• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

myco666

I found the best bosses to be human(like) All those giant beasts just didn't do it for me. Except, Wet Nurse.

Micolash
is probably my favorite boss in the game. Not because of the fight itself but the atmosphere, music and the dialogue. When it comes to the battle itself my favorite is Defiled
Watchdog
. So intense fight and really cool design.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Ok yeah your timing must be off. Just make sure you shoot right before they'd make contact with you. You can own those guys with visceral attacks. If you're at the very beginning then once you get the visceral down follow it up with a couple quick normal attacks to finish them off.

Edit just to make sure you're doing everything right: So lock on with R3, center up to them (let them come directly at you), shoot them jusssst before they'd normally make contact with you with their attack, then attack with R1.
I know all that. This was the one who needed help, I just wanted to point out then enemie he meant. :)

Sorry for this but have a daft question, I cannot get the parry/riposte thing to work. I'm practicing on the guys with the bricks. I wait for them to attack, shoot, hit R1, and I just get a regular attack. What am I doing wrong?

Stike

I did the following bosses in order so far:
cleric Beast
Father G
Amelia
BSB
Witch of Hemwick
DB Paarl
Shadow of Y
Rom
Yet a friend played not quite that far and has beaten a boss I didnt encounter yet. Any idea where that boss could be??

show me the way, GAF! :-0

myco666

I did the following bosses in order so far:
cleric Beast
Father G
Amelia
BSB
Witch of Hemwick
DB Paarl
Shadow of Y
Rom
Yet a friend played not quite that far and has beaten a boss I didnt encounter yet. Any idea where that boss could be??

show me the way, GAF! :-0

Probably the one in
Cainhurst
. You need a item to get there that you should have access to get.

I wish the game had/has a location like Anor Londo, basically one that looks grand.

Doesn't
Cainhurst
somewhat fit in the Anor Londo like place or
Nightmare of Mensis
?

danthefan

I can't put a dent in
Fr. Gascoigne in his beast form. He knocks me over then just follows up by pounding me to death before I can even get up. Any tips? I have the music box btw but it takes so long to use.

myco666

I can't put a dent in
Fr. Gascoigne in his beast form. He knocks me over then just follows up by pounding me to death before I can even get up. Any tips? I have the music box btw but it takes so long to use.

Parry is effective. Also that jump in attack he does after knockdown can be dodged if timed correctly (don't spam the dodge button when on the ground but wait for him to do the attack). Molotovs also deal bunch of damage especially if you use oil urn also.

Man, i miss areas like Blight town/The gutter. I wish they could make areas like these so we could access to Chalice Dungeons in underground instead of using holy chalices

myco666

Thanks, but how do I get there? Where to go? I must have overlooked a path or something.

There is a route
to Central Yharnam from Forbidden Woods near the dog cages. You should get to Iosefkas Clinic from there and find a Cainhurst Summon that you need in order to get to Cainhurst. The item description tells you where you need to go.

Man, i miss areas like Blight town/The gutter. I wish they could make areas like these so we could access to Chalice Dungeons in underground instead of using holy chalices

Really The Gutter? IMO that is the most boring area in Souls games.

Arjen

Meh. The one swamp we got is good enough for me. Not a fan of blight town. Gutter is cool though.

Kamina

Golden Boy
I can't put a dent in
Try to get his health down as much as possible in human form, key are
Visceral Attacks. When he transforms use that box, make your way behind him and perform a backstab. That should bring him down far enough to finish him off with molotovs.

cm osi

ok so i got all the endings and i'm gonna go to the chalice, i already did some (the phtumerian, i've beat the discendant) now i'm at the bloodletting beast.
i totally can't read bloodletting beast moveset due to unlocking fight
do i have to complete all of them or i just need to complete the loran one?

Erm, so, in a Chalice dungeon:

I just found an illusionary wall with a hidden vendor behind it. Sold a..."sinister chalice"?
This is at depth 3, I wonder how many I have missed..

Melchiah

Fuck ROM

I hate this fight so much........so much spam crap

Here's what worked for me and also kept the fight relatively short:
When you first engage him take out all the little spiders using the electric mace (forget name begins with T I think) and make sure you hit them from the side. From front does minimal damage from side or behind kills them in 2 hits. Keep moving all the time and ignore Rom as first phase he won't attack you. Once the spiders are gone use bolt to buff your weapon and then rush around to his side and lay into him. Keep going even as he fades/teleports as you'll still land damage. I got him to half health by time he vanished.

Second phase ignore the spiders is my advice as only a few attack at a time and if you keep moving they almost never get you. Stay close enough to Rom - circling him - that he doesn't rear up. When I stayed close he never reared up to call down the spikes from the sky. He will curl up to bring up spikes from water but these are easy to doge, just move slightly out of range, then once they erupt dive right in and lay into him a few times then move away back to circle mode before any little spiders can attack you. Keep this up until he teleports again.

Third phase again ignore little spiders but watch out as in addition to conjuring spikes ROM will flail attack you now too. I would circle close to get him to erupt spikes then move out of range then dive back in to get him to flail and dive away again then dive back in third time to land a few blows.

If you keep circling him the little spiders never seem to get a blow in unless you're super unlucky and if you circle close in a kind of Goldilocks zone he won't attack with spikes from sky and you can trigger then dodge spikes from the ground.

This worked well for me. Now if only I could nail the
hunter I'm trying to nail post ROM for the female hunter!

Good luck.

You can easily cheese the
last hunter
of E
ileen's
quest. Just wait for the
hunter to change the weapon's form and watch his health go down to zero.

As for Rom, I found it pretty easy with
+6 Tonitrus, which did 286 damage with three +7.3% gems. I just ignored the little ones, and hit Rom once or twice, then ran away. Rinse and repeat.

taco543

FINALLY DID IT!!! Sorry for the yelling but I'm still adrenaline rushed right now.

8HL1TDD.jpg

Ethelwulf

About Eileen and those worried about attacking her by mistake. Don't worry
I've just encountered her at the Grand Cathedral and killed her
even after attacking her by mistake in the first encounter. So I suppose no more speculations :) This might be very old news, but wanted to share my experience.

ISee

FINALLY DID IT!!! Sorry for the yelling but I'm still adrenaline rushed right now.

Congratulations. In your opinion what was the hardest boss on your way to the trophy.

For me it definitly was
defiled amygdala.

taco543

Congratulations. In your opinion what was the hardest boss on your way to the trophy.

For me it definitly was
defiled amygdala.

That one was definitely tough but I personally hated the
Pthumerian Descendant
. That first boss into the chalice just made me so made I seriously had to stop playing for a while because I was on tilt after viciously dying by his hand for over 3 hours lol.

So, the 2H Axe is definitely the perfect weapon against
The Keeper of The Old Lords
. Time your charged R2 right and she'll never even hit you.

So, the 2H Axe is definitely the perfect weapon against
The Keeper of The Old Lords
. Time your charged R2 right and she'll never even hit you.

The 1 handed version of Ludwig's sword was fine. If I got it near a wall I could just keep it combo'd until my stamina ran out without it being able to get away.

keit4

Banned
Right now i don't know how to spend my echoes. My current stats are:

VIT 30
END 30
STR 9
SKI 25
BLD 26
ARC 8

I'm using a Threaded Cane +10 and a Evelyn +9.

Should i put some points on arcane? Are the hunter tools worth it?

The 1 handed version of Ludwig's sword was fine. If I got it near a wall I could just keep it combo'd until my stamina ran out without it being able to get away.

It was so easy since she just kept walking/running towards me. Her fire attack wasn't a problem either since I was already keeping my distance.

Purest 78

I can't put a dent in

Take him on the stairs He's easier to parry there.

sn00zer

I feel like most reviews failed to mention this was a horror game....like a very scary horror game especially the last half

Also this game is the only game I ve played that completely justifies its price tag.....I dont think Ive ever played a game with so many unique enemies.

Also award for most fucked up enemy (so far) award goes to
knights in pregnant woman armor who are clearly men based on the sounds, with the additional bdsm looking children who shove you like a little kid trying to protect his/her mom from a beating from a much stronger person
....That was probably the first monster that made me stop playing fo a second and make me think "What the fuck am I playing"

Melchiah

VIT 30
END 30
STR 9
SKI 25
BLD 26
ARC 8

Spend it on skill, and some on strength. I'm also using a Threaded Cane, and here are my current stats. Dunno about what BLD stats Evelyn needs, as I haven't yet used it.

cm osi

Also award for most fucked up enemy (so far) award goes to
knights in pregnant woman armor who are clearly men based on the sounds, with the additional bdsm looking children who shove you like a little kid trying to protect his/her mom from a beating from a much stronger person
....That was probably the first monster that made me stop playing fo a second and make me think "What the fuck am I playing"

are you talking about the ones in
mensis nightmare?

Skii

I had so much fun with my threaded cane run. I compiled some of the best boss kills from the run, sped them up a ton, and put them on youtube.

https://youtu.be/YAqz4LNg4XM

The audio is the best part - check out Mergot's Wet Nurse at the end, it's hilarious to me for some reason.

No real strategy to be learned from this, other than that the whip is amazing and anyone who disagrees is a bad person. That and the Beast Blood Pellet is fun to use on bosses.

What level are you? You are dealing some insane damage to all the bosses.

Xeilyn

VIT 30
END 30
STR 9
SKI 25
BLD 26
ARC 8

Depends if you are planning on staying on a set lvl for pvp or not. Dont spend any points in str though if you want to use the cane or other skill weapons. I wouldnt have spent any points in BLT either unless i was gonna use the chikage but its fine i guess. Lvl up skill to 45-50 and vit to 45-50 and if you dont have a set lvl in mind id say you can up arcane to 15 for beast roar and old hunters bone

Doesn't it make bosses use certain supers more often?
Not that I know of. 1 insight activates the doll, 10 insight opens the insight shop, 15 insight causes the Chruch servants to gain new attacks and mad ones to appear in hemwick at night, 40 allows you to see
amygdala when the blood moon is not out and the hunter's dream music changes
60 insight lets you
hear the baby crying
Edit: what moves the boss performs depends on their stages and distance from the boss.

Respect

Not really feeling the chikage in pvp, have it fully upgraded, invested heavily in blood tinge, but I definitely prefer burial blade and reiterspallch in pvp to it. Feel like I am not putting out enough damage in transformed state.

RedAssedApe

Banned
alfred quest line ending is funny.

proud of myself for beating marty on my second try. think i do much better on the non-beast bosses because they tend to not make the camera go haywire. that or i just have enough health now where making small mistakes doesn't necessarily mean game over...hah

Adaren

Micolash
is probably my favorite boss in the game. Not because of the fight itself but the atmosphere, music and the dialogue.

This is something that I think is underappreciated in this game: not every fight is frantic dodging and non-stop combat; a lot of the fights thrive more on atmosphere, and they're a huge step up from the "puzzle" bosses in previous Souls games.

The W
itch
of H
emwick
gets a lot of crap for being easy, but it was actually one of the most memorable fights for me.

I friend was watching me play and helping me figure out the game. I had a lot of Blood Echoes going into the fight, so we were kind of tense and considering just Bold Hunter's Marking out. Our conversation during the fight went something like:
- "The witch is so slow that she must 1 shot me if she hits me"
- "Some little tiny minion just popped up randomly! The witch must summon them...they probably 1 shot me too."
- "I hit the witch, but her health bar didn't move.......wait, what if that isn't the witch?!?"
- "I killed the witch; that was pretty easy! WAIT NOW THERE ARE TWO WITCHES AND THREE MONSTERS"

Witch of Hemwick, Micolash, Celestial Emissary, and Rom all fall under this kind of slow atmospheric "puzzle" fight category for me.

Not really feeling the chikage in pvp, have it fully upgraded, invested heavily in blood tinge, but I definitely prefer burial blade and reiterspallch in pvp to it. Feel like I am not putting out enough damage in transformed state.

Same here. But it's mostly because I feel the moveset is a bit awkward. Like my dash attack seems to miss about 80% of the time because it's so vertical. Scrapes just by the hitboxes it seems...I do love the transformation+R1 though.

Audioboxer

Been running with a +6 fire cleaver on my pure arcane build, however after reading the guide I'm going to switch over to a +6 saw spear. The guide says the spears 20% damage for serrated damage works in both modes where as the cleavers doesn't work in transform mode.

Everyone seems to recommend the cleaver, but I'm going to try the spear.

Top Bottom