• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

ramyeon

So i just have to run past old yaharnam?
Go through the doors after beating Paarl, you'll be in the lower part of Old Yharnam. You can then go up through the Cathedral area with the huge beast hung from the roof and you'll come out right next to the ladder up to Djura.

It doesn't matter if he's been hostile to you at one point in the game. As long as during the time since you last had a load point he hasn't been hostile and you haven't actually fought him directly I believe.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Go through the doors after beating Paarl, you'll be in the lower part of Old Yharnam. You can then go up through the Cathedral area with the huge beast hung from the roof and you'll come out right next to the ladder up to Djura.

My prob is that i dont recall how to get to paarl from the other side =/

ramyeon

My prob is that i dont recall how to get to paarl from the other side =/
Not sure what you mean, there's a lamp in the area you fought Paarl. Or have you not fought him yet? If you're asking whether you have to skip Old Yharnam so that he won't be hostile then no, you can go through normally as long as you don't climb up to fight him. You can then come back later to befriend him, as long as he hasn't shot at you since you last loaded.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Not sure what you mean, there's a lamp in the area you fought Paarl. Or have you not fought him yet? If you're asking whether you have to skip Old Yharnam so that he won't be hostile then no, you can go through normally as long as you don't climb up to fight him. You can then come back later to befriend him, as long as he hasn't shot at you since you last loaded.

Ah. Ok. Thank you.

Lol. I guess you didn't have that much of a problem with frenzy then.

Not so much, Cane is a life saver but still have plenty of painkillers for the job

I killed him the first go around. What is the route to old yhanrnam the other way around?

You need to get abducted by the sackdudes to reach
the prison and go fight paarl, it will send you to the lower old yharman part where you fight Bloodletting beast, go to the left and look for the small building door to unlock the shortcut to reach the old yharman church entrance, then climb the ladder

ramyeon

You need to get abducted by the sackdudes to reach
the prison and go fight paarl, it will send you to the lower old yharman part where you fight Bloodletting beast, go to the left and look for the small building door to unlock the shortcut to reach the old yharman church entrance, then climb the ladder
I think he knows about how to get to Paarl (He mentioned it was his second play through) but was confused since you need to beat the Blood Starved Beast in the first place to get the Kidnappers to appear, which means you have to go through Old Yharnam and get shot at by Djura at least once.

Luckily this doesn't lock you out of befriending him.

I think he knows about how to get to Paarl (He mentioned it was his second play through) but was confused since you need to beat the Blood Starved Beast in the first place to get the Kidnappers to appear, which means you have to go through Old Yharnam and get shot at by Djura at least once.

This one speak for no man.

Melchiah

You don't have to go to Old Yharnam first at all, but it's a longer road the other way around, as you have to beat Rom before that.

ramyeon

You don't have to go to Old Yharnam first at all, but it's a longer road the other way around, as you have to beat Rom before that.
Yeah true, I guess you could leave it 'till the first proper visit to Yahar'gul. Although then you miss out on getting stuff like LHB early on in the game. Wouldn't matter if it were your second play through though I guess!

Just beat father g after at least 10 tries. Holy tits what a rush, I'm so proud of myself lol. I like using the cane and I read I should upgrade my skill. My stats are:

Vit: 15
End: 12
Str: 16
Skill: 13
Blood: 9
Arcane: 8

What should I focus on from here?

Just beat father g after at least 10 tries. Holy tits what a rush, I'm so proud of myself lol. I like using the cane and I read I should upgrade my skill. My stats are:

Raise up skill for 15 at least for the sweet point stat, start thinking which stat you will devote yourself, there are some nice Str and Skill weapons soon but there are some dedicated blood stat weapons which would be kinda hard to devote since you would devote in other stats and wont you experiment their full damage since you need like 35 point on Blood to see its damage.

If you want to stick with the cane skill is the stat you will be looking for, still the correct priority for stats are Vitality>Stamina>Skill which 50 is the soft cap for Skill (or 60 I dont remember)

Depends, if you like using the cane you should focus on SKL and stop leveling STR. Then VIT and END in that order, though I wouldn't level END past 20. You might want to check all different weapon (STR and SKL) and make a proper choice.

ramyeon

Those new Hunter feels.
CKZXycdUcAEoxES.jpg:large
It's amazing how quick it is to progress when you know where everything is like the back of your hand lol.

Those new Hunter feels.

It's amazing how quick it is to progress when you know where everything is like the back of your hand lol.
What build are you going for? I made my skill/bloodtinge character a fiery red head. I think her default outfit is usually a top hat, knights top, gloves and black dress, looks swag as fuck unless I need the upgraded physical defense.

ramyeon

What build are you going for? I made my skill/bloodtinge character a fiery red head. I think her default outfit is usually a top hat, knights top, gloves and black dress, looks swag as fuck unless I need the upgraded physical defense.
Probably Skill/Bloodtinge! Wasn't feeling the Threaded Cane so I made sure to pick up the Saw Spear ASAP. Can't wait to get the Knight Set again :( didn't change out of that since I got it for my first character. Although I used the Hunter Cap and Choir Gloves with it.

Probably Skill/Bloodtinge! Wasn't feeling the Threaded Cane so I made sure to pick up the Saw Spear ASAP. Can't wait to get the Knight Set again :( didn't change out of that since I got it for my first character. Although I used the Hunter Cap and Choir Gloves with it.
I honestly didn't like the paltry scaling on the saw spear so I didn't upgrade it much. Cane takes some getting used to but I like it a lot it's quite versatile. Let me know if you want to Coop I'm not on regularly since I have a job and a girlfriend but I'll definitely be on tomorrow for a bit after work.

ramyeon

I honestly didn't like the paltry scaling on the saw spear so I didn't upgrade it much. Cane takes some getting used to but I like it a lot it's quite versatile. Let me know if you want to Coop I'm not on regularly since I have a job and a girlfriend but I'll definitely be on tomorrow for a bit after work.
Will do! Definitely keen to try out co-op at some point.

I wish you could view enemy models close up as a bonus when you beat them. Kind of like a character trophy I guess. After all this time, I'm not sure what Gascoigne's beast form looks like. It's too dark see him.

Raise up skill for 15 at least for the sweet point stat, start thinking which stat you will devote yourself, there are some nice Str and Skill weapons soon but there are some dedicated blood stat weapons which would be kinda hard to devote since you would devote in other stats and wont you experiment their full damage since you need like 35 point on Blood to see its damage.

If you want to stick with the cane skill is the stat you will be looking for, still the correct priority for stats are Vitality>Stamina>Skill which 50 is the soft cap for Skill (or 60 I dont remember)

Depends, if you like using the cane you should focus on SKL and stop leveling STR. Then VIT and END in that order, though I wouldn't level END past 20. You might want to check all different weapon (STR and SKL) and make a proper choice.

Perfect, thank you! I like the cane because it's somewhat safe with it's speed and range. What are some other weapons I should try out? I've tried the hammer and while I like it for the damage output, I have trouble with how slow it is 2 handed. I haven't tried out the axe yet, and not a big fan of both saws. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Perfect, thank you! I like the cane because it's somewhat safe with it's speed and range. What are some other weapons I should try out? I've tried the hammer and while I like it for the damage output, I have trouble with how slow it is 2 handed. I haven't tried out the axe yet, and not a big fan of both saws. Any thoughts or suggestions?

The hammer is great but takes time getting used to it, using it's long range and it's R2 charge attack is key (also there's a sweet spot after dodging in which pressing R1 makes a faster hammer swing).

Although I mostly used the kirkhammer and the chikage, here's other weapons a briefly used:

- Ludwig's sword: similar to the kirkhammer is a one handed sword that transforms into a greatsword, in concept is similar to the hammer: powerful, long range but slow. Scale both with STR and SKL

- Burial blade: the opposite of the mentioned weapons above, incredibly fast weapon to deal deadly combos, but shorter range. SKL and ACN scaling.

I don't like much the saw and the axe. Since both can take sometime to get, is not a bad idea choose another weapon meanwhile, you get enough stones to upgrade a second weapon up to +8, so is not like you should only choose one weapon, you could choose 2. For example, I use the cane for it's range and ability to easily hit multiple enemies since my main weapon has short range.

Try out the rifle spear when you get it. It's also got good range and a reliable thrust attack, also the Reiterpallasch as well. If you want to dabble in a good bloodtinge weapon then start leveling up Bloodtinge now for the Chikage, it's now one of my favorite weapons.

If I eat the umbilical cords before I fight Gehrman do I get both the Honoring Wishes and the Childhood's Beginning trophies? Or do I only get Childhood's Beginning?

ramyeon

I still have yet to do that, though I did summon Alfred for Blood Starved Beast. He's nothing more than a distraction since his damage output is horrible.
Not sure why my phone's autocorrect changed summoning to summing haha. Yeah Gascoigne was mostly a distraction too really, I don't think CB even looked my way once. Will have to try Alfred when I get to BSB.

Not sure why my phone's autocorrect changed summoning to summing haha. Yeah Gascoigne was mostly a distraction too really, I don't think CB even looked my way once. Will have to try Alfred when I get to BSB.
Just warning you now, Alfred doesn't give two fucks about your parries.

ramyeon

Just had my best round against Gascoigne yet. Only got hit once and parried every attack he threw at me before transforming. Feels so good aceing these early bosses this time around haha.

ramyeon

you dotn have to ...just go from the BSB lamp and dont kill any beasts. I did get the insight from Paarls place, but didnt kill him and it still worked..
Probably only need to encounter him I guess! That means you can do it even earlier, I had trouble beating Paarl until I was a bit higher level than when I first encountered him.

Thinking of using Rifle Spear for a bit. I know ENB used it quite a bit in his play through and it looked pretty decent.

Soulhouf

Damn fucking right he doesn't! He distracts BSB enough that you can go for lots of backstabs but then he just R1 spams through every single one of them :(

He was my one and only summon in my most recent playthrough.

It's no big deal.
There is still a multiplier when you do a normal attack to a parried enemy.
Usually when you have the chance, it's better to do a charged attack than visceral after a parry.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Probably only need to encounter him I guess! That means you can do it even earlier, I had trouble beating Paarl until I was a bit higher level than when I first encountered him.

Thinking of using Rifle Spear for a bit. I know ENB used it quite a bit in his play through and it looked pretty decent.

The only requirement for Djura to be docile is encountering Paarl, not beating him, and coming from the BsB or Paarl lamp. It doesn't matter if you kill a bunch of beasts before you talk to him.

Also, Rifle Spear is really weird. It's charged two hand R2 is fantastic in some circumstances but you can't buff it despite it doesn't have any inherent Arcane/element in it... I mean, Reiterpallasch can be buffed so... it's just weird.

ramyeon

The only requirement for Djura to be docile is encountering Paarl, not beating him, and coming from the BsB or Paarl lamp. It doesn't matter if you kill a bunch of beasts before you talk to him.

Also, Rifle Spear is really weird. It's charged two hand R2 is fantastic in some circumstances but you can't buff it despite it doesn't have any inherent Arcane/element in it... I mean, Reiterpallasch can be buffed so... it's just weird.
Yeah the no-buff thing kind of sucks, not gonna stick with it but there's not a huge variety at this point in the game. Will probably alternate between that and the Saw Spear until I can get something better. I just can't get used to the play style of the Cane.

Top Bottom