• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

To be fair
everyone loses their mind in the end, except for that than that beggar at Odeon Chapel. He has an indomitable will. Even Eileen loses her mind if she doesn't die.

Summon Alfred. He's your salvation.

Where is his summon?

I gave up for now and went to Cathedral Ward. Came across Amelia now, and have opened the gates.

Just before there are two ways you can go :

1) leads to a beautiful woodland area
2) leads to some masochistic 2 vs 1 hunter deathmatch.

Should I fight the hunters?

myco666

Where is his summon?

I gave up for now and went to Cathedral Ward. Came across Amelia now, and have opened the gates.

Just before there are two ways you can go :

1) leads to a beautiful woodland area
2) leads to some masochistic 2 vs 1 hunter deathmatch.

Should I fight the hunters?

Summon is at the bottom of the stairs leading to the boss area. Right side of the stairs.

I would recommend to go check the option 1) before fighting Amelia and you can leave the hunters for now if you don't feel like fighting them. You get few upgrade materials past them though. Also you should try to only aggro one of them at a time. Makes it much easier.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
IYou need to invest in Vitality to survive, mobs gets stronger in later areas like a RPG game and check you gear to get some resistance against their elemental damage

My vitality is currently 23, and I understand the game is supposed to get harder as it goes on but the jump has been insane, it's literally unplayable for me after Blood-Starved, I feel like I can't do anything.

What is your level and insight at? Also don't wear church attire since those have bad Frenzy resist. I would recommend you to go to Hemwick. It is to the left from those Frenzy stick people.

23 vit, 15 endurance & 23 strength. My insight is 19. I've seen a couple of bosses by accident that destroyed me.

myco666

My vitality is currently 23, and I understand the game is supposed to get harder as it goes on but the jump has been insane, it's literally unplayable for me after Blood-Starved, I feel like I can't do anything.

23 vit, 15 endurance & 23 strength. My insight is 19. I've seen a couple of bosses by accident that destroyed me.

If you drop your insight below 15 the enemy movesets should get easier. Your levels seem to be decent for that area. The area boss might be hard though atm. What weapon are you using? Also highly recommend you to go to Hemwick. It is much more manageable (getting there might need few tries as the path has some BS) area and you get bunch of Twin Blood Shards so that you can get your weapon to +6.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
If you drop your insight below 15 the enemy movesets should get easier. Your levels seem to be decent for that area. The area boss might be hard though atm. What weapon are you using? Also highly recommend you to go to Hemwick. It is much more manageable (getting there might need few tries as the path has some BS) area and you get bunch of Twin Blood Shards so that you can get your weapon to +6.

I'm using the Hunter axe at level 3, but I just bought the Holy sword which I can't use as I need 2 more skill apparently, that setback was enough for me to turn off the game for today lol. I dunno, it feels like I'm doing something wrong or I'm in a much higher level area as the difficulty went from 5 - 10 in a blink of an eye and it's just not fun any more. I'm going to watch some walkthrough videos and see how they manage.

myco666

I'm using the Hunter axe at level 3, but I just bought the Holy sword which I can't use as I need 2 more skill apparently, that setback was enough for me to turn off the game for today lol. I dunno, it feels like I'm doing something wrong or I'm in a much higher level area as the difficulty went from 5 - 10 in a blink of an eye and it's just not fun any more. I'm going to watch some walkthrough videos and see how they manage.

Axe 2H spin is super good move and I advice you to learn use it properly. Makes lot of encounters much easier as you can just throw everyone around. Cathedral Ward is the next area after Old Yharnam so it should be higher level area. Hopefully you manage to keep going since the game gets better all the time.

edit. Also buy small resonant bell and help people either at CW to get to know the area better or at BSB to get more echoes so that you can buy more vials.

Doomsayer

After the BSB the game gets a lot harder for sure. Something to do that is relatively easy and gets you vials/echos fast is to clear out Central Yharnam. At this point you should have no problem clearing it out. It will give you anywhere from 13-20 vials per run and a lot of echos.

Get the twin stone shards and raise a weapon to +5 or +6.

How good are you with parrying? At this point in the game it becomes and even more necessary skill. I don't recommend to watch any walkthroughs. Don't spoil anything! You will have an amazing feeling of satisfaction when you progress.

Did anyone else have a hard time in the
Forbidden Woods
? I'm finding it really difficult those
Las Plagas
dudes, I can't seem to ever read their attacks. Sames goes for the giant
ball of snakes
. Combine that with getting lost and it really sucks.

I've opened the shortcut beside the lantern that takes me down a lift straight into the thick of it, but from that point on I'm just aimlessly wandering and getting killed.

Try to always stun them to avoid the snakes hatch our their boddies, about the big snakes you need to do ranged attacks or simply stunt them to death with heavy attacks and have some poison and physical damage gear

A little low for that part of the game, try to raise it to 30 at least, you are supposed to go to the forbidden woods to level up or go to the henwick forest area

Summon is at the bottom of the stairs leading to the boss area. Right side of the stairs.

I would recommend to go check the option 1) before fighting Amelia and you can leave the hunters for now if you don't feel like fighting them. You get few upgrade materials past them though. Also you should try to only aggro one of them at a time. Makes it much easier.

I did ring the bell at the bottom right but nothing happened after I waited like 20 secs.....

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
A little low for that part of the game, try to raise it to 30 at least, you are supposed to go to the forbidden woods to level up or go to the henwick forest area

I don't know where either of those areas are but I'm glad I am just in the wrong area, it means I can continue to play tomorrow.

Do weapons go down in damage with degradation or only when they hit 0? Also how exactly do weapons go down in durability?

Also is there an insight cap or is it unlimited?

nightmare of mensis is awful, frenzy is awful, i'm awful

Do weapons go down in damage with degradation or only when they hit 0? Also how exactly do weapons go down in durability?

Also is there an insight cap or is it unlimited?

nightmare of mensis is awful, frenzy is awful, i'm awful

Weapon durabitlity decreases when you hit enemies, when it marks you the weapons in in danger to be broken its damage is already decreased.

Woo! Finally beat this effing game. Kind of thought about playing NG+, but nah - too many good games I need to play. Great game though - thanks From and Sony!

I was surprised to see the big fire dog as a non boss enemy in one of the chalice dungeons. It was actually a bit harder than normal since this version's legs didn't seem to be weakpoints, so it never staggered.

bon

I got this for free with my PS4 this week. Spent a few hours playing tonight and I'm starting to get into it, definitely feeling this game more than Dark Souls.

One question though: Am I supposed to not really know what is happening in the story? I'm beginning to wonder if I glazed over some important plot stuff without realizing it.

NEO0MJ

One question though: Am I supposed to not really know what is happening in the story? I'm beginning to wonder if I glazed over some important plot stuff without realizing it.

The story in this game is meant to be confusing, even more so than Dark Souls. Just read item descriptions and try to piece together what you can.

I don't know where either of those areas are but I'm glad I am just in the wrong area, it means I can continue to play tomorrow.

Have you consider grinding for a while?

Remember that prison you woke up after one of the snatchers killed you? Well, After beating BSB, I spent one week grinding in the Hypogean Gaol. The area might seem intimidating at first but trust me, its one of the best areas early in the game where you can get your blood echoes really high (besides the chalice dungeons). You could also get some Twin blood shards in that area to level up your axe. Heck, I even beat Paarl before finishing Cathedral Ward and venturing to the forbidden woods.

One thing though, try not to over-level lol.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Have you consider grinding for a while?

Remember that prison you woke up after one of the snatchers killed you? Well, After beating BSB, I spent one week grinding in the Hypogean Gaol. The area might seem intimidating at first but trust me, its one of the best areas early in the game where you can get your blood echoes really high (besides the chalice dungeons). You could also get some Twin blood shards in that area to level up your axe. Heck, I even beat Paarl before finishing Cathedral Ward and venturing to the forbidden woods.

One thing though, try not to over-level lol.

I usually do a lap of Old Yarnham, the route you'd clear to Blood-Starved as it's safe, quick and about 13k echoes. I haven't found anywhere after that I can comfortably do. And what happens if you over level?

I usually do a lap of Old Yarnham, the route you'd clear to Blood-Starved as it's safe, quick and about 13k echoes. I haven't found anywhere after that I can comfortably do. And what happens if you over level?

Nothing wrong with over leveling. Its just that looking back, my character was probably too powerful for some areas. I later found myself enjoying the tougher areas and the harder chalice dungeons because of the challenge they offered.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing wrong with over leveling. Its just that looking back, my character was probably too powerful for some areas. I later found myself enjoying the tougher areas and the harder chalice dungeons because of the challenge they offered.

Ah, well I'm pretty terrible so I doubt over leveling will make anything too easy for me.

It's a new day, and I'm doing much better. I just cleared all the mobs that were giving me trouble yesterday, apart from the Frenzy guys who I didn't bother with. I managed to farm all of that Central Yarnham area and my old favorite Old Yarnham which netted me 30k echoes so I could get the two points in Skill I needed for my Holy Sword. I also snagged another point in Vitality and upgraded my sword to +3 to match my axe, I'll upgrade whichever I prefer to +4 (I have the mats).

I'd say the biggest difference from yesterday is I'm using the 2H axe, more specifically R2 attack which makes things about 100x easier as I can just out range everything. I was definitely woefully underusing it before.

Oh and I also discovered the stash today, and more importantly it automatically puts your surplus into it so I just found out I have about 10 poison blades, a few molotov's, 100 bullets and 20 antidotes in there, oops!

Soulhouf

Really not enjoying the game ATM, after Blood-Starved it has gone from really hard but doable to impossible, every mob type is too strong for me, it feels like I'm woefully under levelled or something. The mobs who do frenzy damage literally one hit me with the tick so I have to spam vials, which I'm out of, I can't farm echoes because I die so I'm not sure what I should be doing at this point.

Is there where my noob ass has to get out off the Bloodborne train, or am I really missing something?

Which weapon are you using? Did you upgrade it to +3?

I recommend going with Saw Cleaver for Old Yharnam. Saw Cleaver+3 makes that place a joke.
Over all Saw Cleaver is a good weapon for the entire game with a versatile and fantastic moveset and that +20% damage that does to some of the hardest enemies/bosses in the game makes it a must have.

Edit: as for BSB, here is one of my early battles against him. I only got poisoned at the very end.
People are more comfortable fighting lock-on so that video gives you an idea how it's done even if it wasn't perfect. Now I always fight it lock off and it goes a lot faster.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Which weapon are you using? Did you upgrade it to +3?

I recommend going with Saw Cleaver for Old Yharnam. Saw Cleaver+3 makes that place a joke.
Over all Saw Cleaver is a good weapon for the entire game with a versatile and fantastic moveset and that +20% damage that does to some of the hardest enemies/bosses in the game makes it a must have.

I'm now using the Holy Blade at +5. Today has been a good day, I have gained +2 Skill, +2 Vitality, gone from Hunter Axe +3 to Holy Blade +5 and I've improved my Blood gems. Plus I'm working my way towards the Witch I think, this area feels right for me at this level. I'm happy to report I'm enjoying the game again. I EVEN KILLED THOSE TWO FRENZY FUCKS! (I may or may not have used about 6 health pots on them but w/e).

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
After yesterday I was so close to saying fuck it and quitting but today has been amazing, I have gotten so much done and enemies that were destroying me yesterday are now rubbing my nipples and calling me daddy. I'm so glad I came back today with a clear head.

Witch down first try: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6H_yPXcrtM

Amelia down first try (unless you count the time I accidentally triggered here on 20% HP with no pots!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMBsv6xqzwY

Rush_Khan

Ok seriously, how do you even dodge
Ebrietas's
attacks? No matter where I stand I get hit by the arms.

Edit: I'm referring to the chalice dungeon version.

dralla

Try to always stun them to avoid the snakes hatch our their boddies, about the big snakes you need to do ranged attacks or simply stunt them to death with heavy attacks and have some poison and physical damage gear

30? For vitality, that early? Maybe I play it differently than most but I'm level 85 now and I keep my vitality in the teens, I just pushed it over into the low twenties the past few levels. I feel like it's a very offensive game and I don't plan on getting hit, so I pump my points into higher attack.

PS. I finally killed
Daughter of the Cosmos.
That is one seriously difficult fight.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
30? For vitality, that early? Maybe I play it differently than most but I'm level 85 now and I keep my vitality in the teens, I just pushed it over into the low twenties the past few levels. I feel like it's a very offensive game and I don't plan on getting hit, so I pump my points into higher attack.

PS. I finally killed
Daughter of the Cosmos.

You're probably better at the game than me though.

dralla

You're probably better at the game than me though.

If enemies are dead, they can't damage you. That's my way of thinking. I also use the pebbles a lot. I've never used them in the previous game, but since there's not much of a ranged play style in this, they've been invaluable in isolating enemies.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
If enemies are dead, they can't damage you. That's my way of thinking. I also use the pebbles a lot. I've never used them in the previous game, but since there's not much of a ranged play style in this, they've been invaluable in isolating enemies.

I don't use them much, but if there's a clear opportunity to pull some stranglers away from the pack I will. For me I'm still learning timing, as this is my first souls game I'm doing everything a lot slower. I only just found out there's an insight vendor lol. But I'm plodding along, hopefully I'll get to finish it at some point.

Rocket786

I can't for the life of me beat
Martyr Logarius
. I've been stuck for 3 days and I can't even get anyone to respond to the beckoning bell. I desperately need help beating this thing. Anyone interested in helping me tackle this beast?

I can't for the life of me beat
Martyr Logarius
. I've been stuck for 3 days and I can't even get anyone to respond to the beckoning bell. I desperately need help beating this thing. Anyone interested in helping me tackle this beast?

Sure I can help you out. PSN is iRAWRasaurus. Set up 123GAF as the password. I can meet you by the lamp post. Kinda rusty but should be able to help you out :)

edit: doesnt seem like youre around. welp another time perhaps.

Rocket786

Sure I can help you out. PSN is iRAWRasaurus. Set up 123GAF as the password. I can meet you by the lamp post. Kinda rusty but should be able to help you out :)

edit: doesnt seem like youre around. welp another time perhaps.

Oops, didn't realize you offered to help. Still around?

I've gotten the kirkhammer and the holy blade, but I still prefer the move sets of the starting axe. I think I'll just stick with the axe for the rest of the game.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I've gotten the kirkhammer and the holy blade, but I still prefer the move sets of the starting axe. I think I'll just stick with the axe for the rest of the game.

I swapped from Axe to Holy Sword today and it feels so great to me, I now have it +6 and I just wreck fools. I love the super fast variant as well, although I'm in the 2H mode 90% of the time.

Rush_Khan

PS. I finally killed
Daughter of the Cosmos.

What level were you? I've been stuck on this fight for ages (NG+, chalice dungeon). How do you dodge the charge attack? Which defense stats should I increase?

Top Bottom