• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Rocket786

Whoops! My bad :p didn't expect that blast to kill me haha. Anyways I am at the lamp post still ringing my bell if you don't get him.

Please tell me that
Martyr Lagarius
is one of the hardest fights in the game. I don't know if I can do much more of getting my ass handed to me for days.

I already have dragon age, Witcher 3, and Batman lined up to play, but this game is wrecking me and making me want to continue playing it. One of those painful wounds that for some reason feels good.

Sigh... I must beat this boss...

What level were you? I've been stuck on this fight for ages (NG+, chalice dungeon). How do you dodge the charge attack? Which defense stats should I increase?

If you get very close to her, you can avoid the charge attack.

I can help you with it, if you want. Although not sure how to co-op in chalice dunegons, I guess I need to have the same dungeon as you?

Please tell me that
Martyr Lagarius
is one of the hardest fights in the game. I don't know if I can do much more of getting my ass handed to me for days.

I already have dragon age, Witcher 3, and Batman lined up to play, but this game is wrecking me and making me want to continue playing it. One of those painful wounds that for some reason feels good.

It can be..., if you don't parry him.

Beating him without parry was one of the most challenging fights for me in the game.

Please tell me that
Martyr Lagarius

Just stay in close for his first phase because you stagger him really easily and dodge forward+left to avoid his AoE giant skull blast. Second phase just stay on your toes and dodge A LOT waiting for your opening AKA when he rises up and dashes through the air at you. He opens up for a couple hits then. Don't forget to destroy the sword he sticks in thr ground or you'll keep getting hit by those flying swords. Oh, and use fire paper, it helps do a good bit of extra damage.

Don't worry he seemed impossibly hard for me at first too, but once you master his moveset he's more managable. Don't give up and dont be afraid to progress some other area and level up before fighting him again!

Ah man that's bad! It's those OHKs that do it. Still, I got some help and managed to do it this morning :)

Did you manage to get her in the end?

I finally killed her last night, then was able to make my way through and finally get the Platinum for this game (my first ever, even). I'm relieved - I was so irritated with the Defiled Chalice that I removed it as soon as I killed her, haha!

dralla

I think I'm nearing the end. I'm looking through my inventory to make sure I did everything and noticed I have the
Tonsil Stone and the unaddressed Cainhurst invitation.
I don't remember doing anything with these. Are these critical path items that moved the story forward without me knowing or do I actually have to use them somehow? With the
Tonsil Stone
, I followed the directions in the description and found no place to use/activate it, so I'm thinking it was a story item?

Please tell me that
Martyr Lagarius

That dude crushes your soul the first few times you fight him. He's not as difficult as he initially appears, but he's definitely not easy. The trick for me was to get in his face to prevent him from using magic. There's a boss that is much, much harder. You might be coming up to it soon, depending on where you go next.

Zia

Any tips for
Amygdala
? I skipped her my first time through and I'm having a really tough time in NG+ for what seems like an easy boss. And yeah,
I'm beating on her hands.

Any tips for
Amygdala
? I skipped her my first time through and I'm having a really tough time in NG+ for what seems like an easy boss. And yeah,

Once you get to her third phase stay under her and attack her legs/crotch/tail. When she jumps don't move, she doesn't land on you in this phase. Piece o cake!

I think I'm nearing the end. I'm looking through my inventory to make sure I did everything and noticed I have the
Tonsil Stone and the unaddressed Cainhurst invitation.
I don't remember doing anything with these. Are these critical path items that moved the story forward without me knowing or do I actually have to use them somehow? With the
Tonsil Stone
, I followed the directions in the description and found no place to use/activate it, so I'm thinking it was a story item?

They are not items part of the main story, but they are both used for something. The stone is one of two ways to get to an optional area. It's possible you may have already been there. It is called
Nightmare Frontier
. You can give the invitation to someone. If you want to know who, give it to
Alfred

Finished, thought I did everything but turns out I completely missed out on the Upper Cathedral and everything after that

welp, how much content did I miss?

also for the record I have no idea what was going on with the story

myco666

Finished, thought I did everything but turns out I completely missed out on the Upper Cathedral and everything after that

Two bosses. One easy and one that is considered the hardest one of the main game. Also you missed one badge and best gesture of the game.

Two bosses. One easy and one that is considered the hardest one of the main game. Also you missed one badge and best gesture of the game.
:/

great

when I defeat the final boss in NG+ will it rest again or can I stay in the world?

also is that where the third umbilical cord was?

burial blade can't be buffed? :/

NEO0MJ

:/

great

when I defeat the final boss in NG+ will it rest again or can I stay in the world?

also is that where the third umbilical cord was?

Game doesn't allow you to explore after beating the final boss, a shame. As for the cords...

One is in the old workshop
One from defeating Mergo's Wet Nurse
One from killing Iosefka but only after defeating Rom. Killing her before that won't give it to you.
One from Killing Adriana's demon baby, the survivor wearing a red dress, if she survives until you defeat Micolash. Best way to ensure that she does is killing the nun you save from the unseen village.

And burial blade can't be buffed but it gets a boost in damage depending on how high your arcane stat is.

Game doesn't allow you to explore after beating the final boss, a shame. As for the cords...

One is in the old workshop
One from defeating Mergo's Wet Nurse
One from killing Iosefka but only after defeating Rom. Killing her before that won't give it to you.
One from Killing Adriana's demon baby, the survivor wearing a red dress, if she survives until you defeat Micolash. Best way to ensure that she does is killing the nun you save from the unseen village.
that last point is pure gibberish, don't remember
Adrianna, a demon baby, or a nun I saved from the unseen village. lol

NEO0MJ

that last point is pure gibberish, don't remember
Adrianna, a demon baby, or a nun I saved from the unseen village. lol

Adriana is a survivor that can be found in cathedral ward. If you remember the graveyard with two giants there was a path near the Church member wielding a flamethrower that took you to a fog-covered alley. On the left end were two lit windows, and the people inside will ask you about a safe place if you beat either the witch, Vicar, or the Bloodstarved beast. Make sure not to interact with the skull after beating Vicar until you talk to them or they'll die. Tell the women to go to Cathedral Ward, where if she survives until you beat Micolash will give birth to a demon baby in the sewers before cathedral ward that when killed give a cord. As for the nun she's found in the Unseen Village if you get kidnapped by those bag carrying guys if they killed you. Talk to her wearing the church garb and you can tell her to go to a safe place, though it's better to send her to the clinic as she might kill Adrianna.

playXray

I finally killed her last night, then was able to make my way through and finally get the Platinum for this game (my first ever, even). I'm relieved - I was so irritated with the Defiled Chalice that I removed it as soon as I killed her, haha!

Awesome! That's good work. I did pretty much the same thing, got my first Platinum Trophy (on my new profile at least) this weekend courtesy of Bloodborne :)

I don't think I will ever be able to remove the Defiled Chalice though, I couldn't bear to go back through it and beat all the bosses again!

Max_Po

Banned
Dam i envy you guys who finsihed the game... I am getting my arse handed to me on blood starved beast.... I have died like 5 times...

I will keep trying ..this is my first souls game.

One question are the de wlopers fixing the frame rate and frame pacing issues? The game is poorly optimized ...really disappointing that they shipped the game like this ..

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Dam i envy you guys who finsihed the game... I am getting my arse handed to me on blood starved beast.... I have died like 5 times...

I will keep trying ..this is my first souls game.

One question are the de wlopers fixing the frame rate and frame pacing issues? The game is poorly optimized ...really disappointing that they shipped the game like this ..

Ha, you're basically me. I wiped on Blood-Starved for ages but finally got him and it felt great, I've killed 5 bosses and he's still the hardest so far. There is a cheese way to kill him, but I wouldn't use that method, you'll regret it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je8xuJYMisg

If you want to do it properly I suggest using Fire Paper and some Molotov cocktails, and obviously be well stocked on antidotes and vials. And do you have the shortcut for him? The one where you jump down onto the building and through the gate in the stair case? It cuts the run down to like 2 minutes or less and I didn't find out about it until my last few tries.

As for the performance, man, once again you are me. From the second I took my first step I knew something was very wrong with the game and sure enough it has some of the worst pacing I've ever experienced. Apparently From Software are known for releasing games with performance issues and not fixing them so I doubt they'll fix Bloodborne, I will say after awhile you'll notice it less but that doesn't excuse them.

dralla

They are not items part of the main story, but they are both used for something. The stone is one of two ways to get to an optional area. It's possible you may have already been there. It is called
Nightmare Frontier
. You can give the invitation to someone. If you want to know who, give it to
Alfred

Okay, yea, I did that area. I don't remember that item being used. No idea who
Alfred
is, I let that one dude into the chapel area and he killed me people. But there was was dude in there anyway.

You missed the hardest boss in the game. Consider yourself (un)lucky

Okay, yea, I did that area. I don't remember that item being used. No idea who
Alfred
is, I let that one dude into the chapel area and he killed me people. But there was was dude in there anyway.

Going back for NG+ though so it may be worse

Edit: wait and my tag came from where lol

Donos

Found her rather a typical "stay on her ass" boss. Had waaaay more problems with others. Probably depends on playstyle and level from character/weapon (was rocking a Ludwigs +10 when i faced her).

OMG abhorrent beast (ailing LORAN) is impossible.

Yeah, this fucker Mini-Manus took me some time and nerves. Beat him when i said "fuck it", took the Ludwig in twohand mode and went in aggressively, using the invicible frames while dodgeing forward /forward-sideways.

Any tips for
Amygdala

Didn't hit her hands, instead i rolled forward to her sides/back and hit her leg / underbelly when she attacked and instantly retreated after 1 hit (ludwig L2). Invincible frames are you friend. Learnt it the hard way with defiled Amygdala. Gave me grey hair (last boss before you can leave the defiled chalice). Every jump from her is also a free hit on her head/belly/whatever is in reach. Just don't move or only 1-2 steps and she can't hit you.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Adriana is a survivor that can be found in cathedral ward. If you remember the graveyard with two giants there was a path near the Church member wielding a flamethrower that took you to a fog-covered alley. On the left end were two lit windows, and the people inside will ask you about a safe place if you beat either the witch, Vicar, or the Bloodstarved beast. Make sure not to interact with the skull after beating Vicar until you talk to them or they'll die. Tell the women to go to Cathedral Ward, where if she survives until you beat Micolash will give birth to a demon baby in the sewers before cathedral ward that when killed give a cord. As for the nun she's found in the Unseen Village if you get kidnapped by those bag carrying guys if they killed you. Talk to her wearing the church garb and you can tell her to go to a safe place, though it's better to send her to the clinic as she might kill Adrianna.

First of all, the name is Arianna hahaha.

Also: 1st bolded: this is incorrect. You can talk to them even after unlocking Forbidden Woods. The cutoff I believe is Rom.

2nd bolded: the trigger is you defeating Mergo Wet Nurse, not Micolash.

3rd bolded: there is virtually no chance of this happening if you just pick Adella's blood and refuse the offer from Arianna.

methane47

Yeah, this fucker Mini-Manus took me some time and nerves. Beat him when i said "fuck it", took the Ludwig in twohand mode and went in aggressively, using the invicible frames while dodgeing forward /forward-sideways.

My problem with this boss is that I simply cannot get into any kind if rhythm. Every single attack has different t timings and the bastard mixes it up solo much. And you have NO room to breath holy crap.

I use iframes and dash north west perfectly for like 3 minutes then he enters his last phase and all the times change, his combos change, sometimes he adds AOE attacks at the end of the combo as well so even if I get the iframe dash correct he nails me for 80% health with the AOE.

And then you can't even heal up. You have to get good iframe dashes to heal as well... Sheesh..

Then after I die I completely suck in the first phase cuz I need to relearn the timings.

I wonder if my insanely high insight (99) has anything to do with his behavior. Sigh.,

Donos

My problem with this boss is that I simply cannot get into any kind if rhythm. Every single attack has different t timings and the bastard mixes it up solo much. And you have NO room to breath holy crap.

I use iframes and dash north west perfectly for like 3 minutes then he enters his last phase and all the times change, his combos change, sometimes he adds AOE attacks at the end of the combo as well so even if I get the iframe dash correct he nails me for 80% health with the AOE.

And then you can't even heal up. You have to get good iframe dashes to heal as well... Sheesh..

Then after I die I completely suck in the first phase cuz I need to relearn the timings.

I wonder if my insanely high insight (99) has anything to do with his behavior. Sigh.,

Sorry, can't remember exactly what i did because it was three weeks ago but it took me a lot of tries. A lot. Same problems as you had. Even tried the poison dagger cheese but that took just way to long and these daggers are expensive.
After so many tries you start to read him better and then there is this one round you make everything right. I also feel that youtube is not a big help for these bosses as most of the time the bosses don't behave excatly like in the vids. Or use an attack more.

Keep at it. Beating him felt so good. Personally, i like these more agressive bosses most (Marty, Abhorrent, Gwyn, Manus, Artorias, False King, O&S, father G) compared to huge, slow "get on the ass" bosses.

Max_Po

Banned
Ha, you're basically me. I wiped on Blood-Starved for ages but finally got him and it felt great, I've killed 5 bosses and he's still the hardest so far. There is a cheese way to kill him, but I wouldn't use that method, you'll regret it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je8xuJYMisg

If you want to do it properly I suggest using Fire Paper and some Molotov cocktails, and obviously be well stocked on antidotes and vials. And do you have the shortcut for him? The one where you jump down onto the building and through the gate in the stair case? It cuts the run down to like 2 minutes or less and I didn't find out about it until my last few tries.

As for the performance, man, once again you are me. From the second I took my first step I knew something was very wrong with the game and sure enough it has some of the worst pacing I've ever experienced. Apparently From Software are known for releasing games with performance issues and not fixing them so I doubt they'll fix Bloodborne, I will say after awhile you'll notice it less but that doesn't excuse them.

Thanks for the reply, Yes I try to explore as much as I can.

AHA-Lambda

OK,
Gehrman
is kicking my ass. Help please guys =/

Also, I must say this is the only fight I've felt the need to summon anyone on, and wtf the summon system is awful!!
So whether or not I connect with anyone it takes up an insight point, plus I'm standing here more often than not for 5-10 minutes before anyone comes into my game after ringing the bell! WTF?!

Also, I must say this is the only fight I've felt the need to summon anyone on, and wtf the summon system is awful!!
So whether or not I connect with anyone it takes up an insight point, plus I'm standing here more often than not for 5-10 minutes before anyone comes into my game after ringing the bell! WTF?!
Might want to spoiler that boss name, but yes it should only use insight of you connect.

Donos

OK,
Gherman

I'm not someone who uses parry often but
Gherman
is pretty vulnerable to it. With a full upgraded weapon and some proper levels in STR/ Skill, a visceral attack does a lot of damage (Ludwig +10 with 30 STR, 30 Skill chopped like 10 % or more from his health). Add a rune to up the Visc. atk. and use the pistol so you can spam him.
Rest of
Gherman
fight is using i-frames to get close and avoid his strong AOE. But i faced him after dwelling weeks in defiled chalice and Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice so i had already done and fought the worst the game had to offer and was prepared :)

Donos

I knew I was gonna fight him anyway, but that's the final boss isn't it? lol

I don't know what you mean and i think you have read that wrong.... (also, no it's not)
92ex7HC.jpg

still sorry :(

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Today has been rough, lots and lots of deaths, not much progress. These are the days I hate. I guess after yesterday's 3 boss slay fest I was due a shit one.

OK,
Gehrman

He can be parried. Just parry him as he comes out of his roll, keeping your distance helps.
Today has been rough, lots and lots of deaths, not much progress. These are the days I hate. I guess after yesterday's 3 boss slay fest I was due a shit one.
Depending on where you are at now would be a good time to stock up on sedatives and get the frenzy rune. Where are you at by the way? I don't think you mentioned the Paarl fight yet so Hypogean Gaol?

A few things

1) Where can I buy sedatives
2) Is getting the trophy for killing
Queen Yharnam
almost impossible? The sheer hoops just to get to that seems like a pain in the ass, plus actually defeating the boss.... it looks like my only obstacle between getting a plat
3) So if the game resets after the final boss and there's no pvp after killing a boss in an area, does that mean eventually people just stop progressing in the game do PvP? how does it work?

myco666

A few things

Queen Yharnam
almost impossible? The sheer hoops just to get to that seems like a pain in the ass, plus actually defeating the boss.... it looks like my only obstacle between getting a plat
3) So if the game resets after the final boss and there's no pvp after killing a boss in an area, does that mean eventually people just stop progressing in the game do PvP? how does it work?

1) You need the badge you find from UCW if I recall correctly to unlock it to bath messengers.
2) Nah it is pretty manageable aside from Defiled Chalice and there is even a way to skip that if you don't feel like it.
3) I guess people stop after beating
Mergos Wet Nurse
or
Gehrman
if they want the weapon. Then if you want to get invaded just don't kill the area boss and use sinister bell. Usually people stop progressing at Mensis. Then there is PVP in Chalice Dungeons so that you don't have to stop progressing.

AHA-Lambda

YES, I beat him and
moon presence
!

That was an epic fight, beat him with no blood vials left and 1 HP :D

Overall, as much as
Gerhman
was a pain, I found this on the easier side of the Souls games, but in saying that I had a pretty rough time at the start (see earlier posts), and only really found my stride once I had beaten BSB.

1) You need the badge you find from UCW if I recall correctly to unlock it to bath messengers.
2) Nah it is pretty manageable aside from Defiled Chalice and there is even a way to skip that if you don't feel like it.
3) I guess people stop after beating
Mergos Wet Nurse
or
Gehrman
if they want the weapon. Then if you want to get invaded just don't kill the area boss and use sinister bell. Usually people stop progressing at Mensis. Then there is PVP in Chalice Dungeons so that you don't have to stop progressing.
1)ah alright missed the UCW so that makes sense
2) okay, i'll try to go for it then
3) so how many playthroughs should I stop at then for PvP? should I go through all of it and stop right before the final boss and just PvP in the chalice dungeons or

methane47

Queen Yharnam

I'm trying to get the plat as well and I'm stuck on Ailing Loran Abhorrent Beast.
just for shiggles i decided to check whats left.
Ok next i have to do either Lower Loran or Isz.
Lower Loran - ANOTHER Abhorrant Beast + Another DarkBeast Paarl... Lord Jesus no
Isz - Ebrietas ............ GOD DAMMIT

I'm stuck between either a suped up version of the hardest boss in the game Or two suped up versions of the two hardest bosses in the game (for me)

myco666

I'm trying to get the plat as well and I'm stuck on Ailing Loran Abhorrent Beast.
just for shiggles i decided to check whats left.
Ok next i have to do either Lower Loran or Isz.
Lower Loran - ANOTHER Abhorrant Beast + Another DarkBeast Paarl... Lord Jesus no
Isz - Ebrietas ............ GOD DAMMIT

I'm stuck between either a suped up version of the hardest boss in the game Or two suped up versions of the two hardest bosses in the game (for me)

You don't have to beat Abhorrent Beast or Ebrietas (in Isz) if you only are going for the platinum.

3) so how many playthroughs should I stop at then for PvP? should I go through all of it and stop right before the final boss and just PvP in the chalice dungeons or

If you are going to PVP at chalice dungeons no need to stop progressing. Just don't level up too high.

methane47

# of playthroughs doesn't matter I think your level matters.
And alot PVP is done in the Nightmare frontier and Mergo's Loft Middle.
Just try to stay around lvl 85-90 and you should get alot of PVP action. In those two locations.
Edit Just googled it Apparently consensus seems to be around lvl100 as the official meta.

You don't have to beat Abhorrent Beast or Ebrietas (in Isz) if you only are going for the platinum.

Hmm so what would be the better route? Isz or LowLoran?

gaugebozo

It's been a while since I played, and am going to start another character. Are the buffable weapons still way stronger than the stat boosted ones? Also, any notable damage buffs/nerfs?

A few things

Queen Yharnam

1.-Did you saved the old woman? she can gives infinite numbers of that item or after beating
rom
it becomes available on the store
2.-Not impossible but takes its time since you have to travel different chalices for the materials to get access to defiled chalice and the phumeru last chalice.
3.-Yes, the game restarts to NG+ after you defead the last boss, no, there are not designed pvp areas to pvp.

Hmm so what would be the better route? Isz or LowLoran?

Low Loran for the red jelly

myco666

1.-Did you saved the old woman? she can gives infinite numbers of that item or after beating
rom
it becomes available on the store

Totally doesn't give infinite supply considering
she will die after you get about 10 sedatives from her
. And sedatives do not unlock from beating Rom.

NEO0MJ

First of all, the name is Arianna hahaha.

Also: 1st bolded: this is incorrect. You can talk to them even after unlocking Forbidden Woods. The cutoff I believe is Rom.

2nd bolded: the trigger is you defeating Mergo Wet Nurse, not Micolash.

3rd bolded: there is virtually no chance of this happening if you just pick Adella's blood and refuse the offer from Arianna.

Oh, ok. Though on the last point, I think I read somewhere that the game sometimes glitches and she dies anyways if you save Adella, similar to Eleen's quest glitching.

played pvp twice, both times were extremely laggy, full of just quickstepping and rolling around and there was one that froze and when it resumed it ended in both of us dying

welp, guess i'm sticking to pve

wish there was a dedicated pvp mode honestly

also can you still get invaded if you don't ring the sinister resonant bell?

Donos

A few things

Queen Yharnam

It's just patience. But be prepared for a world of pain beating the defiled chalice bosses and even some of the bosses of the normal chalices can be a pain in the ass. Beating the
Queen
in the Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice is very easy compared to other bosses.
Better have our main weapon at max and put some lvls in VIT (important for defiled since ou get onöy 50 % of our health).

just realized I missed the blood rock and can't go back to where it's located because the game forced me in to NG+

nice, nice

how prevalent is it in chalice dungeons?

Top Bottom