• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Cool, I've got the beckoning bell going so you should be able to pick me up right? Not sure exactly how this works!
Stay outside the lamp if you see the icon going dark por with an X is not searching anymore , i think you need to set a password too since our lv would be not the same

ramyeon

Stay ouside the lamp if you see the icon going dark is not searching anymore , i think you need to ser a password too since ourvlv would be not the same
Set password to 1234 in the Network menu just now, is that right?
You shouldn't need that much help with the first layer, second layer boss is a bit tricky as well, but doable if you keep you distance during the last phase. Just BMA the fucking thing from afar.
True, it doesn't seem too challenging in this dungeon just yet. Better with company though, these dungeons just wear me out when I do them alone lol.

Set password to 1234 in the Network menu just now, is that right?

True, it doesn't seem too challenging in this dungeon just yet. Better with company though, these dungeons just wear me out when I do them alone lol.
I've been fine solo for the most part minus Defiled Amygdala...have fun with that shit.

ramyeon

Doesn't seem to be working? I keep seeing a fog gate appear and then disappear near the lamp. Then after awhile I get booted back to the main menu.

ramyeon

I am in the corridor just the put the search in worldwide

Maybe PSN is funky again if is kicking you
Hmm yeah weird, I'm trying again now. Search is set to Worldwide. I can see a ghost of a player in the corridor.

Edit: Booted again :/ might have to try fiddling around with my PS4's network settings a bit today.

Edit 2: Just set my PS4 as my DMZ in my router settings, hopefully that improves my luck with connecting for co-op.

2AdEPT

I'm not looking forward to any of the Defiled stuff period :(

Edit; just got disconnected and booted back to the main menu while using the Beckoning Bell :/

It was the only time in any souls borne game where I didnt feel guilty raising my HP stat. Raise away!

lord_lad

Banned
IMO Defiled Amy is easier to solo since you can control the fight when soloing. In coop I often can't get hits in or die because I thought Amy wasn't focusing on me.

pretty much this.....solo, defiled amy's head will also be facing you so it's easier to dodge her attack and run towards her for a direct hit to the head..

coop, she's facing others and her arms will always be blocking her head.

Hmm yeah weird, I'm trying again now. Search is set to Worldwide. I can see a ghost of a player in the corridor.

Edit: Booted again :/ might have to try fiddling around with my PS4's network settings a bit today.

Edit 2: Just set my PS4 as my DMZ in my router settings, hopefully that improves my luck with connecting for co-op.

Co-op seems really weird in this game. I can guarantee that the first time I use the Beckoning Bell I will summon someone instantly, but then will not be able to get another summon ever again. It's happened so many times and I have no idea how to make it work better.

The frustrating thing is that when it works, it works incredibly well. I went to summon Alfred for BSB just to see how much he helped (not much) and the moment he spawned in I used the Silencing Blank. The bell had really only been ringing for about five seconds before I silenced it and yet after Alfred came in another human player also got summoned! It is infuriating to be waiting for 30 minutes with zero summons after seeing it work flawlessly the first time.

ramyeon

It was the only time in any souls borne game where I didnt feel guilty raising my HP stat. Raise away!
I've capped myself at level 120 so I probably won't be raising it any further (At 45 vit) since that seems to be the sweet spot for PVP. Hopefully 120 is high enough to take on the dungeons at least up until Queen Yharnam.
Co-op seems really weird in this game. I can guarantee that the first time I use the Beckoning Bell I will summon someone instantly, but then will not be able to get another summon ever again. It's happened so many times and I have no idea how to make it work better.

The frustrating thing is that when it works, it works incredibly well. I went to summon Alfred for BSB just to see how much he helped (not much) and the moment he spawned in I used the Silencing Blank. The bell had really only been ringing for about five seconds before I silenced it and yet after Alfred came in another human player also got summoned! It is infuriating to be waiting for 30 minutes with zero summons after seeing it work flawlessly the first time.
Yeah it's really spotty. I haven't had too much issue with getting random PVP matches but as far as co-op goes I haven't had much luck so far. Haven't tried since changing my router settings but I can't imagine it'll make that much of a difference haha.

Well this explains why my kills of her are usually cleaner. I think I'm usually rocking a +7 something by this point cause I think I usually take Cainhurst before this or at the very least a +6...that and I visceral a lot. Why is she harder than the Mensis hunter. I visceraled him once and then just chopped him down in like 2-3 hits with the transformed Chikage as he was getting up.

It's true, i dumped all my stats into vitality and was really underleveled

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Keep in mind the players you summon are physically close to where you are. So if you're moving about while beckoning, you might be moving away from an area where players are ringing their resonant bell. On the flipside if you're standing still, best hope it's an area where other players are waiting too, otherwise you'll never find anyone.

Rozart

2v6dX2Q.png

Finally finished up with NG+ last night and got my plat! This is the only platinum I bothered to work towards. Says a lot about how much I love this game. :)

mulac

Ok I need help.
Made it to the Watchdog (Defiled Layer 2) but he's kicking my ass - 6th time now.

Rang a beckoning bell but nothing happened.

Anyone care to help a poor hunter out?

I'm not looking forward to any of the Defiled stuff period :(

Edit; just got disconnected and booted back to the main menu while using the Beckoning Bell :/
I actually don't find them to be that bad, you just got to be really god damn careful. Granted there are certain parts that can kiss my ass. I'd definitely pay attention to spacing and mobs in I think layer two cause there's a rough one in there if I'm remembering it right. Parts of layer three are fucked though, fuck that room with fat Sonic.

myco666

Ok I need help.
Made it to the Watchdog (Defiled Layer 2) but he's kicking my ass - 6th time now.

Rang a beckoning bell but nothing happened.

Anyone care to help a poor hunter out?

You need to share the dungeon to allow people to join. Also six tries isn't really that much. It took me dozens of tries to get the rhythm down and keep my cool when close to finishing the fight.

I can help after few hours though.

Finally beat E
brietas.
Still never ended up learning how to dodge her charge effectively, and even when I killed her I died at the same time. I'm just happy to finally have downed her.

I'm confused as to the first chalice, is it meant to just go to the third layer then the next part? When does it start to get hard? Not really looking to add any modifiers just to complete them all with my brother.

ramyeon

I'm confused as to the first chalice, is it meant to just go to the third layer then the next part? When does it start to get hard? Not really looking to add any modifiers just to complete them all with my brother.
The Pthumeru Chalice only goes to Layer 3, that's right. Then there's Central and Lower Pthumeru (Three layers and four layers respectively). Lower Pthumeru is starting to get difficult but I don't think the difficulty ramps up much until either Ailing Loran or Cursed Pthumerian Defilement depending on your level.

As far as I understand if you just want to complete the main lore related dungeons then you need to do

Pthumerian > Central Pthumerian > Lower Pthumerian > Ailing Loran > Cursed Pthumerian Defilement > Great Isz > Pthumeru Ihyll.

The Pthumeru Chalice only goes to Layer 3, that's right. Then there's Central and Lower Pthumeru (Three layers and four layers respectively). Lower Pthumeru is starting to get difficult but I don't think the difficulty ramps up much until either Ailing Loran or Cursed Pthumerian Defilement depending on your level.

As far as I understand if you just want to complete the main lore related dungeons then you need to do

Pthumerian > Central Pthumerian > Lower Pthumerian > Ailing Loran > Cursed Pthumerian Defilement, Pthumeru Ihyll.

Ah okay, cheers. We are level 100+ so its pretty simple going at the moment.

Melchiah

She is so easy to corner fuck it's not even funny. Melchiah and I have some hilarious fight footage with her. Just parry, visceral and swing away as she gets up.

Speaking of videos... I watched your fight against the Watchdog, and it puzzled me that in the last phase of the fight I made +1700 damage per hit, and you made about 300-400. My stats are probably higher than yours, but it doesn't explain that big of a difference, because in the first phase of the fight the difference was only +200 per hit, and we both used the Cane's whip form. Could it be, that it raised the damage when I got the dog to its knees three times in a row before the last phase? I used Empty Phantasm Shell, but it didn't seem to affect the damage, and it should increase it only by 80 in the best case.

It didn't use the area attack against me either, whereas that happened few times in your fight. EDIT: Dunno if that was because my fight took only about 5 minutes due to the higher damage.

Speaking of videos... I watched your fight against the Watchdog, and it puzzled me that in the last phase of the fight I made +1700 damage per hit, and you made about 300-400. My stats are probably higher than yours, but it doesn't explain that big of a difference, because in the first phase of the fight the difference was only +200 per hit, and we both used the Cane's whip form. Could it be, that it raised the damage when I got the dog to its knees three times in a row before the last phase? I used Empty Phantasm Shell, but it didn't seem to affect the damage, and it should increase it only by 80 in the best case.

It didn't use the area attack against me either, whereas that happened few times in your fight.
I'm going to assume you have much higher physical gems than I do, I haven't looked at what I have recently, but I think one of my cursed gems lowers beast damage or some shit, I have no idea. There's also a chance you broke the super armor more.

Melchiah

I'm going to assume you have much higher physical gems than I do, I haven't looked at what I have recently, but I think one of my cursed gems lowers beast damage or some shit, I have no idea. There's also a chance you broke the super armor more.

IIRC, I got two 19,5% and one 18% physical attack gems on my cane (EDIT: 530 total damage), but it still makes me wonder about the difference between the damage during those two phases. I don't use the cursed gems due to the negatives in them. It could be, that I managed to break its armor before the second phase.

IIRC, I got two 19,5% and one 18% physical attack gems on my cane (EDIT: 530 total damage), but it still makes me wonder about the difference between the damage during those two phases. I don't use the cursed gems due to the negatives in them. It could be, that I managed to break its armor before the second phase.
Damn even normal hits there's a huge difference between our damage outputs cause even before the super armor get broken I'm doing just over 300 and you're doing over 500, it's crazy, probably a level and gem difference. I might have been late 130's or 140 when I fought that thing, my skill has been maxed out for quite some time too, put a bit into strength as well. Maybe I should take a picture of my current stats and post them when I get home for both character cause damn that's weird. You seem to be R2 swinging when you attack his head. Looking at it some more I'm definitely getting some sort of down stat with that cursed gem, but I use it cause the physical is so high on it.

neoemonk

Going in blind to this starting tonight. Finished Demon's Souls up through NG++ and finished Dark Souls I and II on PC. I'm hopeful it lives up to its pedigree.

Shari

Going in blind to this starting tonight. Finished Demon's Souls up through NG++ and finished Dark Souls I and II on PC. I'm hopeful it lives up to its pedigree.

If you're coming from DS2 on PC your eyes are going to bleed for the first 3 or 4 sessions because of framerate and you'll probably want to make it stop once you arrive to the third area or so in the game. If you feel its unbareable (happened to me) just play offline that zone, the rest ain't that bad.

You're in for a treat, enjoy.

Melchiah

Damn even normal hits there's a huge difference between our damage outputs cause even before the super armor get broken I'm doing just over 300 and you're doing over 500, it's crazy, probably a level and gem difference. I might have been late 130's or 140 when I fought that thing, my skill has been maxed out for quite some time too, put a bit into strength as well. Maybe I should take a picture of my current stats and post them when I get home for both character cause damn that's weird.

Well, I was at level 200 when I fought him, with 52 skill and 50 strength. ;) The difference of 1700 vs. 300-400 damage in the last phase is still puzzling.

EDIT:
You seem to be R2 swinging when you attack his head. Looking at it some more I'm definitely getting some sort of down stat with that cursed gem, but I use it cause the physical is so high on it.

Yeah, that's right, I used R2. Did you use R1 instead?

Anung

Un Rama
Started a new character today after putting 100 hours into my other one. I think I'll focus on Bloodtinge and Arcane this time and be a gunslinger magic badass.

Well, I was at level 200 when I fought him, with 52 skill and 50 strength. ;) The difference of 1700 vs. 300-400 damage in the last phase is still puzzling.

EDIT:

Yeah, that's right, I used R2. Did you use R1 instead?
Cane gets a bump from the strength as well and combining that with my gem that cuts down some of the beast damage and my R1 swings it makes some sense. My strength might have been 23 or 24 or something, currently it's at like 25, but that's after I fought it...you're seriously leveled. Might also be because of the extra points in skill too, which I just left alone once it hit 50.

Melchiah

Cane gets a bump from the strength as well and combining that with my gem that cuts down some of the beast damage and my R1 swings it makes some sense. My strength might have been 23 or 24 or something, currently it's at like 25, but that's after I fought it...you're seriously leveled. Might also be because of the extra points in skill too, which I just left alone once it hit 50.

It could be all those combined, that make the difference. Yeah, I was about to leave skill at 50 as well, but at some point I noticed it gave me a good increase for levelling up to 52. Probably due to gems. I would have to go to level 54 to increase damage from 530 to 531, and that's just not worth it when it takes nearly 300k echoes for one level at this point.

It could be all those combined, that make the difference. Yeah, I was about to leave skill at 50 as well, but at some point I noticed it gave me a good increase for levelling up to 52. Probably due to gems. I would have to go to level 54 to increase damage from 530 to 531, and that's just not worth it when it takes nearly 300k echoes for one level at this point.
Yeah that's some craziness, it's takes over 125K for me to level and I just either put that into strength or bloodtinge currently, though my god my 144 character has less blood damage than my 94 character, it's hilarious actually.

Melchiah

Yeah that's some craziness, it's takes over 125K for me to level and I just either put that into strength or bloodtinge currently, though my god my 144 character has less blood damage than my 94 character, it's hilarious actually.

I've left endurance at 33, and I've just recently increased arcane stats, so I can use some of the hunter tools, like Empty Phantasm Shell. Vitality and blood tinge are at 50 as well. The latter gives my +10 Evelyn 365 of damage with 21.6% (IIRC) gem. =)

My stats from the Mergo's Loft farming round video I made recently:
RGmSHQZ.jpg

I've left endurance at 33, and I've just recently increased arcane stats, so I can use some of the hunter tools, like Empty Phantasm Shell. Vitality and blood tinge are at 50 as well. The latter gives my +10 Evelyn 365 of damage with 21.6% (IIRC) gem. =)

My stats from the Mergo's Loft farming round video I made recently:
RGmSHQZ.jpg
What the fuck is your second weapon? The LHB? Those stats are crazy. I think somebody in a Fextralife had Vit up to 72 or something. Just watched it again:
Level 252:
Vit 75
End 55
Str 40
Skl 50
Bld 32
Arc 50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=41&v=QYSFIhuaslc

Melchiah

What the fuck is your second weapon? The LHB? Those stats are crazy. I think somebody in a Fextralife had Vit up to 72 or something.

Yeah, it's Ludwig with three 18% gems. Eventhough it has such a high damage, I don't really like to use it over the cane. Huh, Vit 72 is damn high. It makes me wonder what kind of stats the NG+614 streamer had.

Agram

What changes have been made in recent patches to the loot you find in dungeons? Are gems now more common or? I'm really trying to like dungeons but I prefer the main game.

What changes have been made in recent patches to the loot you find in dungeons? Are gems now more common or? I'm really trying to like dungeons but I prefer the main game.
You do get gems as loot, effectiveness depends of the difficulty of the dungeons, you can also get shards as boss loot too and the occasional chunks, but not until the Isz dungeons it seems like.
Yeah, it's Ludwig with three 18% gems. Eventhough it has such a high damage, I don't really like to use it over the cane. Huh, Vit 72 is damn high. It makes me wonder what kind of stats the NG+614 streamer had.
Yeah oddly enough my three favorite weapons have been Cane, Chikage, Burial Blade in pretty much that order, though I really like the Blades of Mercy a lot too so I guess that's my current top 4. I like the LHB, but playing with it isn't that much fun. Regarding stats that streamer must have some high ass stats, I'm also still trying to figure out Ray Dhimitri's stats from Youtube cause that person just steamrolls everything, though the fights are just too boring looking.

Agram

You do get gems as loot, effectiveness depends of the difficulty of the dungeons, you can also get shards as boss loot too and the occasional chunks, but not until the Isz dungeons it seems like.
I guess I'll start playing dungeons again. After getting the platinum I was tired of the same layout in dungeons and weak rewards so that's nice to hear!

Edit: And, is Chikage really that good? Everyone here loves it but I never really tried Bloodtinge build. Might have to do that next haha

Melchiah

Yeah oddly enough my three favorite weapons have been Cane, Chikage, Burial Blade in pretty much that order, though I really like the Blades of Mercy a lot too so I guess that's my current top 4. I like the LHB, but playing with it isn't that much fun.

I've got +9 Saw Cleaver and Burial Blade, +8 Blades of Mercy, and +7 Chikage, but I haven't really used any of those because I just love the Cane too much. =) I still can't decide which of them to give the Blood Rock I have.

EDIT:
Regarding stats that streamer must have some high ass stats, I'm also still trying to figure out Ray Dhimitri's stats from Youtube cause that person just steamrolls everything, though the fights are just too boring looking.

The NG+614 streamer managed to stagger and kill
Gehrman
within a minute, and the two mandatory bosses before that went down very quickly as well.

I've got +9 Saw Cleaver and Burial Blade, +8 Blades of Mercy, and +7 Chikage, but I haven't really used any of those because I just love the Cane too much. =) I still can't decide which of them to give the Blood Rock I have.
Give the chikage a try, you have the stats to make it really good actually cause that bloodtinge mode is fucking crazy. Just give it some good gems and get used to switching in and out of the modes and you'll be more than fine. I wasn't expecting to like the Chikage, but I've been loving it on my second character.

Agram

I love Blades of Mercy so I recommend that! That weapon is amazing in PvP and general 1 on 1 combat.

Melchiah

Give the chikage a try, you have the stats to make it really good actually cause that bloodtinge mode is fucking crazy. Just give it some good stats and get used to switching in and out of the modes and you'll be more than fine.

I love Blades of Mercy so I recommend that! That weapon is amazing in PvP and general 1 on 1 combat.

I do like how the Burial Blade gets arcane and fire/bolt damage increase on top of the physical with certain gems, and to my understanding it should be pretty good in knocking out the enemies. The Chikage seems like a good option as well with my BT stats. I don't do PVP, and the minus side with BOM is its reach. Although, its speed and staggering power compensate for that.

Agram

I do like how the Burial Blade gets arcane and fire/bolt damage increase on top of the physical with certain gems, and to my understanding it should be pretty good in knocking out the enemies. The Chikage seems like a good option as well with my BT stats. I don't do PVP, and the minus side with BOM is its reach. Although, its speed and staggering power compensate for that.
You have good stats so choose the weapon you like most. They will scale well.

With my first character I'm running around with a gem that does bolt and physical damage, I should probably consider boosting my arcane to add some damage for the bolt gem. Charging up the Burial Blade and having it rag doll some of the enemies into walls is actually pretty funny, also gives you another good reach option with the cane.

Top Bottom