• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Oh fucking christ that sounds painful. I can deal with those separately, but in the same room? FUCK! I'd have to go after the maidens, run around the fucking room to space shit out, kill the other maiden, run around the room, stun lock kill a werewolf and then kill the other or something, that just sounds sadistic.

Nah it's not as bad as it sounds. It's just two maidens and one werewolf lol, and the dude blocks the way to the maidens that spam the spiders like no tomorrow so good luck with that! Lol.

I'm loving that Reckfast playthrough he is doing at the moment and the Dark Souls lore one, he is such an interesting guy to listen to, i've only known about him the last few months so it's been great to catch up on all his older vids, I don't know Kay plays, i'll have to look out for that channel.
This little lady. Her first one was Dark Souls and she's going in full blind and she's really over thinking certain aspects of it, it's fun though.
Kay Plays She eventually starts getting better at them. I saw her play some Demons Souls later on and she's a lot more comfortable than her earlier Dark Souls vids, though I heard that she eventually starts getting way better at some point in those too.
Nah it's not as bad as it sounds. It's just two maidens and one werewolf lol, and the dude blocks the way to the maidens that spam the spiders like no tomorrow so good luck with that! Lol.
I'd like to think I'll eventually figure something out when I get to that point. Werewolves can easily be stun locked by the BoM so hopefully that'll work. I find it quite funny how you and I always defend the Threaded Cane in the beginners thread.

This little lady. Her first one was Dark Souls and she's going in full blind and she's really over thinking certain aspects of it, it's fun though.
Kay Plays She eventually starts getting better at them. I saw her play some Demons Souls later on and she's a lot more comfortable than her earlier Dark Souls vids, though I heard that she eventually starts getting way better at some point in those too.

Great stuff, thanks for that, I never thought I would enjoy watching people play games but I've found it really enhances certain games, especially the Souls ones and it makes my plays more interesting for some reason.

Great stuff, thanks for that, I never thought I would enjoy watching people play games but I've found it really enhances certain games, especially the Souls ones and it makes my plays more interesting for some reason.
It's really interesting seeing how other people play these things cause they use completely different weapons from me, also shows you that the weapons you ignore are actually good weapons. I didn't even bother with the Reiterpallasch the first time by ENB showed me that it's a good weapon in his walkthrough. Watching the play throughs is also a good way to pass the time at work, as long as they're not half insane like PewDiePie.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

I'd like to think I'll eventually figure something out when I get to that point. Werewolves can easily be stun locked by the BoM so hopefully that'll work. I find it quite funny how you and I always defend the Threaded Cane in the beginners thread.

Can't believe that guy has the audacity to call Threaded Cane 100% worthless SMH.

It's really interesting seeing how other people play these things cause they use completely different weapons from me, also shows you that the weapons you ignore are actually good weapons. I didn't even bother with the Reiterpallasch the first time by ENB showed me that it's a good weapon in his walkthrough. Watching the play throughs is also a good way to pass the time at work, as long as they're not half insane like PewDiePie.

I plan on doing another BB run at some point and will use different weapons, I pretty much used the standard Saw Cleaver to a point then got the Holy Blade which was fine as I didn't know any better but next time through I will certainly mix it up a bit now I know more about it, it's the same approach i'm taking to DS2, i'm usually a sword and board man and I never parry either (mostly because my timing is terrible!) but i'm making an effort to try some 2 handed and also learn to parry as well, it's a good challenge if nothing else!

I plan on doing another BB run at some point and will use different weapons, I pretty much used the standard Saw Cleaver to a point then got the Holy Blade which was fine as I didn't know any better but next time through I will certainly mix it up a bit now I know more about it, it's the same approach i'm taking to DS2, i'm usually a sword and board man and I never parry either (mostly because my timing is terrible!) but i'm making an effort to try some 2 handed and also learn to parry as well, it's a good challenge if nothing else!
Yeah compared to a lot of other Bloodborne players my build is a bit weird weapons wise. Second character is Reiterpallasch and Chikage and it's pretty damn good actually I tried and like the LHB, but I just couldn't use that thing forever. Laughing Banana I have no idea why people think the Cane is a crap weapon, I've beaten most of the game with that weapon, shit's legit. As long as you put points into skill and make use of the range of the whip and know it's strengths you can beat any boss with it. yeah it starts off rocky, but that's only in the beginning and it doesn't even last that long to be honest. You can't use it like a power charge weapon.

the threaded cane is one of my favorite items in any videogame
utpmLS179CTyvyPSQgCJqi7AIk-6U4CErQ63xehDvAFtB47v1Fy3LhcTyLkzNhEwxomyqYsIUUqWaXGGu8_30AE1tIe-j_kxdpr0sOZTRBBGlZJBuG-9ThANiuufz8pM2A

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
They "fixed" the bug with Shortroot where you can get into dungeons you can't unlock. Passworded coop scales to the host's level now. Cancelling beckoning bell gives you back your insight.

Nice!

Random question, is it worth going through every Chalice? Or shall I just skip the easy ones I have?

-Horizon-

Gonna ask here as well, has anyone else experienced an issue where the options button becomes unresponsive for a while during the game? I tried switching out weapons and pressed the button but nothing happened until later when I tried again.

Can't believe that guy has the audacity to call Threaded Cane 100% worthless SMH.
Threaded cane is trash. It's nothing but a mistake.
They "fixed" the bug with Shortroot where you can get into dungeons you can't unlock. Passworded coop scales to the host's level now. Cancelling beckoning bell gives you back your insight.
I'll miss going into a NG world at level 175 and absolutely annihilating the Cleric Beast and every other boss.

Deku Tree

I'm up to the defiled chalice level 2 and I'm in the public defiled chalice from that BB wiki site. Took a long break. Loaded into that area yesterday and tried to summon some help for the boss. Got none after waiting a while. I think I'm gonna give up on the BB plat.

Melchiah

Oh fucking christ that sounds painful. I can deal with those separately, but in the same room? FUCK! I'd have to go after the maidens, run around the fucking room to space shit out, kill the other maiden, run around the room, stun lock kill a werewolf and then kill the other or something, that just sounds sadistic.

Cleared it, and it wasn't even necessary. There was nothing of value in the room. Goddammit! So, if you stumble onto it in the 2nd layer of [edit: Lower] Ailing Loran, just skip it. On a side note, just beat another Abhorrent Beast. This time using mostly Evelyn and Bone Marrow Ash, followed by few poison knives. It was harder than the first fight, because the room was more narrow.

Anybody want to coop the Lower Ailing Abhorrent Beast? I hate this fucking thing...I technically killed him, in a soon to upload video but we died at the same fucking time and I Just can't with this guy anymore.
Fuck the Abhorrent Beast!!!!!
I can't help right now but Ludwig's Holy Blade is awesome for this fight. Use his aggressiveness against him and use R2 char. He'll always go into it. Dodge his attacks as necessary and keep doing this.

I can't help right now but Ludwig's Holy Blade is awesome for this fight. Use his aggressiveness against him and use R2 char. He'll always go into it. Dodge his attacks as necessary and keep doing this.
Technically that's my weakest weapon. It's +6 and everything else is way above that. Apparently if I put the right gems on it it out attacks my +8 Burial Blade, seriously? Even with that it still did less damage on him than my Burial Blade.
Edit: I killed him, I fucking killed him EAT MY DICK YOU ABHORRENT BASTARD!!!!!!!
Motherfucka DEAD!!!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Technically that's my weakest weapon. It's +6 and everything else is way above that. Apparently if I put the right gems on it it out attacks my +8 Burial Blade, seriously? Even with that it still did less damage on him than my Burial Blade.
Edit: I killed him, I fucking killed him EAT MY DICK YOU ABHORRENT BASTARD!!!!!!!
Motherfucka DEAD!!!

Repeating Pistol +10, Blood Marrow Ash, 50 Bloodtinge.

Couldn't believe myself how easy it was to bring him down using this setup. Just face him from the front, shoot, jump back, repeat. Really, I only needed to swung my weapon two or three times total during the whole fight. I didn't even use Poison Knives even though I prepared it in a slot just in case.

Couldn't believe myself how easy it was to bring him down using this setup. Just face him from the front, shoot, jump back, repeat. Really, I only needed to swung my weapon two or three times total during the whole fight. I didn't even use Poison Knives even though I prepared it in a slot just in case.
Damn your play through with that character must have been like a Demons Souls run with Soul Arrow.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Damn your play through with that character must have been like a Demons Souls run with Soul Arrow.

Hahaha, never played Demon's Souls so I wouldn't know.

Not quite though, there are times when it could be difficult, and I played two playthrough through the main game to get the second Blood Rock to fully powered up my Repeating Pistol.

It's fantastic against stuff like Bloodletting Beast (damn he was sooo easy, lol), Abhorrent Beast, Amygdala (defiled included partnered with Pimp Cane), etc etc; basically large dudes, but nimble humanoid opponents--like that blasted Pthumerian Descendant--can still be a pain in the arse and I tend to use Blunderbuss instead against those folks.

Hahaha, never played Demon's Souls so I wouldn't know.

Not quite though, there are times when it could be difficult, and I played two playthrough through the main game to get the second Blood Rock to fully powered up my Repeating Pistol.

It's fantastic against stuff like Bloodletting Beast (damn he was sooo easy, lol), Abhorrent Beast, Amygdala (defiled included partnered with Pimp Cane), etc etc; basically large dudes, but nimble humanoid opponents--like that blasted Pthumerian Descendant--can still be a pain in the arse and I tend to use Blunderbuss instead against those folks.
With my second play through I still have no idea what to +10. It'll either by my +9 Blades of Mercy or my +8 Burial Blade. I love both weapons for certain situations and I already +10'd the pimp cane. Not to mention my second character oy...this game took over my life and I have other games I need to play.

mulac

So after 52hrs (according to the stat screen) playing the story single player I've finally done two of the endings with Gerham - last night before calling it a day I used the three umbilical cords and going to go for the moon presence ending before hitting NG+ and going for the Plat.

My questions are thus:

1. The only boss I havent beaten is Ebrietas - should i go for her BEFORE my third encounter with Gerham?

2. Should I spend time farming and level stats up to 40 on health/endurance/strength before continuining (currently sitting at 32 on all three plus 30 on skill, havent really touched arcane or bloodtinge) - suggestions?

3. Not gone anywhere near the chalice dungeous as was saving them - i dont mind grinding or faming though so not concerned with some comments about them...

4. How easy is it to get all weapons to +10? I've played the game pretty much exclusively with Saw Cleaver (+9) and Blunderbuss (+5) ocassionally using LHB (+9)

5. Do blood echoes become more abundant in NG+ so making it easier to uplevel etc? I'm happy running through the Mergo Middle section to get +60 echoes each run but...

So there you go :) Excited about launching into the Platinum Hunt!

So after 52hrs (according to the stat screen) playing the story single player I've finally done two of the endings with Gerham - last night before calling it a day I used the three umbilical cords and going to go for the moon presence ending before hitting NG+ and going for the Plat.

My questions are thus:

1. The only boss I havent beaten is Ebrietas - should i go for her BEFORE my third encounter with Gerham?

2. Should I spend time farming and level stats up to 40 on health/endurance/strength before continuining (currently sitting at 32 on all three plus 30 on skill, havent really touched arcane or bloodtinge) - suggestions?

3. Not gone anywhere near the chalice dungeous as was saving them - i dont mind grinding or faming though so not concerned with some comments about them...

4. How easy is it to get all weapons to +10? I've played the game pretty much exclusively with Saw Cleaver (+9) and Blunderbuss (+5) ocassionally using LHB (+9)

5. Do blood echoes become more abundant in NG+ so making it easier to uplevel etc? I'm happy running through the Mergo Middle section to get +60 echoes each run but...

1. Yes, do it before Gehrman. It takes a long time to access that fight, so I would just do it now instead of waiting until NG+.

2. Those sound pretty high already. I don't think it's necessary to farm. Just keep progressing, and level naturally.

3. Just a heads up, depths 1 and 2 dungeons will be ridiculously easy for you at this point. Depth 3 should be a decent challenge. The tough stuff will come at depths 4 and 5.

4. I don't think that's feasible. I only got 3 blood rocks across NG and NG+. So use them wisely for you favorite weapons. Have you gotten a blood rock yet? There is one in Nightmare of Mensis.

5. Yep, the enemies get harder, so they drop more echoes.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

My questions are thus:

1. Just to be safe, yes, unless you want to through all the NG+ again to reach the point where you can access her.

2. Generally speaking it's a good idea to up your vitality and an offensive stat of your choosing (barring Arcane) to 50. Endurance at 40 is not a necessity, but mostly just a convenience. 35 or even 30 is more than enough, especially if you use skill weapons.

3. The chalice dungeon doesn't scale during successive playthroughs so don't worry about it.

4. You should be able to get one blood rock per playthrough. Check around the Nightmare of Mensis area. As for the Blood Rock gained from Chalice, they are dropped by bosses and/or treasure chests on level 5 depth chalice only, so chances are the point where you can farm them from chalice is the point where you have gone past platinum already. So just assume you can only max 2-3 weapons if you're aiming just for platinum.

5. Yes, considerably so, making leveling up and especially purchasing stuff much easier.

mulac

Perfect thanks.
Tonight then me and Daughter of the Cosmos will dance...

One other thing is I missed a few of the questlines - they're not necessary for the plat right?

Heading over to playstationtrophies next!

myco666

Perfect thanks.

One other thing is I missed a few of the questlines - they're not necessary for the plat right?

Some of them give badges so that you can buy new weapons however they also drop them if killed. Other than that they are not neccessary.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Perfect thanks.

Some of them give badges so that you can buy new weapons however they also drop them if killed. Other than that they are not neccessary.

Technically none of the quests in the game are strictly required for Plat since you can find alternate versions of weapons in Chalice and they too work for the Platinum.

Well yeah but that is way harder and time consuming compared to doing the questlines or killing the NPCs.

I just wanted to say thank you for the help. And the Threaded Cane hate is blasphemous, that saved my ass in a boss fight.

PSN is ariesboy_88 for those who want to add me and we can do co-op.

Just recently started playing and for all I hear about Gascoigne he was actually pretty easy to beat. Just spam bullets and stunlock him with the music box. Though I can't help but feel like I took the easy way out of that fight.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I have no idea what to do with my char, my stats are:

Vit: 30
End: 30
Str: 30
Skill: 50
Blood: 30
Arcane: 6

Might just level up blood tinge to 50 and call it a day, as I want to stay around level 150 for co-op. (I believe that is correct?)

I have no idea what to do with my char, my stats are:

Vit: 30
End: 30
Str: 30
Skill: 50
Blood: 30
Arcane: 6

Might just level up blood tinge to 50 and call it a day, as I want to stay around level 150 for co-op. (I believe that is correct?)

50 Vit would be better.

Melchiah

Yeah, I beat the Abhorrent Beast in Lower Ailing Loran with +10 Evelyn, Bone Marrow Ash, 46 Bloodtinge, and few poison knives. I didn't need to use the melee weapon even once.

Top Bottom