• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

PranooY

I wonder if some good gaffer could summon me via the short ritual chalice into this glyph: kkqmduet.

I want to make a low level Burial Blade user.
Could give the favor back with other characters.
I'm free now and can help you out.
Edit: It seems, i cannot.

PranooY

I had alot of trouble with him myself and there are alot of different ways to kill him. I didnt use lock on and then baited his 3 punch combo and dodged under him right before the third punch then hit his legs once or twice then backed off, hardly used a single vial this way. When he starts to walk towards you he is most likely going to try and stomp you, just back away and when he stomps rush towards him to close the gap. In his second phase when the head comes out i used a repeating pistol with ash. If you run out of ash try oil+molotovs, he is really aggressive here so dont get greedy and try to stay at full health as much as possible.
Finally did it. Beating him (Headless Bloodletting beast of Iihyl dungeon) keeping my level under 90 was the hardest thing ever i've done, in Bloodborne. Goddamn, feels so good.
gif_by_emoxynha-d54fl7t.gif

Atlas157

Just beat the final boss
Gehrman
in one try with no blood vials left... I got so lucky with the final hit because he rushed at me with an attack and I timed my L2 perfectly with Ludwig's.

10/10 will play again.

How exactly do the codes for the root dungeons work? Does the host have to be online for someone to access the dungeon? I'm on the final preset dungeon and plan to dive into the root chalices for some good loot when I finish.

How exactly do the codes for the root dungeons work? Does the host have to be online for someone to access the dungeon? I'm on the final preset dungeon and plan to dive into the root chalices for some good loot when I finish.

The host doesn't need to be online, it becomes a dungeon that's put on a server that people can begin to access.

Also keep in mind that you have to make your own Additional Rite Dungeon before you can access ones people have made that have those modifiers for better loot.

So vicar Amelia is really hard and I seem to not do very much damage to her. Should I explore the surrounding areas of the cathedral ward (some creepy place with a brain sucking Cthulhu creature, and area with a hunter(?) that has an electric weapon, etc) or keep trying agains the vicar?

cormack12

Gold Member
So vicar Amelia is really hard and I seem to not do very much damage to her. Should I explore the surrounding areas of the cathedral ward (some creepy place with a brain sucking Cthulhu creature, and area with a hunter(?) that has an electric weapon, etc) or keep trying agains the vicar?

Go left when facing her chamber into the Hemwick Lane, it's a good area for you to level if you need it and the boss isn't too difficult.

The host doesn't need to be online, it becomes a dungeon that's put on a server that people can begin to access.

Also keep in mind that you have to make your own Additional Rite Dungeon before you can access ones people have made that have those modifiers for better loot.
Additional Rite? What exactly do I need to to do? Do I just need to make my own dungeon of the same type?

Additional Rite? What exactly do I need to to do? Do I just need to make my own dungeon of the same type?
I forget how to trigger the option but if you have the extra materials then you can eventually make a root dungeon that is Fetid, Cursed, Rotten and doing that will let you visit very charming glyphs that did the same but RNG'd layouts that have some kind of benefit (usually Pthumeru Ithyll is done for this because it has the best physical gem drops with a chance of getting other types of gems on the side).

Xeilyn

Finally did it. Beating him (Headless Bloodletting beast of Iihyl dungeon) keeping my level under 90 was the hardest thing ever i've done, in Bloodborne. Goddamn, feels so good.
gif_by_emoxynha-d54fl7t.gif
Well done! I was shaking when i beat him, great feeling indeed

PranooY

Finally got the plat. Yohoo.
gif_by_emoxynha-d54d88k.gif

What are the best tips against
Micolash
, specifically during the second phase of the fight? Thanks
You are talking about after catching up to him in the cage right? Use a fast weapon, stick close to him. Never ever back off him to heal, he will one-hit kill u with his magic. Where as his hits does negligible damage.

cormack12

Gold Member
What are the best tips against
Micolash
, specifically during the second phase of the fight? Thanks

As above. Stick close, wail on him until you're depleted except for a little bit. If you fully exhausted you won't be able to interrupt his Ebrietas or star shard thing. So smash him in the corner then stop and just keep running against him. When you see the blue/white orbs indicating arcane power up interrupt him and repeat. I don't think firearm interrupts the magic unfortunately, at least ddin't seem to from my blunderbuss +7

sam777

You are talking after catching up to him in the cage right? Use a fast weapon, stick close to him. Never ever back off him to heal, he will one-hit kill u with his magic. Where as his hits does negligible damage.

As above. Stick close, wail on him until you're depleted except for a little bit. If you fully exhausted you won't be able to interrupt his Ebrietas or star shard thing. So smash him in the corner then stop and just keep running against him. When you see the blue/white orbs indicating arcane power up interrupt him and repeat. I don't think firearm interrupts the magic unfortunately, at least ddin't seem to from my blunderbuss +7

Thanks I will try this.

when is this digital guide coming out?

lost my save file awhile back, so I'm starting from scratch. Why can't I get the beckoning bell after I killed the Celtic Beast?

Just beat the game on NG+ and I still have no idea what the story is. I also don't know the uses of a few of the items I have. I really like figuring things out on my own, but I think this series goes a little too far in trying to be deceptive and difficult to understand.

stryke

So I met Eileen for the first time but I didn't realise she was someone you could talk to so I tried stealth attacking from the back and got my ass handed to me.

After looking up a little info on her, I tried talking talking the second time I meet her but suddenly she just attacked me on sight. Is that supposed to happen? Did I just ruin anything related to her for the rest of the game by attacking her the previous time?

Just finished the final dungeon. Wow. That was an intense couple of days with the home stretch. I just have to finish this playthrough for the platinum. I think this is one of my favorite games now.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Right now I'm using a Hunter Pistol but I unlocked a Repeating Pistol, should I buy it?

Repeating Pistol is one of the most damaging firearms in the game, second only in Cannon in terms of raw damage, eclipsing even Evelyn provided it and Evelyn are in the same level +10 and the Bloodtinge stat is similar (say, 50). It is very good to use against enemies with obvious weak points such as Cleric Beast, Darkbeast Paarl, Amygdala, Ebrietas, etc, but for human enemies/bosses Evelyn will generally serve you better due to parrying mechanics.

For pure damage though, Repeating Pistol is the highest. Well, again, except for Cannon, but for sustained damage Repeating Pistol is better than Cannon, in my opinion (powered by Bone Marrow Ash obviously) since you can only fire Cannon twice making carrying 10 Bone Marrow Ash a redundant thing to do.

I personally took Evelyn for all-purpose stuff, since it can also cause considerable damage to the likes of Amygdala/Ebrietas and it also serves well against humanoid bosses for parries. However if you use Reiterpallasch, then I suggest you take Repeating Pistol, since Reiterpallasch' shots from its gun form eclipse Evelyn in terms of raw damage because most likely you'll be slotting it with various gems if you use it as your main weapon and it serves well for parrying, and for really high damage you can use Repeating Pistol with Bone Marrow Ash.

So I met Eileen for the first time but I didn't realise she was someone you could talk to so I tried stealth attacking from the back and got my ass handed to me.

After looking up a little info on her, I tried talking talking the second time I meet her but suddenly she just attacked me on sight. Is that supposed to happen? Did I just ruin anything related to her for the rest of the game by attacking her the previous time?

Yeah, basically. You'll miss out various gestures and a particularly useful Oath Rune, but everything else you can still get, including her weapons/outfits. At least not until NG+

stryke

Yeah, basically. You'll miss out various gestures and a particularly useful Oath Rune, but everything else you can still get, including her weapons/outfits. At least not until NG+

I'm not particularly concerned about gestures but did I just make the game any harder for myself?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
What are the soft caps?
Right now my stats are

VIT 31
END 28
STR 31
SKL 28
BLD 9
ARC 17

Endurance stops raising at 40, but in most cases 35 or even 30 is more than enough. For everything else the "limit" is basically 50--beyond that you can still raise it up to 99 but the return is very small.

I'm not particularly concerned about gestures but did I just make the game any harder for myself?

It's a nice Rune to have but not necessarily really important per se (it raises up your Stamina regeneration.) You can ignore her right now if defeating her is too much for you at this point (though there are certain ways to make it much, much easier); later on after passing a particular milestone in the game you will meet her again and she will attack you and then if you manage to beat her you'll gain access to her gear (particularly useful for one of the most annoying part of the game, especially the head gear--and many consider her weapon as one of the best weapons in the game).

Oh and I think you'll miss out a particular set of gear which boasts the highest Bolt resistence in the game as well, since the character that you need to defeat to make it appear in the Insight Shop is tied to her quest.

Just....... don't use Hand Lantern since it will slow down your Stamina regen and you don't have her Rune to counter its effect, hahaha.

I am currently on the old watchdog in the defiled chalice. Working on getting my platinum. Can you Co-op the defiled chalices?

Yeah, you can.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
does it ignore level if you use the code to summon? That was changed correct? I am lvl 183 so Im pretty high...

Yeah as per the latest patch if you use passwords.

You can still summon people from 127-239 so the range is still pretty generous/doable, since many people also level up their character up to 150-ish.

Scrawnton

Yeah as per the latest patch if you use passwords.

You can still summon people from 127-239 so the range is still pretty generous/doable, since many people also level up their character up to 150-ish.

I just took it down to 20% on my second try. It seems pretty easy now that I know the strategy.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
So it's my first time trying the Chikage Hunter in NG (since my Eileen died or glitched on my first character, I only faced him in NG++). I went there immediately after killing Rom*. Goddamn, he really is the true last boss, lol. Never got even close to beating him, my best attempt was about halfway.

He doesn't "expire", right? He'll stay there in the Grand Cathedral until the end of the game? I think I'll come back until I have something better than my +6 weapon. xD

Not at all. The rune they're talking about barely makes a difference and you only get it way later in the game anyway.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
So I made the mistake of buying this the same day as Witcher 3.

Wife wanted to play Witcher 3.. and now I don't get to play Bloodborne.

Beat that fucker on the bridge.. but that's all so far. Feels like a more actiony Dark Souls.. digging it so far.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So it's my first time trying the Chikage Hunter in NG (since my Eileen died or glitched on my first character, I only faced him in NG++). I went there immediately after killing Rom*. Goddamn, he really is the true last boss, lol. Never got even close to beating him, my best attempt was about halfway.

He doesn't "expire", right? He'll stay there in the Grand Cathedral until the end of the game? I think I'll come back until I have something better than my +6 weapon. xD

It felt so good beating him without the cheese method.

You can beat him with a level +6 weapon! I did it with Saw Spear +6. He's pretty easy to parry and he has a set pattern (like, when he uses Old Hunter Bone and he teleports near you he always use his Repeating Pistol), so once you get that pattern down he's very, very manageable.

And yea, he doesn't expire.

Melchiah

It felt so good beating him without the cheese method.

You can beat him with a level +6 weapon! I did it with Saw Spear +6. He's pretty easy to parry and he has a set pattern (like, when he uses Old Hunter Bone and he teleports near you he always use his Repeating Pistol), so once you get that pattern down he's very, very manageable.

And yea, he doesn't expire.

Good to know. I might try to beat him on NG+ as well, because I cheesed him on the first time as I suspected it was like the Henryk battle, where you have to beat him ASAP after the fight starts or else the quest fails.

NEO0MJ

I still didn't beat him. I also got him to the halfway point but it's so easy to fuck up against him and die. You barely have time to heal as well.
Another thing causing me misery is Ebrietas. My weapon doesn't help much either as it's hard to get hits on the head.

Joei

So I've been playing this game for some time now, but I'm confused on something. In the OP, on the first image there is somthing under Defensive Stats that says "BEASTHOOD: Governs the Beast Form or Beast Mode of a player. The higher this attribute, the closer you are to beasthood when temporarily transformed." My question is this: wut?

Also, I've only beat like 4 bosses, but is the whole game this, well, uh, drab? It seems to have been designed using an 8-bit color palette. :/ I'm sure I'm not far, probably only about a third or so, but man, it seems really bland. I do like the overall design of the areas; aside from doing a few Chalices, I ventured off both paths prior to beating
Vicar
, and I made my way to the boss in
Hemwick
. I dunno, but I like it I guess.

NEO0MJ

So I've been playing this game for some time now, but I'm confused on something. In the OP, on the first image there is somthing under Defensive Stats that says "BEASTHOOD: Governs the Beast Form of Beast Mode of a player. The higher this attribute, the closer you are to beasthood when temporarily transformed." My question is this: wut?

It's a temporary power-up granted to you by either consuming a Beast Blood Pellet or equipping a unique weapon found later. Basically you do more damage to your opponents, but also receive more damage when hit. Equipment and insight can effect it.

ctfg23

Woo, level 80 and just took out Micolash. I think I might have screwed up though, as I don't remember looting him and apparently he drops a unique item a blood rock which I don't recall seeing glitter :/ My weapon is +8, should it be +9??

Also took me an age to find him the second time, didn't realise there was a little door on the very top floor! Pain in the ass! Home straight now, don't think I'll be going for the plat as it's too time consuming and I have put about an hour into the witcher so far......
Micolash doesn't drop the blood rock. The blood rock is located
somewhere else in Mensis

Top Bottom