• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Hi everyone, been lurking here for a while. Made an account just to co op in Bloodborne and now it got activated months after I got platinum lol. Still keep coming back to it, such a great game.

The carriage arrives in Hemwick where you encouter the 2-3 yahargul executioners. Make sure to light the lamp once you reach there since you can't go back again if you die without lighting the lamp.

Thanks for the tip and welcome to GAF.

I'm a sucker for winter & snow so it felt like it's tailor made for me. And of course, not to forget, her majesty. :D *Kneels*
You have to love Martyr Lofuckyourshitup. Good enemy design as well, it's also interesting how most of the enemies in the castle use swords, might be the most medieval area of Bloodborne.

Agram

I haven't been active in the thread for a while so I wonder if the purpose of the ring you find in dungeons was discovered. I know that the queen rejects your offer.

You have to love Martyr Lofuckyourshitup. Good enemy design as well, it's also interesting how most of the enemies in the castle use swords, might be the most medieval area of Bloodborne.

The Martyr Logarius fight is one of the many memorable ones in the game, partly because of the buildup towards finally meeting Master Logarius, the leader of the executioners and seeing how he's become a shell of his former self, spending the last of his breath to hide the last of the Vilebloods from spreading their kind again. And partly because how much of a throwback it is to Allant and Gwyn. Even managed to take a selfie with him once. :D
CDFUOuJVIAEJlmO.jpg:large

I agree with the enemies, Cainhurst really felt like the castle forgotten in time. Makes it stand out from the rest even more.

How much time does everyone have logged in for Bloodborne? Mine is 174 hours.
I think I finally hit 120+ last night.
The Martyr Logarius fight is one of the many memorable ones in the game, partly because of the buildup towards finally meeting Master Logarius, the leader of the executioners and seeing how he's become a shell of his former self, spending the last of his breath to hide the last of the Vilebloods from spreading their kind again. And partly because how much of a throwback it is to Allant and Gwyn. Even managed to take a selfie with him once. :D
CDFUOuJVIAEJlmO.jpg:large

I agree with the enemies, Cainhurst really felt like the castle forgotten in time. Makes it stand out from the rest even more.
When at the right level he's so much fun to fight though I can easily see him becoming a grind if you're under leveled though. I've never even tried taking a selfie while fighting a boss.

I think I finally hit 120+ last night.

When at the right level he's so much fun to fight though I can easily see him becoming a grind if you're under leveled though. I've never even tried taking a selfie while fighting a boss.

That's true for almost all the optional bosses
excluding Celestial Emissary :p
It was during a co op session when the server lagged(?), Logarius was stuck at his spawn point. Never happened with any other bosses though.

BB is the first game I have platinum but I still keep playing. Is fun, since people talks about weapon variety and builds and all, but DkS2 never got my attention as much as this game.

I haven't been active in the thread for a while so I wonder if the purpose of the ring you find in dungeons was discovered. I know that the queen rejects your offer.

Pendant 2.0

I have other games, unopened, but I don't want to play them over Bloodborne. I'm chasing the platinum in this game. I'm going to hate dealing with NG++ DLC or NG+ depending on which character I use.
I've been meaning to play the Witcher but that game is glitched from hell to back now. I sent you a friend request BTW.

I've been meaning to play the Witcher but that game is glitched from hell to back now. I sent you a friend request BTW.
I saw the Witcher combat...didn't bother with it...maybe during a price drop though...still need to open Dark Souls 2, FF Type 0 HD, Evil Within and Alien Isolation...my god. If I'm lucky I'll be able to put this down when MGSV comes out...I hope lol. Thanks for the request, I'm pretty sure I'll be back on tomorrow, today is gym day.

Having trouble with Rom. What's the easiest way to deal with him? Do I take out the spiders first?
That would help since they can't interrupt your attacks on Rom. Also pay attention to Rom's sounds and movements cause that will tell you what attack to look out for. He's actually quite limited in his move set. Also put on some bolt paper.

ramyeon

I'd only take out the first wave of spiders since Rom will not attack you at that point. After that it's probably better to just go around them and head straight for Rom. You can get in and out without getting hit by them pretty easily. The more time you spend picking them off while Rom launches her attacks at you, the more chances you have to die.

Having trouble with Rom. What's the easiest way to deal with him? Do I take out the spiders first?
It somewhat depends how high your vitality is. If you can comfortably survive getting blindsided by a little minion here and there, then hit and run works reasonably well. But if you can dodge all of Rom's attacks it will be less stressful and easier to get rid of the little guys first, especially if your vit is low. The only attack that should give you much trouble is the meteors. Here's what worked for me: As soon as you read her tell start running (not walking or rolling) in her general direction; as long as you're up to full speed when the meteors land and you keep running, they should all miss.

mulac

Keeper of Old Lords (defiled chalice) keeps kicking my ass...had her down to 2% health last night and then she just unleashed a torrent of attack at me that one-shotted...

Going to try again tonight and not rest till i beat her - only 6 bosses till the platinum!

Using Saw Spear +10 with bolt - might try my +7 Chikage as I read that can have an impact...

Melchiah

Keeper of Old Lords (defiled chalice) keeps kicking my ass...had her down to 2% health last night and then she just unleashed a torrent of attack at me that one-shotted...

Going to try again tonight and not rest till i beat her - only 6 bosses till the platinum!

Using Saw Spear +10 with bolt - might try my +7 Chikage as I read that can have an impact...

There's no need for Bolt/Fire Paper. Parry + visceral combo works well, followed with several R1 strikes with a fast weapon like the Cane. Here's how I beat her using that method: https://youtu.be/mcePUbPDcFM

ramyeon

I personally find Bloodborne to be random to the point where I get rid of the spiders just to be sure.
I don't think either way is wrong - picking them off just takes more time. I've never killed the spiders in Rom fights and never died to her so it definitely works too. I think it was ENB that said he reckons the only bad thing to do is not kill them then decide half way to kill them since by that point they've built up so much it's pointless. Better off choosing what you're gonna do from the get go and sticking with it.

She is so easy to corner fuck it's not even funny. Melchiah and I have some hilarious fight footage with her. Just parry, visceral and swing away as she gets up.
I don't think either way is wrong - picking them off just takes more time. I've never killed the spiders in Rom fights and never died to her so it definitely works too. I think it was ENB that said he reckons the only bad thing to do is not kill them then decide half way to kill them since by that point they've built up so much it's pointless. Better off choosing what you're gonna do from the get go and sticking with it.
Yeah I usually just commit to killing them from the get go. Hasn't really failed me yet. Though I sort of think it's a must for chalice Rom, that space is cramped.

ramyeon

The grind was real but I've finally done it.
I don't know if this is the optimal stat distribution but it works well for how I use the Chikage. I'd hate for my Skill to be low to the point where it wouldn't deal much damage in one hand mode. Two hand mode still wrecks shit but probably not as much as if I had put less points into Skill and more into Tinge. Oh well.

Now time to do this Chalice stuff.

Yeah I usually just commit to killing them from the get go. Hasn't really failed me yet. Though I sort of think it's a must for chalice Rom, that space is cramped.
Nope, I hit and run her in the chalice. It wasn't until my BL4 run that I felt compelled to kill off all the spiders. Too frustrating to keep getting one-shot by minions.

mulac

She is so easy to corner fuck it's not even funny. Melchiah and I have some hilarious fight footage with her. Just parry, visceral and swing away as she gets up.

GOT IT..
Cheers - likely overthinking it...fully aware the *real* final boss battle is coming up next at Layer2 of this dungeon so this one should really be a no-brainer. Probabaly was just too tired...

ramyeon

On Cainhurst - I like it. Wish it was a bit bigger and more polished.
Not sure about more polished, I thought the area was really polished. The level design was fantastic.

Bigger I can agree with, although I might also like it so much because it doesn't outstay its welcome.

Cainhurst was big enough, due to the tick women you really can't navigate too much of it safely any way. Byrgenwerth on the other hand should've been bigger.

Yep Byrgenwerth should have been bigger :-( It feels like half of it fell in the lake. There should have been a mechanism of exploring sunken byrgenwerth

ramyeon

Byrgenwerth was the biggest letdown as far as areas are concerned. They mentioned it so much leading up to it that I was expecting it to be way more impressive.

Byrgenwerth was the biggest letdown as far as areas are concerned. They mentioned it so much leading up to it that I was expecting it to be way more impressive.
I know. The place consists of like 6 Seth Brundles, Hermione Granger, a meteor shooting pokemon, a fat man and a bunch of spiders.

My guess is fighting with a piss poor unupgraded weapon.
Well this explains why my kills of her are usually cleaner. I think I'm usually rocking a +7 something by this point cause I think I usually take Cainhurst before this or at the very least a +6...that and I visceral a lot. Why is she harder than the Mensis hunter. I visceraled him once and then just chopped him down in like 2-3 hits with the transformed Chikage as he was getting up.

ramyeon

I am con the vey first lamp right now
Cool, I've got the beckoning bell going so you should be able to pick me up right? Not sure exactly how this works!

Pretty sure I just saw your ghost haha.

Edit: if you come into the first hallway after the lamp and ring your resonant bell it should connect us.

Top Bottom