• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Just finished my third playthrough, chose the "bad" ending, and got the platinum! So the question is: Now what? I don't think I'm ready to put the game down yet. I was thinking of maybe messing around with co-op or pvp (I suck at pvp though and don't really enjoy it, so probably not too much of that). Still have a few chalice dungeons I could check out I guess. Then there's always challenge runs. I finished Dark Souls at SL1 but don't know if I want to put myself through a BL4 run in Bloodborne. Anyone have suggestions?

B
lood starved beast
, C
leric beast
are optional. if you've been to the N
ightmare
F
rontier
, the boss there is optional. there's also c
ainhurst
C
astle

I've done BSB and CB, but Nightmare Frontier and Cainhurst no.. Are they both "pre Unseen Village"?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I've done BSB and CB, but Nightmare Frontier and Cainhurst no.. Are they both "pre Unseen Village"?

You can access them any time provided you have access to Forbidden Woods and for Cainhurst you have defeated Witches of Hemwick, but generally speaking it is before unseen Village the mandatory one, not the optional one (you can visit the village in two ways to get a unique before and after view of the place)

NEO0MJ

So, what are some good places to farm souls? I lost a lot of blood vials and bullets. Late game, so I think I can go anywhere.

I just discovered that people likes to suicide in front of the
motionless doll in the old workshop

*shrug*

The things people do
for their waifus.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So, what are some good places to farm souls? I lost a lot of blood vials and bullets. Late game, so I think I can go anywhere.

The things people do
for their waifus.

NG+? Anyways, this is true to NG but especially NG+

For low risk area, Lecture Hall's 1st floor is good. Bonus points that you can farm bullets too since the students very frequently drop bullets.
For somehow higher risk area but still very easy, nothing beats running around Mergo's last areas beating down the pigs and the Shadows of Yharnams.
For comparably high risk area, Chalice Dungeon's deeper floors is a good spot.

NEO0MJ

Still in NG. Will try Mergo, even though the enemies there are pretty strong. I don't feel that the students give enough blood, though you are right about the bullets.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Still in NG. Will try Mergo, even though the enemies there are pretty strong. I don't feel that the students give enough blood, though you are right about the bullets.

It's quite easy since the Samurai Yharnams are very easy to parry and the Candle/Magic Yharnams are not difficult to put down once their Samurai Bros are down.

And you can bait the pigs towards direction for them to fight each other, lol. You can easily score to the tune of 60.000 in one run in here, with Moon Runes of course.

If you main/can use Chikage, the process can be even faster since you can just kill yourself to respawn all the dudes and then head back to collect your Echoes and rekill all the dudes etc etc etc.

NEO0MJ

If you main/can use Chikage, the process can be even faster since you can just kill yourself to respawn all the dudes and then head back to collect your Echoes and rekill all the dudes etc etc etc.

I was going to go with it but decided to switch to arcane. Kinda regret that now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi6f_d_lSVc

I made this as a tribute for the Watchdog! Loved that boss! Inspired by Metal, Super Meat Boy replay and PeTA/Djura! Hope you like it! New Song too!!!

Here some Gif teaser :
IMG]http://media.giphy.com/media/xTiTnjbCKQdZzwiqEo/giphy.gifIMG] (Bad Quality)

IMG]http://media.giphy.com/media/xTiTnynovaqNRK9XfW/giphy.gifIMG]

Link for the song : http://soundcloud.com/corps-peau-ra...-defiled-watchdog-or-petas-revenge-feat-djura

Lol. I love how you tied the Watchdog with Djura.

I'm standing right in front of the door for this boss, with my beckoning bell ringing. After seeing these gifs, I dun wanna do it anymore.
It's a hard boss, but it's kind of one of those ones where you can be patient on and not one that requires extremely fast reflexes.

No, it's not a myth. He does appear: he sells the same stuff as the Bath Vendor but with over-inflated prices.
Those prices look similar to what bath messengers in Chalice dungeons will sell for. I am guessing having him "unlocked" allows a chance for a shop to appear in places they normally wouldn't through him.

Renekton

Hey in Ending
2 - Honoring Wishes
, what did
Moon Presence
do to you?

Was it some kind of "welcome to da club"?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Hey in Ending
2 - Honoring Wishes
, what did
Moon Presence
do to you?

Was it some kind of "welcome to da club"?

Making you a
replacement of Gharman, basically making you its surrogate.

Although
there is a rather disturbing implication that the real master of the dream is not the Moon Presence
, hohohoho.

Renekton

Making you a
replacement of Gharman, basically making you its surrogate.

Although
there is a rather disturbing implication that the real master of the dream is not the Moon Presence
, hohohoho.
What... there's more??

Anyways, that sequence seemed erotic somehow. I will never watch hentai again <.<

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
What... there's more??

Anyways, that sequence seemed erotic somehow. I will never watch hentai again <.<

You Hentai watchers said that all the time :p

I meant the implication
that the real master/Great One that ruled over the dream is actually the Doll.
It's there, and my definitive favorite interpretation because it's chilling to imagine.

You Hentai watchers said that all the time :p

I meant the implication
that the real master/Great One that ruled over the dream is actually the Doll.
It's there, and my definitive favorite interpretation because it's chilling to imagine.

Not a fan of this theory myself.
More evidence points to Moon Presence being the great one of the Hunter's Dream if you figure out how the umbilical cords work and realize that Nightmare Menesis is basically a nearly 1:1 parallel to the Hunter's Dream.

BLOOD-STARVED BEAST
IS OPTIONAL? Fuck!! Where am I suppose to go? I've wasted literally hours facing him! Today I came so fucking close, and at maybe 3 hits away from death, he pounced and and chowed me down! :(

Is there a good walkthrough video that cuts all the talking bullshit and does it right in the first try, showing every level and boss? Thanks in advance! :)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Not a fan of this theory myself.
More evidence points to Moon Presence being the great one of the Hunter's Dream if you figure out how the umbilical cords work and realize that Nightmare Menesis is basically a nearly 1:1 parallel to the Hunter's Dream.

I love it because of its subversive nature.
Moon Presence
is cool and all but it was just like, there.

It's just chilling to imagine that
the most powerful being in the story might be the one that you least expected to be.

BLOOD-STARVED BEAST
IS OPTIONAL? Fuck!! Where am I suppose to go?

Explore the Cathedral Ward. To progress the story you need to best the boss of Grand Cathedral. If you don't want to buy the Emblem to the Center Plaza, you can access the Grand Cathedral in a roundabout way through the Healing Church Workshop, which you can access now since you beat BSB.

Explore the Cathedral Ward. To progress the story you need to best the boss of Grand Cathedral. If you don't want to buy the Emblem to the Center Plaza, you can access the Grand Cathedral in a roundabout way through the Healing Church Workshop, which you can access now since you beat it.

Unfortunately I haven't beaten him yet. I'll beat him for sure though but I wanna progress so I may come back when I'm stronger. Thanks for the tip!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Unfortunately I haven't beaten him yet. I'll beat him for sure though but I wanna progress so I may come back when I'm stronger. Thanks for the tip!

To access the boss area without beating BSB you need to purchase that 10.000 key from the shop to open the large gate at the end of the winding stairs at the eastern part, beyond the graveyard with a Giant on it :)

Just... be careful about some important side stuff that can get cut off if you proceed too far (well only one that is immediately near).

I love it because of its subversive nature.
Moon Presence
is cool and all but it was just like, there.

It's just chilling to imagine that
the most powerful being in the story might be the one that you least expected to be.
The real twist is that there is no central most powerful being present in the story (other than maybe Elbrietas, which is treated as a side event)... at least not until you take out other Great Ones and become a Great One yourself. Moon Presence is less about its grandness and more about realizing that it is actually about the human figures that contacted it with the Umbilical Cord.

To access the boss area without beating BSB you need to purchase that 10.000 key from the shop to open the large gate at the end of the winding stairs at the eastern part, beyond the graveyard with a Giant on it :)

Just... be careful about some important side stuff that can get cut off if you proceed too far (well only one that is immediately near).

Oh shit. I had 15,000 and I spend it on blood vial. And I used then all fighting this bitch. Fuck.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The real twist is that there is no central most powerful being present in the story (other than maybe Elbrietas, which is treated as a side event)... at least not until you take out other Great Ones and become a Great One yourself. Moon Presence is less about its grandness and more about realizing that it is actually about the human figures that contacted it with the Umbilical Cord.

Makes the whole thing kind of mundane, isn't it, hahaha.

But it's a nice interpretation that I haven't considered yet.

Oh shit. I had 15,000 and I spend it on blood vial. And I used then all fighting this bitch. Fuck.

10.000 is not really a big deal to accrue even at that point of the game . The giants give around 700 for each kill and a run around cleaning stuff on the Old Yharnam area can give you a good 6000-7000-ish echoes alone, so it's not really that long to get what you need :)

And yes, try summoning Alfred on the summoning circle on the right side of the bridge that leads you towards the BSB area. He may disrupt your stun-visceral but for the most part to have a distraction during BSB fight is a major, major help (and don't forget to wear Black Church set!)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I'm down to 1 insight. This game is quite cruel to me.

If you're still having difficulties later on, I can help you with Coop. But only around 1-1.5 hours from now.

Oh and consume all those madman's knowledge, it's there for you to swallow :D

Add me in LaughingBanana if you want, and I'll help on whatever areas/bosses that you may find too hard/frustrating to deal with (and it's more fun doing them in coop, hahaha) whenever I am available.

NEO0MJ

Add me in LaughingBanana if you want, and I'll help on whatever areas/bosses that you may find too hard/frustrating to deal with (and it's more fun doing them in coop, hahaha) whenever I am available.

Can I summon you to areas where I already beat the boss? I want you to take care of that annoying hunter that's just taunting me right now ( ._.)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Can I summon you to areas where I already beat the boss? I want you to take care of that annoying hunter that's just taunting me right now ( ._.)

Huh..... now that I think about it, I am not sure o_O

We can always try though if you want. Which hunter by the way? Byrgenwerth? Or the Grand Cathedral?

There *are* certain sections that disallow Coop though/require certain conditions, and I am not sure Grand Cathedral's post Rom is allowed, hmmm.

NEO0MJ

Huh..... now that I think about it, I am not sure o_O

We can always try though if you want. Which hunter by the way? Byrgenwerth? Or the Grand Cathedral?

Already beat the one at Byrgenwerth. The one at the Grand Cathedral is the one causing me nightmares. After giving up yesterday I tried using the cheese method but it looks like they patched it out.

I'll be free to play in like 6 hours or so.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Already beat the one at Byrgenwerth. The one at the Grand Cathedral is the one causing me nightmares. After giving up yesterday I tried using the cheese method but it looks like they patched it out.

I am not really sure if Coop is allowed in that area post Byrgenwerth.

But we can always try if you want. I am kind of interested in finding out as well.

Edit: welp: at least this say that it isn't allowed: http://www.vg247.com/2015/03/23/bloodborne-guide-covenants-eileen-the-crow-hunter-of-hunters/

Uh, unless I'm out of the loop and this is sarcasm, he totally can show up as a vendor in Chalice Dungeons.

No, it's not a myth. He does appear: he sells the same stuff as the Bath Vendor but with over-inflated prices.

Oh shit, and here I was thinking I know almost everything about this game, lol.

I don't know what you're complaining about, that fight is so fair. Infinite bullets, insane gun damage, healing, Chikage, etc. :p

NEO0MJ

Lame. Oh well, back to the slaughtering grounds ;_;

I don't know what you're complaining about, that fight is so fair. Infinite bullets, insane gun damage, healing, Chikage, etc. :p

And he throws numbing mist. There was another time where I was close but he threw it at me and in my panic died.

NEO0MJ

It is one of the more stupid fights in the game, but I always kinda enjoyed it.

Oh it was fun. I was parrying and dodging like crazy, totally in the zone. Never had to play so focused in the game before. But losing out because of healing shenanigans frustrated me. And i want the Blade of Mercy so bad right now.

Ouch hahaha. Next time just chuck some poison knives at him and you can also get a free visceral at the beginning by dropping from Viola's body

I didn't even know what was going on when I stumbled across the fight. I thought I got invaded randomly or something. It was only until the end I realized it was Eileen fighting some dude and I started helping. He had a sliver of health left when he killed her, and then he killed me and when I came back he had full health and just destroyed me immediately.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I didn't even know what was going on when I stumbled across the fight. I thought I got invaded randomly or something. It was only until the end I realized it was Eileen fighting some dude and I started helping. He had a sliver of health left when he killed her, and then he killed me and when I came back he had full health and just destroyed me immediately.

You get 12 poison knives for free at the area towards Arianna's--the whore--location. Visceral him at the beginning and then just chuck those knives at him and watch his health rapidly dwindle like crazy. Just run around the area away from him while the poison takes effect.

You get 12 poison knives for free at the area towards Arianna's--the whore--location. Visceral him at the beginning and then just chuck those knives at him and watch his health rapidly dwindle like crazy. Just run around the area away from him while the poison takes effect.

Thanks, I'll try and remember for NG+ &#128514;

E the Shaggy

Fucking
Gehrman
is pushing my shit in. Any tips on beating him? I came so close in my dozen attempts at one point. The most annoying part is when he shrugs off getting shot at random times.

rajanp22

Fucking
Gehrman
is pushing my shit in. Any tips on beating him? I came so close in my dozen attempts at one point. The most annoying part is when he shrugs off getting shot at random times.
My strat was to wait until he got out his dual blades and go for parries/multiple hits as I found him impossible to hit/parry with his Burial Blade.

Had to summon someone to beat Vicar Amelia today. I feel kinda dirty, but I felt like I wasn't gonna be her for a long time. Oh well, I solo'd all the other bosses thus far and hopefully will solo the rest :/

Forbidden forest is awesome so far. So many paths!

Top Bottom