• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

They don't fill up the whole list on the others I don't think.

Here are the other optional areas as far as I know:
N
ightmare
F
rontier
O
ld
Y
arhnam
(I think most people do this one though)
C
ainhurst
C
astle
. This one is probably the trickiest one to find after the Upper Cathedral Ward.
H
emwick

I think that's it. Each of those areas has a boss too, and there are a few optional bosses in the main areas as well.

OK, thanks! I discovered all those! WIll probably just head on and face
Gehrman
. What a great experience this game was. Thanks!

OK. I had the feeling that it would be the last fight.

Nope i didn't fight Ebrietas, should her appears at some point after beaten one of the other 2 bosses that i mentioned before? Because as i recall there's no other place left to go i think...

Oh,
another Boss that i forgot that i can face too is the Hunter waiting at Cathedral Ward, where Vicar Amelia was before. Another very tough and fast one.
That's by far the thoughest fight in the game. That hunter does crazy damage and there is no real strategy for him/her imo. What I found to be very helpful are long range weapons - particularly the threaded cane with which you have good range when you whip it. You have a very high chance of hitting the hunter when he is at a certain range without him porting away. So you can do 1-2 hits and then have to get away again. It does not always work though and there is still a chance he will one-shot you with his gun all of a sudden.

I dread that fight every time because it's so unpredictable. But since it's the only way to complete Eileen's quest properly..... Good luck.

They don't fill up the whole list on the others I don't think.

Here are the other optional areas as far as I know:
N
ightmare
F
rontier
O
ld
Y
arhnam
(I think most people do this one though)
C
ainhurst
C
astle
. This one is probably the trickiest one to find after the Upper Cathedral Ward.
H
emwick

I think that's it. Each of those areas has a boss too, and there are a few optional bosses in the main areas as well.

Just adding up

You forgot the pre H
idden village
which have different Items before R
om
Upper Cathedral ward is the most missable if you dont find the key in the U
nseen Village
Back Entrance of Losefka Clinic
And the hidden elevator in M
ensis Nightmare

Guysssssss I can't be Ebrietas :( too hard

Edit: OMG I JUST BEAT HER. On my last try for the evening no less holy shit. So satisfying.

Just adding up

You forgot the pre H
idden village
which have different Items before R
om
Upper Cathedral ward is the most missable if you dont find the key in the U
nseen Village
Back Entrance of Losefka Clinic
And the hidden elevator in M
ensis Nightmare

Ah yeah. I was just counting the more major ones but those count too

Saint9806

After 95 hours, 2 playthroughs, and level 115, I finally have all 3 endings. The
Moon Presence fight was really fun.
I just have to finish up the Chalice dungeons to get my first ever platinum. Can't wait for the DLC to be announced.

What level do you think you'll need to be for the DLC? I have a save file on the USB at the beginning of mensis where I'm level 62 I think, or should I make one now that I just have the final boss at level 74?

I'm on a new character and it's still a challenge. Blood Starved Beast was such a pain in the ass. Ended up summoning insane bro Alfred, which was interesting, dude did shit damage to BSB for some odd reason. He died during the third phase so I had to solo the rest. I'm legit shocked people do no level up runs in this game.

What level do you think you'll need to be for the DLC? I have a save file on the USB at the beginning of mensis where I'm level 62 I think, or should I make one now that I just have the final boss at level 74?

Probably around 60 and 70, saying this, the dlc would have some overpowered enemies to be "harder" than the base game.

I'm on a new character and it's still a challenge. Blood Starved Beast was such a pain in the ass. Ended up summoning insane bro Alfred, which was interesting, dude did shit damage to BSB for some odd reason. He died during the third phase so I had to solo the rest. I'm legit shocked people do no level up runs in this game.

Alfred bro is more like a tank rather than using him to do damage, game allows you to move faster so and cancel some frame so you can evade mostly instantly during attacks.

ZeroRay

Probably gonna start a new char for the DLC playthrough.

From all the rumblings, it seems it will have a lot of content.

Alfred bro is more like a tank rather than using him to do damage, game allows you to move faster so and cancel some frame so you can evade mostly instantly during attacks.
This is true. I'm just kind of surprised that I'm employing strategies that are different than what I did the first time I played this. Did the first chalice dungeon layer and it was still some what challenging...then again I think I was way lower this time than the first time. Beat the Undead Giant this time by not locking on and rolling all over the place, was quite a fun fight. Will need to unlock Cainhurst early so I can get the Reitterpallasch. I can probably do it after I unlock Forgotten Woods, but won't beat it though, just get through enough of Cainhurst to find the god damn thing.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
After 95 hours, 2 playthroughs, and level 115, I finally have all 3 endings. The
Moon Presence fight was really fun.
I just have to finish up the Chalice dungeons to get my first ever platinum. Can't wait for the DLC to be announced.

"Just" he said......, heh.

Chalice is a pain in the arse. Just beat Ailing Loran's BsB in two rounds... holy fuck it was such an intense fight.

Now I am considering to just skipping Abhorrent Beast and Lower Loran Chalice altogether since the only purpose going there is to get Red Jelly to unlock Ihyll but it only requires 4 and I already have 4 due to New Game+ and it is unlockable as a purchasable item once you create Ihyll.

Still have to go through Defiled though..... Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Wait till you fight the Ailing Loran version..........it is perhaps the *only* point in the game I am glad Pungent Blood Cocktails exist, lol... such a pain in the arse fight. So satisfying finishing him up with a 4000-ish damage visceral though.

Wait till you fight the Ailing Loran version..........it is perhaps the *only* point in the game I am glad Pungent Blood Cocktails exist, lol... such a pain in the arse fight. So satisfying finishing him up with a 4000-ish damage visceral though.
That's actually my next Chalice dungeon boss. Fuck, I guess I won't be able to just steamroll his ass on my second try like the Lower Hintertomb version.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
That's actually my next Chalice dungeon boss. Fuck, I guess I won't be able to just steamroll his ass on my second try like the Lower Hintertomb version.

The Lower Hintertomb version was child play compared to Ailing Loran. Even with more than 400 Poison Resist and 50 Vitality, all it takes for Ailing Loran BSB to kill my Hunter was one good grab and that's it--making attempts to parry-visceral her an incredibly dangerous but also incredibly rewarding thing to pull off.

Prepare those cocktails, antidote, poison resist rune, and fire paper man, hahaha. Also those Clawmark Runes... damn that extra 30% visceral damage helped me out a lot.

The Lower Hintertomb version was child play compared to Ailing Loran. Even with more than 400 Poison Resist and 50 Vitality, all it takes for Ailing Loran BSB to kill my Hunter was one good grab and that's it--making attempts to parry-visceral her an incredibly dangerous but also incredibly rewarding thing to pull off.

Prepare those cocktails, antidote, poison resist rune, and fire paper man, hahaha. Also those Clawmark Runes... damn that extra 30% visceral damage helped me out a lot.
Oh god I'm not liking how this sounds. I can't even up my skill since it's already at 50...shit. I should have two Clawmark runes...fire paper ain't even cheap in NG+ I was kind of expecting the prices to go back down, but nope.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Oh god I'm not liking how this sounds. I can't even up my skill since it's already at 50...shit. I should have two Clawmark runes...fire paper ain't even cheap in NG+ I was kind of expecting the prices to go back down, but nope.

Nothing you can do but try it yourself, hahaha. Eh, who knows, maybe you'll have a much easier time against her than me. You can also ask for folks to help you out in Coop :)

My Hunter has 50 Skill and 50 Bloodtinge, I used Level 10 Repeating Pistol + Bone Marrow Ash for some niiice extra damage with Level 10 Whip Threaded Cane as the main weapon. Her relentlessness was the main issue here (therefore Pungent Blood Cocktails), especially that one-hit kill grab, urghhhhhhh--especially since in Ailing Loran there's no pillar that you can hide behind--just you, an open space (that is really not that big), and one crazy poisonous motherfucker, hahaha.

I hate her; I personally consider her as one of the top bosses in terms of intimidation factor, hahaha.

Chalice is a pain in the arse. Just beat Ailing Loran's BsB in two rounds... holy fuck it was such an intense fight.

Now I am considering to just skipping Abhorrent Beast and Lower Loran Chalice altogether since the only purpose going there is to get Red Jelly to unlock Ihyll but it only requires 4 and I already have 4 due to New Game+ and it is unlockable as a purchasable item once you create Ihyll.

Still have to go through Defiled though..... Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Dodge left to win brehs. Blood Starved Beast is actually one of my favorite bosses to fight.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Dodge left to win brehs. Blood Starved Beast is actually one of my favorite bosses to fight.

I won against her already. Took two tries and finished her up with a FUCK YEAH Visceral (I literally yelled out FUCK YEAH, hahaha)

Defiled though................ sighhhhhhhhhhhhh.

The road to that one last Trophy is so full of thorns :////////

I would appreciate if anyone here is willing to coop Defiled together with me to help ease the pain, hahaha, and possibly even all the way through to the last boss of Ihyll. But my GMT +7 timezone though....... sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

myco666

I won against her already. Took two tries and finished her up with a FUCK YEAH Visceral (I literally yelled out FUCK YEAH, hahaha)

I would appreciate if anyone here is willing to coop Defiled together with me to help ease the pain, hahaha, and possibly even all the way through to the last boss of Ihyll. But my GMT +7 timezone though....... sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I would like to help but not sure if I can due to your timezone. Can you play after about 7hours?

The chalice after Defiled is not easier unfortunately. I can help you with all bosses.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I would like to help but not sure if I can due to your timezone. Can you play after about 7hours?

The chalice after Defiled is not easier unfortunately. I can help you with all bosses.

I'll play approximately 7-8 hours from now, since in my timezone that would mean around 9-10 PM-ish. Barring any extraordinary circumstances (like my Internet copping out for example), that is usually my time of play :)

Melchiah

You can skip it via this method.

I though the Ailing Loran BSB was pretty easy, even with below 300 poison resistance. I didn't use antidotes, pungent blood cocktails, or fire paper, just parry & viceral attacks. I did have some trouble with getting the timing right, and evading his charge, but beat him on the second try.

Here's a video of the fight:
https://youtu.be/8frwISFdrZI

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
You can skip it via this method.

I though the Ailing Loran BSB was pretty easy, even with below 300 poison resistance. I didn't use antidotes, pungent blood cocktails, or fire paper, just parry & viceral attacks. I did have some trouble with getting the timing right, and evading his charge, but beat him on the second try.

Here's a video of the fight:
https://youtu.be/8frwISFdrZI

I also beat her on my second try :) With Visceral as well. I do consider it much harder than the Hintertomb/Main Game version however, due to the degree of the damage she can cause.

Oh, and I also know about the skipping method... but I want to do it "properly" if I can. I'd feel bad using that, I just know it.

Okay. I should be able to help at that time.

Thank you! I'll try beating the dungeon on my own first, but if I feel it is too much, I will ask for help :)

Melchiah

I also beat her on my second try :) With Visceral as well. I do consider it much harder than the Hintertomb/Main Game version however, due to the degree of the damage she can cause.

Oh, and I also know about the skipping method... but I want to do it "properly" if I can. I'd feel bad using that, I just know it.

Yeah, it's definitely harder than the one in Hintertomb. I haven't yet faced BSB on NG+, as I'm going to Old Yharnam vie a different route, but it was pretty hard for me on the first playthrough. Its aggressiveness and the poison effect were really intimidating at the time.
EDIT: I was actually surprised, that the Ailing Loran BSB didn't seem to be as aggressive, or perhaps it just felt like so compared to the beginning stages of the game, where I was more intimidated by everything. ;)

I completely understand, and I would have done so myself as well, if there wasn't a health handicap. I just wanted to face the last boss, and get the item from it, which I suspect might have some use in the DLC.

Are the later Chalice Dungeons even doable alone? According to the guide it is strongly recommended to do them in Coop and even then you have to have a really high level.

Have to say that the Chalice Dungeons really tainted this great game for me. I kind want to beat them to get all the weapons and trophies but I really hate the fact that I have to grind levels for this....

Does the Chalice Dungeons difficulty scale in NG+? That is the only way I could imagine doing the later dungeons as I don't want to farm echos for another 70 levels or so...

Arjen

Are the later Chalice Dungeons even doable alone? According to the guide it is strongly recommended to do them in Coop and even then you have to have a really high level.

Have to say that the Chalice Dungeons really tainted this great game for me. I kind want to beat them to get all the weapons and trophies but I really hate the fact that I have to grind levels for this....

Does the Chalice Dungeons difficulty scale in NG+? That is the only way I could imagine doing the later dungeons as I don't want to farm echos for another 70 levels or so...

Defiled is pretty hard but totally doable. I'm not the best player but I managed just fine alone.
They don't scale with NG+

Melchiah

I cleared Ailing Loran (sans Abhorrent Beast), Isz, and all the preceding ones alone, but went through Ihyll on co-op. Pthumerian Descendant was just too tough for me on solo, and even on co-op it took two tries to beat him. I haven't been to Lower Ailing Loran due to not beating AB, so can't say about that. Defiled was definitely too much for me due to its health handicap, which is why I skipped it.

I finished the main game at level 100, and now that I've gone through the dungeons, and past Vicar Amelia on NG+, I'm at level 171. Between those levels I certainly found most of the chalices doable alone. You don't need to farm echoes to level up, as you get plenty of them in the chalices by just going forward.

The chalices don't scale with NG+, like the poster above me said.

Mets39

Man, that
Watchdog boss fight
in the Defiled chalice is driving me insane! Those one hit kill :( i tried like twenty times and i'm not anywhere near close to beat him even though i have his patterns and weak point (his front knees) in mind.

I might try that random summoning trick :p

Arjen

How hard are the bosses in the IsZ chalices?

I think I'm on the last Loran chalice fighting the Elder. I'm on NG+ lvl 80.

Easy,
Ebrietas might give you trouble though, but he's the last boss, so no need to kill him if you're just doing it for the mats

Melchiah

How hard are the bosses in the IsZ chalices?

I think I'm on the last Loran chalice fighting the Elder. I'm on NG+ lvl 80.

Isz bosses:
Brainsucker
Celestial Emissary (with just himself)
Ebrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos

I thought the last one would be a pain in the ass, as it was the hardest boss for me in the main game, but I managed to beat it on my first try, IIRC. The second was harder than the one in the main game though. I think the hardest part of Isz was a certain room, which had
three brainsuckers, two laser shooting celestial beings, and two werewolves.
Took me several tries to clear it.

EDIT: Be prepared to have a plenty of fire/bolt paper for both the bosses and the smaller foes.

Saint9806

Yea.... "Just" was probably a bad word choice. Lol

dralla

I actually went into the chalice dungeon for the first time. I'm level 125ish? I'n on NG+. I was one shotting everything and it was boring. I can just jump ahead to the more difficult ones, is Loran?

Melchiah

Are those glyphs still active? I don't want to skip the defiled dungeons 'cause I'm having a blast doing the other chalice dungeons right now but I heard horrible things about them.
Plus having options is always nice

They were about a month ago. I dunno if it's tied to the original host, but if I still have access to the Ihyll chalice I could invite you for a co-op. Just PM me, if the health handicap in Defiled feels too punishing, and we'll see how it is.

EDIT:
I actually went into the chalice dungeon for the first time. I'm level 125ish? I'n on NG+. I was one shotting everything and it was boring. I can just jump ahead to the more difficult ones, is Loran?

You have to get the materials from the preceding chalices, but I guess you could try the same method as few posts above, and try to find a co-op player in Loran.

Are those glyphs still active? I don't want to skip the defiled dungeons 'cause I'm having a blast doing the other chalice dungeons right now but I heard horrible things about them.
Plus having options is always nice
I can also help you out if required. Kinda rusty but I should be fine. The defiled dungeons are actually my favorites :p Just sent me a party invite/ PSN msg if you see me online and if you need help as well!

myco666

Thank you! I'll try beating the dungeon on my own first, but if I feel it is too much, I will ask for help :)

Yeah I understand.

I did all Chalices solo and I would say they are pretty manageable. Aside from two defiled chalice bosses they aren't that bad. Also you will get enough echoes to keep leveling from later chalices so no need for farming or grinding.

I'll play approximately 7-8 hours from now, since in my timezone that would mean around 9-10 PM-ish. Barring any extraordinary circumstances (like my Internet copping out for example), that is usually my time of play :)
Just look at my profile name for my PSN when you need it.

I did every chalice solo. But many deaths were acquired doing it so it is not easy by any stretch of the imagination. Defiled wasn't too bad; patience is required and the damage enemies deal is slightly reduced to compensate for half health. The Pthumerian Descendant is probably the biggest bitch I faced. I nearly gave up before I got the hang of him.

Soulhouf

They require practice but they are doable.
I'm not the best player but I managed to beat all the Chalices level 62 first time.

And I'm 171. Brofist to Yosh from another overleveler.
Seeing his stats just make me want to pump more points into strength on my NG+ character. I highly doubt I'm going to be doing much PVP any way so why not. Just watching that PS Underground footage makes me realize why I always cane the Watchdog. I never fought the Defiled version, but every time I fought the regular version I used the cane and won. Yosp loaded up a depth 5 short root chalice, Dafuq at the flaming Temple of Doom boulder!!!!

pixxxelz

They were about a month ago. I dunno if it's tied to the original host, but if I still have access to the Ihyll chalice I could invite you for a co-op. Just PM me, if the health handicap in Defiled feels too punishing, and we'll see how it is.

I can also help you out if required. Kinda rusty but I should be fine. The defiled dungeons are actually my favorites :p Just sent me a party invite/ PSN msg if you see me online and if you need help as well!

Thanks guys, I don't know how long is going to be before I start doing the defiled dungeons though, I want to finish all the other ones first and so far I've only done hintertomb and pthumeru (the easiest ones:p)

Seeing his stats just make me want to pump more points into strength on my NG+ character. I highly doubt I'm going to be doing much PVP any way so why not. Just watching that PS Underground footage makes me realize why I always cane the Watchdog. I never fought the Defiled version, but every time I fought the regular version I used the cane and won. Yosp loaded up a depth 5 short root chalice, Dafuq at the flaming Temple of Doom boulder!!!!
I still find matches at level 170, granted you have to be in one of the Nightmare areas or Yahargul. But it's still doable.

The Chalice Dungeons are totally doable alone. I have yet to play the game online and have the
Yharnam
trophy. If you want more levels, it's not too hard to get to Isz, and the default Isz dungeon has a ridiculously good farming spot for Echoes.

The Chalice Dungeons are totally doable alone. I have yet to play the game online and have the
Yharnam
trophy. If you want more levels, it's not too hard to get to Isz, and the default Isz dungeon has a ridiculously good farming spot for Echoes.

Did most of them alone, ended hitting 120 level lol

Top Bottom