part of the plot? Are they the "old labyrinth"?
If so I find it confusing that the Chalice dungeons are canon since story bosses show up in them, right?

Kind of interested in doing the chalice dungeons but it's too late now that I've beat the game.

You can chalice it up whenever you want, progress there is completely independent of your main story progress, NG, NG+, etc.

You can chalice it up whenever you want, progress there is completely independent of your main story progress, NG, NG+, etc.

They also made it so that you can get Blood Chunks in Chalice Dungeons so going into NG+ no longer completely halts your weapon upgrading process.

Well, according to some theories,
the Old Ones don't actually have physical bodies (or something). Killing them in the story world is kinda like killing a doppelganger. Their true form isn't physical.
I don't know, it gets very confusing.

NEO0MJ

Micolash
is such a pain in the ass, I don't know how I'm having so much trouble with him when he's so simple but I keep managing to screw up every time.

The most annoying thing about that fight is
the chase. If you die you have to go through it again, which was annoying. And it sucks we can't do much damage to him during the chase.

The Password. The Password.

I feel it's so easy to forget about that place, especially considering there's so much you an do in that area.

Well, according to some theories,
the Old Ones don't actually have physical bodies (or something). Killing them in the story world is kinda like killing a doppelganger. Their true form isn't physical.
I don't know, it gets very confusing.

I don't know,
doesn't patches shows concern and shock when you kill Amy? Maybe they can resurrect themselves but those are probably their real bodies. Of course I haven't beaten the true final boss so maybe there's some lore missing from me.

The most annoying thing about that fight is [SPOILER
I don't know,
doesn't patches shows concern and shock when you kill Amy? Maybe they can resurrect themselves but those are probably their real bodies. Of course I haven't beaten the true final boss so maybe there's some lore missing from me.

Patches was shocked because he worshiped Amygdala as a god. A lot of figures in the game worship the Great Ones without really knowing much about them.

NEO0MJ

Patches was shocked because he worshiped Amygdala as a god. A lot of figures in the game worship the Great Ones without really knowing much about them.

I thought he was more in the know about them considering his form and his knowledge.

For some reason, Eileen is my favorite character in the game.
She's fucking awesome.

I let her die with no regrets during the first fight.

Did you share/set the dungeon to open?

Beat
Yharnam
Gold trophy gettu.

My my, what an arduous journey it has been.

Nice work! Just about to face Cursed 3 boss
Amygdala

So did you then do Lower Loran, then the final dungeon? And skipped the Great Iz one (I don't think that is required but might be wrong).

cormack12

Gold Member
Is Amgydala really this hard or am I severely under levelled? Rocking cane+7 and am lvl 66. It's like a war of attrition but I'm not hitting hard enough to win :( Summoned two co-ops who are worse than me.......I can stay alive and generally swat around her tail and legs, and dodge most of her attacks but law of averages says she will get some in and I've just depleted all health vials. Pissed off.

The only other place I have to pursue is Yarghul chapel onwards but both seem kinda spiked in difficulty here in terms of mob health. Should I be completing Yarghul before Amygdala?

Is Amgydala really this hard or am I severely under levelled? Rocking cane+7 and am lvl 66. It's like a war of attrition but I'm not hitting hard enough to win :( Summoned two co-ops who are worse than me.......I can stay alive and generally swat around her tail and legs, and dodge most of her attacks but law of averages says she will get some in and I've just depleted all health vials. Pissed off.

The only other place I have to pursue is Yarghul chapel onwards but both seem kinda spiked in difficulty here in terms of mob health. Should I be completing Yarghul before Amygdala?

I did beat her before Yarghul, but it was very tough for me and it took me forever. I did it in co-op in the end too. I guess you can get there super early in the game, so you could be well under level. Tricky boss :(

NEO0MJ

Your level is more than fine. Try to hit her head using whip form's dash attack so she drops down and you can perform a visceral attack. Another thing to make use of is just not aiming so you can stay close and bait her into performing the multi--swipe attack which is easy to run from and leaves her exposed.

Rymuth

Platinum gett-o! Thanks for bearing with me, GAF. My 20th Plat. I can think of no other game more deserving of this milestone.

Nice work! Just about to face Cursed 3 boss
Amygdala

So did you then do Lower Loran, then the final dungeon? And skipped the Great Iz one (I don't think that is required but might be wrong).
Maaaaaaybe?

I don't remember and I'm not pulling your leg. You'll have to excuse me as the Chalice experience just blended together and I started zoning out. I even muted the sound and turned up GameGrumps playthrough of Sonic '06.

I can tell you I skipped one or two Layer 3s but I'm not sure which...my aim was only to get the materials necessary for Ihyll.

zoukka

I beat Amygdala on my first try immediately after I got the tonsil stone. Felt so good. I died a million times in the frontier though. Extended saw blade seemed to work wonders on that boss.

Celegus

I beat Amygdala on my first try immediately after I got the tonsil stone. Felt so good. I died a million times in the frontier though. Extended saw blade seemed to work wonders on that boss.

Don't worry, there's a much much harder version of her.

Platinum gett-o! Thanks for bearing with me, GAF. My 20th Plat. I can think of no other game more deserving of this milestone.

Maaaaaaybe?

I don't remember and I'm not pulling your leg. You'll have to excuse me as the Chalice experience just blended together and I started zoning out. I even muted the sound and turned up GameGrumps playthrough of Sonic '06.

I can tell you I skipped one or two Layer 3s but I'm not sure which...my aim was only to get the materials necessary for Ihyll.

Congrats, it's an awesome game to Platinum for sure, can't wait to get mine. I think I just need to do one of the two (either Loran Lower or Great Iz) to get 2 more Red Jellies. I think that's all I need to open the final dungeon.

Was the final dungeon tough? Should be hitting it tonight, maaaybe! :)

Deimo5

Nightmare Frontier Amygdala never killed me in two fights but I took about an hour killing the Chalice version tonight.
Wasn't too bad though, half the deaths were one-shots where it jumped up and landed on me in the final phase.
I liked learning how to fight it properly instead of kinda just swinging wildly in the Frontier.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Want me to help with Amygdala? I am available if you want.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Where is the best place to farm Insight? Running low :/

The only,and I do mean only, enemy in the entire game known to me to drop Madman Knowledge is the spiderlings of Rom.

Of course that would be extremely not ideal for farming... the only way that I know of is to coop or pvp lots of times.

Cheers guys.
Maybe joining people's co-op calls is the most efficient way at this point.

:/

It's not.

It's the most FUN way, but not the most efficient. The reason I say this is because people tend to die in coop and you won't get your insight point if the boss doesn't die.

Run through Pthumeru 1 one or two times and that should pick you back up.

Started playing this yesterday, bit of a difficult slow start but I love the new combat, feels so much more action packed than dark souls, trying to dodge at the right time and time your attacks correctly is a joy. Favourite weapon so far is the axe which I started with with the blunderbuss. Trying to tackle the bosses on your own is quite the challenge, thankfully I have been able to recruit some good hunters to help out.

Just a question, if you're asking for help, get 2 helpers but they drop out even though it says on the item its still searching it doesn't seem to start searching again. Is that the same for everyone?

It's not.

It's the most FUN way, but not the most efficient. The reason I say this is because people tend to die in coop and you won't get your insight point if the boss doesn't die.

Run through Pthumeru 1 one or two times and that should pick you back up.

The very first chalice dungeon, and its first layer? Do you just get them as you play through it then? I can't remember now!

Top Bottom