• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Agram

Can anyone explain how to set up co-op in Chalice Dungeons? I never had luck using Short Root Chalice so I may be doing something wrong. Does my friend have to finish a certain dungeon depth to play it in co-op or we can play in dungeons he hasn't completed.

Can anyone explain how to set up co-op in Chalice Dungeons? I never had luck using Short Root Chalice so I may be doing something wrong. Does my friend have to finish a certain dungeon depth to play it in co-op or we can play in dungeons he hasn't completed.

You both need to have access to the same dungeon, and you also need to make the dungeon glyph public.

Jombie

I've done multiple challenge runs with the Souls games, and my waste of skin play through was the most miserable experience I've had with the franchise (if you count Bloodborne as a part of the Souls franchise).

Nope, I never used the Beast Blood Pellets during my play through. I saw ENB demonstrating them in his fight against The One Reborn but I just never found a use or need for it.
Me neither and I never needed the extra damage that badly, especially since it lowers your defense.

ramyeon

Just got my Future Press Bloodborne guide book in, really glad I ordered this. Basically just got in for the sake of having it, but it's a great guide. Really thick and substantial with pretty much everything you need to know (And even stuff you probably don't need to know!) in it. It's crazy how detailed some of the weapon stuff gets.

mulac

Platinum Attempt Update

Just hit lower pthumeru chalice layer 2...starting to need to hit enemies more than once to kill them and I'm hopefully going to complete down to layer 4 tonight after work.

Then I guess its Loran Chalice Area. Have made a personal vow to not play any other games till I platinum this - hopefully next couple of weeks...

The journey to level 50 on Bloodtinge continues! (currently L21 with the rest at:

50/50/50/50/21/15

LOVE IT.

ZeroRay

Seems like at one point they had an actual Beast transformation in the game they had to cut.

Hopefully it comes back in the expansion. They could explain it away by saying the blood transfusion you received made you completely immune, or greatly strengthened your resistance to beasthood transformation. Hence, the flaming werewolf.

Got my Chikage to +10, loaded it with decent gems (18%+), and got my Bloodtinge to 40
CypxIGz.png

I'm looking forward to rolling into NG+ and finally finishing my Platinum with this build.

Got my Chikage to +10, loaded it with decent gems (18%+), and got my Bloodtinge to 40
CypxIGz.png

I'm looking forward to rolling into NG+ and finally finishing my Platinum with this build.

Fight me Cannon Goose!!

Sure, I've only had one other PvP encounter so far with this build and I lost horribly, so I'm up for another fight :p

I'm realghostvids on PSN in you want to add me.

Awesome, whats your level? 120+? I've added you.

CypxIGz.png

Cool I'm going to +10 that weapon soon as well. I think i have bloodtinge up to 30 currently with 38 in skill. Half the fun is making an entirely new build. Is skill/arcane even viable if I do another character. I just can't do without the skill weapons and visceral scaling. I can't wait to hit NG+ with this character as well, just a few bosses left and I don't want the squid kid ending again.

Haven't beaten the game yet, but I'm looking to attempt the platinum eventually. Is there anything I should do or keep in mind before I beat the game? Just in case it makes some trophies harder to obtain in some way.

Added! Uh, my current level is 80-something... Maybe my build is not quite ready for PvP but I'll happily fight you anyway.

---

So I was trying to cheese the Chikage hunter and for some reason he decided to not walk back up the stairs when I ran from him...

https://youtu.be/JvTXq6ZM_Lo

I have no complaints!
When I fought him I actually found the stairs to be the best area to fight him, it gives him less room to maneuver and sort of boxes him in a bit. He's still a pain to fight, but it makes it more manageable.

Added! Uh, my current level is 80-something... Maybe my build is not quite ready for PvP but I'll happily fight you anyway.

---

So I was trying to cheese the Chikage hunter and for some reason he decided to not walk back up the stairs when I ran from him...

https://youtu.be/JvTXq6ZM_Lo

I have no complaints!

I'm at level 147, we won't be able to pvp . My arcane hunter is at 112 needs to go gem hunting in the dungeons and i'm not looking forward to that at all >_<
I'll be waiting when you reach 120 :-D

pmj

Question that contains what I think is mid-game area/feature spoilers:

I got dragged into a nightmare world of some kind, and when I reached the frontier there were messages about a bell and after the second one there was a player invasion.

I was a bit startled since this is the first time it has happened so far in my whole time playing. Is this something that only happens in this area? I'm wondering because I'd like to avoid any and all direct interaction with other players going forward.

Haven't beaten the game yet, but I'm looking to attempt the platinum eventually. Is there anything I should do or keep in mind before I beat the game? Just in case it makes some trophies harder to obtain in some way.

Which part you are? is still night in your game?

There are somethings you could have missed if you already killed R
om

-Save all (5) the NPCs
-(Send the bald guy to Iosefka or
kill him
)
-Get dragged into the prison
-Get three umbilical cords
-Visit nightmare frontier
-Become friends with Djurga by touching him, from, like, behind
-Unlock Upper Cathedral ward
-Break the glass in Upper cathedral Ward, you anarchist
-Becomes Mulder and make first contact on M
ensis
-Talk with an old friend in upper library section
-Unlock Iosekfa clinic back entrance
-Get your invitation to Dracula castle
-See the unseen with the gold crown
-Go to shopping and buy all the guns
-Get all the Hunters tricks and spells
-Be a jerk and do a save point before the last boss
-Chalices, goddamm chalices

Question that contains what I think is mid-game area/feature spoilers:

I got dragged into a nightmare world of some kind, and when I reached the frontier there were messages about a bell and after the second one there was a player invasion.

I was a bit startled since this is the first time it has happened so far in my whole time playing. Is this something that only happens in this area? I'm wondering because I'd like to avoid any and all direct interaction with other players going forward.

You have to look for a Bell Maiden and kill her to stop sumoning players

om

-Save all (5) the NPCs
kill him
)
ensis

I'm pretty far past him at this point. I just killed
The reborn one.

Sounds like I have a lot to do...

Edit:Which isn't a big deal. I expected a decent amount, just wasn't sure how much to do while I can.

om

-Save all (5) the NPCs
kill him
)
-Get dragged into the prison
-Visit nightmare frontier
ensis
-Go to shopping and buy all the guns

You have to look for a Bell Maiden and kill her to stop sumoning players
Where the heck are all those NPC's? I can only ever find the old lady, Ariana and Adella.

myco666

Where the heck are all those NPC's? I can only ever find the old lady, Ariana and Adella.

There is one NPC close to Arianna that you have to tell to go to clinic if you want him to come to chapel. There aren't five to save though unless you want the one from Forbidden Woods to ruin your night.

There is one NPC close to Arianna that you have to tell to go to clinic if you want him to come to chapel. There aren't five to save though unless you want the one from Forbidden Woods to ruin your night.
In which door close to Arianna? I've never found him, which is odd. Cannibal douche goes straight to Iosefka, I'm not fighting that guy for his rune.

myco666

In which door close to Arianna? I've never found him, which is odd. Cannibal douche goes straight to Iosefka, I'm not fighting that guy for his rune.

It should be just across the street. The one that is a jerk and don't believe you. Shouldn't be too hard to find. First time I though the cannibal was enemy and I visceraled him before even talking to him. Boy was it a fun surprise what happened next haha.

Window across from Arianna's door. It has a lantern in front of it.
I should really check that area again. I usually just beelined it her door and the black church set while dodging bullets. I'll have to check there again during NG+ for my second character. Also doesn't help that I don't talk to Iosefka much so I don't even think I had her quest open to me at the time.

I should really check that area again. I usually just beelined it her door and the black church set while dodging bullets. I'll have to check there again during NG+ for my second character. Also doesn't help that I don't talk to Iosefka much so I don't even think I had her quest open to me at the time.
No enemy will hit you if you go to the back area where both of those NPCs are.

I'm sadly having a hard time with BSB. Always get it down to more than halfway and it kills me every time. I munch on antidotes for the poison, but it's messing with me for some reason. I've been using the bell for Alfred and he helps but always dies right when BSB gets to the halfway mark and that's where I have trouble. I just wanna finish it so I can open the elevator and get LHB. Would anybody be kind enough to help me out? Thanks in advance

I'm sadly having a hard time with BSB. Always get it down to more than halfway and it kills me every time. I munch on antidotes for the poison, but it's messing with me for some reason. I've been using the bell for Alfred and he helps but always dies right when BSB gets to the halfway mark and that's where I have trouble. I just wanna finish it so I can open the elevator and get LHB. Would anybody be kind enough to help me out? Thanks in advance
It can be parried so that helps a lot also when you see it starting the claw attack you can dodge to the left and most likely not be touched by it.

Level 180 :]
Lol, whenever I think my level is too high I see your level. I have one in the high 130's and another in the high 80's (just finished upper cathedral ward with that character and only have Micolash, Mergo and Gherman left to beat on that character) it's my skill/bloodtinge character.

I'm pretty far past him at this point. I just killed
The reborn one.

Sounds like I have a lot to do...

Edit:Which isn't a big deal. I expected a decent amount, just wasn't sure how much to do while I can.

Rescuing all NPCs doesnt give you a reward but three of them can give you consumables that would help you, especially the old woman.

After R
om
, you cant talk to some of them anymore to save them.

The old man is right in front of ariana, you can try to speak to him after you conviced ariana to move to the church and soft reset the area.

you have to trick him to go the oposite direction (go to the clinic) to join the church (according to the wiki), or just spam to go to the church several times, the old man only gives you some Vaati lore (lol) about arianna and the nun

Top Bottom