• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

cyber_ninja

I could use some help with Amygdala in chalice dungeon and looking for some GAF friends in general. Shoot me a friend request. ID is cyberninja. I'm level 124 btw. Would love to help out fellow hunters as well.

I am at the dungeon where you beat yharnam, is it possible for me to finde people there or do I have to do this on my own ? I already beat the first boss.

The
unseen village
or whatever its called is the most poorly designed area in the game. I love the aesthetics and everything but the respawning enemies are just awful (that goes for every game) I can look past that to a certain extent, what I can't look past are the borderline unplayable framerates. I understand there is a lot going on when it's me and my brother versus 3 hunters for example but it turned into a slideshow and we died countless amounts of times because it became a shit show. You can't play a game like this message when you are dropping below 10 fps. It got to a point where I just went in by myself to chip away at their health and when I died I repeated the process.

Still thankfully we got past that area and are back to enjoying the game.

Saint9806

I could use some help with Amygdala in chalice dungeon and looking for some GAF friends in general. Shoot me a friend request. ID is cyberninja. I'm level 124 btw. Would love to help out fellow hunters as well.

I need help with the same exact boss!!! I'm level 129 I believe. Send me a friend request : Saint9806. I can get on tonight around 10pm or so. If not, tomorrow night will work as well. Let me know.

myco666

The
unseen village
or whatever its called is the most poorly designed area in the game. I love the aesthetics and everything but the respawning enemies are just awful (that goes for every game) I can look past that to a certain extent, what I can't look past are the borderline unplayable framerates. I understand there is a lot going on when it's me and my brother versus 3 hunters for example but it turned into a slideshow and we died countless amounts of times because it became a shit show. You can't play a game like this message when you are dropping below 10 fps. It got to a point where I just went in by myself to chip away at their health and when I died I repeated the process.

I found the respawning enemies to be interesting change on how to deal with encounters. Never had framerate problems in that area either. Massive slowdowns occasionally though but I don't really mind that.

Shari

Quick question fellas. I've got a friend who's buying PSN today so we can play a few games together and we both got bloodborne.

The issue is he finished the game back when it was released and he started a new game +, while I am halfway through the game.

Him coming to were I am atm is out of the question since he just started new game + but I was thinking if it'll be possible to go back myself and be summoned to help him so he can "catch up" (Again, in ng+).

Is this feasible at all? He should be around lvl 80-90 and me around 40, but I dont think that matters anymore with the auto-scaling.

Thanks in advance guys!

The
unseen village

Just my two cents on this man, if after being match with your brother you "silence the bell" so you dont look for anymore players that should help a great deal with framerate I've been told.

I found the respawning enemies to be interesting change on how to deal with encounters. Never had framerate problems in that area either. Massive slowdowns occasionally though but I don't really mind that.

It wasn't too bad, we could live with it just I am not a fan of it in any game. The framerate on the other hand just shat the bed, it got to a point where we were taking damage we had no earthly chance of dodging due to the amount of stuttering there was.

Just my two cents on this man, if after being match with your brother you "silence the bell" so you dont look for anymore players that should help a great deal with framerate I've been told.

Online in general since the latest patch has been a little dodgy, it was going fine before but since the patch we've had lag problems and the like. I knew that tip but there wasn't really any need to use it as it was fine but I guess today we will try that out and see if it helps improve anything.

I need help with the same exact boss!!! I'm level 129 I believe. Send me a friend request : Saint9806. I can get on tonight around 10pm or so. If not, tomorrow night will work as well. Let me know.

I need help with it too lol. We should team up.

myco666

Quick question fellas. I've got a friend who's buying PSN today so we can play a few games together and we both got bloodborne.

The issue is he finished the game back when it was released and he started a new game +, while I am halfway through the game.

Him coming to were I am atm is out of the question since he just started new game + but I was thinking if it'll be possible to go back myself and be summoned to help him so he can "catch up" (Again, in ng+).

Is this feasible at all? He should be around lvl 80-90 and me around 40, but I dont think that matters anymore with the auto-scaling.

Thanks in advance guys!

Well if you don't have +10 weapons with good gems it might not be a good idea. Not really sure though how it works now though if you summon someone below your level. But you can always try. Also your friend could easily do a new character and catch up to you in NG in few hours.

It wasn't too bad, we could live with it just I am not a fan of it in any game. The framerate on the other hand just shat the bed, it got to a point where we were taking damage we had no earthly chance of dodging due to the amount of stuttering there was.

Probably has something to do with playing in coop since that seems to drop the framerate.

Shari

Well if you don't have +10 weapons with good gems it might not be a good idea. Not really sure though how it works now though if you summon someone below your level. But you can always try. Also your friend could easily do a new character and catch up to you in NG in few hours.

Yeh, that's what I was fearing :C My weapons are +6 and I dont think I would be in a position to help whatsoever.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I'm available right now for few hours if anyone wants help? Sorry that I usually offer my help at these hours since I am GMT plus 7.

I can help pretty much anywhere except maybe Lower Ailing Loran since I skipped it in my platinum run.

Shari

Can anyone tell me if in new game plus you actually have to pick up again the
letter in iosefka's to go to cainhurst?
can you access straight away with your letter from new game?

Thanks in advance!

I'm available right now for few hours if anyone wants help? Sorry that I usually offer my help at these hours since I am GMT plus 7.

I can help pretty much anywhere except maybe Lower Ailing Loran since I skipped it in my platinum run.
How or why did you skip it? It's not even that hard so far, I beat the first two bosses and only have the bigger version of Paarl to beat if I'm not mistaken. Abhorrent Beast must really be a boss that goes against your play style.
Can anyone tell me if in new game plus you actually have to pick up again the
letter in iosefka's to go to cainhurst?
can you access straight away with your letter from new game?

Thanks in advance!
You have to unlock everything all over again as if it was your first time playing.

Fuck, this game is really not helpful/friendly when trying to coop.
Depending on what your level is like it doesn't really take that long to unlock everything. You could probably get to Cainhurst in a couple of hours. You just have to beat Gascoigne, BSB, Witches and Amelia and spend like 5 minutes in the Woods if you know exactly where to go to get to Iosefka's Clinic.

Shari

Depending on what your level is like it doesn't really take that long to unlock everything. You could probably get to Cainhurst in a couple of hours. You just have to beat Gascoigne, BSB, Witches and Amelia and spend like 5 minutes in the Woods if you know exactly where to go to get to Iosefka's Clinic.

That's what I've told my friend, I forgot somehow about BSB tho :C

And I dont think he has to do Witches, as the crossing is before the actual boss fight (maybe cinematic wont show up until zone boss is defeated?).

In any case is pretty annoying that either of us has to do all these things to be able to play together.

That's what I've told my friend, I forgot somehow about BSB tho :C

And I dont think he has to do Witches, as the crossing is before the actual boss fight (maybe cinematic wont show up until zone boss is defeated?).

In any case is pretty annoying that either of us has to do all these things to be able to play together.
To get to Cainhurst you have to do the witches because the carriage that comes at that monument will not come until they're dead. I tried very recently to get to Cainhurst as fast as possible. You need to kill the Witches.

Nuke Soda

Well I finally beat Darkbeast Paarl with a random hunter, going slow, but I will beat this freaking game unlike Dark Souls 1 and 2. Really love the style and atmosphere of this game.

ramyeon

Kind of shocked how easy the last couple of bosses have been. The Unseen Village was such a pain in the arse area (Those 3 hunters in the chapel gave me a run for my money until I was finally able to separate them for a bit) but The One Reborn was such a pushover in comparison. Same for Nightmare Frontier and Amygdala (The only hard part of which was the weird camera behaviour in that fight).

Never would've thought I platinum any game, but it happened.

201507171116180eloc.jpg

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Guys I'm still on my first playthrough. Just got in the nightmare of mensis.
Feel free to add me: nortonff

Kind of shocked how easy the last couple of bosses have been. The Unseen Village was such a pain in the arse area (Those 3 hunters in the chapel gave me a run for my money until I was finally able to separate them for a bit) but The One Reborn was such a pushover in comparison. Same for Nightmare Frontier and Amygdala (The only hard part of which was the weird camera behaviour in that fight).

Wait till you go to the dungeons and fight the second last or last boss.

Try some of the chalice bosses and say that with a straight face.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Beat the game last night.
Easily one of the best games i've ever played, the level design is absolutely superb.
Gonna play challice dungeons now.

Yeah I experienced the same imbalance in Unseen Village -- very frustrating area, absurdly easy boss. Sadly the next couple bosses will be equally disappointing, but don't worry. You'll most likely still be treated to one more fantastic boss fight (depending on a certain choice you make). There are also a couple pretty great optional bosses in
Cainhurst Castle
and
Upper Cathedral Ward

ramyeon

Yeah I experienced the same imbalance in Unseen Village -- very frustrating area, absurdly easy boss. Sadly the next couple bosses will be equally disappointing, but don't worry. You'll most likely still be treated to one more fantastic boss fight (depending on a certain choice you make). There are also a couple pretty great optional bosses in
Cainhurst Castle
and
Upper Cathedral Ward
Matyr Logarius was fantastic, one of the better boss fights so far. Just got the key for that second area in the Unseen Village so I'll probably head there next!
Try some of the chalice bosses and say that with a straight face.

Wait till you go to the dungeons and fight the second last or last boss.
Haha yes guys, I've been told over and over that the Chalice stuff is harder. Give me time, this time a week or two ago I'd never played a Souls game. I'll get to them eventually, I just like to discuss my play through as I go that's all.

So my brother and I are coming up to the 'end' of the game and I just have some questions, I don't mind being spoiled I already know what happens I just want to make sure my brother has a good time.

So spoilers for pretty much all end game stuff,
So we are just about to do the area with the wet nurse boss after that is essentially the end of the game. If we fight Gerhmann and kill him can we continue on without New game+? or does it stick you straight into NG+? I just want to know because we have to do some optional areas still and the Chalice Dungeons. Also I read about an ending with Umbilical cords? Can we get the Gehrmann ending and the moon ending?

mulac

3 trophies away from the platinum...

Hunter's Essence
Yharnam, Pthumerian Queen
Blood Gem Master

Spent about 2 hours today farming to level up and upgrade weapons...now sitting at 50/50/40/40/18/12 and jsing saw cleaver at +10, second weapon as chikage +7 (need chunks good place to farm??) AND Evelyn up to +7.

There is something theraputic in this game at simple farming!

Done the first 2 Gerhman endings and eaten 3 cords but holding off the final fight till i have attacked the chalices.

Did the first Pthumeru 3 layers easily tonight then went to start the Central Pthumeru area but nope! Need level2 ritual blood.

So i guess just go farm from the first Pthumeru dungeon, right?

Also any suggestions on where to grab Blood Chunks as i really want Chikage and Evelyn at +9 before starting new game plus.

I have only 7 insight because stupidly spent it!

I am obsessed sith this game...

So my brother and I are coming up to the 'end' of the game and I just have some questions, I don't mind being spoiled I already know what happens I just want to make sure my brother has a good time.

So spoilers for pretty much all end game stuff,
So we are just about to do the area with the wet nurse boss after that is essentially the end of the game. If we fight Gerhmann and kill him can we continue on without New game+? or does it stick you straight into NG+? I just want to know because we have to do some optional areas still and the Chalice Dungeons. Also I read about an ending with Umbilical cords? Can we get the Gehrmann ending and the moon ending?
After you beat the game you're thrown into new game + so do whatever side stuff you want before the last fight.
Regarding the endings you can either choose to not fight Gherman, fight him or fight him after eating the umbilical cords to trigger Moon Presence. I ate them right before fighting Gherman so as long as you eat three of them Moon Presence will come. You can still do the chalice dungeons in NG+ because your materials for them carries over and they don't scale with NG+ either. There's a cloud save trick to get all three endings in one play through.
3 trophies away from the platinum...

Hunter's Essence
Yharnam, Pthumerian Queen
Blood Gem Master

Spent about 2 hours today farming to level up and upgrade weapons...now sitting at 50/50/40/40/18/12 and jsing saw cleaver at +10, second weapon as chikage +7 (need chunks good place to farm??) AND Evelyn up to +7.

There is something theraputic in this game at simple farming!

Done the first 2 Gerhman endings and eaten 3 cords but holding off the final fight till i have attacked the chalices.

Did the first Pthumeru 3 layers easily tonight then went to start the Central Pthumeru area but nope! Need level2 ritual blood.

So i guess just go farm from the first Pthumeru dungeon, right?

Also any suggestions on where to grab Blood Chunks as i really want Chikage and Evelyn at +9 before starting new game plus.

I have only 7 insight because stupidly spent it!

I am obsessed sith this game...
If you're using Chikage with only 18 bloodtinge you're not even utilizing the full potential of the weapon. It's actually a really good skill weapon, but the power of it is also really in it's transformed mode, which scales to bloodtinge. Chunks you can find off the blue eyed wolves in Upper Cathedral Ward or randomly off the gargoyles in Cainhurst, either way it's a rare drop. You can get them in the later chalices as well as a drop, but don't ask me which ones. I've beaten Lower Ailing Loran without seeing a single one so far.

After you beat the game you're thrown into new game + so do whatever side stuff you want before the last fight.
Regarding the endings you can either choose to not fight Gherman, fight him or fight him after eating the umbilical cords to trigger Moon Presence. I ate them right before fighting Gherman so as long as you eat three of them Moon Presence will come. You can still do the chalice dungeons in NG+ because your materials for them carries over and they don't scale with NG+ either. There's a cloud save trick to get all three endings in one play through.

So it is possible to fight Gherman and the Moon Presence in one playthrough, as long as you eat the cords before you fight him? Not including this save trick

Top Bottom