• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Rush_Khan

**MAJOR SPOILERS FOR THE END OF THE GAME FOLLOW**

So I know you need to use three Third Umbilical Cords but will it still work if you use 4?

At least you asked rather than just murdering her!

Man... I'm so glad I never asked "How do you get to Cainhurst Castle?" in here. The answer is so freaky cool.

No, She will be always hostile until you kill
Rom
, she disappears from the game after that .

So yeah, you have to kill her or new game

Nope. Once an NPC is aggro'd, they never change back. No absolving sins to reset NPC status like in Dark Souls, either.
Thanks guys. That sucks, is there some way to differentiate between enemies and NPCs? I saw her turned around and immidately attacked.

Thanks guys. That sucks, is there some way to differentiate between enemies and NPCs? I saw her turned around and immidately attacked.

Try locking on if you're not sure. If locking on to something works, it is definitely an enemy. If the lock on doesn't work, it probably isn't an enemy.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I've levelled my axe to +3 and I have lots of those mats left, am I safe to just level and test other weapons now as it seems you need a new material to reach +4.

Update: Beat the cleric beast. I upgraded my vitality, strength and endurance. I also repaired my saw cleaver since I got a message that my weapon was at risk. Should I also fortify the saw cleaver?

Edit:
New Update. Beat Father Gascoigne. I bought the Saw Spear after beating the Cleric Beast. Seems like a good weapon, but I may just stick with the Saw Cleaver. The Saw Spear does have a good lunge attack though. Any thoughts?

myco666

I've levelled my axe to +3 and I have lots of those mats left, am I safe to just level and test other weapons now as it seems you need a new material to reach +4.

You can get all weapons up to +6 since Twin Bloodshards become rather common and cheap at certain point of the game. Above that though you have to start doing decisions since Chunks are rare and expensive. But yeah you can upgrade any weapon you want now and don't have to worry about it really.

Grexeno

Just beat Ebrietas on my third attempt. Fantastic run. She immediately did the headslam, then followed it up with another headslam, so I was able to take off 3/4ths of her health on the fully charged R2's and visceral I got from those. In arcane mode I was able to completely dodge her charge the two times she did it, and one last headslam from her was the chance I needed to put her down for the count. In fact, I think the only damage I took in the fight was from her aura.

patchday

So I just started the game and I think I attacked Eileen The Crow. Now every time I go near her she starts attacking me. Is there no way to just talk to her now?

poor dude you gotta wait til NG+ now. I never did see her on my first playthrough. Should look for her in my NG+

Guys I just can't get over how good this game is ;__; makes me even more pissed my PS3 died shortly after reaching Anor Londo in Dark Souls. Never got to fight Ornstein and Smough. Gotta say, I like Bloodborne even better than my time with Dark Souls though.

Update: Beat the cleric beast. I upgraded my vitality, strength and endurance. I also repaired my saw cleaver since I got a message that my weapon was at risk. Should I also fortify the saw cleaver?

Edit:
New Update. Beat Father Gascoigne. I bought the Saw Spear after beating the Cleric Beast. Seems like a good weapon, but I may just stick with the Saw Cleaver. The Saw Spear does have a good lunge attack though. Any thoughts?
You can actually find the saw spear without buying it. Saw Spear scales with skill so depending on what kind of build you're looking for it'll make more sense to use either the spear or the cleaver. Granted after a certain point I just dropped that weapon, but it really depends on play style.
Guys I just can't get over how good this game is ;__; makes me even more pissed my PS3 died shortly after reaching Anor Londo in Dark Souls. Never got to fight Ornstein and Smough. Gotta say, I like Bloodborne even better than my time with Dark Souls though.
Bloodborne really is legit, its quicker play style clicked with me a lot better than the combat in Dark Souls, both are great games, but Bloodborne plays better to my cautious yet aggressive mind set better. I'm playing NG+ and it's nice seeing that the game isn't kicking my ass too hard, beat Blood Starved Beast this morning. He's still a challenging fight, but it's still oddly fun. It killed me the first time because it just happens to be that type of fight for me I guess, but I beat it the second time after getting better with the parry time.

playXray

I am absolutely getting belted by Amygdala in the Defiled dungeon, just cannot get her past 1/3 health. Can anyone help me? I'm using the GAF password and set to worldwide, in the fextralife chalice.

I am absolutely getting belted by Amygdala in the Defiled dungeon, just cannot get her past 1/3 health. Can anyone help me? I'm using the GAF password and set to worldwide, in the fextralife chalice.

I know your pain! This happened to me just last night:
ckdq2uM.jpg

I got too confident at the end - womp womp.

myco666

I share your feelings. This game is just super good and I haven't really played anything else after it released. Now that I have went with 4 specialized builds (Arcane, Strength, Bloodtinge, Skill) I have managed to start playing other games haha. Need to still finish Arcane build though.

Oppo

guys I'm can't get the Weapons trophy to pop. is there a trick?

I've collected everything but the Chikage with my 2nd run through. first character had most weapons including the Chikage. do you have to collect every weapon with a single char?

myco666

I've collected everything but the Chikage with my 2nd run through. first character had most weapons including the Chikage. do you have to collect every weapon with a single char?

Yes. All weapons for one character.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
You can get all weapons up to +6 since Twin Bloodshards become rather common and cheap at certain point of the game. Above that though you have to start doing decisions since Chunks are rare and expensive. But yeah you can upgrade any weapon you want now and don't have to worry about it really.

Yeah I was more thinking if the normal shards are used for anything later, otherwise I have like 30 to burn just sitting there. I wouldn't mind trying the other starting weapons, the cane looks fun as it's so fast but it's a skill weapon and I'm building strength so I better not.

NEO0MJ

Watching my lil' fourth grade bro who barely touched the game defeat
Gehrman
on his first try was pretty funny. That boss needed some work to make him more threatening.

IMO Alfred is best too but he is super crazy though.

The best kind of crazy.

myco666

Yeah I was more thinking if the normal shards are used for anything later, otherwise I have like 30 to burn just sitting there. I wouldn't mind trying the other starting weapons, the cane looks fun as it's so fast but it's a skill weapon and I'm building strength so I better not.

No other uses than upgrading weapons and you get abudance of the normal shards so upgrade anything you feel like trying with them.

Wha~? Alfred's the best. He's really nice and provides good stuff for you early in the game. Plus the gear you get from his quest is awesome.
You're just saying that because
you don't want him to grind you into pink paste while he's laughing like Skeletor.

myco666

The best kind of crazy.

Definetily. "Master look! I've done it, I've done it!".

Have to say that Arcane build is probably worst build in the game since you have do so much work to get it going. Other builds get good weapons rather easily and you get good physical games throughout the game but it seems that there are almost no good Arcane gems at all in the game. Well atleast A Call Beyond does good damage if it hits properly.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Down! Heart was racing, palms were dripping and I nearly died but the fucker is down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysarhl60nyQ

Excuse the 480p, it's from my Twitch stream! 720p lags apparently. This game makes you want to kill yourself but killing a boss feels so good.

You missed like the most memorable boss battle in the dark souls series.

She's better than fucking crazy ass Alfred.

Alfred strangely is one of the good peple you could rely in BB, his
overzealous
persona at the point of become a
martir
was a amazing twist in the end. Solaire must be proud of him

You have to buy all the weapons even the starter weapons, I forgot to buy the starter hunter rifle in my case

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats mate. Fire paper is your friend against him too though. He can be parried as well, just a bit of a pain to get the timing right though.

I actually used Fire Paper on my first try and wiped on about 20%. I'm not sure where I got it or where I can get more.

After Blood-Starved Beast spoilers:

Is it just me or did the game just get way harder? Mobs have gained new abilities and I ran into a massive mob with a sack of body parts on their back which nearly one shot me, once it killed me I woke in a prison with more of them, then I accidentally fell into a boss room and got two shot lol. Luckily I found the lamp out and opened some shortcuts so I can get back to where I was really fast. Also, I now have access to the Holy sword, is it worth getting at 20k for a strength build? Oh and I just found a set of Church gear which looks awesome but there wasn't any gloves, did I miss them or aren't there any gloves to that set?

I actually used Fire Paper on my first try and wiped on about 20%. I'm not sure where I got it or where I can get more.

After Blood-Starved Beast spoilers:

Is it just me or did the game just get way harder? Mobs have gained new abilities and I ran into a massive mob with a sack of body parts on their back which nearly one shot me, once it killed me I woke in a prison with more of them, then I accidentally fell into a boss room and got two shot lol. Luckily I found the lamp out and opened some shortcuts so I can get back to where I was really fast. Also, I now have access to the Holy sword, is it worth getting at 20k for a strength build? Oh and I just found a set of Church gear which looks awesome but there wasn't any gloves, did I miss them or aren't there any gloves to that set?

The world changes every moon phase, after killing BSB you started the night and new mobs appeared.

The Holy sword is pretty good, its the side arm of my main char

The church set (black) have everything when you get it.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
The world changes every moon phase, after killing BSB you started the night and new mobs appeared.

The Holy sword is pretty good, its the side arm of my main char

The church set (black) have everything when you get it.

Why didn't I get any gloves then? I got the other 3 items :/

EDIT: They're called Surgical gloves not Church like everything else and I do have them.

Dude, I hear you. I'm thinking about going through Dark Souls 1 and 2 after I finish with Bloodborne.

Did anyone else struggle with BSB? Lvl 20 right now and have an attack rating of 114 I think but damn this thing is wrecking me. God damn poison and keeps running away. I hate playing the hit once and repeat game -__-

NEO0MJ

He's a good bloke
till he loses his damn mind. KYAHAHAAAAA!!!

To be fair
everyone loses their mind in the end, except for that than that beggar at Odeon Chapel. He has an indomitable will. Even Eileen loses her mind if she doesn't die.

Did anyone else struggle with BSB? Lvl 20 right now and have an attack rating of 114 I think but damn this thing is wrecking me. God damn poison and keeps running away. I hate playing the hit once and repeat game -__-

Summon Alfred. He's your salvation.

To be fair
everyone loses their mind in the end, except for that than that beggar at Odeon Chapel. He has an indomitable will. Even Eileen loses her mind if she doesn't die.

MASSIVE SPOILERS:
Elieen dies before she can lose her mind, Djura never loses his mind, the skeptical man (the one that goes to the opposite of where you send him) doesn't really lose his mind in the traditional Souls sense though he has a few screws loose to begin with. Patches remains sane as he does every game.

NEO0MJ

MASSIVE SPOILERS:
Elieen dies before she can lose her mind, Djura never loses his mind, the skeptical man (the one that goes to the opposite of where you send him) doesn't really lose his mind in the traditional Souls sense though he has a few screws loose to begin with. Patches remains sane as he does every game.

With Eileen I meant that she loses her mind if she doesn't fight the Vileblood. And I didn't mention the skeptical man because like you said he was already screwy to begin with. Forgot about Djura and Patches, though patches isn't even human. Maybe he was, though?

myco666

MASSIVE SPOILERS:

Well Eileen loses her mind if you don't help her at Henryk. Djura being sane is weird case but it probably has to do something about time being distorted in Old Yharnam (or something similiar considering blood moon doesn't affect that place).

To be fair
Where the hell do you even find that dude?
MASSIVE SPOILERS:
Patches
worships a multilimbed space god thing, I love how he's one of the more sane people by the end of the game.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Really not enjoying the game ATM, after Blood-Starved it has gone from really hard but doable to impossible, every mob type is too strong for me, it feels like I'm woefully under levelled or something. The mobs who do frenzy damage literally one hit me with the tick so I have to spam vials, which I'm out of, I can't farm echoes because I die so I'm not sure what I should be doing at this point.

Is there where my noob ass has to get out off the Bloodborne train, or am I really missing something?

He's a good bloke
till he loses his damn mind. KYAHAHAAAAA!!!

I dont think he loses his mind but completed his mission and wanted to become like his idol, in religious way.

Well Eileen loses her mind if you don't help her at Henryk. Djura being sane is weird case but it probably has to do something about time being distorted in Old Yharnam (or something similiar considering blood moon doesn't affect that place).

Djura
stopped killing beasts after the Old Yharman incident so the bloodlust would stopped affecting him, maybe.

Really not enjoying the game ATM, after Blood-Starved it has gone from really hard but doable to impossible, every mob type is too strong for me, it feels like I'm woefully under levelled or something. The mobs who do frenzy damage literally one hit me with the tick so I have to spam vials, which I'm out of, I can't farm echoes because I die so I'm not sure what I should be doing at this point.

Is there where my noob ass has to get out off the Bloodborne train, or am I really missing something?

You need to invest in Vitality to survive, mobs gets stronger in later areas like a RPG game and check you gear to get some resistance against their elemental damage

myco666

What is your level and insight at? Also don't wear church attire since those have bad Frenzy resist. I would recommend you to go to Hemwick. It is to the left from those Frenzy stick people.

edit.
Djura
stopped killing beast after the Old Yharman incident so the bloodlust would stopped affecting him, maybe.

Highly likely. But I think there is some meaning in Old Yharnam not being affected by stuff that happens almost everywhere else.

Did anyone else have a hard time in the
Forbidden Woods
? I'm finding it really difficult those
Las Plagas
dudes, I can't seem to ever read their attacks. Sames goes for the giant
ball of snakes
. Combine that with getting lost and it really sucks.

I've opened the shortcut beside the lantern that takes me down a lift straight into the thick of it, but from that point on I'm just aimlessly wandering and getting killed.

Top Bottom