• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Co-op finally working! A tip for those trying to co-op: make sure you're not Hunter of Hunter. It seems that stops people from coming in to help you and if they summon you then there's a high change you'll be hostile. Also make sure one of you isn't executioner and the other Vileblood as you'll also be hostile to one another.
Once we got it working it was fun though. It was fun ganking some of those enemies.

ramyeon

Once we got it working it was fun though. It was fun ganking some of those enemies.
Yeah man thanks for sticking around! I'm glad I have a clearer understanding of how covenants affect co-op now too. Seems really important to make sure you're using matching covenant runes.

Co-op finally working! A tip for those trying to co-op: make sure you're not Hunter of Hunter. It seems that stops people from coming in to help you and if they summon you then there's a high change you'll be hostile. Also make sure one of you isn't executioner and the other Vileblood as you'll also be hostile to one another.

That's interesting. Been a hoonter of hoonters since day 1 but I get summoned pretty quick with just 2-3 instances where the beckoner was hostile, never tried summoning others. Getting summoned in chalice still takes a long while though.

ramyeon

That's interesting. Been a hoonter of hoonters since day 1 but I get summoned pretty quick with just 2-3 instances where the beckoner was hostile, never tried summoning others. Getting summoned in chalice still takes a long while though.
I don't know what variables affect the chance of them being hostile is. The wiki says they'll be hostile towards "blood addled hunters". Perhaps it depends on how much PVP or invading you do? I've been doing a lot recently and Jaded was hostile both times I summoned him (Once I was Vileblood, next time I was also Hunter of Hunter). He was also hostile right away when he was Executioner and I was Vileblood (I think this is 100%). Only way to reliably co-op was for us both to be Vileblood (Or both Executioner).

Melchiah

With my first character I'm running around with a gem that does bolt and physical damage, I should probably consider boosting my arcane to add some damage for the bolt gem. Charging up the Burial Blade and having it rag doll some of the enemies into walls is actually pretty funny, also gives you another good reach option with the cane.

The Burial Blade seems like an interesting weapon, but I also love the aesthetics of the Saw Cleaver, and how it's kinda de facto weapon in the game.

So currently these are the stats to my second character:
11825618_10154323104557195_6844292972584050054_n.jpg

Is that the character you've been using in the Defiled chalice? If so, thumbs up for beating the bosses with those stats. =)

ramyeon

Doesn't seem like anyone is entirely sure about what gives you blood addled status but from what I gather it seems like whenever you use the Sinister Bell there's a 5% chance of being flagged with Blood Addled status. If you have this flag then whenever you summon a Hunter of Hunters for co-op then they'll be hostile. Not sure if this is a permanent flag or if it goes away after time but I didn't use the Sinister Bell at all today so it doesn't just go away from resetting. Might go away if you get killed by a Hunter of Hunters?

I don't know what variables affect the chance of them being hostile is. The wiki says they'll be hostile towards "blood addled hunters". Perhaps it depends on how much PVP or invading you do? I've been doing a lot recently and Jaded was hostile both times I summoned him (Once I was Vileblood, next time I was also Hunter of Hunter). He was also hostile right away when he was Executioner and I was Vileblood (I think this is 100%). Only way to reliably co-op was for us both to be Vileblood (Or both Executioner).

Yeah if I had to guess it could be that, I barely pvp so that might be it. :p
Fextra live says Vilebloods will be hostile towards Executioners and vice versa. But when it comes to Hunter of Hunters, they'll be hostile towards other hunter of hunters.

I hope they add some pvp centric covenants in the expansion.

Edit: There's a small chance that a fellow hunter of hunter will get a blood addled status so it's not a 100% thing.

ramyeon

Yeah if I had to guess it could be that, I barely pvp so that might be it. :p
Fextra live says Vilebloods will be hostile towards Executioners and vice versa. But when it comes to Hunter of Hunters, they'll be hostile towards other hunter of hunters.

I hope they add some pvp centric covenants in the expansion.

Edit: There's a small chance that a fellow hunter of hunter will get a blood addled status so it's not a 100% thing.
Been reading up on it and posted what I found above. Blood Addled is definitely not limited to HoH, like I said originally I was Vileblood and Jaded was HoH and he was hostile to me. I must have picked up the Blood Addled status from using the Sinister Bell recently. I don't think it goes away until I get killed by a HoH. HoH will be hostile to anyone with the Blood Addled status regardless of their covenant (Seems that as long as you have Blood Addled status they will 100% be hostile towards you).

Thanks again Dhruv for the carry through the Defiled Chalice!

What does it mean when it says that "this chalice dungeon has been deleted from the server" in red at the bottom of my screen? It is my own private dungeon. Can I still enter it?

If you haven't visited a chalice in sometime then the servers purge it and I don't think you can go there anymore

Been reading up on it and posted what I found above. Blood Addled is definitely not limited to HoH, like I said originally I was Vileblood and Jaded was HoH and he was hostile to me. I must have picked up the Blood Addled status from using the Sinister Bell recently. I don't think it goes away until I get killed by a HoH. HoH will be hostile to anyone with the Blood Addled status regardless of their covenant (Seems that as long as you have Blood Addled status they will 100% be hostile towards you).

Looking for some PvP?

Read
a post on reddit about
the guide and you're right about the sinister bell giving you a blood addled status. Everyone can get the status including hunters without a covenant apparently.

I'm thinking the blood addled status lasts just for that session only, since ringing the bell gives you the status. Need more some confirmation whether or not it lasts for the session or till you get killed by a hunter of hunters.

ramyeon

Read
a post on reddit about
the guide and you're right about the sinister bell giving you a blood addled status. Everyone can get the status including hunters without a covenant apparently.

I'm thinking the blood addled status lasts just for that session only, since ringing the bell gives you the status. Need more some confirmation whether or not it lasts for the session or till you get killed by a hunter of hunters.
It doesn't just last that session. Like I mentioned earlier I haven't used the Sinister Bell at all today. I used it yesterday but I quit the game and turned my PS4 off after that.

lord_lad

Banned
Coop is easy if you are using the Short Root Chalice on the Makeshift Altar...

that's what i've been doing everynight for the past week....helping people clearing their Chalice Dungeons run while i earn Blood Stone Chunks from it...

ramyeon

that's what i've been doing everynight for the past week....helping people clearing their Chalice Dungeons run while i earn Blood Stone Chunks from it...
Isn't that random co-op though? You can't specifically co-op with a friend that way afaik.

I haven't been able to coop with friends using that method tough

It doesn't just last that session. Like I mentioned earlier I haven't used the Sinister Bell at all today. I used it yesterday but I quit the game and turned my PS4 off after that.

Ah, I misread that part in your post I guess. Either way, Confirmation Acknowledged. :D

Thinking about it now, Fromsoft should add a Hunter of Hunter's register as well. It could be cool to know how many Blood Addled hunters you've taken down.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Anyone wearing Hunter of Hunter rune has a 5% chance of getting a blood-addled hunter/adversary effect during coop session, IIRC. So it's just luck.

ramyeon

Anyone wearing Hunter of Hunter rune has a 5% chance of getting a blood-addled hunter/adversary effect during coop session, IIRC. So it's just luck.
That doesn't seem right, the official guide says that you have a 5% chance of getting Blood Addled status if you use the Sinister Bell. If you then summon a HoH they will be hostile towards you. I don't know how/when the status disappears (I'm assuming you have to lose to the HoH you summoned) but if you have the status it appears that it's a 100% chance the HoH will be hostile towards you.

There are a few posts following the ones you quoted talking about it.

The mechanic makes sense. You get blood addled by attacking/invading too many hunters (5% is a small chance but if you're doing a lot of PVP it adds up), and then need to be taken down by a Hunter of Hunters. It wouldn't make sense if just by summoning a HoH to help you there was chance to become "Blood addled" for no reason.

Also, each time I summoned Jaded today while he was a Hunter he was hostile to me, would take way more than a 5% chance for that to happen.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
That doesn't seem right, the official guide says that you have a 5% chance of getting Blood Addled status if you use the Sinister Bell. If you then summon a HoH they will be hostile towards you. I don't know how/when the status disappears (I'm assuming you have to lose to the HoH you summoned) but if you have the status it appears that it's a 100% chance the HoH will be hostile towards you.

The mechanic makes sense. You get blood addled by attacking/invading too many hunters (5% is a small chance but if you're doing a lot of PVP it adds up), and then need to be taken down by a Hunter of Hunters. It wouldn't make sense if just by summoning a HoH to help you there was chance to become "Blood addled" for no reason.

Also, each time I summoned Jaded today while he was a Hunter he was hostile to me, would take way more than a 5% chance for that to happen.

Hmmmmm. I always wear HoH and whenever I coop with someone I always tell them to also wear HoH (or I just unequip the rune) and only very very rarely I got summoned as an adversary so... gah, I don't know.

ramyeon

Hmmmmm. I always wear HoH and whenever I coop with someone I always tell them to also wear HoH (or I just unequip the rune) and only very very rarely I got summoned as an adversary so... gah, I don't know.
I even tried also equipping a HoH rune as well and he was still hostile to me. The Blood Addled status is something you pick up from using the Sinister Bell, it has nothing to do with the HoH Rune apart from the fact that people in that covenant will be hostile to you if you summon them while you have the status.

The only way I could summon him as a co-operator was for him to remove the HoH rune.

Edit: So I'm watching DSP fight the Watchdog in the Defiled Pthumeru dungeon and it's actually hilarious. I'm surprised this guy got as far as he did tbh. After 3 or so tries he's just like "It's impossible. There's no way to beat it."

Is that the character you've been using in the Defiled chalice? If so, thumbs up for beating the bosses with those stats. =)
God no, my Defiled character was like in the high 130's to even 140 when she went in there, I'll have to turn my PS4 on and grab her stat screen from that. That's my second character, skill/bloodtinge build, whom is like 5 levels higher than that now with a +10 Chikage and better gems, the attack rating is in the 400's now. If you watch my Ebrietas video she's like level 95 picking Ebrietas apart.
First character, the one that I beat the Defiled chalice with:
11181182_10154324131567195_7496193255292175465_n.jpg

Here's my second character that took apart Ebrietas and well a couple levels above that video, this is the one Ramyeon cooped with as I was leveling her up a bit:
11811569_10154324135267195_3756680933560457777_n.jpg

That's in a Chalice Dungeon in front of a boss entrance door. Never seen those enemies myself. They are probably in a level 5 root chalice dungeon or sinister chalice dungeon. I haven't done any of those yet myself but they are known to have some unique enemies.
I've done a couple of depth 5 Root chalice but I've never seen it before.

Deku Tree

Where do these creatures exist in the game:

https://vine.co/v/eXphhrKbVee

I've done a couple of depth 5 Root chalice but I've never seen it before.

Took a quick look and I was unable to find anything looking like that enemy in the official guide....

.... I looked at all the pictures on every page of the beast chapter and the chalice dungeon chapter.

IDK. Can someone translate the text on that page?

EDIT: Google Translate gives me "Divert the Masamunesu"

EDIT2: I tweeted ENB. https://twitter.com/dekubleep/status/627115865960521729 Wonder if he will respond.

Melchiah

Woah! I've nearly platinumed Bloodborne (just need to finish the story one more time) and I've never seen that thing. It must be in an optional chalice?

o_O I've gone through every chalice, excluding Lower Ailing Loran and Defiled last bosses, and a couple of root chalices, and I've never seen that creature.

Could it be from the upcoming expansion? (be still my beating heart)

God no, my Defiled character was like in the high 130's to even 140 when she went in there, I'll have to turn my PS4 on and grab her stat screen from that. That's my second character, skill/bloodtinge build, whom is like 5 levels higher than that now with a +10 Chikage and better gems, the attack rating is in the 400's now. If you watch my Ebrietas video she's like level 95 picking Ebrietas apart.
First character, the one that I beat the Defiled chalice with:
11181182_10154324131567195_7496193255292175465_n.jpg

Here's my second character that took apart Ebrietas and well a couple levels above that video, this is the one Ramyeon cooped with as I was leveling her up a bit:
11811569_10154324135267195_3756680933560457777_n.jpg

Ah, I was already thinking that's a pretty good accomplishment, although beating the later chalices at any level is an accomplishment. =) I think I was also around level 95 when I beat Ebrietas in the main game. Finished the first playthrough at level 100.

ramyeon

Took a quick look and I was unable to find anything looking like that enemy in the official guide....

.... I looked at all the pictures on every page of the beast chapter and the chalice dungeon chapter.

IDK. Can someone translate the text on that page?

EDIT: Google Translate gives me "Divert the Masamunesu"

EDIT2: I tweeted ENB. https://twitter.com/dekubleep/status/627115865960521729 Wonder if he will respond.
KittenMaster posted above that it's a really rare spawning enemy in the procedurally generated root chalice dungeons. Doesn't surprise me it's not in the guide if it's a rare spawn in the root chalices which aren't even covered at all by the guide.

It's so cool that so much effort was put into an enemy that most people will never encounter.

Deku Tree

Incredibly rare spawn in root chalices.

KittenMaster posted above that it's a really rare spawning enemy in the procedurally generated root chalice dungeons. Doesn't surprise me it's not in the guide if it's a rare spawn in the root chalices which aren't even covered at all by the guide.

It's so cool that so much effort was put into an enemy that most people will never encounter.

Oh I missed that! Thanks! Do we ever get to know this enemies name?

Welp, looks like i'm definitely blood addled

11816116_10207646266175924_2163873254735222289_o.jpg

Melchiah

Apparently that amazing Bloodborne hunter statue is going to cost 36,800 yen... That's like $400 Australian (Around $300 US)... I was so keen but there's no way I could ever justify that :( There's even a blood soaked version coming out next year.

http://www.gecco.co.jp/sheet/sheet-bloodborne.html

http://www.gecco.co.jp/sheet/sheet-bloodbornepob.html

Too bad there isn't one of female hunter in the Crowfeather set holding a Threaded Cane. Not that I would pay that amount of money for it either.

Never saw that dude, yesterday got attacked by a Cainhurst bloodbeast in a phumeru boss rom.

Just some low notes.

Drink the Iosefka blood like 10 times each time you do go try talk on the clinic door where she is for extra lore.
Send the beggar to the clinic or
he will kill all the NPC on the cathedral everytime you change zones.
Using the red lady blood will for force the nun
to kill her of jealousy, try to use the nun's blood more than the red lady before rom
Sparing Pacthes life will send him to be a merchant in the chalices
Gasgoine wife will dissappear after you
creepy

Never saw that dude, yesterday got attacked by a Cainhurst bloodbeast in a phumeru boss rom.

Just some low notes.

Drink the Iosefka blood like 10 times each time you do go try talk on the clinic door where she is for extra lore.
to kill her of jealousy, try to use the nun's blood more than the red lady before rom
creepy
They pop up when you visceral an enemy. I only really do it to shit in rooms I have no plan on circling back to. I think I saved Ramyeon last night from one because he couldn't just run passed the damn thing.

Deku Tree

Just some low notes.

creepy

Thanks!

What is the
?

Some people reported killing Mergo will make her dissapear and
made the connection about the Music Box music is the same music as Mergo lullaby

It's just my whim but maybe
Viola was ascended by Oedon and became the Wet Nurse. Maybe Oedon ascended her into a formless great one for Mergo and in that process killed her body. Gascoigne sees her dead body and goes insane. After which he gives in to the thirst for blood and soon we find him.

It's just my whim but maybe
Viola was ascended by Oedon and became the Wet Nurse. Maybe Oedon ascended her into a formless great one for Mergo and in that process killed her body. Gascoigne sees her dead body and goes insane. After which he gives in to the thirst for blood and soon we find him.

Father G killed her because she forgot to bring to box to calm him sadly

So I'm trying my hand at a fetid rotted Lower Hintertomb dungeon and a powered down version of the chikage hunter appears...why?

Its fun right!? right?

Top Bottom