• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

With my first character I'm running around with a gem that does bolt and physical damage, I should probably consider boosting my arcane to add some damage for the bolt gem. Charging up the Burial Blade and having it rag doll some of the enemies into walls is actually pretty funny, also gives you another good reach option with the cane.

Hey! how much damage do you do with the chikage? Can you post your stats?

Hey! how much damage do you do with the chikage? Can you post your stats?
I think 4 something with my second character in transformed mode, I'll have to check when I get home, but yeah I'll try to screen grab the screen to both characters. My first character doesn't have the bloodtinge scaling to out damage my second character with that thing, plus the gem differences and it's only +6 on my first character. Second character has like a 35 in bloodtinge, good gems and it's currently +9.

^
I've got 971 AR on the LBH and do insane damage but barely tickle mobs in nightmare frontier with the chikage and i've got 42 BT and 40 skill on that character :-(

^
I've got 971 AR on the LBH and do insane damage but barely tickle mobs in nightmare frontier with the chikage and i've got 42 BT and 40 skill on that character :-(
Well that's interesting. I've been doing a good amount of damage in Mensis with it. Do you upgrade it? I pretty much just give it my best gems. You on NG+? Are you using the transformed mode as well? Cause that's where a lot of the good damage is.

Good lord farming Chalice Dungeon materials is boring! I still need about eight Tomb Mould (5), ten Ritual Blood (5), three Yellow Backbone, and one Sage's Hair before I can open the big Pthumeru Ihyll Root Chalice and start farming the good gems.

Good lord farming Chalice Dungeon materials is boring! I still need about eight Tomb Mould (5), ten Ritual Blood (5), three Yellow Backbone, and one Sage's Hair before I can open the big Pthumeru Ihyll Root Chalice and start farming the good gems.

You mean the Root Chalices, yes those chalices requires a lot of grind
yet you can get access to the last upgrade material for lv10 and uncanny and lost weapons

mulac

Who wants to help me with Amygdala.
Defiled Layer 3.

She's got me around @15 times now...

Glyph Code jf5gexae

This Plat hunt is soooo close to completion!!

So currently these are the stats to my second character:
11825618_10154323104557195_6844292972584050054_n.jpg

Well that's interesting. I've been doing a good amount of damage in Mensis with it. Do you upgrade it? I pretty much just give it my best gems. You on NG+? Are you using the transformed mode as well? Cause that's where a lot of the good damage is.

It's a +9 by attack rating is 350+ , in NG and i'm doing 45 on each swipe 1 handed and 86 two handed at nightmare frontier
Edit: I might be on Ng+, yep definitely NG+
Heh I haven't played in so long that i forgot if i was on NG+ or NG, smh!

Anyone want to help me get through the defiled chalice dungeon later on?

I am on level 2 of the public wiki defiled chalice from here

http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Defiled+Chalice

Fextra Defiled dungeon via this Glyph: b4bi2s3n

i can help deku, message me on psn whenever you're ready

After
Ebrietas
, it was sort of a breeze through the rest of the game. Just beat it earlier today. I got two of the endings so far, I actually beat (Major end spoilers)
Gehrman on my first try and went holy shit went it went straight into moon presence, but I ended up beating it on the first try as well.
After that I tried to go in for the final ending after refusing and now I'm having trouble on the fight I already beat my first try. Go figure.

Not to work on the Chalice dungeons.

ramyeon

Anyone down to try some Chalice co-op in a bit? I'm in Lower Pthumeru Layer 3 now but I don't mind running through the first two layers again. Had a few connection issues yesterday but hopefully more luck today!

Anyone down to try some Chalice co-op in a bit? I'm in Lower Pthumeru Layer 3 now but I don't mind running through the first two layers again. Had a few connection issues yesterday but hopefully more luck today!
I can try to help after dinner. I just have to beat the boss there, hopefully you can wait about a half hour?

Just booting up now, we can 3 person coop right? I don't mind waiting a bit!
My level 97 Skill/Bloodtinge is probably the weakest out of the 3 of us, but she should still be able to pull her own weight. On now, send a friend request, warning you now I have no headset.

ramyeon

My level 97 Skill/Bloodtinge is probably the weakest out of the 3 of us, but she should still be able to pull her own weight. On now, send a friend request, warning you now I have no headset.
Awesome, will send a request now. No worries I don't have a headset either so we'll have to make do with gestures and messages haha.

ramyeon

Summon us, we couldn't even connect.
I think what you need to do is search using my glyph and come into my version of the dungeon, in my version of the dungeon none of the bosses will be defeated yet for you. I can't ring the Beckoning Bell to summon you cause I already beat the Layer 1 boss, but in your instance of my dungeon he'll still be alive. So you should be able to summon me with the beckoning bell, we can do layer 1 and 2 in your instance of my dungeon and then I will be able to summon you to layer 3 of my instance of my dungeon. Does that make sense? It's super convoluted the way they've done this.

If you can't use the beckoning bell now I think it means you're in your version of Lower Pthumeru where you've already beaten the boss, you need to be in the one using my glyph.

Ok, i am on the boss corridor before the stairs. Lower p second floor 1234
I hate undead giant
Ringing Bell, do I need your glyph? Why is this nonsense so complicated?
I think what you need to do is search using my glyph and come into my version of the dungeon, in my version of the dungeon none of the bosses will be defeated yet for you. I can't ring the Beckoning Bell to summon you cause I already beat the Layer 1 boss, but in your instance of my dungeon he'll still be alive. So you should be able to summon me with the beckoning bell, we can do layer 1 and 2 in your instance of my dungeon and then I will be able to summon you to layer 3 of my instance of my dungeon. Does that make sense? It's super convoluted the way they've done this.

If you can't use the beckoning bell now I think it means you're in your version of Lower Pthumeru where you've already beaten the boss, you need to be in the one using my glyph.
Super convoluted, I have to beat bosses I've beaten already in my dungeon, oy.

ramyeon

It also means that if we do the whole dungeon as 3 people we need to do every floor 3 times in order to clear it for everyone. Only the host clears it when a boss is beaten. It reminds me of the way urgent missions were handled in Monster Hunter's online, super annoying.

It also means that if we do the whole dungeon as 3 people we need to do every floor 3 times in order to clear it for everyone. Only the host clears it when a boss is beaten. It reminds me of the way urgent missions were handled in Monster Hunter's online, super annoying.
So I need to ring the beckoning bell in my version of your dungeon?

Yup i hate coop chalice if the host is already on las boss

ramyeon

Yup i hate coop chalice if the host is already on las boss
It's so stupid, this has to be the most convoluted online system I've ever seen. I don't know how long it should take to match us either. I'm just standing still with my bell ringing hoping it will work but there no indication of whether it's working or not :/

Deku Tree

Thanks again Dhruv for the carry through the Defiled Chalice!

What does it mean when it says that "this chalice dungeon has been deleted from the server" in red at the bottom of my screen? It is my own private dungeon. Can I still enter it?

ramyeon

Been ringing for like 10 mins + now... Surely it shouldn't take this long? I can even see Jaded's character's ghost standing next to me every now and then.

Pretty much. At least for Chalice stuff I should be able to just see a list of friends online and invite them into my dungeon. This is so dumb. And we have to do this again after every boss...
Fucking my god, that's crazy. I know the didn't want to break the game, but this is just stupid.

mulac

DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now to play something more calming...like Journey.

What an epic, epic game - by far the greatest i've played in a LONG time.

Need to sit and reflect on this now...

Very proud that this is my second ever Platinum (first was Ni No Kuni last year).

ramyeon

Co-op finally working! A tip for those trying to co-op: make sure you're not Hunter of Hunter. It seems that stops people from coming in to help you and if they summon you then there's a high change you'll be hostile. Also make sure one of you isn't executioner and the other Vileblood as you'll also be hostile to one another.

Top Bottom