• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Just one trophy away from getting the platinum and it's the one where I have to get the last ending. And can't motivate myself to finish one more playthrough. Dark Souls definitely had more replay value which kept me playing and earn the platinum in the end.

Hintertomb layer 2 has an area that reminds of Blight Town. Came across some giant thing with a cannon surrounded by poison. Didn't even fight him. Ended up baiting him while I was on a platform so he walked around and I did this long enough to let the poison kill him. I don't care if it's cheap. Why fight a battle that I don't have to? Undead Giant with a Canon? Why? Thank god for the BoM.

Rymuth

Just one trophy away from getting the platinum and it's the one where I have to get the last ending. And can't motivate myself to finish one more playthrough. Dark Souls definitely had more replay value which kept me playing and earn the platinum in the end.
Could have used cloud saving.

Hintertomb layer 2 has an area that reminds of Blight Town. Came across some giant thing with a cannon surrounded by poison. Didn't even fight him. Ended up baiting him while I was on a platform so he walked around and I did this long enough to let the poison kill him. I don't care if it's cheap. Why fight a battle that I don't have to? Undead Giant with a Canon? Why? Thank god for the BoM.
It's always funny seeing some dungeons with poison smoke cause enemies to have their life bars pop up several rooms away because they started walking through the poison on their own.

kewlmyc

It's always funny seeing some dungeons with poison smoke cause enemies to have their life bars pop up several rooms away because they started walking through the poison on their own.

I was wondering how some enemies were killing themselves, but that makes perfect sense.

Yeah that is pretty funny. I was like, "What the hell happened to him? Thanks for the blood." The poison even killed an ambush full of rats as well. I just watched them scurry around and die. You mean to tell me that even after I curbstomp the Amygdala boss that the other ones are still there in other levels? Come on!!

Zomba13

Well fuck me. I sequence broke the game before the latest patch because I wanted to get to the upper cathedral ward ASAP as I missed that on my first game. Turned out that I still had to beat a bunch of stuff anyway to open the door there and to get to the chapel anyway so whatever, I did that. Now I went to fight Amelia and as I get there I see a hunter standing where she should be but I hear her praying anyway. I get close, trigger the cutscene and ooops, I get attacked by both the boss AND the Eileen.

I've been cruising through most of the chalice dungeons. Until yesterday, when I fought the Abhorrent Beast for the first time. That was a crazy difficulty spike. I died over twenty times. I even had to do a few farming runs for vials, for the first time ever. The struggle was real. Then I met him again a few hours later in a root chalice, and beat him on my first attempt. I guess I really learned how to fight him the first time.

Well fuck me. I sequence broke the game before the latest patch because I wanted to get to the upper cathedral ward ASAP as I missed that on my first game. Turned out that I still had to beat a bunch of stuff anyway to open the door there and to get to the chapel anyway so whatever, I did that. Now I went to fight Amelia and as I get there I see a hunter standing where she should be but I hear her praying anyway. I get close, trigger the cutscene and ooops, I get attacked by both the boss AND the Eileen.

Be careful. IIRC, you can get the game into an unwinnable state if you fight Amelia after Rom. (Moon phase changes back from bloodmoon to night, halting progress.)

Co-op is more fun than I expected, but it does make the game ridiculously easy. I started playing with a friend halfway through NG+ yesterday, and now we're 4 bosses into NG++. We've beaten nearly every single boss so far on the first attempt, without ever using guns/parrying. I was hoping for better difficulty scaling than this, but at least we're having fun. Hopefully NG+++ and up can give us a challenge.

I'll always solo (late game spoiler)
Gehrman
though, because it feels wrong to gang up on him. Easily my favourite boss fight as well. <3

Still stuck on Clocktower Gun Guy in Old Yharnem, how the hell do I beat him, I'm level 31ish, should I go somewhere else? I thought I was going towards the right path for the next main boss but apparently not.

Still stuck on Clocktower Gun Guy in Old Yharnem, how the hell do I beat him, I'm level 31ish, should I go somewhere else? I thought I was going towards the right path for the next main boss but apparently not.

You are not forced to kill him, try to evade him and go forward that area, you can simply spam your gun and push him to the edge or coop to kill him

You are not forced to kill him, try to evade him and go forward that area, you can simply spam your gun and push him to the edge or coop to kill him

I decided just to buy a pistol and try and push him off the edge

i did go past the area once though and couldn't find a lantern, it just looped around

Blunderbuss has knockback to knock him off the tower, you can quit and restart to get his loot if you can't reach it.

Derpot

Gosh, I did some pvp yesterday and the lag really ruins everything.
Defeated so many times because of "invisible range" thingy D:

Fight Blood starved beast. He's at the area with all the damn werewolves. Don't bother with Djura and open the door after his ladder I think.

yeah I finally found him, was going really well and I was surprised so many people were having problems and then he got to his final stage :/

yeah I finally found him, was going really well and I was surprised so many people were having problems and then he got to his final stage :/
Have antidotes at the ready, should put on Gascoigne's gear for the poison resistance and fire paper is your friend, he can also be parried.

Have antidotes at the ready, should put on Gascoigne's gear for the poison resistance and fire paper is your friend, he can also be parried.
sold Gascione's stuff, using fire paper and antidotes take a long ass time to work and as soon as they do he just poisons me again

sold Gascione's stuff, using fire paper and antidotes take a long ass time to work and as soon as they do he just poisons me again
Just a word of warning you can't buy that stuff back. Try keeping your distance from him he's a bit speedy though. You don't get a better anti poison set till you find the black church set. Try throwing molotov's during that phase.

To add to the previous warning, a lot of armors has particular strenghts that make them useful againts bosses or things like poison. Don't sell them. I think you can buy Gascoigne stuff back at the Messengers, but will cost you Insight.

Just a word of warning you can't buy that stuff back. Try keeping your distance from him he's a bit speedy though. You don't get a better anti poison set till you find the black church set. Try throwing molotov's during that phase.
Yeah got him on my 3rd or 4th try but used up all my antidotes

and really i've been selling all of the armors just because none have better ratings than mine

also is it true I end up in the main cathedral eventually anyway or should I buy that emblem now

Yeah got him on my 3rd or 4th try but used up all my antidotes

and really i've been selling all of the armors just because none have better ratings than mine

also is it true I end up in the main cathedral eventually anyway or should I buy that emblem now

Don't look only at the physical defense ratings, things like Fire, Blood and Poison defense are also important in certain situations.

Yeah but usually it's worse in other areas so I just scrap it. Is it really necessary to keep around for bosses?

I won't say 100% necessary, but it certainly helps. Note that, not all armors excels in one particualr thing, a few of them are just mehstatic, but you want to watch for the ones that are way superior in certain aspects, like elemental defenses.

Yeah but usually it's worse in other areas so I just scrap it. Is it really necessary to keep around for bosses?
It helps in certain areas. I even just swap them in and out just to have something different to look at. But yeah don't just pay attention to the physical defense stat, the resistance differences do help, this is especially key in the latter stages, you're only in the beginning still.

It helps in certain areas. I even just swap them in and out just to have something different to look at. But yeah don't just pay attention to the physical defense stat, the resistance differences do help, this is especially key in the latter stages, you're only in the beginning still.
Do I ever get anything with better defense though? And I guess weight isn't a thing?

Also if I leave a chalice dungeon will it be the same when I come back to the light?

The physical defense values on armor are displayed like, 10x the value of what you're actually getting. The elemental defense will help you more in certain boss fights.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Ouch.

IMHO it is one of the real decent gears in this game, especially the body clothing. Decent physical protection (thrust especially), good Arcane resist, great Poison resist, and it looked cool.

Ouch.

IMHO it is one of the real decent gears in this game, especially the body clothing. Decent physical protection (thrust especially), good Arcane resist, great Poison resist, and it looked cool.

how was I supposed to know what resistances were important :(

got the watchdog of the old lords in the third level of my first chalice dungeon, only level 34 or something

should I just give up and try again later?

Top Bottom