• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Fuck ROM

I hate this fight so much........so much spam crap

He is actually really easy I found. I have soloed him 3 times and died once

Here's what I do
kill first wave of spiders

Hit ROM till teleports

Kill next wave of spiders while always keeping camera looking at ROM.

If he raises into the air he is firing ice crap at you. Wait for his head to drop then dodge repeatedly in a circle to dodge it all. Sometimes you might get hit if unlucky.

If you are close to ROM and he rolls on his back he is going to shoot ice out the floor. Just back off to avoid it. If you are very close he will either thrash about or raise his head and tail which means his PBAOE attack, in both cases just back off.

Once spiders are dead just hit him when you can while avoiding those attacks.

Repeat for third stage after he teleports again.

Use bolt paper

If you are lucky you can knock him out of his teleport. As soon as you see him start porting do a charged R2 and it can interrupt him. With luck you can repeat this and have him never get out of stage one and therefore never gain new attacks / spiders

Fuck ROM

Once you get to the 2nd phase, kill all the spiders while staying semi-near/and weaving in and out near him. This forces him to want to use his AOE move even though you're out of range. As for the ice-shards from the sky, they have mild-tracking and predict what you're going to do--but I found sticking in that close/not-so-close range made them very hard to hit ya.

He is actually really easy I found. I have soloed him 3 times and died once

Here's what I do
kill first wave of spiders

Hit ROM till teleports

Kill next wave of spiders while always keeping camera looking at ROM.

If he raises into the air he is firing ice crap at you. Wait for his head to drop then dodge repeatedly in a circle to dodge it all. Sometimes you might get hit if unlucky.

If you are close to ROM and he rolls on his back he is going to shoot ice out the floor. Just back off to avoid it. If you are very close he will either thrash about or raise his head and tail which means his PBAOE attack, in both cases just back off.

Once spiders are dead just hit him when you can while avoiding those attacks.

Repeat for third stage after he teleports again.

Use bolt paper

If you are lucky you can knock him out of his teleport. As soon as you see him start porting do a charged R2 and it can interrupt him. With luck you can repeat this and have him never get out of stage one and therefore never gain new attacks / spiders

Once you get to the 2nd phase, kill all the spiders while staying semi-near/and weaving in and out near him. This forces him to want to use his AOE move even though you're out of range. As for the ice-shards from the sky, they have mild-tracking and predict what you're going to do--but I found sticking in that close/not-so-close range made them very hard to hit ya.

Thanks for the advice. I'm trying but this is the first fight in the game I truly hate. I'm just honestly not having fun, theres just so mich crap happening at once and so much spam shot from Rom that 1 hit kills me.

I hate this fight but love the game. I'll make it through

Thanks for the advice. I'm trying but this is the first fight in the game I truly hate. I'm just honestly not having fun, theres just so mich crap happening at once and so much spam shot from Rom that 1 hit kills me.

If you hate the fight that much just summon someone. No shame in that.

What do you mean you're getting 1 shot?

From what, his AOE blast or the ice-shards from the sky? You might have neglected your HP a little bit. Another trick for the ice-shards is to stay semi-close, as I said, and lock-on to a spider while keeping your eyes on Rom. Once he does the animation for the ice-shards, you can use the lock-on from the mini-spider to do some dodging. Once you get confident in the fight, I promise it won't be that bad.

And hey, at least it's not a long run back :X

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got all the red jellies etc I needed to create the Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice dungeon.

Off to bed and hope to finish up the platinum tomorrow!

Koh

Those fireball casting witches in chalice dungeons are a total pain when in pairs. Instant kill, even with full fire resistance. My best strategy so far is to just freaking rush them, but it's a coin flip.

I think Mizayaki should use unique mobs/bosses in Chalice Dungeons for main game. I am playing DS2 now and i am amazed at contents in original game (not DLC). Chalice Dungeons is great idea but the implementation is very poor. If they want to do it again in BB2, they should design it as static levels, not the generated levels.

Yup. I think I've expressed all of my hatred of the Chalice Dungeon system already. Just imagine if it was actually part of the world and you could explore instead of some shitty randomized same rooms over and over.

Like think if the journey to Byrgenwerth ended up with you gaining access to the labyrinth under Yarnam,
instead of just being teleported back across the world. If that would have taken you back across the world with various shortcuts opening and secret paths that led deeper to the optional boss of the Queen. If that is how you got access to the Unseen Village instead of the mentioned teleport and door just being open now.
Oh well. I still love the game, but seems like the worst part about it.

sam777

What's the quickest way to get to
Shadow of Yarnham
? I have unlocked two lifts in the forest but I feel like there still maybe a quicker way.

Rom is DEEEEEEAAAAAADDDDDDDDD

Good grief, I didn't enjoy that at all. But yep thats it for tonight. Just glad to see that thing dead

myco666

Shadow of Yarnham
? I have unlocked two lifts in the forest but I feel like there still maybe a quicker way.

Just checked the map of
Forbidden Woods
and using the two lifts seems to be the fastest route. Other route would be to the right from the first lift but I think it is longer.

BeeDog

Shadow of Yarnham

There is not, those two windwill lifts and then drudging through the lowest part of the forest (with the pigs wading in the swamp) is the quickest way.

What do you mean you're getting 1 shot?

From what, his AOE blast or the ice-shards from the sky? You might have neglected your HP a little bit. Another trick for the ice-shards is to stay semi-close, as I said, and lock-on to a spider while keeping your eyes on Rom. Once he does the animation for the ice-shards, you can use the lock-on from the mini-spider to do some dodging. Once you get confident in the fight, I promise it won't be that bad.

And hey, at least it's not a long run back :X

I think arcane resistance helps so if you have runes/armor equip them

Shadow of Yarnham

When you get to the stairs that lead to the boss fight you can go up instead and unlock a gate. That gate bis the quickest way IMO. When you spawn just take the first lift down and then run down the path to the snakes and go around the first large snake and keep going until you reach a drop that leads to the gate. Jump down and through the gate and down the stairs to the boss. It's actually very quick

sam777

Just checked the map of
Forbidden Woods
and using the two lifts seems to be the fastest route. Other route would be to the right from the first lift but I think it is longer.

There is not, those two windwill lifts and then drudging through the lowest part of the forest (with the pigs wading in the swamp) is the quickest way.

Ah fair enough, hopefully I won't die to many times then.

danthefan

Sorry for this but have a daft question, I cannot get the parry/riposte thing to work. I'm practicing on the guys with the bricks. I wait for them to attack, shoot, hit R1, and I just get a regular attack. What am I doing wrong?

Fuck. I fucked up regarding an NPC I think.

and it really pisses me off there's nothing I can do about it afaik. That little girl at the window. I gave her the brooch. How the fuck was I supposed to know to not give her the fucking thing? God dammit. It shouldn't, but it really kills my enjoyment.

Sorry for this but have a daft question, I cannot get the parry/riposte thing to work. I'm practicing on the guys with the bricks. I wait for them to attack, shoot, hit R1, and I just get a regular attack. What am I doing wrong?

I don't know who the guys w/ the bricks are, but I guess your timing is off. Shoot them just before they strike you, not when they begin their attack.

Ferrio

Banned

and it really pisses me off there's nothing I can do about it afaik. That little girl at the window. I gave her the brooch. How the fuck was I supposed to know to not give her the fucking thing? God dammit.

It's a very very very minor thing you don't get.

Kamina

Golden Boy

and it really pisses me off there's nothing I can do about it afaik. That little girl at the window. I gave her the brooch. How the fuck was I supposed to know to not give her the fucking thing? God dammit.
It's not a problem. The story unforlds similarly anyway no matter what you do at that point.
The Gem you'd have gotten is good but outclassed fairly quickly mid-game.

Facism

I don't even bother with the spiders when fighting Rom. They're just there to take your attention away so you can get fucked up

and it really pisses me off there's nothing I can do about it afaik. That little girl at the window. I gave her the brooch. How the fuck was I supposed to know to not give her the fucking thing? God dammit. It shouldn't, but it really kills my enjoyment.

As far as I know that quest isn't important for getting anything.

BeeDog

You have to shoot them during their wind-ups, not after they've performed the attack. You'll know you can riposte/visceral attack them when they slump down on their knees and a "clang" of sort plays; when you get that, just walk up to them and attack as usual.

Kamina

Golden Boy
I don't know who the guys w/ the bricks are, but I guess your timing is off. Shoot them just before they strike you, not when they begin their attack.
7kHEN1D.png

Ok yeah your timing must be off. Just make sure you shoot right before they'd make contact with you. You can own those guys with visceral attacks. If you're at the very beginning then once you get the visceral down follow it up with a couple quick normal attacks to finish them off.

Edit just to make sure you're doing everything right: So lock on with R3, center up to them (let them come directly at you), shoot them jusssst before they'd normally make contact with you with their attack, then attack with R1.

danthefan

You have to shoot them during their wind-ups, not after they've performed the attack. You'll know you can riposte/visceral attack them when they slump down on their knees and a "clang" of sort plays; when you get that, just walk up to them and attack as usual.

Thanks. I was shooting when they were winding up their attacks and they would slump down, I think my problem was I was too far away when trying to attack them.

Bliddo

Did they change the weapon degradation speed with the patch?
I was helping out some players in the TOR boss, and after a couple of fights I had my weapon at risk.

I finally got to the castle in the last dungeon(?) of the game. In related news, I finally got to Dracula's castle in Order of Ecclesia after buying the game at launch :D. So that has been like 8 years? Jesus lol

maomaoIYP

Did they change the weapon degradation speed with the patch?
I was helping out some players in the TOR boss, and after a couple of fights I had my weapon at risk.
It's probably a gem that you put on the weapon. Weapon degradation gems are BRUTAL.

taco543

1 trophy left I'm finally on the last chalice I need, and of course the first boss is just taking me to town, I beat the entire game with no issue but these depth 5 chalices are brutal...

dosh

Yup. I think I've expressed all of my hatred of the Chalice Dungeon system already. Just imagine if it was actually part of the world and you could explore instead of some shitty randomized same rooms over and over.

Like think if the journey to Byrgenwerth ended up with you gaining access to the labyrinth under Yarnam,
instead of just being teleported back across the world. If that would have taken you back across the world with various shortcuts opening and secret paths that led deeper to the optional boss of the Queen. If that is how you got access to the Unseen Village instead of the mentioned teleport and door just being open now.
Oh well. I still love the game, but seems like the worst part about it.

I was actually saying the exact same thing (the spoilered part in your post) to a friend the other day. That would have tied the dungeons with Yarnham and the main story quite nicely.

I don't really get what they were trying to do with the Chalices. They feel so disconnected from the rest of the game. Which is the shame because they usually look very good (in spite of the sheer repetitiveness) and they add a lot of interesting enemies and bosses.

It's probably a gem that you put on the weapon. Weapon degradation gems are BRUTAL.
They really are. I miss Dark Souls' repair powder.

Oni Jazar

I'm so depressed. Everyone in the Cathedral Ward is dead. Most all hunters out there are dead. It's just me and the doll. So alone.

I tried killing the ward killer before he took everyone out but when I died to him he'd kill someone else. I did eventually take him out but by then it was too late.

Rozart

Does anyone know if you can co-op in the Forbidden Woods? And is there a specific place I have to ring the bell at?

Planning to help a friend of mine with the boss there and couldn't get it to work a few days ago. We were both standing next to the gate of the Forbidden Wood's shortcut. The one by the lantern.

(Yes, we're around the same level. She's level 49 and I'm level 47.)

Derpot

Well, something quite... funny happened to me yesterday.

I was doing some co-op to help people against Gascoigne and I got summoned by a dude who already had the Cainhurst set (armor and Chikage). I was like "Da hell". There was also another player who got summoned and he had Ludwig's Holy Blade, but that wasn't out of the ordinary.
So we entered the boss fight, and Gascoigne kicked my ass because I didn't really pay attention to my health bar. "Welp, I messed up", I said to myself.
And then, I looked at Gascoigne's health bar and I was "Huh? He didn't take many damage at all! Is that normal?... Wait a sec. Was it a NG+?!"

That was so weird because I was only lvl 20. Did that guy finish the game at lvl 20 or so? Wow, I dunno lol.

Xeilyn

Does anyone know if you can co-op in the Forbidden Woods? And is there a specific place I have to ring the bell at?

Planning to help a friend of mine with the boss there and couldn't get it to work a few days ago. We were both standing next to the gate of the Forbidden Wood's shortcut. The one by the lantern.

(Yes, we're around the same level. She's level 49 and I'm level 47.)
Yes you can co-op, works the same as in any area. If you ar having trouble summoning quit and close the game then try again. The one you want to summon should ring the bell first also

Cyborg

I found the best bosses to be human(like) All those giant beasts just didn't do it for me. Except, Wet Nurse.

EGM1966

Fuck ROM

Here's what worked for me and also kept the fight relatively short:
When you first engage him take out all the little spiders using the electric mace (forget name begins with T I think) and make sure you hit them from the side. From front does minimal damage from side or behind kills them in 2 hits. Keep moving all the time and ignore Rom as first phase he won't attack you. Once the spiders are gone use bolt to buff your weapon and then rush around to his side and lay into him. Keep going even as he fades/teleports as you'll still land damage. I got him to half health by time he vanished.

Second phase ignore the spiders is my advice as only a few attack at a time and if you keep moving they almost never get you. Stay close enough to Rom - circling him - that he doesn't rear up. When I stayed close he never reared up to call down the spikes from the sky. He will curl up to bring up spikes from water but these are easy to doge, just move slightly out of range, then once they erupt dive right in and lay into him a few times then move away back to circle mode before any little spiders can attack you. Keep this up until he teleports again.

Third phase again ignore little spiders but watch out as in addition to conjuring spikes ROM will flail attack you now too. I would circle close to get him to erupt spikes then move out of range then dive back in to get him to flail and dive away again then dive back in third time to land a few blows.

If you keep circling him the little spiders never seem to get a blow in unless you're super unlucky and if you circle close in a kind of Goldilocks zone he won't attack with spikes from sky and you can trigger then dodge spikes from the ground.

This worked well for me. Now if only I could nail the
hunter I'm trying to nail post ROM for the female hunter!

Good luck.

Mogwai

I found the best bosses to be human(like) All those giant beasts just didn't do it for me. Except, Wet Nurse.
The big beasts bosses are really just camera battles.

Thinking about
Headless Bloodletting Beast
makes me eye twitch.

Top Bottom