• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Melchiah

Question:
Can I still complete Alfred's quest and enter the
Vileblood
covenant before defeating
Moon Presence
?

I'm playing my second character but I want to beat
Gehrman
to get the burial blade. Before fighting the optional bosses.

You can complete it any time after beating the Cainhurst boss.

You can't continue the optional quests after beating the last boss(es), as it automatically starts NG+ after that.

Question:
Can I still complete Alfred's quest and enter the
Vileblood
covenant before defeating
Moon Presence
?

I'm playing my second character but I want to beat
Gehrman
to get the burial blade. Before fighting the optional bosses.

Yes.

Mogwai

Just started a new run. Thank god for those PSN cloud saves. That Henryk encounter is a random ass fight. It's ridiculous that the quest for the best (but still crappy) oath rune is so unreliable.

Standard = needed to gain new chalices
Root = randomized chalices, optional

If they really needed to have a cookie cutter dungeons, I feel like they should have just condensed all of them into one chalice for simplicity's sake. Just seeing as the entire point of these things are to add procedurally generated content.

I've cleared all of the standard dungeons and so far I'm not impressed. There aren't that many pieces that I've noted, and the dungeon floors aren't big enough to be considered labyrinths. I want something I can get utterly lost in, or at least the deeper dungeons.

Hopefully the DLC will include some content for chalices, because the idea is fantastic, but there's seemingly not enough content to make it really unexpected and exciting.

Melchiah

If they really needed to have a cookie cutter dungeons, I feel like they should have just condensed all of them into one chalice for simplicity's sake. Just seeing as the entire point of these things are to add procedurally generated content.

I've cleared all of the standard dungeons and so far I'm not impressed. There aren't that many pieces that I've noted, and the dungeon floors aren't big enough to be considered labyrinths. I want something I can get utterly lost in, or at least the deeper dungeons.

Hopefully the DLC will include some content for chalices, because the idea is fantastic, but there's seemingly not enough content to make it really unexpected and exciting.

The first ones are a bit dull, especially if you play them overleveled after the campaign like I did. I found Loran, Isz, and Ihyll chalices more interesting to play, and definitely more challenging.

Osaka15

Banned
Why would you have to import anything?

So, I would not start from new. I would like if everything carried over.

You can still invest in Vit and Endurance, you hit the cap in Arcane so it would be useless to invest more points.

The DLC would probably be lamp location to a new area, still I usually take my main and wait for the DLC before jumping to NG+ since the DLC scales according to the current difficulty in the vanilla game.

I never taught about that possibility.

The first ones are a bit dull, especially if you play them overleveled after the campaign like I did. I found Loran, Isz, and Ihyll chalices more interesting to play, and definitely more challenging.
I've liked the Loran and Defiled ones so far the most. Loran is creepy with all that random lightning. I wonder what Isz looks like?

Melchiah

I was expecting to see paarl there but nope, Isz is like phumeru sadly

Paarl is in Lower Ailing Loran, and Loran chalices are home to most of the beast bosses. I liked the alien theme of Isz personally, which included the bosses. The first three Pthumeru chalices had none of that.

Still says i can find the dungeon. Wanna join mine instead?
The glyph is b4bi2s3n i've completed the dungeon so i'll be able to help at each level.
We'll power through the first two bosses and then take on amy
sorry, it's kr6t283x

i mistyped it before :/

whenever you're ready just message me on PSN I'm in no rush

Man some of these chalice dungeons with all 3 offerings are just pure evil, even more with "just" at lvl 80.

But slowly my lost chikage is taking form MUAHAHAHAHA

ramyeon

I love the Chikage, it feels so great to use! Basically sped through most of the game in order to get up to Cainhurst and get it for my Skill/Bloodtinge character. Really enjoying the moveset, it's really satisfying to chain in transform attacks with it.

How long do you guys reckon it'd take to grind to 120 so I can get started on the PVP? And since I haven't touched co-op or PVP yet, what happens there with people at different levels? Does your level scale down to theirs? Can you only invade people of similar level to you?

Why does summoning take forever? I've put my network settings to worldwide and I've been waiting 15 minutes outside the spider boss door...

Dead community?

Melchiah

Why does summoning take forever? I've put my network settings to worldwide and I've been waiting 15 minutes outside the spider boss door...

Dead community?

I wondered about that myself, when I tried to summon help for the Undead Giant in Rotted Ihyll Root chalice, which I ended up doing solo. Is it because I'm at level 195? Although, it did take 5-10 minutes to find a co-op partner, when I was going through the regular Ihyll chalice at level 168 as well.

If it's Chalices, then it's because the many limitations of chalice dungeons make it very hard to find coop in. You can still get help if you make your chalice dungeon set to "public" (which enables coop and invasions).

Melchiah

If it's Chalices, then it's because the many limitations of chalice dungeons make it very hard to find coop in. You can still get help if you make your chalice dungeon set to "public" (which enables coop and invasions).

Come to think of it, did the latest patch prevent players from being summoned into chalices they haven't unlocked yet? I imagine many players don't have access to Ihyll chalice, where I was trying to summon help this week.

It might be a problem of being to high level for a certain area, not sure if they allowed high level players to be summoned by low levels with level sync, I think it was only for password matching.
I'm on the spider boss in the lake. Definitely don't feel like I would be over leveled.

In this case I can beat the boss solo quite easily I think, I just wanted some help with crowd control. It's just frustrating searching for 15 minutes and finding nothing.

ramyeon

I'm on the spider boss in the lake. Definitely don't feel like I would be over leveled.

In this case I can beat the boss solo quite easily I think, I just wanted some help with crowd control. It's just frustrating searching for 15 minutes and finding nothing.
Don't even bother with taking out the smaller spiders after the first wave imo (That's when Rom will start attacking you, I didn't even kill any in the first wave when I did it tbh). You're better off ignoring them and just going straight for Rom.

I don't think that fight is really that hard so you may as well solo it unless you're deadset on co-oping it.

Don't even bother with taking out the smaller spiders after the first wave imo (That's when Rom will start attacking you, I didn't even kill any in the first wave when I did it tbh). You're better off ignoring them and just going straight for Rom.

I don't think that fight is really that hard so you may as well solo it unless you're deadset on co-oping it.
Like I said I'm happy to solo it, but it makes me worry I might struggle to summon for harder fights.

Pegasos123

I need some help with
Bloodletting Beast in Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice

would be very pleased if someone could help me

PSN: El-Akis
Chalice: 6cngwt6f

Yo, fuck Ebrietas's charge attack! I decided to try all the optional bosses with my BL4 character, and man that giant-hit-box bullshit is maddening! The thing is other than that one attack it's a pretty fun (and easy) fight, but that charge, ugh! Starting to slowly improve my success rates with dodging it though. Got her down half-way on my last run yesterday, hoping I can get her ass today. I'm staying unlocked and rolling twice to the side as fast as I can. What do you guys do for that attack?

myco666

Yo, fuck Ebrietas's charge attack! I decided to try all the optional bosses with my BL4 character, and man that giant-hit-box bullshit is maddening! The thing is other than that one attack it's a pretty fun (and easy) fight, but that charge, ugh! Starting to slowly improve my success rates with dodging it though. Got her down half-way on my last run yesterday, hoping I can get her ass today. I'm staying unlocked and rolling twice to the side as fast as I can. What do you guys do for that attack?

I usually just eat it since there isn't enough time to react if you are up close. Diagonal dashes have worked the best for me but usually I react way too late. You definetily need to dash/roll twice or you will take the hit.

Stay very close to her head (almost under it) and she won't do the charge attack 90% of times, if you move far away to avoid some attacks and don't come back into position fast enough she might do it, but that's all. Good luck with last phase, though lol.

Well I just finished the game, beat all bosses except the Chalice Dungeons of which I will start on now.

First 'souls' game I ever finished and definitely my favourite of them all.

What a game.

I usually just eat it since there isn't enough time to react if you are up close. Diagonal dashes have worked the best for me but usually I react way too late. You definetily need to dash/roll twice or you will take the hit.
I tried tanking it once but at level 4 it seems unfeasible unless I get insanely lucky with how frequently she does it. I think I used up like 10 vials before I even got her to 80% and was like "fuck this" lol.

Stay very close to her head (almost under it) and she won't do the charge attack 90% of times, if you move far away to avoid some attacks and don't come back into position fast enough she might do it, but that's all. Good luck with last phase, though lol.
I may try this more. My issue with it was that I can't really see her when I'm that close.

I tried tanking it once but at level 4 it seems unfeasible unless I get insanely lucky with how frequently she does it. I think I used up like 10 vials before I even got her to 80% and was like "fuck this" lol.

I may try this more. My issue with it was that I can't really see her when I'm that close.

Lock on on her body, not the head. When you are that close her attacks are (mostly easy) to see, the head slam and the close range swipes with her tentacles and the ones more common (she might do the frontal slam with her tentacles, but easy to avoid this one, again depends of the position).

The head slam has two variations, the quick one which you might not even need to evade, and the slower one, in which you will have to do a quick back step.

The hardest part of this strategy is getting the sweet spot to position yourself, Ebrietas can be quite the bitch and do some attacks that she shouldn't do.

This guy manages to evade all charges attack, might want to give it a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GobJurkGt-g

Goddamn Old Yharnam.

I was feeling like a BAMF for not playing for months and starting back up and actually doing decent.

The old bastard with a gun. Okay.
A small courtyard with a ton of enemies in it that I have to bait back into the room. Alright.
That bastard shooting me while I take on a damn hunter? Fuck.

Hold me brehs.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Going through it again, I will never get over what a cool guy you feel like when you transform your weapons. I'm talking about finishing a combo with a transform attack and putting you back to your normal state. It makes the kill feel so... clean.

Top Bottom