• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Well, after a one month break I'm back in Bloodborne. I COMPLETELY forgot where I left off and I'm at the
Abhorrent Beast in the Lower Loran Chalice

I suppose I could use poison knives and chip it to death, but I can't dodge it's attacks to stay alive very long.

Any strategies I'm overlooking, or should I just tough this out with trial and error?

Level 156
Vit 55
End 40
Str 51
Ski 40

R hand wpn 1 atk 547

Question that contains what I think is mid-game area/feature spoilers:

I got dragged into a nightmare world of some kind, and when I reached the frontier there were messages about a bell and after the second one there was a player invasion.

I was a bit startled since this is the first time it has happened so far in my whole time playing. Is this something that only happens in this area? I'm wondering because I'd like to avoid any and all direct interaction with other players going forward.

Also happens in one other area. You can prevent it by
killing the bell Maiden(s) in the area, they do not respawn

Well, after a one month break I'm back in Bloodborne. I COMPLETELY forgot where I left off and I'm at the

I suppose I could use poison knives and chip it to death, but I can't dodge it's attacks to stay alive very long.

Any strategies I'm overlooking, or should I just tough this out with trial and error?

Level 156
Vit 55
End 40
Str 51
Ski 40

R hand wpn 1 atk 547
You have to get up in his face and dodge into his attacks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgKfrkW18XE

Lol, whenever I think my level is too high I see your level. I have one in the high 130's and another in the high 80's (just finished upper cathedral ward with that character and only have Micolash, Mergo and Gherman left to beat on that character) it's my skill/bloodtinge character.
I have another character but my original character is my baby. My second character is going to be a Skill/bloodtinge build.

ramyeon

Rescuing all NPCs doesnt give you a reward but three of them can give you consumables that would help you, especially the old woman.

After R
om
, you cant talk to some of them anymore to save them.

The old man is right in front of ariana, you can try to speak to him after you conviced ariana to move to the church and soft reset the area.

you have to trick him to go the oposite direction (go to the clinic) to join the church (according to the wiki), or just spam to go to the church several times, the old man only gives you some Vaati lore (lol) about arianna and the nun
You don't have to soft reset the area, just direct Arianna to the Chapel and then talk to him right away. I don't think spamming going to the Chapel works, you definitely have to tell him to do the opposite of what you want him to do. That's his whole schtick, he's the Sceptical Man. He tells you bits of information but the truth is always the opposite of what he says. Like he tells you not to trust the caretaker of the Chapel, when in fact you should. Also says that Arianna is jealous of Adella which is opposite too.

SoldnerKei

so far enjoying my NG+ run, did some of the chalice dungeons, killed the bosses on the first dungeon with a single standard combo xD my character is like lvl 90~ with a +10 Ludwig blade

weird that his game doesn't have like the red phantom enemies that you usuallly see on NG+ in other soul games, I was expecting something like that

I guess lvl 120 is a good lvl to stay if I wanna pvp and co-op right?

ryan13ts

I need to rant a bit about how much I fucking LOATHE pvp in this and all other Souls games.

The way pvp is designed in these games is flat out intentionally dickish and designed to make you rage when it's not a necessity. Instead of making pvp a separate entity, or even allowing the choice of invasions, the designers must have thought it'd be a great laugh to force pvp on the player regardless if they want it or not. I can't tell you how much fucking rage builds in me when I'm trying to do an already hard task, to have some annoying asshole join my game and make my life harder than it already is. I care not a fucking lick about pvp and this crap only makes my fury grow, and immensely decreases my enjoyment of the game over all. All I want to do is play the game and co-op, not fight other players. Losing 100,000+ souls because of shit like this makes me want to quit the game altogether. Yeah, you can kill the bell maiden but sometimes they'll be far away from where you'll start, allowing time for someone to invade that you don't want to fight in the first place.

And even worse than all this, is the way turds who are into this pvp crap play the game. Instead of fighting like a man, they'll do nothing but run away and try to get you to follow where enemies are so they attack while your busy killing them. Why even bother with pvp if you're going to fight like a cowardly pussy in the first place? It's this type of "make it hard for the sake of being hard" design choices that just ruin large parts of this game for me. These games already have enough bullshit, cheap annoyances in them, they don't need anymore like this.

Just thinking about this crap now enrages me. I only pray they'll make some major adjustments in DS3, but I somehow doubt that greatly. Sorry, but I needed to get that out. It's been building in me with each unwanted asshole that invades my game.

ramyeon

I need to rant a bit about how much I fucking LOATHE pvp in this and all other Souls games.

The way pvp is designed in these games is flat out intentionally dickish and designed to make you rage when it's not a necessity. Instead of making pvp a separate entity, or even allowing the choice of invasions, the designers must have thought it'd be a great laugh to force pvp on the player regardless if they want it or not. I can't tell you how much fucking rage builds in me when I'm trying to do an already hard task, to have some annoying asshole join my game and make my life harder than it already is. I care not a fucking lick about pvp and this crap only makes my fury grow, and immensely decreases my enjoyment of the game over all. All I want to do is play the game and co-op, not fight other players. Losing 100,000+ souls because of shit like this makes me want to quit the game altogether. Yeah, you can kill the bell maiden but sometimes they'll be far away from where you'll start, allowing time for someone to invade that you don't want to fight in the first place.

And even worse than all this, is the way turds who are into this pvp crap play the game. Instead of fighting like a man, they'll do nothing but run away and try to get you to follow where enemies are so they attack while your busy killing them. Why even bother with pvp if you're going to fight like a cowardly pussy in the first place? It's this type of "make it hard for the sake of being hard" design choices that just ruin large parts of this game for me. These games already have enough bullshit, cheap annoyances in them, they don't need anymore like this.

Just thinking about this crap now enrages me. I only pray they'll make some major adjustments in DS3, but I somehow doubt that greatly.
On the other hand I'm really disappointed because I've never been invaded. I even left the bell maiden in the Nightmare areas alive and never got matched with any invaders :(

On the other hand I'm really disappointed because I've never been invaded. I even left the bell maiden in the Nightmare areas alive and never got matched with any invaders :(
Maybe your level was too high, I have no idea. I remember getting invaded a couple of times during my first play through, hasn't happened with my second character yet though. Just finished Lower Hintertomb with my Bloodtinge character...Chikage is putting in work now.
Forgotten Madmen
Pthumerian Elder

Just thinking about this crap now enrages me. I only pray they'll make some major adjustments in DS3, but I somehow doubt that greatly. Sorry, but I needed to get that out. It's been building in me with each unwanted asshole that invades my game.

That's the game though. The core idea that started the Souls series was basically "what if you could be invaded by other players during your singleplayer game?" That aspect of it is definitely not going to change.

It can be parried so that helps a lot also when you see it starting the claw attack you can dodge to the left and most likely not be touched by it.

Just beat BSB a few minutes ago (maybe with a little help from Alfred lol) with this strategy! I never thought I'd ever like and do well in a souls game, but I'm officially hooked. I appreciate all the advice everyone!

ramyeon

Holy shit summoning the NPCs seriously trivialises the boss fights early on. I mentioned how easy CB was with Gascoigne but I never really struggled with CB. Just did BSB and it was so easy to just spam with fire paper R1s while Alfred took the brunt of its attacks.

Pretty crazy that this point is only just over an hour into the game, I think it probably took me at least 5 hours to reach BSB first time around.

myco666

I love it when invader manages to outsmart the host by using the environment. Sure sucks though when you lose lot of echoes but in the end game you can get 100k and more in no time.

ramyeon

I love it when invader manages to outsmart the host by using the environment. Sure sucks though when you lose lot of echoes but in the end game you can get 100k and more in no time.
It's funny how perception changes as you get further into the game. When I started I was scared to lose even 5000 echoes but by the end game it wasn't an issue even losing 100k haha.

2AdEPT

That's the game though. The core idea that started the Souls series was basically "what if you could be invaded by other players during your singleplayer game?" That aspect of it is definitely not going to change.

Exactly. Everyone goes through the intense emotions of having a real living adversary, dick or otherwise (there are non-dicks as well out there invading which makes things really interesting.) The first couple times you get a dick its annoying but later you hope for and even get disappointed if there are not more invasions, dicks included, its called creating your own gank squad. There are definitely times when going offline is preferable, and people doign challenge runs or videos where they dont want interruptions do it all the time. PLaying co-op by definition means you should be open to invasion. THere is absolutely no reason to be concerned if you already have help - two or even three on one if you get invaded.

Level 156
Vit 55
End 40
Str 51
Ski 40

R hand wpn 1 atk 547

The other video shown is one way to do it , but I chose to stay away and keep more distance. You can see that the punch attack is the most easy to punish and it allows time to get away after as well. IN fact, you could easily use this appraoch to do a no health loss run on this beast with this strat. The guy in the other video posted got hit too may times IMO, and were someone else to use that strat they might not make it through as he did..

The other video shown is one way to do it , but I chose to stay away and keep more distance. You can see that the punch attack is the most easy to punish and it allows time to get away after as well. IN fact, you could easily use this appraoch to do a no health loss run on this beast with this strat. The guy in the other video posted got hit too may times IMO, and were someone else to use that strat they might not make it through as he did..

You can easily not get hit much by playing aggressive and dodging into him. Hanging back and poisoning him works too though. Both are viable strategies.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
People who cry about the PvP are so cute. Just play offline if you're that bothered, jesus. Invasions have been a staple of the series since day 1, and in Bloodborne, it's only really common in two specific areas. If anything Bloodborne was too casualized with the PvP.

People who cry about the PvP are so cute. Just play offline if you're that bothered, jesus. Invasions have been a staple of the series since day 1, and in Bloodborne, it's only really common in two specific areas. If anything Bloodborne was too casualized with the PvP.

Lol that post is even funnier now that you pointed out there's a Play Offline option available right when you start the game. I forgot about that.

ramyeon

It was really frustrating to watch the Polygon play through of those areas (Actually that play through was frustrating to watch for a number of reasons) because the guy playing just kept whinging about invaders killing him. He was terrible at PvP, I mean he was basically just treating them like an AI enemy.

The two areas it's common in the bell women are really close by and easy to get to anyway. I guess using co-op opens you up to more chance of invasion but if you have someone with you then it's 2v1 anyway.

Thought I'd give this a shot here.

I had been playing Dark Souls on my Steam account on my PC. Someone else then logged into their Steam account on my PC to play their characters. Now I am unable to find my characters even after logging back into my Steam account on my PC, only their characters come up when starting the game.

Did I just lose my characters?

I not into the pvp in for Souls, but I enjoy being invaded. It can be frustrating some times, but it was pretty damn fun to overcome the odds. I wish they'd go back to how Dark Souls did it.

ryan13ts

Just because you like dealing with cowards and idiots invading your game non-stop doesn't mean everyone else has to enjoy it. And I'd gladly play offline if I could still do co-op with other people, but since that's not an option, I'm stuck playing in online mode. And as far as invasions being common in two areas, you must be playing another altogether from me. I've been invaded in practically every area of the game, minus a few single exceptions.

My complaints with pvp stem from the developers forcing hindrances on the player that should be optional. I'm sure plenty of people would keep invasions turned on if they were given a choice, and it would streamline much of the frustration for people like me who want nothing to do with it. Giving the option to turn invasions on/off could only impact future Souls/Bloodborne games for the better, not make it worse.

ramyeon

Just because you like dealing with cowards and idiots invading your game non-stop doesn't mean everyone else has to enjoy it. And I'd gladly play offline if I could still do co-op with other people, but since that's not an option, I'm stuck playing in online mode. And as far as invasions being common in two areas, you must be playing another altogether from me. I've been invaded in practically every area of the game, minus a few single exceptions.

My complaints with pvp stem from the developers forcing hindrances on the player that should be optional. I'm sure plenty of people would keep invasions turned on if they were given a choice, and it would streamline much of the frustration for people like me who want nothing to do with it. Giving the option to turn invasions on/off could only impact future Souls/Bloodborne games for the better, not make it worse.
You're getting invaded so often because you use co-op often. I never got invaded in the game once and the only areas that had bell maidens summoning invaders were the two Nightmare areas.

ryan13ts

You're getting invaded so often because you use co-op often. I never got invaded in the game once and the only areas that had bell maidens summoning invaders were the two Nightmare areas.

Yeah, I know it's because I'm playing co-op but I still rather just not have to deal with it at all. Having someone else with you can help quite a bit but I'd rather pvp just be it's own mode, with bonuses that carry over to single player, such as souls/blood or items for doing it.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Just because you like dealing with cowards and idiots invading your game non-stop doesn't mean everyone else has to enjoy it.
Cowards and idiots eh? They're just players, playing the game the way it was meant. Unless they're using hacks or cheats, of course. But enjoying the game doesn't make someone an idiot, WTF. Grow up.

And I'd gladly play offline if I could still do co-op with other people, but since that's not an option, I'm stuck playing in online mode. And as far as invasions being common in two areas, you must be playing another altogether from me. I've been invaded in practically every area of the game, minus a few single exceptions.
So you're bitching about invaders that have 70% of your HP and that fight 2v1? Having invaded a few times myself, I almost never win against two players, and I'm pretty decent at PvP. I hate to say "git gud", but, really... you're doing something wrong if invaders are constantly killing you. The odds are stacked in your favour, and very strongly at that.

Moreover, I've been doing coop runs myself and almost never get invaded outside of the Nightmares. It's disappointing, and my friend and I always get excited when we get invaded.

I disagree. PvP is part of the Souls experience. If you want to avoid it, you can play offline. If you want coop, which already pretty much trivializes the game, then you open yourself up to the additional risk of invasion. It's very fair.

And making it optional would negatively impact the game for those who enjoy PvP, because if too many people turned it off, we'd find fewer invasions and PvP would die.

lord_lad

Banned

erm....it's not called 'invasion' for nothing...

if it's a willing thing, then it will be called 'invitation'.

Invasion denotes a forceful and one-sided attempt at domination...

so it is what it is....LOL

ryan13ts

Cowards and idiots eh? They're just players, playing the game the way it was meant. Unless they're using hacks or cheats, of course. But enjoying the game doesn't make someone an idiot, WTF. Grow up.

If your engaging in pvp, you should be fighting the person head on and not trying to get the enemies, which won't attack them, to do the work for them. Now, if the enemies attacked them as well (or if there was an item to trigger it like in DS's), I could consider that fair as that's a calculated risk, but as it stands, it's flat out cowardly and bitch-like using enemies to do your work for you.

Morrigan Stark said:
So you're bitching about invaders that have 70% of your HP and that fight 2v1? Having invaded a few times myself, I almost never win against two players, and I'm pretty decent at PvP. I hate to say "git gud", but, really... you're doing something wrong if invaders are constantly killing you. The odds are stacked in your favour, and very strongly at that.

Moreover, I've been doing coop runs myself and almost never get invaded outside of the Nightmares. It's disappointing, and my friend and I always get excited when we get invaded.

When it comes to co-op invasions, if I'm playing with a friend and the person isn't being a dick trying to use enemies, I'll have my friend back off and fight them 1 on 1 fairly. Even though they annoy the shit out of me by invading, I'll still try to be fair about it whenever possible. When playing with a random person, I can't really guarantee that since I can't communicate with them. And if their doing the enemy bullshit, all bets are off and I'll tag-team them with ruthless fury. Regardless though, the person is willingly invading someone elses game (who might not want them there), so they should expect to be gang raped by 2 or 3 people from the start, so I feel no pity there.

And I never said they were constantly killing me. Yeah, they've got me before but it more of the fact that I'm tired of being annoyed with invasions while trying to progress.

Morrigan Stark said:
And making it optional would negatively impact the game for those who enjoy PvP, because if too many people turned it off, we'd find fewer invasions and PvP would die.

From the amount of people that seem to actively seek out pvp, I seriously doubt this would ever be a problem. As you said, it's been a staple of the series and plenty of people do enjoy it so it's very unlikely it would 'die' because an option was put it to turn it off. All it would do is help make the game more enjoyable for people like me who don't want to deal with it, which is probably an admittedly smaller % of players.

I can already tell you're a person who loves pvp so no argument I make about this is going to get through to you. Simply put, I just want to play my game with others and not deal with fighting other players. I know I'm not the only one out there that feels this way.

lord_lad

Banned
ryan13ts, perhaps you should stop ringing the bell and coop every area of the main game......why don't you just solo the game?

i can understand wanting to coop a chalice dungeon but the main game is better played solo (in my opinion)..

if I'm playing with a friend and the person isn't being a dick trying to use enemies,
Invaders are kind of forced to use enemies in a 2 or 3 v 1 situation (unless they have a build that can easily kill players in a low level area). Winning a 2-3 v 1 situation is VERY hard to do. It's 20 vials and 20 quicksilver bullets versus 60/60, and the host can easily run away while the "bodyguards" fend off the invader.

I can already tell you're a person who loves pvp so no argument I make about this is going to get through to you. Simply put, I just want to play my game with others and not deal with fighting other players. I know I'm not the only one out there that feels this way.

Have you played other Souls games? If you do co-op in any of the games you open yourself up to invaders, that's the risk reward of it. Hell, in Dark Souls 2 you are open to invasions constantly no matter what state your character is in. In my opinion you should just gank the hell out of any invaders that come your way if you're doing co-op. Some invaders (like myself) prefer 2 or 3v1 fights because they're more of a challenge.

ryan13ts

ryan13ts, perhaps you should stop ringing the bell and coop every area of the main game......why don't you just solo the game?

i can understand wanting to coop a chalice dungeon but the main game is better played solo (in my opinion)..

It's just more enjoyable playing with others for me. It's not that it's too hard or I can't do it, I've done some areas and bosses by myself, but it's just more fun with others. I do plan on doing a mostly solo run in NG+ however, and I'll be doing in offline for obvious reasons.

Cannon Goose said:
Have you played other Souls games? If you do co-op in any of the games you open yourself up to invaders, that's the risk reward of it. Hell, in Dark Souls 2 you are open to invasions constantly no matter what state your character is in. In my opinion you should just gank the hell out of any invaders that come your way if you're doing co-op. Some invaders (like myself) prefer 2 or 3v1 fights because they're more of a challenge.

I've played and beaten every single Souls game multiple times (Beat DS2 4 times) and I've hated the way it's worked since the very beginning, although I will grant that this game is probably the 'least' worst when it comes to invasions, DS2 being the worst.

I think a lot of my hate for pvp stems from bad timing in regards to invasions, since it always seems to happen when I'm dealing with multiple enemies, low on health, or having some other problem when they pop up. Maybe me trying to be honorable when fighting is the problem too, and I should just gang rape them with no abandon like you say, since most of the people I've fought have no problem fighting dirty.

I still don't see the harm in giving options to players in regard to this though. Many game series experiment with adding optional features to adjust things that have been staples of their games since the beginning and I just think it would be more helpful than harmful.

Regardless though, it's part of this game and I'll just have to work with it for now, but it doesn't mean I like (hence the bitching and ranting) and hope that it's adjusted/changed in Dark Souls 3/Bloodborne 2.

ramyeon

It's just more enjoyable playing with others for me. It's not that it's too hard or I can't do it, I've done some areas and bosses by myself, but it's just more fun with others. I do plan on doing a mostly solo run in NG+ however, and I'll be doing in offline for obvious reasons.
If you're playing solo then invaders won't be an issue to the point where you need to play offline...

lord_lad

Banned

I've played and beaten every single Souls game multiple times (Beat DS2 4 times) and I've hated the way it's worked since the very beginning, although I will grant that this game is probably the 'least' worst when it comes to invasions, DS2 being the worst.

I think a lot of my hate for pvp stems from bad timing in regards to invasions, since it always seems to happen when I'm dealing with multiple enemies, low on health, or having some other problem when they pop up. Maybe me trying to be honorable when fighting is the problem too, and I should just gang rape them with no abandon like you say, since most of the people I've fought have no problem fighting dirty.

I still don't see the harm in giving options to players in regard to this though. Many game series experiment with adding optional features to adjust things that have been staples of their games since the beginning and I just think it would be more helpful than harmful.

Regardless though, it's part of this game and I'll just have to work with it for now, but it doesn't mean I like (hence the bitching and ranting) and hope that it's adjusted/changed in Dark Souls 3/Bloodborne 2.

DS2 is the 'worst' for you because technically, DS2 has the most 'complete' PvP system compared to the other souls and BB.....

I think the PvP system in BB is the most fair for the non-invader player, and when I mean 'fair', I mean you have all the numbers to win and being an invder sucks most of the time.

The fact is that co-op in BB is a tradeoff, you make the game easier but you open yourself to be invaded. I think that's only fair, and means you only get invaded when you want to make the game easier (except in a couple of areas). Hell if you find the bell maiden, you can avoid getting yourself invaded and still enjoy the benefits of the co-op.

But even in the case of you getting invaded, you have to face an oppnent with 30% less HP plus if you have one or two more co-op partners, the chances are even more favorable to you. So you can't blame the invader to using all the tricks possible to even the odds.

At the same time dosn't mean you can't use similar tricks, to your advantage. Having one partner in a higher position using arcane and molotov, luring the invader when one of you hides and tries a surprise attack, or even just have the other dude constantly shooting the invader for a chance of a parry.

Is not a matter of even get gud, because 2vs1 means the other player must have really good skills, is a matter of not panicking and playing smart most of the time.

If your engaging in pvp, you should be fighting the person head on and not trying to get the enemies, which won't attack them, to do the work for them. Now, if the enemies attacked them as well (or if there was an item to trigger it like in DS's), I could consider that fair as that's a calculated risk, but as it stands, it's flat out cowardly and bitch-like using enemies to do your work for you.

Invader has 30% less HP, so he would need help to balance the fight. You also don't need to indulge yourself into it, in the sense, you just could wait on an area with no monsters and wait for more co-op partners. Of if you have another co-op partner already one could take the enemies and the other the invader. Again, you have all the tickets to the win, you just need how to use them,

When it comes to co-op invasions, if I'm playing with a friend and the person isn't being a dick trying to use enemies, I'll have my friend back off and fight them 1 on 1 fairly. Even though they annoy the shit out of me by invading, I'll still try to be fair about it whenever possible. When playing with a random person, I can't really guarantee that since I can't communicate with them. And if their doing the enemy bullshit, all bets are off and I'll tag-team them with ruthless fury. Regardless though, the person is willingly invading someone elses game (who might not want them there), so they should expect to be gang raped by 2 or 3 people from the start, so I feel no pity there.

And I never said they were constantly killing me. Yeah, they've got me before but it more of the fact that I'm tired of being annoyed with invasions while trying to progress.

"They use enemies to their advantage!, but is ok if I gank them with two other people"

That's the beauty of it, you can try to play fair, and as an invader I too try to play fair, but dosn't mean that an invader should follow any kind of samurai code or some similar shit. They are the invader, they are the bad guys so is ok if they act like one, in the same way is totally ok if you and your partner use you number superiority to kill him.

From the amount of people that seem to actively seek out pvp, I seriously doubt this would ever be a problem. As you said, it's been a staple of the series and plenty of people do enjoy it so it's very unlikely it would 'die' because an option was put it to turn it off. All it would do is help make the game more enjoyable for people like me who don't want to deal with it, which is probably an admittedly smaller % of players.

So you want the benefits of co-op but none of the inconvenients? too bad, that's part of the souls experience.

ryan13ts

DS2 is the 'worst' for you because technically, DS2 has the most 'complete' PvP system compared to the other souls and BB.....

If by 'complete', you mean 'invade you nearly anywhere', then yeah, I guess you could say it was the most 'complete'.

Relaxed Muscle said:
"They use enemies to their advantage!, but is ok if I gank them with two other people"

That's the beauty of it, you can try to play fair, and as an invader I too try to play fair, but dosn't mean that an invader should follow any kind of samurai code or some similar shit. They are the invader, they are the bad guys so is ok if they act like one, in the same way is totally ok if you and your partner use you number superiority to kill him.

Well I admit, that's a unique way of looking at the invader (as a 'bad guy'), so in that sense I guess it is more appropriate to fight that way. Call me simple and honest though, but if circumstances permit it, I'd just rather fight it out 1 on 1 unless they specifically want to be attacked by as many as possible (which some of you seem to like).

Relaxed Muscle said:
So you want the benefits of co-op but none of the inconvenients? too bad, that's part of the souls experience.

Yeah, pretty much. Thanks for summing it up short by sweetly! ;)

ramyeon

If by 'complete', you mean 'invade you nearly anywhere', then yeah, I guess you could say it was the most 'complete'.

Well I admit, that's a unique way of looking at the invader (as a 'bad guy'), so in that sense I guess it is more appropriate to fight that way. Call me simple and honest though, but if circumstances permit it, I'd just rather fight it out 1 on 1 unless they specifically want to be attacked by as many as possible (which some of you seem to like).

Yeah, pretty much. Thanks for summing it up short by sweetly! ;)
I mean there's no etiquette involved as far as invasions are concerned. It's not a mutual agreement to fight so you're encouraged to gang up on them and they're encouraged to use the environment to their advantage.

I've actually been bummed I've only been invaded once or twice my entire time playing. I feel like the PvP is too downplayed in Bloodborne, and this coming from someone who really never cared much for it in the other games. It was just sort of there, but now I miss it.

ramyeon

Does Bloodborne save your data online? Formatted my PS4 but didn't back up. I've already beat the game but I know there is an xpac coming at some point.
Online save backup is a PS+ thing. If you have PS+ it does automatic backups to the cloud for all your games, but games don't do it on a case by case basis without PS+.

I've actually been bummed I've only been invaded once or twice my entire time playing. I feel like the PvP is too downplayed in Bloodborne, and this coming from someone who really never cared much for it in the other games. It was just sort of there, but now I miss it.

There's only one mandatory area that contains Bell Maidens by default, which is absolutely ridiculous. Also, I think the "Play Offline" option is far too enticing for players who dislike the invasion mechanics. People who have had a rough time with invaders in previous Souls games would see that and probably not even think twice about going online.

Top Bottom