• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Greddleok

May I have a suggestion for a first fun play through build please

No starting weapon, rifle spear, reiterpallash, tonitrus, chikage, Ludwig, or blade of mercy. Tried them all and didn't like the weapons.

Thank you in advance

That's all the weapons. Maybe you just don't like the game.

No starting weapon, rifle spear, reiterpallash, tonitrus, chikage, Ludwig, or blade of mercy. Tried them all and didn't like the weapons.

Thank you in advance

Maybe try another game if you don't like any of those as there isn't much left to try from what I remember.

If my opponent doesn't heal then I don't. If he/she does then it's on baby it's on!!
I'm gonna make you run out of vials and kill you slowly

Same! Also, my Bloodtinge build is finished at level 120, so we can fight sometime soon. I think it wound up being my favourite build overall, that Chikage is just so cool.

myco666

Thank you in advance

Every build is fun though? You still have Logarius Wheel, Beast Claw, Kirkhammer, Saw Spear (though it is almost the same as Saw Cleaver), Burial Blade and Stake Driver. Beast Claw and Burial Blade are endgame weapons though. Out of those I would go with Logarius Wheel.

Little curious though why you haven't liked almost any of the weapons. There is alot of variation between those so I would assume atleast one would click.

Same! Also, my Bloodtinge build is finished at level 120, so we can fight sometime soon. I think it wound up being my favourite build overall, that Chikage is just so cool.
Chikage is awesome, I love it for some of the Samurai X moves. I gave my hunter a red ponytail too, it's just awesome. I currently have a skill character in the 140's and a skill/bloodtinge at 91, that I'm not really going to stop leveling either, am I going to be gimped that heavily with PVP or are there others like me that don't want to stop leveling, but still want to do some PVP?

mewmew42

Arcane & liberal use of the Flamesprayer?

Every build is fun though? You still have Logarius Wheel, Beast Claw, Kirkhammer, Saw Spear (though it is almost the same as Saw Cleaver), Burial Blade and Stake Driver. Beast Claw and Burial Blade are endgame weapons though. Out of those I would go with Logarius Wheel.

Little curious though why you haven't liked almost any of the weapons. There is alot of variation between those so I would assume atleast one would click.

I'm too used to shield and claymore

I keep pressing L1 to block in bloodborne it's sad

Hope the wheel will click thanks everyone

Wheel is way too similar to being a character that can fast roll with Zweihander while two handing it (and I don't think it's a great weapon overall either). I think you just need to get used to dodging in general.

You have to complete a rather late game quest to even get access to the wheel...or do you just get that from killing Alfred?
Killing Alfred right away won't give you it. You have to wait until a certain point before killing him will drop the badge for it.

myco666

Well the Wheel feels like claymore without the reach. But yeah if you miss shield then there really isn't anything for you since the Wooden Shield is pretty horrendus aside from blocking gun bullets.

You have to complete a rather late game quest to even get access to the wheel...or do you just get that from killing Alfred?

If you kill him after beating Vicar Amelia (when he is front of Forbidden Woods) you get the badge. If you kill him first time meeting him you won't get it.

Well the Wheel feels like claymore without the reach. But yeah if you miss shield then there really isn't anything for you since the Wooden Shield is pretty horrendus aside from blocking gun bullets.

If you kill him after beating Vicar Amelia (when he is front of Forbidden Woods) you get the badge. If you kill him first time meeting him you won't get it.
If that's the case he still has to do a good portion of the beginning with a weapon he doesn't like. I can't exactly imagine a Vicar Amelia fight with a weapon I don't like.

Melchiah

"Hunters do not normally employ shields, ineffectual against the strength of the beasts as they tend to be. Shields are nice, but not if they engender passivity." ;)

I guess being a new to Souls games can be a blessing, in a sense that the lack of shield in combat was never an issue. I wonder though how will it be the other way around, when I play DS3 and have to rely on shield?

"Hunters do not normally employ shields, ineffectual against the strength of the beasts as they tend to be. Shields are nice, but not if they engender passivity." ;)

I guess being a new to Souls games can be a blessing, in a sense that the lack of shield in combat was never an issue. I wonder though how will it be the other way around, when I play DS3 and have to rely on shield?

You shouldn't have to rely on a shield, there are quite a few playthroughs of DS where people 2 hand/dual wheel weapons, personally i'm too much of a coward to not use a shield!

You can play Souls games without relying on the shield. Just have a fast rolling setup.

I actually played a good amount of Demons Souls and Dark Souls...I was actually playing Dark Souls 1 up until I got Bloodborne. It took a bit to transition, but once I did I just loved Bloodborne combat. You have to have a certain balance of being aggressive and knowing when to stay back, but it's a lot of fun. Now going back to Dark Souls on the other hand is not something I'm looking forward too cause I still have to finish Anor Londo.

myco666

If that's the case he still has to do a good portion of the beginning with a weapon he doesn't like. I can't exactly imagine a Vicar Amelia fight with a weapon I don't like.

You can get to that point rather fast though. Only two bosses before it. But yeah fighting any boss with weapon you don't like isn't fun especially VA.

Nah you will be fine since shield isn't required to play those games. It just makes your time easier when you can negate damage without precise dodging. Button layot will be bigger problem since healing is different button (atleast in older games).

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Ive been in Barcelona these past few days and as it turns out, its actually Yharnam

CLBT4pIWoAAJ-7e.jpg:large

I had a very good set of PvP matches, going to lvl 95 was a good choice, the extra points on VIT REALLY makes a difference, makes you wonder how important is on BB compared to other souls games.

Chikage is just so much fun, I even go wild sometimes with the R2 charge attack, so risky and yet so satisfying if it hits.

You can easily play without a shield on the other souls games. Lot's of people do, because they make they game easier, but no shield builds never feels as good as BB.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
How does everyone here feel about healing in PVP? I've been watching a lot of PVP Youtube clips to get a feel for it and a lot of them with commentary are really aggressive about it and get annoyed when people heal.

I tend to not heal until the other person heals first just out of courtesy if it's a mutual PVP. But in the case of invasions I think they have every right to heal since they're trying to play the game and are being forcibly invaded. I feel like, regardless of how things were done in Souls, this game seems to encourage healing in PVP anyway. The inclusion of a counter against it is pretty telling imo.

Without healing fights go way too quickly 99% of the time anyway. It sucks when you're waiting sometimes upwards of 10 minutes for a match and then it's over within 30 seconds.
What I do:

If I'm invading, and it's 2v1, I probably won't heal unless I feel like I have a good chance to win. 2v1 are really hard to win unless you're OP compared to them, especially if they both heal so I usually just don't bother.

If I'm invading and it's 1v1, I'll bow (unless I see them rushing me). If they bow back I won't heal, unless they do, but sometimes I don't even need to. If they rush me (which is OK too) I might heal but I don't care that much.

If I'm being invaded and I'm in a safe spot (near a lamp, no enemies etc.), I'll bow, and if they bow back, I won't heal unless they do.

If I'm being invaded and I'm far into the level, close to enemies, or in some sort of danger, anything goes, I'll gank them 2v1 if I have a friend, or I'll just rush them (if they bow I won't rush, but I'll still heal to survive).

tl;dr: Basically, if I feel the other player wants to duel (bowing, waiting patiently for me to clear enemies, etc.) I won't heal if they don't, and if it's an "anything goes" invasion, I'll heal if I really care about winning. If that makes sense?

ZeroRay

People who say this looks like an uprezzed PS3 game are crazy. This is really the first generation that FROM can dedicate themselves to hardware with the technical fidelity to really let their art shine. I consider Bloodborne the best (or at least one of the best) games I've ever seen. It's definitely the first "next gen" game for me. Only thing that marred my experience a bit are the frame rate/pacing issues. Otherwise it would be the most impressive PS4 game in all aspects.

Ive been in Barcelona these past few days and as it turns out, its actually Yharnam

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLBT4pIWoAAJ-7e.jpg:large[img][/QUOTE]

lol awesome

What weapons do your characters use? I know one of them is an LHB character, but is the other one a Chikage build?

My current primary uses the LHB and hunter's axe both of them studded with 27%+ physical gems.

I haven't worked on the chikage build, grinding through all the dungeon is a lot of effort >_<

ramyeon

Man, I feel so stupid regarding Chalice stuff. I have no idea what half of the stuff is like Fetid, Cursed etc. Basically I want to get to a dungeon where I can farm for good Phys + gems. I notice a few codes floating around for Pthumeru Ihyll Root with Fetid, Cursed and Rotten attributes? Not sure how to get those onto a Root dungeon. About how long would it take me to get to this dungeon on average? I'm at Lower Pthumeru now.

Would co-oping them help speed up the process? I just really don't enjoy the Chalice Dungeons for some reason :/ the architecture and layout really wear me out.

ramyeon

since you guys are sharing screens, a little bit of FashionBlood:

I really love how this combination looks heh.
Hey Fashionborne friend! (Although I use the Hunter's Cap over the helm)
I wish the blue skirt part of the female Knight Set was part of the top - it looks like a long coat when you have both equipped, it'd look so good with a long coat and the Cainhurst legs.

Man, I feel so stupid regarding Chalice stuff. I have no idea what half of the stuff is like Fetid, Cursed etc. Basically I want to get to a dungeon where I can farm for good Phys + gems. I notice a few codes floating around for Pthumeru Ihyll Root with Fetid, Cursed and Rotten attributes? Not sure how to get those onto a Root dungeon. About how long would it take me to get to this dungeon on average? I'm at Lower Pthumeru now.

Would co-oping them help speed up the process? I just really don't enjoy the Chalice Dungeons for some reason :/ the architecture and layout really wear me out.

You need to make a root dungeon with all the offerings first, then you can use codes to farm dungeons with the physical + gems

ramyeon

You need to make a root dungeon with all the offerings first, then you can use codes to farm dungeons with the physical + gems
What dungeons do you need to complete in order to get to Pthumeru Ihyll? I've completed Pthumeru, Central Pthumeru and Lower Pthumeru but that's it. Haven't actually even touched Root Chalices yet.

SoldnerKei

Hey Fashionborne friend! (Although I use the Hunter's Cap over the helm)

I wish the blue skirt part of the female Knight Set was part of the top - it looks like a long coat when you have both equipped, it'd look so good with a long coat and the Cainhurst legs.

mwhahaha almost a twin xD I use the helmet because it gives a much mysterious vibe, but that's just me haha

this game would really benefit from some new gear on the expansion, Fashionborne it's a pretty big deal for me P:

ramyeon

mwhahaha almost a twin xD I use the helmet because it gives a much mysterious vibe, but that's just me haha

this game would really benefit from some new gear on the expansion, Fashionborne it's a pretty big deal for me P:
The helm is cool indeed, I either use the Hunter Cap (Because it hides the frilly collar) or nothing so I can see my character better though.

Also using the Vileblood covenant rune. Not the best effect of the 3 but it feels thematically correct to use it since I'm using all this Cainhurst themed gear, the Chikage and the Evelyn haha.

Looking forward to more selection in the expansion DLC.

Edit: Got invaded in Mensis earlier, was bowing to the guy and he just laid into me. Felt good running up to him and cutting him down with only 3 or 4 hits from my two handed Chikage. Nice try bro.

What dungeons do you need to complete in order to get to Pthumeru Ihyll? I've completed Pthumeru, Central Pthumeru and Lower Pthumeru but that's it. Haven't actually even touched Root Chalices yet.

You need to clear the defiled chalice which is after lower pthumeru. After you clear that you'll have access to ithyll..
You will have to complete other dungeons to get the required material to unlock ithyll which is a total grindfest >_<

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/walkthroughs/13745-Bloodborne-How-to-Fight-the-Secret-Final-Chalice-Dungeon-Boss

ramyeon

You need to clear the defiled chalice which is after lower pthumeru. After you clear that you'll have access to ithyll..
You will have to complete other dungeons to get the required material to unlock ithyll which is a total grindfest >_<

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/walkthroughs/13745-Bloodborne-How-to-Fight-the-Secret-Final-Chalice-Dungeon-Boss
Defiled is the half health one right? Ohhh man this sounds like heaps of fun... Thanks for the link! Been looking for a step by step basic guide to it like that.

myco666

Hardly a grindfest considering you get all you need from few chest and dont even have to complete all chalices fully to get everything you need.

Melchiah

You shouldn't have to rely on a shield, there are quite a few playthroughs of DS where people 2 hand/dual wheel weapons, personally i'm too much of a coward to not use a shield!

I actually played a good amount of Demons Souls and Dark Souls...I was actually playing Dark Souls 1 up until I got Bloodborne. It took a bit to transition, but once I did I just loved Bloodborne combat. You have to have a certain balance of being aggressive and knowing when to stay back, but it's a lot of fun. Now going back to Dark Souls on the other hand is not something I'm looking forward too cause I still have to finish Anor Londo.

You can play Souls games without relying on the shield. Just have a fast rolling setup.

Nah you will be fine since shield isn't required to play those games. It just makes your time easier when you can negate damage without precise dodging. Button layot will be bigger problem since healing is different button (atleast in older games).

You can easily play without a shield on the other souls games. Lot's of people do, because they make they game easier, but no shield builds never feels as good as BB.

Huh, lots of replies. o_O It's good to know playing without a shield is viable in DS as well. Atlhough, I'm not sure that I want to do so, if the movement isn't the same. Not to mention, that there's no regain system in DS1+2. I was happy to hear though, that the movement in DS3 should be a step towards that of BB. Nevertheless, DS3 is my most awaited release after BB's expansion.

My current primary uses the LHB and hunter's axe both of them studded with 27%+ physical gems.

I haven't worked on the chikage build, grinding through all the dungeon is a lot of effort >_<
I must be crazy for going through the dungeons with two characters then. I cleared a good amount with my skill character already and my skill bloodtinge has made it through lower hintertomb and the first 2 layers of lower pthumeru, not looking forward to the next 2 layers of that one. Am I the only one that wears the dresses with the Knight Set and a top hat?

Hardly a grindfest considering you get all you need from few chest and dont even have to complete all chalices fully to get everything you need.

Not for you but it was definitely a grindfest for me.

I must be crazy for going through the dungeons with two characters then. I cleared a good amount with my skill character already and my skill bloodtinge has made it through lower hintertomb and the first 2 layers of lower pthumeru, not looking forward to the next 2 layers of that one. Am I the only one that wears the dresses with the Knight Set and a top hat?

I guess i'm pretty satisfied with the LBH and Axe combo and so I don't feel the need to go through the dungeon, I am tough just very very slowly. That'll change if cannon goose manages to annihilate me in PvP :p

I guess i'm pretty satisfied with the LBH and Axe combo and so I don't feel the need to go through the dungeon, I am tough just very very slowly. That'll change if cannon goose manages to annihilate me in PvP :p
I hope you do manage to make good progress on your Chikage build, since that's a pretty fun weapon. It's interesting seeing what is and isn't a challenge for each character.

On my third playthrough I decided to mess around with a glitch to reach the Forbidden Forest early. I did that then went to the clinic first. I got the Cainhurst summons where do I go to use it.

Hi everyone, been lurking here for a while. Made an account just to co op in Bloodborne and now it got activated months after I got platinum lol. Still keep coming back to it, such a great game.

On my third playthrough I decided to mess around with a glitch to reach the Forbidden Forest early. I did that then went to the clinic first. I got the Cainhurst summons where do I go to use it.

The carriage arrives in Hemwick where you encouter the 2-3 yahargul executioners. Make sure to light the lamp once you reach there since you can't go back again if you die without lighting the lamp.

Top Bottom